Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2022, 06:56   #4546
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
It would be great if someone could guide me through the usability of these iRA features in the real world and are they worth paying the extra 35K premium ?
My advice will be to not put money or iRa. Due to unavailability of variants I purchased Punch with iRA here are my thoughts:
  1. Features are great, but I really don’t find them useful in Tier 2/3 city. The only thing I appreciate is the reverse parking camera of all the features, maybe the auto fold ORVM will also make into my list.
    Before car purchase I was wooed by all these features manufacturers introduced but once I started using the car, all these things didn’t cross my mind at least once. I hope not everyone feels the same way and use the features to their need.
  2. After 1st year, you have to shell out 3500 to 4000 rupees for resubscribing to the services per year. You want to use these features for 5 years, you need to put down additional 20k if TATA doesn’t increase the price of subscription.
mr_robot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 16:16   #4547

Hi
I did PDI for Nexon XZ+ Manual petrol today. Noticed a couple of things and raised with Service advisor, he claimed they are non issues. Looking for opinions here
1. Week of manufacturing is different for all 5 tyres. (All are same Goodyear 215 R16 60 tyres). Ranging from last week of December 2021 to third week of Jan 2022. Is this okay or should all tyres be of same manufacturing week?
2. Spare tyre's profile is different 195 as compared to 215 for other tyres. Is this normal?
3. The power windows snap into place when completed closed (with a minor sound) instead of going into the top part of the door smoothly.
4. Some wires in engine bay had black electrical tape over them (don't have pictures, sorry).

Does any of the above looks like an issue? I can check again and get it rectified before delivery next week.
Thanks in advance.
jarpit96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 19:23   #4548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarpit96 View Post
Hi
I did PDI for Nexon XZ+ Manual petrol today. Noticed a couple of things and raised with Service advisor, he claimed they are non issues. Looking for opinions here
1. Week of manufacturing is different for all 5 tyres. (All are same Goodyear 215 R16 60 tyres). Ranging from last week of December 2021 to third week of Jan 2022. Is this okay or should all tyres be of same manufacturing week?
2. Spare tyre's profile is different 195 as compared to 215 for other tyres. Is this normal?
3. The power windows snap into place when completed closed (with a minor sound) instead of going into the top part of the door smoothly.
4. Some wires in engine bay had black electrical tape over them (don't have pictures, sorry).

Does any of the above looks like an issue? I can check again and get it rectified before delivery next week.
Thanks in advance.
1. This is pretty normal. As long as they are not more than 6 months old, which isn't the case as per you, this is definitely a non-issue.
2. That is how the car is dispatched from the plant. The spare is only supposed to be used in case of emergencies. Very common practice across many manufacturers these days (although frustrating). However, not much the dealership can do in this case.
3. That really depends on what the noise is. There is some noise when the window reaches is full travel and motor snaps off. Not an issue as long as it is consistent across all windows, as there's very little chance for all windows to have same issue.
4. If you are concerned that it is tampered with, just ask them to let you check out any other Nexon they have in stock for same thing. That should help.

Happy Ownership.!!
red_nemesis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 09:54   #4549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
It would be great if someone could guide me through the usability of these iRA features in the real world and are they worth paying the extra 35K premium ?
Hi, i got XZ+(O) last year and i don't think iRA is worth paying the premium. I don't use it anymore and when I did, i used to suffer with low network signals, so much so, the commands use to take a very long time. I consider it a gimmick at its current stage.
demonoider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 13:10   #4550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
My advice will be to not put money or iRa. Due to unavailability of variants I purchased Punch with iRA here are my thoughts:
  1. Features are great, but I really don’t find them useful in Tier 2/3 city. The only thing I appreciate is the reverse parking camera of all the features, maybe the auto fold ORVM will also make into my list.
    Before car purchase I was wooed by all these features manufacturers introduced but once I started using the car, all these things didn’t cross my mind at least once. I hope not everyone feels the same way and use the features to their need.
  2. After 1st year, you have to shell out 3500 to 4000 rupees for resubscribing to the services per year. You want to use these features for 5 years, you need to put down additional 20k if TATA doesn’t increase the price of subscription.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoider View Post
Hi, i got XZ+(O) last year and i don't think iRA is worth paying the premium. I don't use it anymore and when I did, i used to suffer with low network signals, so much so, the commands use to take a very long time. I consider it a gimmick at its current stage.
Hello Mr_Robot & Demonoider,

Thank you for your response. You guys have cemented my thoughts on the iRA app and its day to day practical usage. I am waiting to have a first hand look of the Kaziranga edition and how that colour looks in real world. If I like the colour and the pricing is reasonable than I will go ahead with Kaziranga edition or will go ahead with the XZ+ (S).

Regards
Diesektuned
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 16:41   #4551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarpit96 View Post
Hi

Thanks in advance.
Hi, Congrats on the new Nexon.
Do the following check please at the time of the delivery at least, if possible even earlier.
Below the front seats is the connection for the load sensor of the seat and/or the seat belt sensor. It is a simple wire, with a connector. In my car, this cable is lying on the floor of the car. Yes, it is connected and functions as expected, but if there is someone tall seating behind the driver's seat, and stretches their legs under the front seat, there is a chance that this wire would get disturbed. If possible, please get it stowed away properly. I noticed it a few days earlier myself, will get it fixed in the next servicing.
Cheers!
NovemberKing_91 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 12:13   #4552

How many days does it take for new stock cars to travel from TATA plant in Pune to Bangalore by train?

The dealer in Bangalore told me they are waiting since 1 week! Why does train travel take 1 week for Pune to BLR?
Old 26th February 2022, 21:11   #4553
Senior - BHPian

Hey All

One of my friends is considering the Nexon, his daily running is quite high, between 40-50kms cutting across the typical Bangalore traffic conditions. Hence his ideal choice would be a diesel automatic. Obviously that limits his choices to the Sonet, Venue and the Nexon.

In terms of pure engine and gearbox combination, I’m sure it’s the Sonet that seems like the best due to its CVT gearbox, but as an overall package the Nexon is very good too, obviously the safety factor is proven here.

So would really appreciate feedback on the Nexon diesel automatic, mainly from the perspective of using in peak traffic conditions. I have read many users complain of the head nodding issue of AMT gear boxes, especially in peak traffic, so is the Nexon an exception?
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 00:03   #4554
BHPian

Dear All,

I have visited the service centre 2-3 times once for my first service and then 2 times for repairs. Just wanted to give an update on the same.

Service related update

1) Regarding parking break issue - as suggested by dear Reinhard, to check that the rear wheel are free spinning on the jack, the service centre mounted the vehicle to validate and there was no issue found. So, no issue here. This is under observation.

2) Regarding boot closing issue - they did some tweaking with the lock and showed it to me as well but unfortunately i still found that boot requires extra pressure to be applied for closing which will make the boot more noisy as it is slammed hard and may deteriorate in future. I am still not satisfied with the resolution.

3) Regarding braking issue on rough surface and potholes - here i have mentioned the issue of brake hardening as suggested by my BIL. On this the technician mentioned that there is no such issue observed. Then my BIL showed them the issue where on rough patches if brakes are applied than there is cranking sound in the brake and also it hardens to some extent. TO which they mentioned that this is due to ABS and they also showed another vehicle nexon where similar behaviour was observed. They said that this is not an issue with the vehicle and this is the way ABS behaves. I do not know what to say on this. But the cranking side was audible on braking on rough roads.

4) Washing - that was not upto the mark, the wash did not remove the dust of the inner side of the front grills. and at some other places like inside of the boot etc..they did not cleaned those properly.

5) Regarding wiper fluid issue - they mentioned that the dealership may or may not fill it washer fluid and from the factory it does not come with proper washer fuild which was kind of music to my ears. They simply asked me if i want washer fluid then i have to pay from my pocket for which i refused so they simply filled it with water and showed me that this is working.

following is update on the TMSC service centre on the accidental repairs.

1) the repair is not upto the mark - they didn't remove the complete dent and can be observed when touched. also the alignment of the bumper fitting was not proper. I have to return empty as i left it for them to correct.

2) They invoiced complete bumper (10372/-) - this is despite the fact that as per discussion with them only quarter panel needs denting painting and bumper may require bracket as there was no visible damage to the bumper. As the insurance was cashless, i was not aware what they were invoicing and showing to surveyor. But this came as a shocker to me. When asked for old part, they failed to show same to me. I do not know how to proceed on this as to me they charged for something which to my understanding was never damaged. i have raised issue with their GM and waiting for an update from them. This bumper costing has been approved by the insurer as well but to me this feels like unnecessary inflation of bills. And i am really hating this kind of behavior by the TMSC. Any ideas how to go further on this.

thanks
neutron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 00:09   #4555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StableRide View Post
How many days does it take for new stock cars to travel from TATA plant in Pune to Bangalore by train?

The dealer in Bangalore told me they are waiting since 1 week! Why does train travel take 1 week for Pune to BLR?
Ask the dealership to show the vehicle transit status, there is TMLD logistics portal which displays the vehicle location along with chasis number. This will show the actual status. Otherwise be patient, its just 1 week
Old 28th February 2022, 12:45   #4556
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Used Nexon XZA+ (S) Petrol or new XZ+

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleinkol View Post

- If I exclude Sunroof and AMT, then the model would be Nexon XZ+
- XZ+ Kolkata OTR 11.3 Lakh as per carwale, while I can utilize my 50% NCB on Alto, and no negotiations done with any dealership yet - which should also be something (given there could be pressure on FY end in March). So I presume the OTR for new XZ+ Petrol could be around 10.8-11 L
- I do not need the car now, I can easily wait

AMT is no good , if you are good to drive with MT then you should be good to drive XZ+.

And if you can wait then you can go for kaziranga edition, I personally liked that.
Old 28th February 2022, 21:51   #4557
BHPian

Update:

I have got the car allotted to me and the VIN is MAT627129NLB22055.

I tried to decode it and it says feb 2022, did I get it right ?

any other thing to look for along with the detailed PDI team-bhp has ?
Old 1st March 2022, 18:11   #4558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StableRide View Post
It did take about a 8 days for our car to get to Bangalore after we got the allocation message. I think it is standard.

I thought they got the Cars by Truck, did not know they used railways.
vinodmk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 15:05   #4559
BHPian

Hi all,

A situation followed by a NOOB question here:

In the last 7 months of owning the Nexon, in a total drive of about 8000 kms, my tire has got punctured twice.
First was a sidewall puncture of the front right wheel, a nice big, blunt bolt had lodged in somehow. And now, yesterday, found a super old nail embedded in between the treads of the rear left wheel.
Does the tire determine how good or bad it is against punctures? Are there puncture resistant tires, I mean some tires more resistant than some others type?
If I were to replace the tires, would I get some discount? The tread is there very much as of now.
Lastly, installing a TPMS, how useful is it?
Old 2nd March 2022, 16:00   #4560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Does the tire determine how good or bad it is against punctures? Are there puncture resistant tires, I mean some tires more resistant than some others type?
Against screws and nails - there is hardly any noticeable difference that you can get by changing tyres. All are more or less the same on the great equalizer that our roads are.
Quote:
If I were to replace the tires, would I get some discount? The tread is there very much as of now.
Lastly, installing a TPMS, how useful is it?[/quote]
You won't get much returns on used tyres. No matter how less they are used - you have pretty much passed the point of no return on them .
Quote:
Lastly, installing a TPMS, how useful is it?
Absolutely worth every penny. Get it. Where it helps the most - is on those long drives on highways for hours together - where a slow puncture is a big risk. TPMS alerts are fantastic. TPMS is one of the accessories - that must be in the list if one plans to spend on accessories for the car.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks