Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2022, 11:07   #4531
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
About 10 days back I was in a Tata showroom. While trying the Tata Nexon, I was not very comfortable during ingress/egress to/from driver's seat. I am 180 cm in height. Did anyone find this as a problem for taller people? Not sure if this was psychological as I am driving a Mahindra TUV3OO currently. I have found Tata Punch more comfortable than Tata Nexon in this aspect.
Had the same issue in the showroom, and I am a little taller than you. Did you try to decrease the seat height? I have the seat at its lowest for a better ingress/egress.
Old 8th February 2022, 13:35   #4532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
About 10 days back I was in a Tata showroom. While trying the Tata Nexon, I was not very comfortable during ingress/egress to/from driver's seat. I am 180 cm in height. Did anyone find this as a problem for taller people? Not sure if this was psychological as I am driving a Mahindra TUV3OO currently. I have found Tata Punch more comfortable than Tata Nexon in this aspect.
I am 190cm, and never found any issue in ingress/egress. Won't be much of an issue for the owner (I don't know if you were checking one for yourself) in the long run after the muscle memory for ingress/egress angles is set.

Disclaimer - I also drive an Alto without complaining much. So maybe I have some bones missing .

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th February 2022 at 13:36.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 00:31   #4533
BHPian

Dear All,

With the support and guidance of all fellow bhpians, i was able to complete the process of vehicle purchase and got my vehicle (nexon xma petrol foliage) delivered on 14th Jan, 2022. As a first time car buyer, the forum was immensely helpful to me on each and every phase of this process. Yes, ever after so much support, i did some goof ups in this process but without fellow bhpians support, i would have failed miserably. Thank you once again.

Just trying to put a summary here:

The car was booked on 31st July,2021 and it was invoiced on 17th dec, 2021 (while in transit) after multiple escalations with TML. Location - delhi. I later got to know that vehicle warranty starts from date of invoicing and not from date of delivery.

Overall sales experience from dealership was Poor. details of dealership experience may require more than 2-3 pages of text(some of which has already been captured in my previous posts) therefore not going into that part.

On the price protection part, i booked the car on 875900 (ex-showroom) and there were 2 price hikes 1) 889400 (hike of 13500) and 2) 894900(hike of 5500/-). Initially TML did not offer any price protection but on repeated escalations for the delay in communication from the dealership, they did offer a discount of 7500 on ex showroom price of 889400 (which was settled from dealership margins, but this might be my assumption as i do not know at what price car was billed to the dealership)

The car was bought as company leased vehicle so insurance was taken from the lessor preferred insurer Reliance general. Cost of insurance with IDV of 850155 with zero dep, engine protect was around 29185/- (1 Yr OD, 3 Yr TP). Bought extended warranty of 3 years for 21500/-

FOC items from dealership was basic accessory kit containing mud flaps, mats, idol and perfume. Other than that rear parcel tray was taken from the dealership.

Items bought till now - Jopasu duster and microfiber cloth.

The car has open parking, therefore still going thru other team bhp threads for car cleaning but not finalised on the items to be bought. Items on radar proklear raw extreme Cx waterless, proklear windshield washer concentrate, collinite 845. As of now, car is being cleaned by regular car cleaning guy who wipes of dust and then cleans it with normal water, i know many TBHPians has mentioned that this will cause a lot of swirl marks in long term and that's why looking for wax like collinite 845 regular application of which may prevent those swirl marks. Looking for comments from fellow bhpians here.

As i am still a learner, therefore will not be able to provide much feedback on driving dynamics but still sharing some of the feedback received while the car is being driven around in Uttarkhand hills and highways (around 700 km trip) by my BIL.

1) The car was delivered to me with almost zero washer fluid. On the highway, when the dust settled on the windscreen, we tried running the wiper with fluid. but there was nothing coming out, once we thought it was a washer pump failure but as we put some water in the fluid tank, it started spraying the water. So, dealership has again goofed up on this. On complaining to them, as usual there was no reply.

2) I am told that on potholes, the brakes are not working properly and they are pushing back. Not sure if other people are also facing this issue.

3) Once the car was placed with handbrake for around 1 week and after that when it was run, the right side rear wheel emanated a bad burning smell like the rear parking brake was still applied while in actual it was not. Not sure what's the issue here..

4) boot lock - i am not sure where this is an issue or i am not pushing the boot correctly but i feel that sometimes boot does not lock and i need to push it again.

5) rear seat orientation - it seems there is a lot of difference in the height of the front and rear seat and if you switch to rear seat after being seated in front seat for some time, you will feel that you have lost a lot of height. Rear seat orientation does not fit well. I understand that it was done due to reclining slope of the roof, but since the window glass ends over your shoulder, it feels a lot claustrophobic. It was not too problematic for me but it was for one of my close relative who have history of giddiness while going thru the circular roads in hills.

6) dent received - while reversing, my BIL failed to notice a tree behind and while the car was moving at a speed of around 3-4 km/hr, extreme left hand side of bumper took a hit. while there was no damage at the point which has taken the hit. but the bumper got displaced from left and the left quarter panel has bent. I am surprised with the kind of impact the vehicle took at this speed specially considering build quality of nexon. Also it seems for the extreme left of the vehicle, the sensor beeped quite late as by the time we heard the beep, there was thud sound as well. looking for feedback from fellow bhpians on the repairs part for the approximate cost of repairs. Is it wise to get it repaired from tata service centre or repairing from outside will be cheaper. As i am completely novice on this part. any guidance would be appreciated. Also, any recommendation for FNG in east delhi for repairing this. Attaching images.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20220206170851.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20220206170859_1.jpg

Thanks
neutron is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 10:18   #4534
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your car & sorry to see the damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron View Post
I am told that on potholes, the brakes are not working properly and they are pushing back. Not sure if other people are also facing this issue.
No not really. However - this is a feedback from a person who probably drives another car, and finds your car's behaviour alien compared to what he is used to. So what is important is - you quickly start driving & noticing things for yourself. Then you can explain to the ASC properly if there really is a problem. If your BIL notes this as a serious issue - best to go along with him to the ASC and get it checked with explanation of the issue.

Quote:
3) Once the car was placed with handbrake for around 1 week and after that when it was run, the right side rear wheel emanated a bad burning smell like the rear parking brake was still applied while in actual it was not. Not sure what's the issue here.
Your brake pads were stuck to the rims due to the car being left standing for a while - although 1 week is too short for that to happen. I have left mine for as long as a month in the monsoons during lockdowns, without issues. Did the wheel get free rolling after a bit of driving? Or the smell / brake sound continues? If yes - take the car to the ASC and get it fixed. If you do visit - ask them to check brake fluid as well.
If you want to check for yourself, put the car in 1st gear, turn engine off, release the hand-brake, lift the right rear side on wheel-jack & check if the wheel rolls without resistance by hand. Ensure you have an experienced company like your BIL, since you are still new to car maintenance.
Quote:
5) rear seat orientation - it seems there is a lot of difference in the height of the front and rear seat and if you switch to rear seat after being seated in front seat for some time, you will feel that you have lost a lot of height. Rear seat orientation does not fit well. I understand that it was done due to reclining slope of the roof, but since the window glass ends over your shoulder, it feels a lot claustrophobic. It was not too problematic for me but it was for one of my close relative who have history of giddiness while going thru the circular roads in hills.
The seats are only marginally lower (if at all) in the rear, and that helps lowering center of gravity. Improves car handling and ride on the road. Yes the shoulder line rises rather sharply, and for shorter people it means the window line is right up at the face. Don't worry much about that as long as your immediate family is happy in the cabin. We can't & shouldn't worry about others being comfortable in our car all the time . If the person has a history of motion sickness / giddiness - it means he/she has suffered the same even without a rising window line. Can't help it.
Quote:
I am surprised with the kind of impact the vehicle took at this speed specially considering build quality of nexon. Also it seems for the extreme left of the vehicle, the sensor beeped quite late as by the time we heard the beep, there was thud sound as well. looking for feedback from fellow bhpians on the repairs part for the approximate cost of repairs. Is it wise to get it repaired from tata service centre or repairing from outside will be cheaper. As i am completely novice on this part. any guidance would be appreciated.
For an impact with the tree, this damage is expected. Don't confuse build quality with the car being made of adamantium . Also, it is possible that in panic, the driver pressed on the gas pedal at the last moment instead of brake, further increasing the magnitude. Happens more often than we think.

As for the repairs - get it done at TASC, under insurance. Overall you'll have to pay about INR1000 as the claim fee etc, and rest will get covered by insurance. Don't bother about local garages with a brand new car - because its really tricky to find one that matches a complex colour shade well. TASC is well known to perfectly match colours.

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th February 2022 at 10:32.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 13:38   #4535
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase. Wishing you many miles of happy motoring.

Quote:

4) boot lock - i am not sure where this is an issue or i am not pushing the boot correctly but i feel that sometimes boot does not lock and i need to push it again.
This was an issue with my Nexon as well. I guess ours will be of the same batch, as mine was Invoiced on 8 Jan.

Went for the first service last Saturday and informed the Service Advisor about the same. He tweaked the locking mechanism a bit and it works flawlessly now.
dZired is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 12:12   #4536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations on your car & sorry to see the damage.
Heartfelt thanks to you Reinhard, I have learnt a lot from your valuable inputs to this forum.

Quote:
No not really. However - this is a feedback from a person who probably drives another car, and finds your car's behaviour alien compared to what he is used to.
I am not sure but he has provided this feedback multiple times as our route was filled with potholes. When asked for detailed explanation, he mentioned that first brake is applied on noticing the pothole and secondly if more braking is needed while traversing the exact pothole, there he was finding the issue. Anyhow, as suggested its best to take him as well during first service so that they can discuss it out with SA.

Quote:
I have left mine for as long as a month in the monsoons during lockdowns, without issues. Did the wheel get free rolling after a bit of driving? Or the smell / brake sound continues? If yes - take the car to the ASC and get it fixed. If you do visit - ask them to check brake fluid as well.
We have driven around 5-6 km that day after this issue happened, and the smell was coming from one of the rear tyre when we approached near the tyre and sometimes coming inside the cabin as well when the windows were open. We left the car to check it next day again, and next day we didn't find any smell. The car has travelled around 300 km (for the return trip) after that didn't observe that thing again. But definitely, will get this checked at TMSC during first service.

Quote:
The seats are only marginally lower (if at all) in the rear, and that helps lowering center of gravity. Improves car handling and ride on the road. Yes the shoulder line rises rather sharply, and for shorter people it means the window line is right up at the face.
Although not too problematic felt during the period i sat on the rear seat, but the feedback is mine as well, the trigger to switch seats was motion sickness felt by the other person in the rear seat. After we switched seats and i went to rear seat, i started feeling these differences, i am 5' 8" and i found that the window line is above my shoulder line. But its something which may be bothersome to some and for others no issues at all. Only time will tell

Quote:
For an impact with the tree, this damage is expected. Don't confuse build quality with the car being made of adamantium . Also, it is possible that in panic, the driver pressed on the gas pedal at the last moment instead of brake, further increasing the magnitude. Happens more often than we think.
I was there is the car while this happened, the car was being reversed on the parking of a restaurant at a very slow rate. And no gas pedal press at the last moment.

As during a hit, lots of physics involved and how the forces are distributed but it was more of an layman observation that it was the bumper which took the minor hit. And after i cleaned it up on reaching home, there was not a visible paint scratch or dent on the surface of bumper. But it was the inner side of the quarter panel which got bent and the joint got exposed. So, that part was of relatively less strength where when the force got concentrated gave away. I had a feeling that the joint was already having a lot of pressure the way they were connected and with this minor hit, it could not take more.

Yes, as suggested will take it to TMSC for repair and use the insurance for rectification during the first service.

Last edited by neutron : 10th February 2022 at 12:30. Reason: corrected one statement
neutron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 16:39   #4537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post

Went for the first service last Saturday and informed the Service Advisor about the same. He tweaked the locking mechanism a bit and it works flawlessly now.
Tail gate link rod and actuator assembly are getting replaced in many vehicles as an updation (free of cost). I went for third free service recently and it was done on my car even though I had not mentioned any issues with the boot. I did face the issue you mentioned couple of times but I just ignored it thinking it to be an one-off situation.
NvrGivUp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 19:33   #4538
BHPian

Dear All,

1) Do we receive the warranty card for car batteries as well? what is the warranty duration for the batteries? I was told verbally that warranty on battery(exide) is for 18 months only, there won't be any warranty card for it. But in one of the documents which i signed(i am blind) on delivery date, they have mentioned 'Yes' against a checkbox for warranty card of batteries.

2) For the extended warranty, do we receive any booklet or physical document? On delivery date, CA mentioned that it will be home delivered but till now have not received anything. As the extended warranty is more limiting than the standard warranty, there must be some documentation what all is covered or not.

Thanks
neutron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 21:40   #4539
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

1) Do we receive the warranty card for car batteries as well?

2) For the extended warranty, do we receive any booklet or physical document?

Thanks
1) Yes. There is a warranty card provided (In the Nexon booklet in my case) however I need to check on the expiry.

2) I did not receive any booklet for my extended warranty. However I was informed this is updated on their system. I downloaded the TMSC app and there I can find my extended warranty details. I suggest you install the TMSC app it's quite handy.
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 15:29   #4540

Hello everyone.

We booked a Nexon XZ+(S) around late October from Prerana Motors, Lalbagh and had asked for delivery before February end (around my birthday ). The SA Mr. Chandan has been very professional with us and we have been updated of every minute thing related to our car.

Today morning my father called up the showroom to inform them that we will come for PDI tomorrow(upon my insistence). However the lady who picked the call informed him that the showroom has a 'team' of people who will perform the PDI in our place. And since I wasn't around, he reluctantly agreed to them. Now that I know of it, I'm really confused as to what can be done.

And in case they do allow PDI, can you please give some 'rules of thumb' to be followed? Although I will follow the Team-BHP checklist, I'd appreciate any form of tips provided by members.

Please provide your advice.

Thanks.
Old 14th February 2022, 10:11   #4541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post

One question I had was around FE.

Attachment 2266941
I have 2020 Dec Manufactured Nexon XZA+ Diesel AMT. I have not received more than 17kmpl ever, on the highway. In city it goes to 10kmpl if speeds are less than 40kmph. But my friend’s manual transmission Nexon travelled from Chennai to Bangalore in less than half tank, that puts his efficiency about the 24-26kmpl.

The AMT sucks on efficiency, at least the One on the Nexon.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th February 2022 at 14:22. Reason: Please capitalize where required. Thanks.
TorqMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 11:39   #4542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
I have 2020 Dec Manufactured Nexon XZA+ Diesel AMT.

I have not received more than 17kmpl ever, on the highway. In city it goes to 10kmpl if speeds are less than 40kmph.

But my friend’s manual transmission nexon travelled from chennai to bangalore In less than half tank, that puts his efficiency about the 24-26kmpl.

The AMT sucks on efficiency, atleast the One on the nexon.
Well not sure on the AMT, I have a manual Diesel Nexon. I have done plenty of runs Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore. I can vouch one side can be done in half tank or less than half tank if one maintains speed around 100KMPH.

I once had the risk taking desire to do Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore and I had some fuel to spare. Though honestly, I went only till Hyundai plant and not all the way to Chennai.

Nexon diesel is surprisingly fuel efficient despite the heft
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 16:14   #4543
BHPian

Quote:
I have 2020 Dec Manufactured Nexon XZA+ Diesel AMT. I have not received more than 17kmpl ever, on the highway. In city it goes to 10kmpl if speeds are less than 40kmph. But my friend’s manual transmission Nexon travelled from Chennai to Bangalore in less than half tank, that puts his efficiency about the 24-26kmpl.

Probably you may want to have it checked. I have a XZA+ Petrol AMT (Feb 21) and driven around 13K kms so far. On an average, it gives me a mileage of around 10-11 in city and easily 17-18 on highway. Recently I got a MID mileage of 23.6 kmpl for a distance of 100+ kms. It all depends on your driving style as well as the traffic condition. I'm so impressed with the Nexon AMT and have no complaints at all
NvrGivUp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 21:12   #4544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wow - my city FE doesn't fall below 14 or so (17.5-19 on the MID) and with a little aggressive foot have started seeing 18-19 on the highway. I'd read the diesel AMT Nexon is actually more FE than the manual, so was surprised.

It's also peppy, and staying at 90 on empty 4-6 laners is tough!
zenx is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 19:37   #4545
BHPian

hello guys,

I am about to finalise a Nexon Petrol MT, however i am confused between XZ+ (O) and XZ+ (S).

the primary difference between these 2 models is the IRA app and the gimmicks that come along with it.

It would be great if someone could guide me through the usability of these iRA features in the real world and are they worth paying the extra 35K premium ?

I am considering the Nexon as an upgrade from my existing 2012 WagonR, though we will be keeping the WagonR as it still performs well as a city round about.

Regards
Dieseltuned

Last edited by Dieseltuned : 19th February 2022 at 19:39. Reason: added a line

Most Viewed