Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2022, 15:51   #4501

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

I am a first time car owner and had recently bought Nexon a month ago. For the first service I was charged Rs.1100 with the below quotation. is that expected or was I taken for a ride by the service centre? Can members help me out with this?

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_1832.jpg
Old 24th January 2022, 05:38   #4502

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik1996 View Post
I am a first time car owner and had recently bought Nexon a month ago. For the first service I was charged Rs.1100 with the below quotation. is that expected or was I taken for a ride by the service centre? Can members help me out with this?

Attachment 2263891
The service centers try to add these extra things and you should have denied it. First and second service is absolutely free and in third service only consumables are to be paid. Download TMSC app on your phone, it gives complete list of things to be done along with estimate.

Tata Motors is very particular about feedback these days. Mention this extra billing issue when you get the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuman View Post
Update: Tackling Rat Menace

I have been facing Rat Menace in my Parking and was looking for multiple solutions. Tried 3M Rat Repellant spray as well. Could not procure Tobacco leaves. So decided to try out Naphthalene Balls.

Nexon provides a readymade Home for Rats to take rest. The Wheel Well cover inside the Side Panels have Sponged material for Road Noise insulation thereby providing a cozy bed for the Rats.
Seeing the rats marks in your car is terrifying. I was also facing rats issues and tried pepper powder, tobacco and napthalene but these are only temporary solutions. Either they donot work or need regular replacement.

I wanted a permanent solution and I was aware of Carcat ultrasonic device but was a bit skeptical about investing in it. Some of my friends were using it and were very satisfied so finally I decided to give it a try.

Carcat is a small ultasound based device that can be installed in the engine bay. The sound waves are irritating for the rats and the company claims 96% success rate. The device is directly connected to the battery terminals and has a separate fuse.

I have been using it for 3-4 months now and have not seen a single rat mark in the car since then. It consumes very less power and comes with auto cut mode when voltage drops below a certain level to make sure battery is not dead. Recently I had to keep my car parked for almost 15 days and it was working when I returned. The car also cranked in one start. It seems like a permanent solution for now and absolutely worth the investment. I got the 4th generation one for around 3600 during sale from Amazon. The company has there own website and a shop in Mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20211023_131914.jpg  

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th January 2022 at 06:05. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Apratim_Choudhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 08:48   #4503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik1996 View Post

Attachment 2263891
You have been fleesed,as @Apratim has correctly suggested, mention this strongly on the TMSC app, you'll get a refund.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apratim_Choudhu View Post
The service centers try to add these extra things and you should have denied it. First and second service is absolutely free and in third service only consumables are to be paid. Download TMSC app on your phone, it gives complete list of things to be done along with estimate.

Tata Motors is very particular about feedback these days. Mention this extra billing issue when you get the cal
Very good and correct suggestions, both for the TMSC app., And rat menace.

Last edited by Vinod_nair : 24th January 2022 at 08:52.
Old 24th January 2022, 10:47   #4504
Senior - BHPian

Brought home a Tata Nexon XZ+ Petrol on Jan 20. It has already covered 800+ kms. I am loving the way it drives, especially on the highway. Waiting for the run-in period to be over to start enjoying it even more.

This is the second Tata car in the family, after my sister's Tiago. Let's see how the after-sales experience is.

PS: The overall delivery experience for Tata cars isn't great. I have been a part of much more fancier car deliveries from Maruti (Nexa) and Kia.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220122_16364101.jpeg
dZired is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 11:14   #4505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Brought home a Tata Nexon XZ+ Petrol on Jan 20. It has already covered 800+ kms. I am loving the way it drives, especially on the highway….

PS: The overall delivery experience for Tata cars isn't great. I have been a part of much more fancier car deliveries from Maruti (Nexa) and Kia.

Attachment 2264128
Congrats. Having a safe car is better than a fancy delivery experience. Cutting cakes, greeting customers with iPad and suites are just gimmicks in my humble opinion.
amvj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 12:16   #4506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apratim_Choudhu View Post

Seeing the rats marks in your car is terrifying. .
Thanks for the suggestion mate. Yes it is a solution which requires frequent replenishing of the Naphthalene Balls. I will try Ultrasonic repellants soon.
Old 30th January 2022, 18:24   #4507
Senior - BHPian

So I picked up a 12k kms used diesel XZA+ in good condition a year ago, and have added about 6000kms since. It drives like a beauty and the AMT is better than my expectations were from watching a bunch of videos online - no head jerks at all at least that I can perceive.

One question I had was around FE. I get 17-18kmpl on 70% highway - 30% city/hill runs, and am pretty ok with that. But when I see all the videos and online claims of 22-(hold your breath)26kmpl (!) - I am left wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if the car needs a good service or filter change. My highway speeds are usually 90-110 with bursts of 120 (I have to slow down even on empty roads because of that irritating continuous beep) and I stay in City mode most of the time, with a switch to the Sports mode here and there for a little fun.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20210426-08.01.11.jpg
zenx is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 05:59   #4508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
So I picked up a 12k kms used diesel XZA+ in good condition a year ago, and have added about 6000kms since. It drives like a beauty and the AMT is better than my expectations were from watching a bunch of videos online - no head jerks at all at least that I can perceive.

One question I had was around FE. I get 17-18kmpl on 70% highway - 30% city/hill runs, and am pretty ok with that. But when I see all the videos and online claims of 22-(hold your breath)26kmpl (!) - I am left wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if the car needs a good service or filter change.
Congrats on your Nexon, just get the air filter cleaned or changed, it's just 340, from mahale/purolator.
It's quite a healthy average for a diesel.

Last edited by Vinod_nair : 31st January 2022 at 06:00.
Vinod_nair is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 09:00   #4509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Congrats. Having a safe car is better than a fancy delivery experience. Cutting cakes, greeting customers with iPad and suites are just gimmicks in my humble opinion.
Well I disagree, a fancy experience will do well to compliment a great product. Nothing wrong in having such expectations when you spend more than a million rupees. It will only strengthen brand value.

Quote:

One question I had was around FE. I get 17-18kmpl on 70% highway - 30% city/hill runs, and am pretty ok with that.
Attachment 2266941
My Bs6 diesel gives me 18-19kmpl in the city (mumbai) where I'm covering 40kms in an hr. This is sparse traffic conditions. I've not driven much out of city post purchase but once on a Pune rountrip, I got 27kmpl while returning. It was night-time and I was driving at 80kmph and a lot of the route is downhill.

From my experience your average fuel efficiency could be better. Avoid frequent gear shifts, I know its an AMT but regular acceleration and braking yields low efficiency. Try not to idle much. And as @Vinod said, get your filter checked. Hope this helps.

Last edited by 400notout : 31st January 2022 at 09:05.
400notout is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 09:21   #4510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post

My Bs6 diesel gives me 18-19kmpl in the city (mumbai) where I'm covering 40kms in an hr. This is sparse traffic conditions. I've not driven much out of city post purchase but once on a Pune rountrip, I got 27kmpl while returning. It was night-time and I was driving at 80kmph and a lot of the route is downhill.

From my experience your average fuel efficiency could be better. Avoid frequent gear shifts, I know its an AMT but regular acceleration and braking yields low efficiency. Try not to idle much. And as @Vinod said, get your filter checked. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I do hear the BS6s are a little more efficient. My MID too reports 21+ easily - but it's way off
zenx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 12:04   #4511
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I do hear the BS6s are a little more efficient. My MID too reports 21+ easily - but it's way off
Actually if I remember right, the official ARAI figures of BS6 engines were marginally lower than BS4 ones. Aslo my MID is pretty accurate. I verify everything when I refuel. And also tally my distances with Google maps. I guess the earlier models of Tata had inaccurately optimistic readings.
Old 1st February 2022, 15:24   #4512
BHPian

Hi Guys, I changed my phone from Android to iOS (iPhone 12 mini) and since then have been struggling to get the Carplay work with the car. My variant is XZ+ 2020. In the iPhone Carplay detects the car as 'ConnectNext' but nothing happens. I tried all changes in settings including airplane mode toggle and reset, but in vain. Any pointers?
Before this I was using Android Auto with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and it worked well (albeit some lag).

I am suspecting the firmware needs to be updated in the car, though not sure.

Cheers.

Last edited by MotoNanu : 1st February 2022 at 15:25.
Old 1st February 2022, 23:20   #4513
Distinguished - BHPian

The Nexon CNG was caught on camera while coming out of a CNG-filling station in Pune by our friendly neighborhood AutoSpy.

Birdie from plant chirps that the launch of the same is expected very, very soon.

Name:  PHOTO20220128210132.jpg
Views: 1896
Size:  46.5 KB

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd February 2022 at 06:48. Reason: Watermark added
RavenAvi is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 23:41   #4514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Nexon CNG was caught on camera while coming out of a CNG-filling station in Pune by our friendly neighborhood AutoSpy.

Birdie from plant chirps that the launch of the same is expected very, very soon.

What a news and what a vehicle! So this should be the only car with Petrol, Diesel, CNG and EV fuel types.
Capricorn is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 02:25   #4515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn View Post
What a news and what a vehicle! So this should be the only car with Petrol, Diesel, CNG and EV fuel types.
Yes indeed. And that too with 5 star safety rating. Just amazing.

- PK
pk_del is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed