Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:43   #4366
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Frankly speaking i don't like automatic wipers. If the wind-shield is dirty and the wiper starts - it'll only damage the windscreen.

the wiper will start and if there's some dust on the wind shield (which will always be the case) - you'll end up with small scratches and in the long run - the screen is damaged enough to scatter incoming light all over the screen and i find that very uncomfortable on the highways at night.
Yeah, everything has its ups and downs.

From many years I have had this habit of cleaning the windshield before any drives. Whenever I notice that the windshield is dirty, I imagine a situation where I have to put on the wiper and how the dirt would damage the windshield, and then I would clean it. I don't know when I started doing it. Looks like I`ll have to look at the rear windshield too now. I had never thought about it and realized how useful rear wipers are until last night when I saw them in action. Frankly, I haven't even turned them on till now except for once when I was looking at how to turn them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
It's been there on the decade old Vista that I drive. I don't remember if it was available on the Indica and Marina.
I have seen it in action in a 21 years old Fiat uno 'S'. We had a Fiat Uno that time (without the wiper) and I remember someone saying that only Fiat has this. Maybe it was only that time.
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:48   #4367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post

From many years I have had this habit of cleaning the windshield before any drives. Whenever I notice that the windshield is dirty.
I have a habit of cleaning the wind-shield everyday before I start, even if I don't have time to clean the car I clean the wind-shield.

Those who wear glasses know the menaces of driving at night with a dirty windscreen.

I always stock some liquid dishwash and plenty of newspapers for cleaning up the glasses.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 23:14   #4368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
Yes, it is Petrol variant.
Congratulations on the Nexon AMT. I drive the same transmission in diesel. The manual mode is very helpful. Just load into M and lift your foot off the break pedal in the car will move without any gas. very helpful for climbing Steep sections of parking lots etc. Note: if the driver door is open (even slightly), this feature gets disabled in my car. Check yours to confirm.

The top variant gets the feature of turning ON fog lamps when the steering is turned at a particular angle whilst the headlamps are ON.

When the front wipers are ON and you slot into R, the reverse wipers turn ON. Very convenient like the europeans.

If you drive in eco mode in city , you may get double digit fuel economy. It should improve by 10,000 kms.

After driving for about 3-4k kms, ask Service center to check for stabilizer rod tightness. Mine had come loose probably due to some other issue but wont hurt to share the information to you.
TorqMaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 18:25   #4369

Hello, does the hill hold or hill start assist work as advertised in the new Nexon. I believe that earlier Nexon did have it, but is was more of a glorified creep and mostly a marketing gimmick

Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 12:28   #4370

Hi All,
Long time lurker and super excited on my first post here. Bought a petrol Nexon XM on 24th last month did two small DIYs within a week. For anyone interested, these are the details.
The first was a parcel tray from Boodmo as the XM doesn't have one. Very easy to install and doesn't require any tools.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-collage-1.jpg
The second was an armrest bought from Amazon. Again an easier one to install.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-collage-2.jpg
Regards,
Viswa
rampalliviswa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:31   #4371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampalliviswa View Post
The second was an armrest bought from Amazon. Again an easier one to install.
That is a really nice arm rest - appears more useful than the company fitted one - which is far behind and probably useful only to very tall drivers who drive with seats pushed far back.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2021 at 16:52. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please quote only relevant sections of posts. Thanks!
mihir_m13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 23:45   #4372
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Bought my Nexon home, on 14th October 2021. I intend to post a detailed report on my purchase post first service. For now I have a few questions for fellow owners, but first let me share the basic.

Car: Tata Nexon
Fuel: Diesel
Variant: XM-S
Color: Calgary white
Booking Date: 11th September.
PDI date: 12th October
Delivery date: 14th October
Dealer: Fortune Motors, Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
Cost: 11,70,00 (inclusive of 3 years extended warranty)
Accessories;
Alloys (39k)
Mudflaps
Front chrome garnish (insert "i'm stupid" emoji here)
Rear parcel tray

Discounts:
11780 Cash (rounding off)
Rubber Mats
Divinity

Sales experience: The Tata showroom is choc a bloc nowadays! Always crowded. On the day of my delivery they delivered 32 cars and had 42 cars lined up for the next day! Considering this, I am happy with the attention given by the Sales advisor. He was a senior sales guy in his mid or late 40s. He never explained the car to me and I never asked anything . He was prompt and sincere. Got the car delivered to me under a lot of pressure. During my enquiry days he never pushed me, and despite knowing i booked an Ecosport diesel, he gently offered me to check out the Nexon EV. He made the buying process very smooth. I would rate the purchase experience 9/10.

Delivery experience: Since I rushed him for a delivery on 14th, theres not much I can complain. However the dealership delivery area was near the service centre, it was undecorated and busy. Not a good area in my opinion. Forget exciting it was not even close to interesting.

Now I've driven over 700kms, my initial impressons are as follows.

Dislikes:

- Inconsistent fit and finish. Some places are too bad.
- Ride Quality between 20KPH and 60 KPH is unsettling.
- Skimping features, Adjustable Rear headrest, Rear wiper only on top variant. Even the IRVM deosn not have a day/night switch.

- Clutch is light and travel is acceptable.
- Fast yet fuel efficient, even in City mode!
- Excellent Harman Kardon system, 10/10!
- Steering is precise, Car is huge inside and compact outside.

A few picctures;

At the yard,

Tata Nexon : Official Review-yard_front.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-yard_rear.jpg

After delivery and accessories,

Tata Nexon : Official Review-showroom_front.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-showroom_rear.jpg

I'm still getting used to driving a diesel that too a six speed one. Coming from a Chevy Spark I am used to being in 5th gear by 50KMPH. Here as per the MID the 5th gear should be engaged post 65 KMPH.

Any advise from fellow bhpians on driving a six speed will be welcome.

Another issue I'm facing is that the seat back is a bit too soft for my liking. I have developed a lower back ache ever since I have been driving the car. Has anyone else faced this issue? Now I dont know whether this is because of the seating position or the seat firmness. Any advice on this will be highly appreciated. For now I'm thinking of buying wooden beads, not sure if it would help though.
400notout is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 17:00   #4373
BHPian

Dear All,

I Have booked a nexon variant in the month of july and was told that there would be a price protection on the booking as per TATA policy.

I have not been allocated the vehicle till now even the PO was raised to them in the first week of october. But, now i have been told that tata has kept price protection till 30th Sep only. So, any delivery after that will be at new prices.

Please let me know if somebody else has also come across this kind of scenario where at the time your were told that its only tata which honors customer commitment and provides price protection and later on takes that away silently when it knows that the vehicle would be allocated to you after 3 months or so.

Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 19:07   #4374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
This mileage figure would definitely go up after you add another 1000 km in the odometer.
Thank you for the insight. I am currently running 1900 kms + on the odo. I always drive in the city mode.
Post my last update, I did another trip to Digha in the Nexon. As you would be fairly aware of, the roads to Digha are in brilliant conditions. A tank to tank returned 12.72 kmpl to be exact with AC on constantly.
For the upcoming Diwali week I would be heading towards Jhargram, and what I have understood, that the roads to Jhargram are also in very good condition. So in essence I will be putting on another 400-700 odd kms to the odo once I return (including my regular run). Will update once I get back.
Just awaiting to let the mileage settle down to some respectable figures so that I don't have to keep worrying about fuel prices...given the rise of the same at present.

One more query I have is regards to the AMC packages. The service advisor has spoken to me about extended warranty which I would be doing very soon.
No news yet about AMC. So my query would be that should I go ahead for an AMC?
For the record, my Nexon is petrol and my monthly running is at an average of 1000kms.
drritwik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 19:19   #4375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampalliviswa View Post
The second was an armrest bought from
So I have a query on this please. I have seen that armrest and had contemplated installing it. But does it not take away, at least partly, the practicality of the cubby holes there?
Old 26th October 2021, 19:28   #4376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron View Post
Dear All,

Please let me know if somebody else has also come across this kind of scenario
Thanks
Hi neutron, so I have also recently purchased the Nexon in the month of September. I had booked at the end of July.
So I am not sure of the communication which the dealer had with you. But, it is a fact that the price protection was for vehicles which would be invoiced initially till the end of August as per TATA communication at that point, as I had had the liberty of having a look at that communication.
Yes, I do not know whether the deadline was later extended.
It does feel let down with the prices of all manufacturers increasing steadily and at the end of the day the consumers bear the brunt of it all. But in such a scenario, the dealer should have proactively informed you of the same.
drritwik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 19:42   #4377

Quote:
Originally Posted by drritwik View Post
So I have a query on this please. I have seen that armrest and had contemplated installing it. But does it not take away, at least partly, the practicality of the cubby holes there?
Ya it totally covers all the cubby holes but i usually put small change, house keys, masks etc in there and never felt it as an an issue. But I have to say that its very comfortable to drive after installing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
That is a really nice arm rest - appears more useful than the company fitted one - which is far behind and probably useful only to very tall drivers who drive with seats pushed far back.
So true. The original one can be fitted into the XM but its too high and too behind. This costs about 1/5th of the original one.
Regards,
Viswa
Old 26th October 2021, 20:34   #4378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drritwik View Post
Yes, I do not know whether the deadline was later extended.
It does feel let down with the prices of all manufacturers increasing steadily and at the end of the day the consumers bear the brunt of it all. But in such a scenario, the dealer should have proactively informed you of the same.
Thank you drritwik. what was frustrating for me that while i was processing the purchase order, dealership (sagar motors, patparganj, delhi) was sleeping and even when the PO was sent to them in first week of october, they didn't come back saying that price is hiked on your vehicle. And yesterday, when they messaged me, it started with the statement that you were not reachable, therefore this information is delayed. What a joke?

From customer perspective, its seems even bad when you were shown the hope of getting a price protection, which is then taken away. I also remember when this price hike news came, there was a mention of august end timeline. I tried to clarify on this with Tata territory sales manager on whatsapp, he said you will get price protection and on august end part there was no response. So, i checked with the dealership to clarify the same, and it was told to me since the vehicle is not allocated to you and the delay in allotment if any is from the company, not on your part, you will get it on the older prices which you have booked. As a first time buyer, this is the maximum effort i could make to clarify it both from tata and dealership and trusted it

From tata perspective, going a middle path is even more confusing to customers as initially price protection was till august(as published in news), then it became september end....what is this TATA? With the kind of customer support, tata is making it a nightmare for the customer to purchase a vehicle from them.
Old 27th October 2021, 07:52   #4379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron View Post
Please let me know if somebody else has also come across this kind of scenario
Thanks
During my waiting period of six months, Tata had increased the prices twice. When I got the vehicle alloted, I was informed that I will be given price protection for the latest price and not the price of my booking.

This felt idiotic that Tata claims in press that the older price will be applicable for customers who have booked till X date, but finally what happens is they give this for 1-2 months and stop after Y date. Ideally this should have been based on booking date, unless there is a delay in taking the car from Customer end.
I didn't fight this as I had to do enough escalations to just get the car delivered and didn't want this to become another blocker. I wanted the car urgently and any delays was at the risk of me canceling this and buying some other readily available car.

However this seems like a standard practice and Tata is giving at least 1-2 months of protection. The issue is now getting prevalent due to long waiting times and frequent price hikes. There has been 4 price hikes in the past one year, if my memory serves right.
gearless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 11:40   #4380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
This felt idiotic that Tata claims in press that the older price will be applicable for customers who have booked till X date, but finally what happens is they give this for 1-2 months and stop after Y date. Ideally this should have been based on booking date, unless there is a delay in taking the car from Customer end.
Yes, that's the way it should be if you are trying to show off that you are the Only ones in the industry giving price protection than it should be based on booking date price or unless there is a delay from customer end.

But, Tata and its dealerships have taken a mischievous way, where before booking they are saying to customer that you will get price protection but later on when the customer was expecting to get the car, is updated by dealership " Sir, we do not know about your car, but your price protection is gone now, and you have to pay new prices, whenever it comes" as a hard one

i hope tata is listening to this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks