Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2021, 09:46   #4186
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
You have only booked the car just now. Its not even allotted. You can very much negotiate on the insurance to the way you want it. You can even ask them to drop it altogether and get it done from outside yourself. Nothing is binding on you right now. Good luck.
Thank you for the advice. I will re-negotiate on the insurance at the time of payment and see if they agree, else will purchase it from outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Hi,

Update on this!

Today me and my wife, we went and carried out the PDI of our Nexon...

Attachment 2184519
Congratulations, NovemberKing_91. Wishing you many happy miles with your new acquisition!

I have been given an estimated waiting period of 12 weeks (as mentioned on the order form). Hoping to receive the delivery soon!

Last edited by Mark 5 : 28th July 2021 at 09:50.
Mark 5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 11:17   #4187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Congrats on your new car!! Hope you have a great many years with it!
====[*] Did you get any discount? Did you take the insurance through the dealer or from outside? Any handling charges?[/list]
Hello sir,

I'll try to answer the questions as nicely as possible. Here goes!

1. Yes, this shall be our first car. My father had a Santro and now he drives a Chevvy Beat.

2. The criteria were safety, comfort and ground clearance. Turbocharger would be an advantage. And the maximum on road price ₹9,00,000. Nexon satisfied these criteria. Since we were not looking for automatic or one with sunroof and such, the XM model was fine. Sure, it misses out on the infotainment system, rear washer and defogger, fog lights, rear camera, adjustable seat height, rear adjustable headrests, arm rests, cooled glovebox, automatic climate control, cruise control, etc. ; we weighed it against "do we really need these? " and these features did not justify going above our budget. So, Nexon XM it was.

3. Nexon was not the first car of choice. It was the Ford Freestyle Titanium +. That ticked all the boxes, was in the price range and Ford's after sales services are said to be quite good.

We were a week away from booking the car, when the rumour that Ford may leave the country soon came up. That convinced my wife to go (very strongly) Vocal for local. So, the search began again.

Altroz was an option, but unless the iTurbo engine is opted, it is not very powerful. Also, none of the cars had Traction Control and ESP, which were available in Freestyle. The Hyundai-Kia group was ignored because of lack of steering feedback. Maruti ignored because of safety ratings (lack of). Renault - Nissan was not considered since they do not have an extensive service chain across the country. VW Polo was considered and seriously loved. But then, Nexon simply is a bigger car.

4. I would not be having a lot of daily driving, hence did not consider Diesel. The price of fuel has almost become similar and the difference is offset by the service charges. This was my rationale for choosing the Petrol variant.

5. Sales experience was quite nice. The SE was enthusiastic about the car, the test drive and about the after sales experience. She was forthcoming about the issues faced with the sunroof and the fact that even though TATA has improved a lot, there are still miles to go.

We took two test drives. About 10-15 kms each. Around an hour total, city plus highway. The SE took us to the stock yard to get a better idea of the colour options first hand since we were a little confused between the Daytona Grey and Foliage Green colour.

6. For discounts, we had gone in with quotes from policybazaar about the insurance. So, from a quoted price of about ₹47k, it came down to ₹27k. This included the engine cover, zero dep, consumables and key replacement.

We took the insurance from the dealer itself, he mentioned about some all India tie ups, have to check with the actual insurance documents though. Also, we did not take the extended warranty immediately, nor the accessories pack. All of this brought down the price considerably. Then negotiated to have the mudflaps and floor mats being put, without any extra cost to us. The quoted price of RTO was also about ₹6k more than actual. Pointed it out, got that reduced too.

A realization here, when going in to negotiate the price, if we have the data printed out or even in an excel sheet on the phone, which we can point and refer to against them doing the same to their quotations, they get much agreeable to the prices we want. From the next year, I'll probably renew the insurance on my own rather than going via the dealer. No handling charges.

It has been a very long post of replies, but I hope I was able to do justice to the questions and be of help. Please do let me know if there are more questions with which I may be able to help.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th July 2021 at 21:08. Reason: Spacing
NovemberKing_91 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 12:46   #4188
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quite astonished, honestly, that the car was available in less than 7 days since booking. What was more stunning was the Odo reading of Zero kms. Trip A and Trip B shows 0.4 kms.
Wow! Seems like Tata really is prioritizing Gujarat deliveries.

Nice and crisp break-up of cost provided by you. Meets your 8Lac OTR criteria to the T. You should seriously get the Extended warranty, if nothing else.
Tgo is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 17:50   #4189
BHPian

TATA Motors hikes prices of passenger vehicles. Details to be available from next week. (Source: Mint) Please visit this link for more details: https://www.livemint.com/companies/n...456214965.html

My Nexon is estimated to be delivered in 8-10 weeks. Hope there is no more price increase until then!

@ Mods: Please merge this post in an appropriate thread if required.

Last edited by Mark 5 : 28th July 2021 at 17:54.
Mark 5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 22:24   #4190
BHPian

To the owners on this thread, how would you rate the ASS for Tata Nexon.

Enough has been said about Tata ASS being a "hit or miss". 4 years have passed since Nexon first came to the streets. What has been owners' experience so far? Has the car been niggle free? Has the ASS been satisfactory?

To prospective Nexon buyers like myself, what's your feedback?
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 22:26   #4191

Just "completed" my second free service with Kumaran Automobiles, Nagercoil. I didn't try this service centre for my first service 'cause they are at the verge of closure, with sales already ceased. They reached out to me about my second service and I thought, "why not?"

Took an appointment 2 weeks ago for a 10 am slot today (28-07) on TMSC app. They confirmed my appointment yesterday. I drive in with the car at 10:15 am. Since my previous experience waiting in the lounge at Derik, Trivandrum was great, I opted to do the same here as well. They took the car inside the workshop only after an hour and a half. I was monitoring the TMSC app for a job card, but I didn't see one. All the mechanics go for a break at 1 pm and I went outside for lunch and returned at 2.

Now I can see a mechanic working on the car. I check TMSC again, but nothing. It's around 3 now and the car is finally out of the workshop. I check the app; I see the job card closed and the car ready for delivery. But, alas, the car is yet to be cleaned and washed. I wait and wait and wait. It's 6 o'clock now. The service advisor slowly walks to me and says, "There are too many cars waiting to be washed. Either leave your car here or get it washed and cleaned on another date." I was at my wits' end and opted to get the hell out of there. On the way out I say to the SA, "I will file a complaint." SA replies, "Ok. Do what you want. They (TaMo) know we handled a lot of cars today."

Credit where it's due though – tea was served twice and it was really good. The lady that served them was also very polite and courteous.

TL; DR: Avoid Kumaran Tata, Nagercoil and the showrooms/service centres in their group. I knew they were about to close up shop, but I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. Don't be like me. If you find a good SA/service centre, stick with them.
uyscuti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 11:38   #4192
BHPian

I have completed close to 5K in 5 months on a NEXON XZA+ Petrol. Did not have any major issues so far except for some rattling from the front passenger side door. Though it was fixed during the first service, it cropped up again in couple of months and it happens the moment you drive over bad roads. Rattling became so bad even on a highway and the sound was persistent for around 50kms. It has kind of settled down but am sure it's about to return back. Have to get it properly checked and get it fixed during my second service which is due in a month.

Weird thing happened three weeks back. When I tried to start the car in the morning, there was a long beep sound and the infotainment system and the MID flickered. As soon as it stopped, I pressed the push start button and it did not get started. There was just a cranking sound and it happened for three times. I gave some time and then it started. I checked with the service engineer later in the day and he suspected it to be some battery issue. Till that day, I never faced any issue with the battery. I was also hoping that it could be the battery as my horn sound weak from the very beginning.

Fast forward three weeks and yesterday another weird thing happened. Headlight got switched on all by itself and it was on even after I turned off the engine. Once again, I reached out to the same SE and based on his suggestion I disconnected the battery (-ve) terminal as I had some meetings and I could go only in the late afternoon. I was hoping that everything would work when I connect the batter again. Nope, it did not work. So, I took the car to service centre and upon checking, it is the relay that went kaput. I got that fixed with a used relay as they did not have any stock readily available. I also used this opportunity to change the horn relay as well (of course a used one). Both of them worked fine and I was asked to get a spare 4 pin relays from the local shop and he said it is absolutely fine. I feel that the horn is much better now.

Questions to the experts
1. What could be the reason for the relay failure so soon? Could there be any issue in the battery or it's just the bad relay? Is it normal?
2. Is it okay to buy a 4 pin relay from local shop and use it? Will it affect warranty and will it be reliable? My fear is that it should not create any further issues

Funny Part:
After finishing my meetings, I was prepared to open the bonnet to reconnect the battery terminal. Well, the doors were all locked and how do I open the bonnet? I knew that it can be opened with the physical key. So I gave it a try couple of times and it did not open. That's when I was getting to panic. I couldn't think of the ordeal of calling the customer care and getting things done. I reached out to the same guy and I was told that we will not be able to open the door using the physical with just bare hands /fingers as it would be tight and we need a cutting plier or other tool to have a strong grip. I did that and it worked well to open the door. What if this happens on a long drive or in a remote place? Where would we go for the tools unless you carry one in your pocket all the time?
NvrGivUp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 14:37   #4193
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Update on this!

Today me and my wife, we went and carried out the PDI of our Nexon.

Quite astonished, honestly, that the car was available in less than 7 days since booking. What was more stunning was the Odo reading of Zero kms. Trip A and Trip B shows 0.4 kms.

Anyway, a quick VIN decoding check revealed the car is made in June 2021, so all good there.

The car still needs a thorough cleaning, more on the inside rather than the outside. The sales executive said that the dealership testing and inspection is still pending, the Odo reading shall go up a few kms.

The TBHP PDI checklist came in quite handy and the executive was quite happy at how thorough the list was.

With all the payments done, all that remains is taking the delivery of the car, which we have scheduled for this Saturday. Quite excited and looking forward to it

Attached is the final price breakup that I have paid for the 2021 Tata Nexon XM Petrol, Grey in colour.

Attachment 2184519
Hello all,

Update on the update!

The insurance papers arrived, prior to the actual delivery though. It was pleasantly surprising since the TATA guys had been hard selling on a 1 year OD + 2 year TP insurance, but in the actual documents it is rather 1 year OD + 3 years TP insurance for the quoted premium. The add ons are Zero Dep, Engine Protector and Key replacement.
I was a bit unhappy at the insurance being only 2 years earlier, but now, I can live with this
The insurance is underwritten by Bajaj Allianz while Tata Motors Insurance is the broker.
More updates to arrive post delivery of the car.

Cheers!!
Old 31st July 2021, 23:08   #4194
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Update on the update!

The insurance papers arrived, prior to the actual delivery though. It was pleasantly surprising since the TATA guys had been hard selling on a 1 year OD + 2 year TP insurance, but in the actual documents it is rather 1 year OD + 3 years TP insurance for the quoted premium. The add ons are Zero Dep, Engine Protector and Key replacement.
I was a bit unhappy at the insurance being only 2 years earlier, but now, I can live with this
The insurance is underwritten by Bajaj Allianz while Tata Motors Insurance is the broker.
More updates to arrive post delivery of the car.

Cheers!!
Update!

Took the delivery of the car today afternoon. The mats were in place and the mudflaps attached. Wife did a quick puja of the car and we were off to the petrol pump since the fuel gauge was blinking and the prompt to refuel the car was coming up.
At the petrol pump, I asked for a full tank, and strangely, the spout stopped at 35lts. So, either the tank capacity is not 44 lts, rather less. Or, the reserve fuel in the car was almost 9 lts. Some insight in this please, someone!
Then we went for a drive through the city to pay the municipal tax. That took us through some tight turns and the vehicle felt nice. Also took a long-ish drive to ascertain if my model has a left drifting tendency, none noticed as of now. Then we came back home and honestly, am quite happy with the car.
Overall, the delivery was smooth and efficient. They missed out on sticking the temporary number on the car though, so that's pending. Otherwise, no issues at all.
Finally, first car, in the bag!

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210731-17.11.25.jpeg
NovemberKing_91 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 23:13   #4195
BHPian

Dear All,

I have a naive question with respect to company discount and dealer end discount.

How are these treated in case vehicle delivery is after 1-2 months? As the company offer changes every month, is the company discount applied from the month of booking or from the month in which the car is delivered.

And what about the dealer end discount, I hope if it's given in written then it should be honoured irrespective of the month of delivery.

Although, this question is un-related to Nexon thread but I am posting it here as as Nexon/Tiago is one of my favourite contender.

Thank you
Old 1st August 2021, 08:22   #4196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron View Post
Dear All,

I have a naive question with respect to company discount and dealer end discount.

How are these treated in case vehicle delivery is after 1-2 months? As the company offer changes every month, is the company discount applied from the month of booking or from the month in which the car is delivered.

And what about the dealer end discount, I hope if it's given in written then it should be honoured irrespective of the month of delivery.

Although, this question is un-related to Nexon thread but I am posting it here as as Nexon/Tiago is one of my favourite contender.

Thank you
Hi,

While you are booking your car, you should be getting a quotation of sorts, against which you ll pay the booking amount. So, ideally, that locks in the price. The discounts and offers at the time of the booking are taken into consideration and the final figure is arrived at. The cost breakup is appropriately done later on the dealers end, but the ex showroom price and the final price does not change. The dealers have quite a lot of flexibility in the prices of the accessories and insurance.
Generally, prices increase over time, so this is good. But, in case price comes down by quite a bit, I would suggest a renegotiation. Possibly, the dealer would agree to some negotiation in light of reduced prices. In the worst case where the dealer is adamant about the price, you can simply cancel the car and retrieve the booking amount. But then, you must weigh in what is more important, to have the car delivered at the earlier higher price, or a waiting period again with a lower price.

Am attaching the screenshot of the booking slip and the final breakup of price at the dealer's end for an easy reference.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210801-08.10.49.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-cost-breakup.jpg
NovemberKing_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 08:49   #4197
BHPian

I wanted to check with the group about wiper blades for the XZ+ model. Which is the best open market option available and is it a DIY job?

My car's blades are due for replacement and I forgot to get it done in the last service.
Old 2nd August 2021, 18:51   #4198
BHPian

Dear NovemberKing,

Thank you for the feedback. I checked with the dealer and here is what dealer has told me about the same:

1) Company offer- this is declared by the company every month. So, if for the current month you have a discount of say 5k and you book this month, then on the booking form, they will show a discount of 5k. Now, if the delivery happens in the next month, where the discount changes to 10k or it is removed, then it will get applied accordingly.

2) dealer discount - if given by the dealer, the amount mentioned in the booking form will be included irrespective on the date/month of delivery.

Other members, please correct me for any difference in actual experience.
neutron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 10:20   #4199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrGivUp View Post

Questions to the experts
1. What could be the reason for the relay failure so soon? Could there be any issue in the battery or it's just the bad relay? Is it normal?
2. Is it okay to buy a 4 pin relay from local shop and use it? Will it affect warranty and will it be reliable? My fear is that it should not create any further issues
I had these questions in my previous post. Any thoughts on this?
NvrGivUp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 11:13   #4200

Booked my White Diesel Nexon XZA+O on Jul 14, 2021 and got the delivery on Jul 31, 2021. Haven't been able to drive it due to busy schedule but am planning to go for a short road trip on Aug 14 weekend. Any suggestions for a Group 0 ISOFIX child seat (for a newborn baby) would be welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks