Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2022, 03:57   #4516
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdie from plant chirps that the launch of the same is expected very, very soon.
Could be the first factory fit Turbocharged CNG engine. Hope they don’t go the NA route as this would be an exciting launch in terms of new technology.
Tgo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 11:11   #4517
BHPian

Tata has seen the potential of alternative fuels in the budget segment and is now harnessing it. Nexon shall soon be the only car to be available in (Turbo)Petrol, Diesel, EV, CNG and a hybrid if the last of options materialize. And too with a 5 Star Ncap rating. Not to forget, an automatic (albeit AMT) & a sunroof available as an option almost across the range. Going by the recent Tiago and Tigor launches, Tata is likely to launch the CNG across the Nexon range too.

If only the sleeping giant (Maruti) could wake up from its ignorant slumber.
shubham7799 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 17:32   #4518
BHPian

Hi All,

I got a call from the Tata Motors saying that I must bring my Nexon to the service centre to have an update.
Upon asking for further details, the lady said it has to with the Tail Lights but could not elaborate on it.
Anyone else received similar calls? Has further details on this?

Cheers!
Old 4th February 2022, 11:11   #4519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Hi All,

I got a call from the Tata Motors saying that I must bring my Nexon to the service centre to have an update.
Upon asking for further details, the lady said it has to with the Tail Lights but could not elaborate on it.
Anyone else received similar calls? Has further details on this?

Cheers!
Update!!

Not the tail lights, rather the tailgate opening latch. There is a link bar in the mechanism which has been causing issues to some customers of the batch that my car is a part of. Hence, the update.

Done in 10 mins.
NovemberKing_91 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 16:01   #4520
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Used Nexon XZA+ (S) Petrol or new XZ+

Hi All:

A post after a long hiatus, though I have been lurking around as we are close to replacing our 11-yr old Alto LXI, our first car.

The choice for replacement is based on the following:
  • Should be safe (NCAP 4 or better)
  • Should give decent mileage, but not an EV (I am not sure about the EV yet, and I think it will take some more years to get the infrastructure ready)
  • On road price around 8/8.5 Lakh INR, with some flexibility (about 15-20%)
  • Prefer manual transmission - have a feeling that maintaining an automatic over 8-10 yrs period could be costlier than the MT (could be wrong - but MT would be safer choice)
  • Running is not much - may be 6-7K KM per year with some occasional highway drive as I am now mostly WFH while my wife does drive to her client's location within or around Kolkata
  • Would like to have a car with rear wiper and defogger; do not prefer to have sunroof
Based on the above, we are considering 3 cars:
  1. Tata Altroz NA Petrol
  2. Tata Altroz iTurbo Petrol
  3. Tata Nexon Petrol
Just today we came to know that one of our complex resident is traveling to Europe long term and need to sell off his Nexon XZA+S Petrol within Feb'21.

On checking with him, he told that he is expecting a price around 10.8 Lakh, while his purchase price was 11.83 OTR. It is 9 months old with just 2600 KM on ODO. It seemed very good initially, and I told him I am interested but price seems a problem for me.

My thinking process is as below:

- If I exclude Sunroof and AMT, then the model would be Nexon XZ+
- XZ+ Kolkata OTR 11.3 Lakh as per carwale, while I can utilize my 50% NCB on Alto, and no negotiations done with any dealership yet - which should also be something (given there could be pressure on FY end in March). So I presume the OTR for new XZ+ Petrol could be around 10.8-11 L
- I do not need the car now, I can easily wait

This used XZA+ car gives me
  • a 1 lakh discount when compared with 1st hand XZA+ S, but same price of new XZ+ OTR
  • Additional sunroof which I don't need/want
  • AMT is possibly costlier to maintain?
  • ARAI FE for AMT is marginally less than MT, so long-term fuel consumption will be more with the used car
  • I will have the car right away - no waiting period (not a big deal for me)
  • Ideally a 15% depreciation should be expected, which should take the used XZA+S price down to (11.83 L OTR x 85%) = 10.06 L
I request your view about the asking price of this car. Also your view about the aspects I touched and I might have missed in the thought process explained above.

I would need to decide quickly - so request your advice here.

Last edited by Eddy : 5th February 2022 at 20:30. Reason: Corrected
soleinkol is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 19:27   #4521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleinkol View Post
Hi All:

Get your self a new nexon. Seems you dont want sunroof and AMT. You might be able to get some decent discounts as exchange bonus. Book your choice of color
tikku.dk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 21:33   #4522
BHPian

@soleinkol

Why don't you give Punch a try.
Old 6th February 2022, 01:28   #4523

Finally brought home my Dark edition Tata Nexon XZ+

From the moment I laid my eyes on Nexon in 2017, I was smitten. There was something about it which pulled me towards it and I was waiting when I would be a proud owner of one.

Fast forward end of Dec and 2021, I booked Dark edition Nexon with Adishakti Motors, Bangalore with wait period of 2 - 3 months.

Background:
I have driven entry level Hyundai cars extensively so do consider myself having little exposure on how Hyundai cars handle and feel on roads - City and Highway. I believe below context will help:
  • My first car was pre-owned Hyundai Accent in 2012 (an awesome car and its a shame they stopped making those)
  • Cute little i10 - My parents car which I had driven over highways and in cities between Delhi and Kolkata
  • 2016 - My 1st new car - Grand i10 Sportz
Apart from these Hyundai cars, got lot of wheel time on my elder bro's Swift and recently Jeep

My Accent aside, none of the hatchbacks ever inspired confidence when driving on highways and I have driven these hatchbacks over 800+ kms. I am not even going to mention Jeep which is in its own class.

2016 - Tata Tiago was launched around that time and with so many Hyundai in the family, I had decided to go for local and had shortlisted Tata Tiago but had to drop it post booking and go for Grand i10 (another story but very old)

2021 - In Jan, wife and me went on a trip from Bangalore to Nashik which was good and we had fun time but it was in that trip I realized that a new car with good safety features and power is the need of the hour. Still I didn't want to part with my trusted ride of 5 years and wanted to drive it for another couple of years. Over the months, that bug of safe car with more power than my Grand i10 became a constant buzz in my mind which never went away.

Dec 2021 - I was driving back from airport with my wife when I casually brought up our need of a new car. We had discussed this earlier and decided to finally start the process - just a feeler here and there. So 28th Dec was when we started our quest for a new car

Next was to decide on sedan or sub 4m SUV - I wanted the later and it seemed wife was also inclined towards it. Wife told me to show her what options we have and I being so obedient and diligent - gave her 2 options
  • XUV 300
  • Tata Nexon

Our requirement:
Safety paramount - should be rating 5 (no compromise)
Petrol - Manual (I like the control it provides)
No Hyundai or Kia obviously
Indian Manufacturer
Top spec only

So it was really a choice between Mahindra and Tata. We decided to visit Mahindra showroom first and take a look at XUV300. Test drove Petrol and somehow couldn't connect with the car. It was good but felt it wasn't for me. Anyhow we came back and next day went to visit Tata Showroom.

We reached Adishakti Showroom bright and early on 31st Dec 2021. We went through usual hassle of stating what we want and waiting. After a wait of 10 mins, I got to sit on pilot seat of Nexon for the 1st time and I was totally bowled by everything which the car had to offer. I am unsure if that was because of my crush with Nexon for more than 4 years or whatever, but I wanted one now.

Sales executive kept on pointing out features and was knowledgeable but when you have a crush, you tend to read all reviews and see all videos out there so there really isn't much SE could have told me about the car. I was very excited during the drive and found a huge step up from my Grand i10 in all segments - drivability, power, comfort, looks, safety.

I did try to appear nonchalant when SE asked me how did I like driving the car because I didn't wanted to appear too eager. After giving us a run through on all Nexon options and their prices, both Wife and me went color shopping and zeroed on Daytona Grey. We nearly finalized it when I asked if they had Dark edition available and if we can take a look. We got affirmative and were shown a dusty Dark edition Nexon. Result - it took 5 mins of discussion between Wife and me which resulted in us paying a booking amount of 21K INR for Dark edition Nexon. We were given a wait period of 2 to 2.5 months and only request I had is to try to deliver the car before Holi.

2 weeks in Jan 2022, got call from showroom that a dark edition Nexon is on the way which has been allotted to us. If everything falls in place, we could have our Nexon by 24th Jan 2022. Faith had other plans and my apartment complex was put on quarantine due to some of the towers in the complex becoming Covid hot zone and I had to wait for a week before initiating all the process.

Finally containment zone lifted, NOC generated against my Grand i10 (I was lazy to remove hypothecation since Jan 2020 and earlier NOC had expired ), car evaluated and handed over and all financials sorted, we reached showroom on 28th Jan to take delivery. After all formalities, cake cutting, pics and walkthrough of car - I finally got the keys and we were in our new car. That exhilarating feeling, new car scent and reality of taking home that car which was in your mind for more than 4 years - I don't think I can do justice with my words. Wife commented though on my giddiness and my smile which didn't dim the entire way from showroom to our home.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220128_182218.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220128_182230.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220128_182239.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220128_182305.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220129_123938.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220129_124253.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20220129_124312.jpg  

Rony2207 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 15:12   #4524
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All:

A post after a long hiatus, though I have been lurking Just today we came to know that one of our complex resident is traveling to Europe long term and need to sell off his Nexon XZA+S Petrol within Feb'21.

On checking with him, he told that he is expecting a price around 10.8 Lakh, while his purchase price was 11.83 OTR. It is 9 months old with just 2600 KM on ODO. It seemed very good initially, and I told him I am interested but price seems a problem for me

I got a 2 month old 600km run Petrol XZA+S on December 2021 in Kerala for 10.85 . You can negotiate and bring the price down IMO
DevSunit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 11:38   #4525
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All:

The choice for replacement is based on the following:
  • Should be safe (NCAP 4 or better)
  • Should give decent mileage, but not an EV (I am not sure about the EV yet, and I think it will take some more years to get the infrastructure ready)
  • On road price around 8/8.5 Lakh INR, with some flexibility (about 15-20%)
  • Prefer manual transmission - have a feeling that maintaining an automatic over 8-10 yrs period could be costlier than the MT (could be wrong - but MT would be safer choice)
  • Running is not much - may be 6-7K KM per year with some occasional highway drive as I am now mostly WFH while my wife does drive to her client's location within or around Kolkata
  • Would like to have a car with rear wiper and defogger; do not prefer to have sunroof
Based on the above, we are considering 3 cars:
  1. Tata Altroz NA Petrol
  2. Tata Altroz iTurbo Petrol
  3. Tata Nexon Petrol
Just today we came to know that one of our complex resident is traveling to Europe long term and need to sell off his Nexon XZA+S Petrol within Feb'21.

Hi,

For your requirements, I would suggest looking at Altroz and Punch seriously. At around 8.5 OTR, a decent high end model of Altroz should be available, same with the Punch. If you are not planning for long trips or enthusiastic driving, the NA engine option is perfectly fine. Altroz is spacious and smooth, while Punch is the newest kid on the block. At 8.5 OTR, I believe the top end of Punch is within reach.
For Nexon, in 8.5 lakhs, you will get Nexon XM at best. It does not come with rear wiper and washer. I own one, and honestly, during the rainy season, I miss having the wiper.
Alternatively, you can have a look at Renault Kiger/Nissan Magnite too. They are lookers, quite loaded and have GNCAP 4 star ratings too.
NovemberKing_91 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 14:46   #4526
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Tata Altroz NA Petrol[*]Tata Altroz iTurbo Petrol
How long do you intend to keep this car? If I read it right - its 8 years or more under normal circumstances. In such a case - I strongly suggest you bump the budget/loan and buy the iTurbo or Diesel Altroz. These engines do justice to what the car is capable of doing. You'll enjoy the car far longer and won't feel the need to change in those 8 years. Make a compromise on the engine and that itch may come far sooner.

If you are okay with the 1.2 NA petrol - save money and buy a Tiago/Tigor. They are excellent products for the sticker price. I don't see much of a reason to buy a 1.2 NA Altroz to be honest. The Punch is a good car individually as well, but if I were to walk into a showroom - I'd definitely buy a top trim Tiago over a Punch & a lot of petrol afterwards. (For once, its good to see Tata offering cross-shopping options under one roof .)

It may well be true that in the long run an AT/AMT car may be costlier than an AT (it obviously is, given the asking price itself starts around 60K higher). But then - in the balance is the convenience. If your usage pattern is anywhere over 60% in urbanized environment - the premium definitely is worth it in the long run, unless you are a die-hard MT fan. Don't opt for MT just because it appears cheaper than AT. You may regret it in the long run.

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th February 2022 at 14:50.
Reinhard is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 17:49   #4527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'd definitely buy a top trim Tiago over a Punch & a lot of petrol afterwards.
You mean Tiago will drink more petrol or save more compared to Punch? Guess it is the later?

You are right - I want to live with this car for sometime - 8+ years for sure.
Old 7th February 2022, 19:34   #4528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You mean Tiago will drink more petrol or save more compared to Punch? Guess it is the later?
Ah, to clarify, I meant since the Tiago is cheaper, I could use the differential money (saved by not buying Punch with the same engine) for petrol & to actually drive the car around . Penny saved is penny earned afterall, especially in these segments. I believe in the "If you are spending more, it should show in the engine" philosophy. Getting old.

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th February 2022 at 19:37.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 09:52   #4529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
Gold AMC for 4 years costs Rs 38,700/- and P2P costs Rs10,715 for 4 years/60k.

1) Has anybody taken the Gold AMC for Nexon? Is it worth? What is the service cost per year you have paid without AMC after the 1st year?
2) P2P can be purchased within 2 years from Date of sale of vehicle. So it practical to purchase it now?
Hi Shrey,

Did you get answers to your questions? I'm in a similar dilemma. (Tata Motors Annual-Maintenance-Contract: Reviews?)
Old 8th February 2022, 10:11   #4530
Senior - BHPian

About 10 days back I was in a Tata showroom. While trying the Tata Nexon, I was not very comfortable during ingress/egress to/from driver's seat. I am 180 cm in height. Did anyone find this as a problem for taller people? Not sure if this was psychological as I am driving a Mahindra TUV3OO currently. I have found Tata Punch more comfortable than Tata Nexon in this aspect.

Last edited by airbus : 8th February 2022 at 10:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks