Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2021, 16:11   #4231
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilkm View Post
Hi Karthik,

Congratulations to you too! What is the delivery timeline committed? I have booked Nexon petrol in April with a waiting period of 13 to 17 weeks. Still waiting. Got the sales order number from dealer in the receipt and hope that is the booking id number.
Thank you, actually it was for my close friend.

BTW, in which dealership you booked it? Asking this because the waiting period is too long for a Nexon. For us, SA confirmed that he can deliver within 15 to 20 days max.

We booked at KHT domlur just because for their prompt response which was very good compared to others, even though its a good 20 kms far from our home.

Ours is Nexon ZX plus S single tone Diesel variant.

Last edited by Karthik.thm : 27th August 2021 at 16:12.
Old 28th August 2021, 12:02   #4232
BHPian

Booked Nexon XZA+(S) Petrol from Kropex Auto, sarjapur road.
During April-May booking the waiting period was more and SA told that new vehicles started coming in July.
Old 28th August 2021, 14:53   #4233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilkm View Post
Booked Nexon XZA+(S) Petrol from Kropex Auto, sarjapur road.
During April-May booking the waiting period was more and SA told that new vehicles started coming in July.
Congratulations on your booking, how much are they quoting for on-road and what is the expected wait time ? It will be great if you can share the quotation.
Old 28th August 2021, 18:57   #4234

I have been a passive reader on this forum for many days now and I have finally received membership.

After reading this Nexon thread completely, made up my mind choose choose Nexon as my first car and finally booked a Nexon ST Petrol XZ+(O). Booked the Car in Chennai on Aug 4 and the vehicle has reached the dealers yard today. Planning to do the PDI on Monday with the Team BHP checklist and post which, will complete the payment for RTO formalities.

I have one question on the recent Madras high court Judgement about Insurance for OD. Link given below.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/85670104.cms
https://www.livelaw.in/news-updates/...surance-180371

I currently have a quote for Rs.31k with 1 OD+ 3 TP from Royal Sundaram with the add-ons: Zero Depreciation Unlimited Claims in Zero Dep + Consumables cover + Key Replacement + Windshield Protector + Tyre Cover +Engine Protector + RSA

With the car going for registration after September 1, I am not sure how this new judgement is likely to affect the registration.
karthik1996 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 09:26   #4235
BHPian

Good morning brothers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik1996 View Post
After reading this Nexon thread completely, made up my mind choose choose Nexon as my first car and finally booked a Nexon ST Petrol XZ+(O). Booked the Car in Chennai on Aug 4 and the vehicle has reached the dealers yard today. Planning to do the PDI on Monday with the Team BHP checklist and post which, will complete the payment for RTO formalities.
Many many congratulations Karthik. Feels good to know, when someone gets the delivery of their car in a short span of time. I booked it on the 7th of August with a request that if I may get the delivery on 10th /19th September.

Sadly, I had to cancel it yesterday as the finance person from the dealership told me that Nexon petrol has a waiting of 12 weeks and the sales executive was also not able to give me any tentative date.
theguardian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 12:11   #4236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguardian View Post
Good morning brothers,

Sadly, I had to cancel it yesterday as the finance person from the dealership told me that Nexon petrol has a waiting of 12 weeks and the sales executive was also not able to give me any tentative date.
I have been waiting for my Nexon delivery still even though I booked on March end. If you want the car by Sep mid and if it is not negotiable, then you did the right decision by canceling.
Though I am not in a hurry to get the car, I am losing out on patience and the anxiety is too much to handle. I have decided that I will wait till Sep mid and if it doesn't get alloted by then, will settle for some other car and cancel this.
Old 29th August 2021, 20:09   #4237

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguardian View Post
Good morning brothers,

Many many congratulations Karthik. Feels good to know, when someone gets the delivery of their car in a short span of time. I booked it on the 7th of August with a request that if I may get the delivery on 10th /19th September.

Thank you. This being my first car, I am pretty anxious about getting it sooner than later. Had to follow up a bit with SA but for the most part was always prompt with the responses. During booking I was given a 8-10 week waiting period but the car was allotted in 18 days. Checked the VIN details and found that the car to be Aug 2021 Manufactured.

Also are there any good places in Chennai where I can get the dash cam fitted? I am looking to use a fuse tap to connect it to a port which is active only when the ignition is on. Any recommendations from members in Chennai?
Old 30th August 2021, 14:54   #4238
BHPian

Hello all,

I wanted to share an update. I received a call from Wasan TATA today saying that Nexon XZ (P) has been allocated to me. This was quite surprising given that I was told there is a waiting period of 12 weeks in Mumbai (I had booked on 23 July). So, in all, I was allocated a vehicle in 6 weeks of booking. Hoping to complete payment-related formalities soon this week, so that the car may be delivered in the auspicious festival of Ganapati next week.

Thanks
Mark 5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 22:46   #4239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Last week I had taken our Nexon XM (P) for the second scheduled service. I went to the same service center where I had gone for the first service. This is a small service center, Rudra Tata Motors, closer to our home. Thanks to the Covid second wave, the Nexon has clocked only around 2000 km in last 5 months. Out of which ~1200 km was through two long drives. We enjoyed every bit of it.

This time, however, I had noted down couple of issues to report. The SA took an almost 10 km long drive together with me as I told him about those issues:

(1) One of the rear seat folding locks was not engaging fully. This was resolved rather quickly after they adjusted the latch position.

(2) Occasionally, I felt it to be difficult to take the gear-lever out from the reverse to the neutral. It turned out that the spongy mat that I had put, was occasionally fouling with clutch pedal and it couldn't be pressed completely.
Great to find someone from my home state. I am also thinking of going for a nexon. My run will not be more than 400kms a month. Was initially thinking of the diesel version. But later I am doubting my choice. Do you think a petrol would be the better choice?
HONESTabdul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 11:30   #4240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Great to find someone from my home state. I am also thinking of going for a nexon. My run will not be more than 400kms a month. Was initially thinking of the diesel version. But later I am doubting my choice. Do you think a petrol would be the better choice?
Hi, given your usage of ~5,000 km per year, a petrol car is a sensible choice even though petrol prices are >100 Rs./L. If your usage increases, you can retrofit a CNG kit later.
Mark 5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 19:44   #4241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 5 View Post
Hi, given your usage of ~5,000 km per year, a petrol car is a sensible choice even though petrol prices are >100 Rs./L. If your usage increases, you can retrofit a CNG kit later.
My thoughts exactly. Pottering about in the city with the diesel will invite DPF issues and the difference in mileage will be 3 to 4kms per litre. Also there is no XZ in diesel. So XZ+ in diesel will command a premium of at least 2.4 lakhs over XZpetrol. There is no way I can recover the amount with my kind of running before 7 years
Old 31st August 2021, 22:36   #4242
BHPian

Quote:
I too suggest, you go for a petrol Nexon, given your planned usage of around ~5000 km in a year. You can get a decent mileage even from a turbo petrol engine, if you are a light-footed driver. In the 6th gear, you can cruise at ~100 kmph in a Nexon (P), with less than ~2000 rpm.

Best wishes,
gmhossain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 11:35   #4243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you are thinking about diesel purely from a fuel efficiency perspective - then don't go for it. For your running - petrol is more than enough. In fact - I'd say for such a low running - why not opt for the Nexon / Tigor EV instead? These can be far better options for you - if your place can accomodate the charging point somewhere in the parking.

If mileage is not the only reason - diesel has other pros over petrol as well. Those are the reasons for which I stick with diesel even if my running might not warrant it. For example very high torque and pulling power for ghat regions, lower RPM running helping in longer life of components, much lower operating temperatures of the engine, helping in longer life of the components in engine-bay (very marginal real impact I agree), jerk free crawls and in-city drives in mid-gears without having to shift often etc.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 19:38   #4244
BHPian

Hi,

Today, I noticed something strange happening with my Nexon XM (P).
It was raining heavily here. As I engaged reverse to drive out, the parking sensors went absolutely mad, as if I was just about to hit something. I checked, nothing. This happened a few more times too.
Is it possible that due to the heavy rain, the parking sensor gets a bit confused?
Any one else had any issues like this?

Cheers!
Old 1st September 2021, 20:57   #4245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicCharcoal View Post
I a bit surprised with 11 KMPL on highway. Is that expected, because its a new car? Or that's normal for nexon?
I believe that it was because of the AMT. A manual would have easily turned up figures like 16 to 19 kmpl. The AMT shifts up really late. IMHO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks