Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2021, 15:26   #4126
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

From yesterday, my Nexon's driver side seat belt has decided to malfunction. I was out on a errand, and when I tried to pull on the seat belt to buckle it, the belt refused to come out. This has been the case since then. There is a 'tuk' sound when I pull on it. Any thoughts on what happened to it ?
Old 5th July 2021, 15:44   #4127
BHPian

After waiting for 6 months, Nexon (XZA plus (s)) was allocated to me last week. The dealer is saying that the vehicle will be delivered with in two weeks. Now there is a news going around in different sites claiming that XZA plus variant comes with two fob keys. I confirmed the same with my dealer and he is insisting that it is not true and the variant comes only one fob and a band. I asked him to confirm it once and get back to me. He's also insisting that he hasnt given two FOB to any of the AMT variants for the past two years or so.

What should I do if he is only giving 1 FOB key?
Old 5th July 2021, 17:22   #4128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewspaul View Post
From yesterday, my Nexon's driver side seat belt has decided to malfunction. I was out on a errand, and when I tried to pull on the seat belt to buckle it, the belt refused to come out. This has been the case since then. There is a 'tuk' sound when I pull on it. Any thoughts on what happened to it ?
On a level surface, try to push the belt back into the reel in the bottom and then slowly try to pull it out.
Old 5th July 2021, 17:36   #4129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post

I guess I need to be a little more confident before deciding. Maybe I get used to managing the petrol.
I've been owning a XZA+ for close to 5 months and city mileage varies accordingly to the traffic and driving style. 10-12 KMPl is the max you can expect from the AMT in city traffic (Chennai). It will be worse for Delhi/Bengaluru / Mumbai traffic. On highways I've been getting 17-18 KMPL not exceeding 120 kmph. I had a similar confusion / hesitation in choosing Petrol. As per my calculations (ofcourse referring to TBHP inputs), you will reach break-even only around 120k Kms considering the service/insurance/advance premium of Diesel vehicle/interest, etc..(Worst case scenario)It will take me around 8-9 years to hit 120 K and hence took the decision to go for Petrol.
NvrGivUp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 19:58   #4130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyD View Post
I own a Aug 2020 BS6 Nexon petrol XZ+. Today I got a call from a Tata service center in Pune asking me to bring my car for a software update. An appointment has been booked for tomorrow morning and I'm told it would take 3-4 hours.

Has anyone here got the update for their car? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks
Sameer
So for the appointment I drove from Mumbai to Pune and reached Pune around midnight on Friday night.
Visited the aundh service center on Saturday morning. They informed me that 3 updates are pending for my car. However they could install only 1 update as for other updates they need dealer level access. They didn't have the access as it was a Saturday. They asked me if I could keep the vehicle with them till Monday. Since it was not possible I decided to get the other 2 updates during my 1 year service. Had a flight to catch from Mumbai on Sunday evening. So car is back in Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Given its an Aug'20 car - I'd presume your 1 year service is now just a month ahead. I would suggest you don't visit now, but get the software update done as part of your service visit. Its better to minimize extra public contact still in our city given the state of the pandemic wherever possible. 1 visit definitely better than 2 visits.
Hey thanks for your reply. My job involves lot of traveling and public contact. Have clocked 13k Kms since Aug 2020 in my Nexon and 8k Kms since June 2020 on my bike. (Not counting air travel) So I'm less fearful of the pandemic and don't generally restrict my schedule/movement because of it.
samyD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 23:50   #4131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconfusedguy View Post
Now there is a news going around in different sites claiming that XZA plus variant comes with two fob keys. I confirmed the same with my dealer and he is insisting that it is not true and the variant comes only one fob and a band. I asked him to confirm it once and get back to me. He's also insisting that he hasnt given two FOB to any of the AMT variants for the past two years or so.

What should I do if he is only giving 1 FOB key?
He is bluffing.
All vehicles come with 2 (or even 3 Keys/Fobs). However, due to reasons unknown (possibly chip/semiconductor shortage), for the recent few weeks, all Tata cars, even Harrier and Safari are coming with 1 Key/Fob.
The second is being promised a few weeks later, sometimes during first service. Whether it is actually getting delivered at the promised hour is something I will leave other users to confirm (those who have had first hand experience).
SchrödingersCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 10:10   #4132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrödingersCar View Post
He is bluffing.
All vehicles come with 2 (or even 3 Keys/Fobs). However, due to reasons unknown (possibly chip/semiconductor shortage), for the recent few weeks, all Tata cars, even Harrier and Safari are coming with 1 Key/Fob.
The second is being promised a few weeks later, sometimes during first service. Whether it is actually getting delivered at the promised hour is something I will leave other users to confirm (those who have had first hand experience).
The SA isn't even promising me with a second fob in the first service. He is saying for that past two years he has only given one fob for auto variants. It is really frustrating. I don't want to argue bc I still haven't got my vehicle. I asked him to check with his people and let me know. The whole before sales experience has been poor.
Old 6th July 2021, 21:24   #4133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconfusedguy View Post
The SA isn't even promising me with a second fob in the first service. He is saying for that past two years he has only given one fob for auto variants. It is really frustrating. I don't want to argue bc I still haven't got my vehicle. I asked him to check with his people and let me know. The whole before sales experience has been poor.
I checked with couple of my friends who have taken delivery of Nexon in the past 5-6 months and neither got the second fob. Only peps + one fob.
I have given them the news article that is in circulation and have asked them to reach out to Tata. I am sure they won't get any positive response as it has been few months now. However whoever is yet to take delivery can push the dealer and get this. Is there no written list of the items which will be delivered along with the car, like the list of charger and cable when you buy a mobile?
Old 7th July 2021, 11:56   #4134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
Is there no written list of the items which will be delivered along with the car, like the list of charger and cable when you buy a mobile?
I have been searching for the same. But it's not available in TATA motors website. If anyone could share it, it will be very useful.
Old 8th July 2021, 10:17   #4135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
I checked with couple of my friends who have taken delivery of Nexon in the past 5-6 months and neither got the second fob. Only peps + one fob.
I have bought the Nexon XZA+ couple of years back, that time it was one Fob, One watch like Fob and one manual key.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 13:21   #4136
BHPian

I am facing a problem with my registration now. The SA had send me the form 20 & form of owner details. The insurance policy number isn't matching with the one in my form 20. I took my insurance outside because it was cheaper. I had shared the same with my SA.

I spoke with my SA and he said he will look in to it.

What should I do now? I should wait till it get rectified now, right?

I hope this wont delay the delivery further (already been 7 months)
Old 13th July 2021, 12:10   #4137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
I think with your daily running pattern a diesel is more suitable. Maybe the mid XM may come within your budget. Another is if you wish to consider other makes such as the Ford EcoSport diesel which is also a very competent vehicle.
Guess what? I ended up booking the Ecosport diesel Titanium.

For the Nexon I had decided to go for the manual considering the AMT was not worth the 90k premium over the manual. But the showroom has no diesel test drive cars. They let me checkout a stationary customer car. A diesel XMA, the moment I cranked the engine I was welcomed by quite a bit of clatter. I was surprised it was this unrefined. But maybe it was due to it being a cold start. Anyway couldn't drive to decide. Both Kia and Ford offered diesel test drives. The showroom guys said since diesel sales were low they couldn't afford to spend to buy a diesel TD car, they would rather by additional petrol TD cars given the demand.

However they have said there are few diesels at the yard and they will inform me if they can get one. I will look forward for the TD but more or less my booking will remain with the Ford. Reason? Price!

The Ecosport Titanium is priced ~1.3 lakhs lower than the Nexon XZ plus

Feature wise they are more or less the same. But the drive in the Ecosport was smooth and the diesel was very refined. It fell within my extended budget and they gave a good deal for my old car. This proposition was hard to ignore even if I bought the Magnite/ Kiger into the picture. So unless Ford Jack's up the prices considerably or forces the facelift on me, an Ecosports coming home. Let's see if the Nexon diesel TD happens and convinces me to pay the premium.

But I must seriously applaud TATA for where they have reached. In both my visits their showroom was packed. Despite this premium the Nexons sales are far ahead of the Ecosport. Which means either people are smitten by TATAs new designs or their marketing team has done an exceptional job in making sure people know they are buying a 5 star car. The Nexon is not a VFM option anymore, it is definitely a premium offering
400notout is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 12:56   #4138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the booking! We look forward to your delivery post.
Quote:
They let me checkout a stationary customer car. A diesel XMA, the moment I cranked the engine I was welcomed by quite a bit of clatter. I was surprised it was this unrefined. But maybe it was due to it being a cold start.up
Sad that they can't keep at least an older diesel Nexon for TD in places. Expecting people to put a million rupees on a car without experiencing the drive is criminal IMO. Worse that a customer's car gets used to demo to others - when we are in a pandemic of a virus that spreads by contact!! So much for the much advertised "bubble" sanitized deliveries. Disappointing. This dealers should get a serious reprimand from Tata.

As for the clatter - IMO the Tata 1.5 Revotorque is much less refined and gruff when compared to the Ford TDCi, Hyundai/KIA CRDi, Mahindra 1.5 & the currently unavailable Suzuki 1.5 DDiS. At least on the outside the clatter is most of them all, and its not as smooth as the others. In the cabin though - there is not much of a difference. Insulation is good so the engine noise doesn't bother in driving experience inside the cabin. (That said - the Ford & Suzuki engines are also lower on power/torque compared to the Tata gneine.)

Last edited by Reinhard : 13th July 2021 at 12:58.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 14:27   #4139
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the booking! We look forward to your delivery post.
Thanks! quoted delivery time is 4 months

Quote:
Worse that a customer's car gets used to demo to others - when we are in a pandemic of a virus that spreads by contact!! So much for the much advertised "bubble" sanitized deliveries. Disappointing. This dealers should get a serious reprimand from Tata.

Well in their defense, it wasn't a "ready for delivery" vehicle. I didn't do much other than cranking up the engine. In fact surprisingly despite all the footfall I couldn't see a single car readied for delivery at Tata. Kia had one delivery, Nissan had 4 magnites lined up. Even Renault delivered a Triber. But yes, all showrooms were quite stringent about touching customer cars. Compare this to the customers 10k driven Chevrolet Spark, that GM had sent for me to TD in 2009

But yes, safety bubbles were not to be seen anywhere. Apart from the customary mask, at all places things were quite casual.
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 23:35   #4140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations! The Ecosport is a very competent car and that diesel engine is wonderfully refined, tractable & peppy. Service it as per the recommended service schedules & you can easily see northwards of a couple of lakh kilometres in your EcoSport.
Between Nexon & EcoSport, the ES has better front end grip and lesser body roll which enhances its "flickability"
quotient, thus providing a dynamic balance with a wide repertoire across surfaces.
Once again, many congratulations!

Take care & drive safe
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed