Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2021, 14:35   #3916
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjallipalli View Post
Icing on the cake: Family says no outstation trip for at least a week to observe the car behaviour
Actually, that's always a good idea before you hit the highway for an outstation trip with a new car. It's important that you spent few days driving around your neighbourhood to get acquainted with the dynamics, pedal responses of the new car. Wish you all the best and happy motoring!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 18th March 2021 at 18:08. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
gmhossain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 16:55   #3917

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjallipalli View Post
A couple of shots Flubber looks lovely in the night..My adamant family had to get the tyres at least painted with ash Will post better pictures when I wipe them off!
Congrats on your Flubber! Nice looking car and wish you miles of happiness on its wheels. Unfortunate a brand new car had to be stripped open for issues in a week of ownership, and I can only imagine the frustration. But glad this is behind you now.

I wonder what the reason could be. Is it because the vehicles are being rushed out of the production facilities, skipping some QCs to meet demand? Or is it just a one-off case?
Old 18th March 2021, 18:02   #3918

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Actually, that's always a good idea before you hit the highway for an outstation trip with a new car. It's important that you spent few days driving around your neighbourhood to get acquainted with the dynamics, pedal responses of the new car. Wish you all the best and happy motoring!
I bought the car to avoid public transport, cant postpone all trips even if i want to, also we already did a run to Kanipakam, a famous ganesh temple on account of Tuesday delivery soon as we received Flubber ( trip of 150 KM, mostly Highway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
Congrats on your Flubber! Nice looking car and wish you miles of happiness on its wheels. Unfortunate a brand new car had to be stripped open for issues in a week of ownership, and I can only imagine the frustration. But glad this is behind you now.

I wonder what the reason could be. Is it because the vehicles are being rushed out of the production facilities, skipping some QCs to meet demand? Or is it just a one-off case?
Thanks, it is actually few hours and not a week!!
I was wondering the same, if the quality check is compromised to meet demand in an ever so popular segment

I just tweeted the same: @pjallipalli Not even 24 Hours with the car and it is already at the service station for MIL issue, did I make the right choice in buying TATA Nexon? @TataMotors_Cars @RNTata2000

prasad jallipalli @pjallipalli @NexonTataMotors @TataMotors_Cars How can a New car develop issues? Where/what is the quality standard? Frustrated that I have to cancel planned trips despite spending hard earned money to buy car

I did receive a call from TML social media team to check on the status of issue.

Wondering if I should ask friends and family to retweet to get more attention BUT Irritation and frustration levels gone and now I am in ZEN mode
PS:I was promised Flubber to be home@ 3 PM, I am yet to receive
Old 18th March 2021, 22:45   #3919

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulananda View Post
Exactly my thought process, I asked the same question to Tata Motors customer care and dealership, why can't Tata Motors flash the latest software update when the vehicle rolls out of the assembly line or at the QC. I haven't received a response from Tata Motors yet, but the dealership said, they only update the software(Infotainment update) only when the customer complains, ridiculous!! So, if a customer doesn't complain he has to live with an outdated Infotainment software throughout his Tata ownership life cycle

The only relief and thankfully, ECU/TCU updates are notified when the vehicle is taken for service. Imagine if you've to complain to get the ECU or TCU update!!!
Thanks for sharing. I am expecting delivery of my Nexon AMT next week. As part of the pre-delivery inspection, is it possible to check if recent updates have been applied to the key car components? Are such requests entertained by the dealer prior to registration/delivery?
Dnot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 07:10   #3920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnot View Post
Thanks for sharing. I am expecting delivery of my Nexon AMT next week. As part of the pre-delivery inspection, is it possible to check if recent updates have been applied to the key car components? Are such requests entertained by the dealer prior to registration/delivery?
Yes I would highly encourage you to do it. In addition, you can also meet the delivery manager and ask him to apply all the required updates before delivery. I reckon you start calling them right away if you've the delivery manager or cre contact details.
rahulananda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 10:05   #3921

I am hearing some sort of whistling noise when I accelerate my May 2018 Tata Nexon XZA+.
- The car is generally used for Mumbai – Pune trip around once a month. Before the problem cropped up it was not used for three weeks.
- If I accelerate sedately, then the noise does not come, even till 100 km/hr (I generally don’t drive above 100 km/hr)
- If I accelerate, when the car is standing still (Neutral gear, main & parking brake engaged) the sound does not come
- The sound comes both in City and Sports mode (did not test in Eco mode)
- Apart from this no other issue in the car.
Has anybody faced this issue? Solution for the same would be appreciated. Also I am planning a trip to Mahabaleshwar (250 km one way). Is it advisable? Thanks.

Is the noise coming from air manifold from turbocharger to engine?
Would like to have some ideas before going to TATA workshop (so that minimum number of experiments are carried out on the car)
Thanks again
Old 21st March 2021, 13:12   #3922

Booked XZ+[O] from Doon Tata, Dehradun. The salesperson told me the waiting period to be around 8 weeks but also informed me that the O variant can come early. Fingers crossed.
They asked 21000 for the booking, which as per my information, should be 11K (read in the forum posts and on Tata's website), when enquired about the same, they told me that for normal booking its 11K and 21K puts it on an urgent basis. Decided to pay 21K . Let's see.
Old 21st March 2021, 16:10   #3923
SPM

My Nexon XZA+(S) D is due for first service. It has clocked 1100 kms. and planning to put it for service in this week.

I also got a call from TMSC for sw update. I enquired further about update but she didn't have an answer. Should this be only infotainment or ECU or both, fellow owners who have got this done, pls comment.

Any other suggestion from you people about the things which i should be asking or taking care during first service. Have found following issues and will inform to SA for corrections;
1. Mild rattling sound from dash and rear left.
2. Suspension is also feeling a little hard
3. Slight jerk is there when the car is brought to stationary position (not always), looks some SW issue.

These issues were not there initially but developed later on.

4. Simetimes the vehicle picks up the speed suddenly or loses fraction of speed on the go without change in any input. This is felt mainly on mild slopes. Is this typical AMT behaviour or is some software issue?
SPM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 19:41   #3924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoider View Post
Booked XZ+[O] from Doon Tata, Dehradun. The salesperson told me the waiting period to be around 8 weeks but also informed me that the O variant can come early. Fingers crossed.
They asked 21000 for the booking, which as per my information, should be 11K (read in the forum posts and on Tata's website), when enquired about the same, they told me that for normal booking its 11K and 21K puts it on an urgent basis. Decided to pay 21K . Let's see.
I paid 25K for my XZA+(O) booking in Dec 20 and they said min 2 months waiting. When enquired about the rise in booking amount, dealership said booking amount was increased by Tata Motors. Nevertheless I got my nexon delivered in 4 to 5 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM View Post
My Nexon XZA+(S) D is due for first service. It has clocked 1100 kms. and planning to put it for service in this week.

I also got a call from TMSC for sw update. I enquired further about update but she didn't have an answer. Should this be only infotainment or ECU or both, fellow owners who have got this done, pls comment.

Any other suggestion from you people about the things which i should be asking or taking care during first service. Have found following issues and will inform to SA for corrections;
1. Mild rattling sound from dash and rear left.
2. Suspension is also feeling a little hard
3. Slight jerk is there when the car is brought to stationary position (not always), looks some SW issue.

These issues were not there initially but developed later on.

4. Simetimes the vehicle picks up the speed suddenly or loses fraction of speed on the go without change in any input. This is felt mainly on mild slopes. Is this typical AMT behaviour or is some software issue?
They are referring to ECU and TCU update. As for the Infotainment update you have to check with the Service Manager directly while giving the vehicle for service.

1. The mild rattling from rear left might be from the front left seat belt height adjustment clip. Check if it's loose. Not sure about the dash rattle, do mention to the Service manager.
2. Hmmm, suspension is ok in mine, check your tyre pressure. The recommended pressure for 215 profile is 30 ps.
3. Can you elaborate a bit more? Check after the TCU update.
4. I would say thats the AMT behaviour. The flat line on slopes is faced by me as well and couple of other Nexon AMT owners in this forum. Gets better after the ECU and TCU update, but not eliminated completely
rahulananda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 20:52   #3925
BHPian

Guys I got my Nexon XZ+ petrol serviced just yesterday and it was a minor service so not much to do with the car. I was given a bill of around 1350/- for the minor service done on my car. I was just wondering is it normal or i was charged more than usual for a minor service. What's the average service cost of a minor service. Does it vary with location or remains same across India.
Another thing i want to discuss is the parcel tray removal method. The lock and hook on the parcel tray is way too tight to remove or place the tray at the prescribed location. I have to put in so much effort that at times i feel its almost impossible to detach the tray. Is it me only or others have faced the same issue too. Why on earth has TATA used such a difficult mechanism to detach or attach a tray which takes such a huge effort in the first place. Just few weeks ago while detaching the tray, the hook came off and fell inside the casing of the boot. It took TATA mechanics almost 3 hours to fix the hook back to its proper position. In order to avoid such issue in future what i have done might be something helpful for my fellow Nexon owners. I took a filer and rubbed and chiseled the hooks to reduce the overall thickness so that it fits into the locks without much effort. This trick surely has helped and now it hardly takes any effort to detach the parcel tray. Those who have faced such an issue should surely try it.
Old 21st March 2021, 21:18   #3926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I took a filer and rubbed and chiseled the hooks to reduce the overall thickness so that it fits into the locks without much effort. This trick surely has helped and now it hardly takes any effort to detach the parcel tray. Those who have faced such an issue should surely try it.
Hi, not quite sure whether it was the right thing to do as it might start rattling soon. The best way, I've found, to easily detach the parcel shelf on most cars is to slightly jab the tray from the bottom near each lock and it just pops out without a fuss. While attaching, just align the clips on both ends and do the same from the top. Works for me every time.
TC
G.Harry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:01   #3927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Harry View Post
Hi, not quite sure whether it was the right thing to do as it might start rattling soon. The best way, I've found, to easily detach the parcel shelf on most cars is to slightly jab the tray from the bottom near each lock and it just pops out without a fuss. While attaching, just align the clips on both ends and do the same from the top. Works for me every time.
TC
Yes, I do the same, Small punch with palm just below on both side of the slots is the way.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:39   #3928

Got my car serviced today – her first scheduled service. Booked an appointment via the TMSC app, and took her to the service centre at nine o'clock on the dot. The service advisor was with me in a few minutes, and he walked me through the process patiently and courteously. He convinced me to get a 3M paint protection coating. Moreover, I requested they inspect the delay in rear washer fluid spurt and the general bugginess with the infotainment system and Android Auto. He explained the former issue cannot be fixed as that is how it works apparently, while he'd check if my car has ECU, TCU, infotainment and cluster updates. My signature was taken at around 9:30 with an ETA of one o'clock.

I had to wait in the waiting lounge, where tea/coffee was offered with biscuits. Couple hours later a cold beverage was offered. Having only been to motorcycle service centres so far, I was satisfied and pleasantly surprised with the comfort, cleanliness and amenities offered.

The car was ready at around 12 noon. Once again, the advisor walks me through the billed items and lets me know there were no software updates for my car. I insist he check again (even mentioned the version available for the infotainment), but he shows me the monitor and tells me if there were any it would show up on the screen. But he did say as soon as there's movement in terms of software updates for my car, I'd get intimated promptly. Convinced, I thank him, and depart with a happy face. The end

Last edited by uyscuti : 23rd March 2021 at 20:52. Reason: break up for better readability / minor spell fix
uyscuti is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 11:09   #3929
BHPian

Top 10 most bought UVs in the period of April 2020 to February 2021

Source: https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...2021-26907.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-uv-sales.png  

Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 13:55   #3930

Do the factory fitted Bridgestone Turanza tyres( Petrol XZA+O variant) come with Nitrogen or Air? I was told its Nitrogen but not sure if this is true! TPMS has been accurate so far, and I prefer Nitrogen over Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post

I had to wait in the waiting lounge, where tea/coffee was offered with biscuits. Couple hours later a cold beverage was offered. Having only been to motorcycle service centres so far, I was satisfied and pleasantly vinced, I thank him, and depart with a happy face. The end
Sounds like a luxury service! Where is this service station?

I am planning to get Flubber's first service in Bangalore while I am there for work( around 1st week of April) assuming I will be done with the first 1000 mileage. where should I go? Kropex or Prerana? as I am housed near Bommanahalli during the stay, but would not mind driving to any other location if it is recommended.

Funny thing is I paid 17K extra as the SA, put 3 year AMC price in the invoice instead of the EW, which was refunded on the 20th while I paid the moneys and took delivery on 16th !! I realized on 18th morning that the amount exceeded my estimate and asked the SA for the EW ( 3 yr) invoice, assuming an increase in price. Notice the left over TR sticker on my Flubber, great number plate fitting job but unfinished?

I guess the new car smell has gotten into me, and I am in the mood to forget and move on!!

This is the part I was told was replaced during the 2 days FLubber was in service center. O2 sensor wire clip
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210320-3.03.32-pm.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210320-3.03.23-pm.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-inkedwhatsapp-image-20210324-9.14.07-pm_li.jpg  

pjallipalli is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks