Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2021, 14:36   #3901
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulananda View Post
As and when you accelerate in 1st or 2nd the instant FE will hover below the 8 kmpl bar, but when the AMT shifts to 3rd gear the bar gradually starts climbing around the 14/15 kmpl bar. Make sure the acceleration is gradual so that the AMT shifts to 4th and FE hovers around the 16/17 mark. In long stretch once the vehicle builds enough speed, AMT shifts into 5th gear and instant FE starts hovering around 17/18 mark.

What I have noticed is, when the instant FE hovers around 10 or 11 kmpl for more than 5 minutes then avg gradually budges from 8 to 9. But, you don't get that luxury in a heavy bumper to bumper traffic. Also in the city with heavy traffic, the max you can get is around 10 or 11 kmpl.
Thank you for the reply. Yeah, Bangalore traffic is a bummer. Even if the traffic is not dense, the roads will make sure you won't get to third gear that often.

What I have noticed with very light acceleration is flat spots. Below 1800 rpm, it takes some acceleration to get the vehicle going, especially in city and eco mode. And there are some flat spots in this region. However, it is reassuring to hear that 8 kmpl average is not a fault or glitch in my vehicle. The last 250 kms has been only inside the city.
alphasri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 15:10   #3902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasri View Post
Thank you for the reply. Yeah, Bangalore traffic is a bummer. Even if the traffic is not dense, the roads will make sure you won't get to third gear that often.

What I have noticed with very light acceleration is flat spots. Below 1800 rpm, it takes some acceleration to get the vehicle going, especially in city and eco mode. And there are some flat spots in this region. However, it is reassuring to hear that 8 kmpl average is not a fault or glitch in my vehicle. The last 250 kms has been only inside the city.
The flat spots reduces after the ECU and TCU update during the first service. However, it's not completely eliminated I hope Tata Motors will bring out another update by the time we take our cars for second service to eliminate the flat spots.
Old 15th March 2021, 20:43   #3903

The Flubber is here ( Foliage Green Nexon Petrol XZA+O )

Vijayabharathi Tata dealership was okay with my detailed PDI inspection of the car. Took about 1 hour.

Yes I am calling it Flubber

Had a very tough time at the dealership regarding Insurance

Go Digit was offering one at 36500 ( All add ons, 1+3 with GST including)

Dealer quoted 60K then finally after a big head numbing discussion thread, on phone calls, whatsapp and SMS, reduced and confirmed at 44000 all inclusive. I wonder if the extra price is worth it, only future will tell!

Being an informed buyer in India can be really taxing!! ( Thanks to our Team BHP I learnt so much)

What is a new buyer with no Auto knowledge to do in these scenarios, God only save them.

3D floor mat price =3600 and mud flaps taken from the dealership itself.

Delivery planned for tomorrow morning.
pjallipalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 21:49   #3904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The flat spots reduces after the ECU and TCU update during the first service. However, it's not completely eliminated I hope Tata Motors will bring out another update by the time we take our cars for second service to eliminate the flat spots.
This is something I'm always amused about. The car is selling so much that there is a ~2 months waiting. The cars roll off the line & QC gate straight into trucks to dealerships.

Yet - they are dispatched with old software versions for HU / ECU etc. Why I wonder? Are they sitting on a many year old huge pile of these equipment loaded with older version of the software?
How hard is it to dispatch cars with already latest software flashed? Even my car had come with the funny flat spot and also with an almost 2 year old version of head unit software!
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 22:17   #3905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
This is something I'm always amused about. The car is selling so much that there is a ~2 months waiting. The cars roll off the line & QC gate straight into trucks to dealerships.

Yet - they are dispatched with old software versions for HU / ECU etc. Why I wonder? Are they sitting on a many year old huge pile of these equipment loaded with older version of the software?
How hard is it to dispatch cars with already latest software flashed? Even my car had come with the funny flat spot and also with an almost 2 year old version of head unit software!
Exactly my thought process, I asked the same question to Tata Motors customer care and dealership, why can't Tata Motors flash the latest software update when the vehicle rolls out of the assembly line or at the QC. I haven't received a response from Tata Motors yet, but the dealership said, they only update the software(Infotainment update) only when the customer complains, ridiculous!! So, if a customer doesn't complain he has to live with an outdated Infotainment software throughout his Tata ownership life cycle

The only relief and thankfully, ECU/TCU updates are notified when the vehicle is taken for service. Imagine if you've to complain to get the ECU or TCU update!!!
rahulananda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 22:25   #3906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasri View Post
First service for my Nexon xza+ petrol is due in a week. Has anyone serviced their vehicle in Prerana Motors' service centre at Kudlu gate Bangalore? This is where I am planning to take my car for first service. Will they let me near the bay when they service my vehicle? with recent anecdotes on theft and damage to the car during service, I am not too comfortable to be out of sight from my car.

My software version R7. 20 and 14 December 2019 release date. I read about a new update. Should I ask for this during first service? Are there any other updates?
I regularly service at Prerana motors, Kudlu gate. I found them to be good and trustworthy. They had fixed three of my major issues (both originated in factory).
1. ECU fault (came faulty from factory and was promptly replaced)
2. Fixed battery drainage issue (one fuse is leaking and was fixed/replaced)
3. Fixed suspension bushes for the squeaking sound that i reported

While i was very upset with Tata's QC to let it slip these two issues BUT happy with the team led by Tharanath at Prerana motors service center, kudlu gate. I trust them. Especially the DTE Praveen has been excellent and looked after my car and i know rest of the team is good as well. The service advisors Sangamesh and Lokesh, with whom i have interacted and found them good.

Lastly, about software updates, yes, they will update during the service. Please be ready to leave the car overnight as these updates sometimes take time.

They understand the new car buyers and i have been in your shoes during my first visit i know exactly you must be feeling!
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:17   #3907

Took delivery of car Yesterday. Puja ceremony and cake cutting formalities done at Showroom

Love the Flubber .. great colour

Had to visit a nearby holy place for puja on occasion of Tuesday Delivery

My Insurance letter mentions Addon value and not specifics, Liberty Insurance with TML as broker (saying refer Note 5) but obviously only one page is provided. Anybody here went with Tata Motors Insurance? can i check what is included? Also since this is 1+3 bundle is it easy to switch insurance next year?

The MIL light is glowing at about 100 kms, taking car to service center to get it checked, hope nothing serious is wrong!!!

Will try to share other details in a different topic at a later date...
pjallipalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 09:46   #3908

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjallipalli View Post
Took delivery of car Yesterday. Puja ceremony and cake cutting formalities done at Showroom

The MIL light is glowing at about 100 kms, taking car to service center to get it checked, hope nothing serious is wrong!!!
I am yet to receive the car. Sad experience

Arrived at 11 AM, was told excessive use of brake caused alert/error, and to take car home. Enter the vehicle to find it again!!!

12.30 PM still at showroom, was told now its rat bite. 1 PM was told some loose wiring

2.30 PM had a meeting so was dropped at home by showroom TD car. 6 PM was told LCU/ACU or some other minor issue, car is being tested, should arrive today

A new car and I could not even see it properly, now lodged at service station

Reliability vs safety? Chose safety over reliability.. I am being tortured at home already for the delivery taken on Tuesday!!

I feel so down, as I had to cancel a trip for car not being available(Showroom offered to take TD Nexon, but not the same as Flubber)

TASC: Vijayabharathi Automobiles, Tirupati

Should i take it to Bangalore or Chennai? are all the service centers the same?

Last edited by vb-saan : 30th March 2021 at 11:21. Reason: typo
pjallipalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 10:20   #3909
BHPian

Quote:
I am yet to receive the car. Sad experience

Arrived at 11 AM, was told excessive use of brake caused alert/error, and to take car home. Enter the vehicle to find it again!!!

12.30 PM still at showroom, was told now its rat bite. 1 PM was told some loose wiring

2.30 PM had a meeting so was dropped at home by showroom TD car. 6 PM was told LCU/ACU or some other minor issue, car is being tested, should arrive today

A new car and I could not even see it properly, now lodged at service station

Reliability vs safety? Chose safety over reliability.. I am being tortured at home already for the delivery taken on tuesday!!

I feel so down, as I had to cancel a trip for car not being available( Showroom offered to take TD Nexon, but not the same as Flubber)

TASC: Vijayabharathi Automobiles, Tirupati

Sorry to hear your ordeal man, clearly shows the service center is clueless about the issue. And rat bites on a brand new car means the car was parked at a rat infested yard? I reckon you should ask for a stand by car from the dealer till the time the issue is resolved. Alternatively you write an email to Tata Motors customer care about the issue. Tata Motors customer care would then share TM Service CSM contact details. You can then explain the issue to the Tata CSM and hope they expedite resolving the issue. Also hope you've checked the VIN number to ascertain the vehicle is a 2021 make.

Last edited by vb-saan : 30th March 2021 at 11:22. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thank you!
Old 18th March 2021, 10:27   #3910
BHPian

Quote:
I am yet to recieve the car. Sad experience

First congratulations on getting the car, i hope things will get sorted soon and you will get to enjoy your car, call the customer care service and register a complaint there, every showroom has the numbers for area and state higher ups, call them, that would help in speeding up the process.

Regarding insurance, next year you can go with any company of your choice and take any kind of add ons you want, there's no problem in that process.
Old 18th March 2021, 11:24   #3911
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of car Yesterday... The MIL light is glowing at about 100 kms, taking car to service center to get it checked
Firstly, congratulation on your new car. If the MIL light is not blinking then usually it means a minor fault related to the emission system. It could be a faulty sensor, loose cable or simply a loose fuel cap. Did it happen after a refueling?

I hope, it gets sorted out soon. Here is the relevant manual page:
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexonmanpage67.png
Old 18th March 2021, 13:02   #3912

Update: Just now recieved call that the O2 sensor had issue, replaced with new part, and car would be delivered after a trial run

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
First congratulations on getting the car, i hope things will get sorted soon and you will get to enjoy your car, call the customer care service and register a complaint there, every showroom has the numbers for area and state higher ups, call them, that would help in speeding up the process.

Regarding insurance, next year you can go with any company of your choice and take any kind of add ons you want, there's no problem in that process.
Thanks @yesyeswe. I assume that the 3rd party insurance would also transfer to the new company or stay with Liberty, the current insurer?

Quote:
Sorry to hear your ordeal man, clearly shows the service center is clueless about the issue. And rat bites on a brand new car means the car was parked at a rat infested yard? I reckon you should ask for a stand by car from the dealer till the time the issue is resolved. Alternatively you write an email to Tata Motors customer care about the issue. Tata Motors customer care would then share TM Service CSM contact details. You can then explain the issue to the Tata CSM and hope they expedite resolving the issue. Also hope you've checked the VIN number to ascertain the vehicle is a 2021 make.
They did offer to provide a TD vehicle and having seen how their drivers abuse them personally, I dare not borrow those

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Firstly, congratulation on your new car. If the MIL light is not blinking then usually it means a minor fault related to the emission system. It could be a faulty sensor, loose cable or simply a loose fuel cap. Did it happen after a refueling?

I hope, it gets sorted out soon. Here is the relevant manual page:
Attachment 2133936
Thanks. Funny you should mention refuelling, as I did think of it first and did all that was possible by me with no luck Source: Jai Google

Also the fact that I could google and Find the top most reason for this issue being sensor fault and the service center ignored it till the end is baffling!

I am seriously considering getting service from outside Tirupati, either Bangalore or chennai, my 2 closest cities given this ordeal.

Icing on the cake: Family says no outstation trip for at least a week to observe the car behavior

Service manager said the initial wrong diagnosis was due the fact that most AMT's show this error due to new Automatic driver behaviour of Brake+clutch handling
pjallipalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 13:11   #3913

A couple of shots Flubber looks lovely in the night..My adamant family had to get the tyres at least painted with ash Will post better pictures when I wipe them off!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210316-8.19.29-pm1.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210316-8.19.29-pm.jpeg  

pjallipalli is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 13:32   #3914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboOnTarmac View Post
I regularly service at Prerana motors, Kudlu gate. I found them to be good and trustworthy.

While i was very upset with Tata's QC to let it slip these two issues BUT happy with the team led by Tharanath at Prerana motors service center, kudlu gate. I trust them. Especially the DTE Praveen has been excellent and looked after my car and i know rest of the team is good as well. The service advisors Sangamesh and Lokesh, with whom i have interacted and found them good.

Lastly, about software updates, yes, they will update during the service. Please be ready to leave the car overnight as these updates sometimes take time.

They understand the new car buyers and i have been in your shoes during my first visit i know exactly you must be feeling!
Thank you very much for the response. It is quite comforting to know. I will update once service is done .
Old 18th March 2021, 13:49   #3915
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Just now recieved call that the O2 sensor had issue, replaced with new part, and car would be delivered after a trial run
Glad it's been resolved. Enjoy your new ride. Do keep in mind to drive the new AMT in a sedate manner to get a hang of the RPM, gear shift pattern and turbo kick in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks