Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2021, 22:17   #3781
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
In the weekend, we removed all plastics covers, ribbons and took our Nexon for a refueling drive. Also, we got a PUC test done from a test center by paying Rs. 100, as was suggested by a friend. In mParivahan app, now I can see PUC validity status. In the weekend, we also did the first DIY mini mod by spray painting the wheel cap, following some Youtube videos.
Lovely colour this & sparkles nice in the bright sunlight! Congratulations on finally getting the car home. Wish you many happy & safe miles with it. Splendid job with the wheel caps. Totally changes the look of the car - in a good way. With everyone doing it - Tata must be feeling so embarrassed. I'm sure they won't do it in the OEM covers anymore - as the lower trim has to keep on looking not-so-good if the higher trims are to sell more! (Upto 2019 - there used to be a dual tone cap on XM/XMA which looked quite good.)

As for the PUC - no harm in getting it done. Although - a brand new car doesn't need one for 6 months (some say 1 year). The reason is simple - carmakers aren't supposed to sell cars out of the factory without emission testing done. Unless the showrooms remove them - some cars even used to have the white-green sticker on the passenger side about the pollution control test.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 09:31   #3782

Hi All

I owned SWIFT ZXI Petrol for 13 years. After so many lovely memories, had to let it go last year.

I booked Nexon Petrol Green Single tone XZA+O on 22nd January at Vijayabharati dealers in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.

Was given 30 days time frame. It kept moving a week every couple of days, now after my escalation on twitter with TM official handle, the local CRM says Mid March!!

I am on hold for loan processing, given that they have a limit for processing/disbursement.

Asked the dealer accessories team to hold a seat cover I liked to be kept on hold now with the delays I am not sure if I will get them!

Planning to go with outside Insurance. Dealer quote is 61K!!

Now My queries:

1. Do I get intimated on billing done at factory?

2. Any way to process loan but hold for a few days? SBi says it can be done, HDFC not confirmed yet. Dealer CRM asked to do this in last week of Feb.

3. Anyone chose IndusInd Bank for car loan? Was promised 6-7 % Interest rate against 7.65% rate at HDFC Bank( SBI is 7.85%)

4. Amazon or MotorHunk or others for accessories? ( 7d mats, sunscreen shades)

5. Anyone did a Range Rover style mod on the front grille of Nexon? I wish to remove TATA logo, put Land Rover Logo with Range Rover letters on bonet Something similar to a lot of Maruti Brezza style mod pics on internet....
pjallipalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 10:30   #3783
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM View Post
Thanks Tgo

No option for half clutch as i have AMT.

No, Car did not pick up speed during that time.
Were you in manual mode by any chance? Could it be that the gear you were in was too high for the 35kmph speed and the engine didn't upshift/downshift as per the input of the accelerator?

Don't fuss about it too much. Just drive it a bit more as if it didn't happen. Soon you'll be in sync with hoe the drive train functions and if the issue resurfaces, have it looked at in the 2000 km service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
In the weekend, we also did the first DIY mini mod by spray painting the wheel cap, following some Youtube videos.
That's a drastic change in the appearance for the better. Nice DIY skills you have. Looks OEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjallipalli View Post
1. Do I get intimated on billing done at factory?
Your sales rep will get active once your car is allotted. Just be patient.

Your dealer will most probably not hold onto the seat covers for so long. If its a popular option they will have it in stock. Here's a link to what we ordered from Tata and from amazon.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 10:32   #3784

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
Took delivery of this gorgeous machine yesterday. Overwhelmed with joy and excitement. Will keep this thready updated on the developments and my experience with this machine. Thank you all for making me feel welcomed here and the support thus far.
The car is living up to my expectations so far, and I keep learning new niche stuff about it everyday. I noticed a couple of things for which I couldn't find explanations for in the manual, so I thought you guys could help.
  1. I keep hearing a chunky click sound from the below attached unit. It goes off when I turn on ignition (without cranking the engine), but comes on when I turn it back off. Is this normal? I can share the audio clip (if someone tells me how) if no one has heard of it. Tata Nexon : Official Review-20210209_094248.jpg
  2. The infotainment starts playing FM radio if it doesn't detect a USB or a Bluetooth device connected. Is there a way to stop it from doing so, or how do you guys mitigate it?
  3. Not something I noticed, but is there a way to see the battery voltage either in the infotainment screen or the instrument cluster?
Appreciate your help.
Old 9th February 2021, 11:45   #3785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenp View Post
Thank for sharing this alphasri. Few questions
1. What is the official run-in KM's for Nexon Petrol as suggested by TATA manual/ASC?
2. Are there any restrictions on the speed/rpm suggested by ASC/Tata for Nexon Petrol until the run-in is done?
3. How many KM's has your vehicle run by the way?

Thanks
Naveen
Hi Naveen,

1. There is no mention of run-in KMs mentioned in the manual. I thought I would follow the norms mentioned in the manual for 750 KMs at least.
2. According to the manual, the nominal speed limit during run-in period is 120 km/h. THe nominal limit for fuel efficiency is 100 km/h.
3. My car has run about 580 kms till date.
Old 9th February 2021, 12:52   #3786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  1. I keep hearing a chunky click sound from the below attached unit. It goes off when I turn on ignition (without cranking the engine), but comes on when I turn it back off. Is this normal? I can share the audio clip (if someone tells me how) if no one has heard of it. Attachment 2119911
This is the ESP / ESC unit and what you are hearing is the motor running to build up the required pressure, however you should not be able to hear it unless you have the bonnet up and are close to this unit. If it can be heard outside as well you need to get it checked.

EDIT: Just realised you are hearing the noise with the engine off. How long does it stay for ?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 9th February 2021 at 13:00.
fiat_tarun is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 13:14   #3787

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
This is the ESP / ESC unit and what you are hearing is the motor running to build up the required pressure, however you should not be able to hear it unless you have the bonnet up and are close to this unit. If it can be heard outside as well you need to get it checked.

EDIT: Just realised you are hearing the noise with the engine off. How long does it stay for ?
I'm yet to time it, but I sat in the car with the engine off and I could hear it for all the time I was in there, which was quite a while. Here's the audio: https://sndup.net/5s7t (will gladly remove the link if it violates forum rules).

Thanks.
Old 9th February 2021, 13:47   #3788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm yet to time it, but I sat in the car with the engine off and I could hear it for all the time I was in there, which was quite a while. Here's the audio: https://sndup.net/5s7t (will gladly remove the link if it violates forum rules).

Thanks.
The file isn't available on the link. Directly upload to the T-Bhp server (zip). I don't think external file sharing links are allowed as per forum rules
Old 9th February 2021, 13:50   #3789
BHPian

Quote:
Thank for sharing this alphasri. Few questions
1. What is the official run-in KM's for Nexon Petrol as suggested by TATA manual/ASC?
2. Are there any restrictions on the speed/rpm suggested by ASC/Tata for Nexon Petrol until the run-in is done?
3. How many KM's has your vehicle run by the way?
Thanks
Naveen
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasri View Post
Hi Naveen,
1. There is no mention of run-in KMs mentioned in the manual. I thought I would follow the norms mentioned in the manual for 750 KMs at least.
2. According to the manual, the nominal speed limit during run-in period is 120 km/h. THe nominal limit for fuel efficiency is 100 km/h.
3. My car has run about 580 kms till date.
The run-in period for all cars as a thumb rule is 2k km.

Do not exceed more than 1.2 to 1.5k rpm during this time, and at the first service get the oil and filter changed, from your pocket, this is a healthy for your car.

Hope this helps.
Vinod_nair is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 13:59   #3790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post

Do not exceed more than 1.2 to 1.5k rpm during this time, and at the first service get the oil and filter changed, from your pocket, this is a healthy for your car.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. That certainly helps. I wasn't aware of this before. On the other hand the gear change in Nexon sports mode happen around 2k rpm. Others can chime in with their observations here. But this is what I observed in my case. What is the solution then?
Old 9th February 2021, 14:05   #3791

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The file isn't available on the link. Directly upload to the T-Bhp server (zip). I don't think external file sharing links are allowed as per forum rules
Thanks for the info – noted. Here's the ZIPed audio: engine click.zip
uyscuti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 14:24   #3792
BHPian

Quote:

Hope this helps.
Isnt 1.2k/1.5k too low? i went through the manual and they dont have any recommendation for the RPM but list speeds upto 120KM in 6th gear as acceptable during run-in period!
Also, the default driving mode is City. During run-in, is there a recommendation on the driving mode that we should stick to? Would be extremely tough to be in sports mode on an open road and keep the revs below 2k
naveenp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 14:36   #3793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would believe that this level is too low. Most cars as it is do not have any prescribed run in period in this day and age. However, even if you were to err on the side of caution, I would say that it is important to engage the turbo in turbo charged cars regularly, and therefore, revving the engine gradually to 2000 odd RPM would be important. IN naturally aspirated cars also, 2000 RPM is a safe enough level One can gradually build up to this during the first thousand kilometers.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 14:52   #3794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Not something I noticed, but is there a way to see the battery voltage either in the infotainment screen or the instrument cluster?[/list]Appreciate your help.
Congratulations on the car! I can answer this question. There are many accessories on Amazon that provide you with the battery voltage information. I bought the below one for around 750/-. Has a charger and turbo one too. Shows the battery voltage as soon as the ignition is on.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 15:05   #3795
BHPian

Quote:
Isnt 1.2k/1.5k too low? i went through the manual and they dont have any recommendation for the RPM but list speeds upto 120KM in 6th gear as acceptable during run-in period!
Also, the default driving mode is City. During run-in, is there a recommendation on the driving mode that we should stick to? Would be extremely tough to be in sports mode on an open road and keep the revs below 2k
Exactly! This was my observation in sports mode. You can easily get to 2k rpm in sports mode, and this when gear change happens as well. I have been driving in city mode exclusively inside the city and engaged sport mode during the entire highway trip. I found eco mode too slow to enjoy driving the car. I don't use sports mode inside city because I found it a tad aggressive in traffic.

Did you observe flat spots? I observed flat spots in steep inclines. Kind of unnerving when that happens, especially when people are crowding behind you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks