Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2021, 13:30   #3706
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post

Also wanted to check if you have received the extended warranty from Tata?

If you are asking about the free one year extended warranty that Tata offers customers who waited for more than a month to get delivery of their vehicle, the territory sales manager told me that it will automatically get included as an addition to the two year factory warranty. So my factory warranty is three years by default. Again he said the service center people will know this the moment they enter the chassis number in their system.

I did purchase another three year extended warranty package, and if this what you are asking about, then the answer is no; I did not get any document or mail to confirm that it I am in possession of extended warranty. The dealer said I will get a mail regarding this. I haven't received the mail yet.

Hope this answers your question.

Note to the moderators: I forgot to reply to this question earlier. Didn't mean to spam. Please delete the post if you find it inappropriate.
Old 29th January 2021, 13:50   #3707
BHPian

Quote:
Hey NaveenP, have you received any text message from Tata Motors regarding extended warranty on the vehicle being delayed? I have just entered the 8th week waiting today and haven't received any communication yet. The SA is good for nothing. I have to follow up for every small thing!
Hey Varun, Nothing from Tata motors. All quiet at my end I plan to visit the showroom tomorrow and talk to the folks there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_chandan View Post
Below could be the possible reason:
Nexon is selling like Hot cakes, like other CSUV, SA does not have to make any effort to sell nexon, Hence SA does not receive any incentives for selling nexon

Thank you for your wishes, I had booked on 3rd Nov, If 8 weeks has passed then you should raise a complaint on TM social media, after that TSM of bengalore region will contact you, Keep in touch with him, he is the one who will help you more rather than contacting the dealership.
Agree on the incentive part. They probably received more than expected share of bookings for Nexon. There was hardly any discount or offer even during December-2020.

How do you get in touch with the TSM? And we have to write to TM on twitter?
Old 29th January 2021, 15:15   #3708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenp View Post
How do you get in touch with the TSM? And we have to write to TM on twitter?
Try sending DM on twitter to @TataMotors_Cars with all your details including booking date, dealership name, variants etc, after that you will get a call from TSM, You can also get TSM contact from your SA, Hope this will help.
im_chandan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 21:57   #3709
BHPian

Quote:
Today i also have received my nexon xz+ delivery. Delivery experience has exceeded my expectation.
Congratulations on your new steed! Bit curious to know: did you take the delivery of your Nexon with HSRP number plate attached or with a temporary number plate? Also, how much time did the process take it for you, from the PDI to the delivery?

Thanks and cheers,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 22:22   #3710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Congratulations on your new steed! Bit curious to know: did you take the delivery of your Nexon with HSRP number plate attached or with a temporary number plate? Also, how much time did the process take it for you, from the PDI to the delivery?

Thanks and cheers,
Thank you, Yes I received Nexon with HSRP .
I did my PDI on 22nd, Registration process started on 25th i.e. Monday, 26th was Republic Day holiday, I received number sms on 27th and took delivery on 28th. So total 7 days, one day got extended due to Holiday.

I remember you had completed PDI before me, have you received the delivery or what is the reason behind delay.

Last edited by im_chandan : 29th January 2021 at 22:27. Reason: Included a question
im_chandan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 22:59   #3711
BHPian

Quote:
I remember you had completed PDI before me, have you received the delivery or what is the reason behind delay.
Yes, we did the PDI on 20th January and the payment got completed on 21st. Identical to your situation, registration process was initiated on 25th and I have received the car registration number SMS on 27th.

As per Vahan website, the Nexon is already ours .
Unfortunately, the HSRP plate is yet to be delivered to the dealership as of today. Apparently, here the HSRP vendor takes few sweet days to deliver the plate.

Anyway, we have asked for "home delivery" of our Nexon with the HSRP plate and we are hoping to get it by next week.

Cheers,
gmhossain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 10:48   #3712

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
Completed my pre-registration inspection (PRI) yesterday, albeit without the key, and everything looked good from the outside. The SA and his supervisor gave me various reasons as to why, but none of them warranted not giving me the key. The SA seemed to be new to the concept of PRI and was surprised we brought a printed copy of the PRI/PDI checklist, but most of it was useless given we didn't have the key. Based on the VIN, the car was manufactured in January 2021, and the Tyres, Bridgestone Turanzas, were made last year in the last but two weeks. Here are some pictures:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20210129_160402.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20210129_160314.jpgTata Nexon : Official Review-20210129_160354.jpg

Anywho, I plan to take delivery next week, and I've decided to add a couple of chrome garnishes (on SBM and rear bumper). Floor mats and mud flaps are included gratis. Consider myself quite lucky since I only booked the car earlier this month.

Last edited by uyscuti : 30th January 2021 at 11:04. Reason: Grammar and add more info
uyscuti is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 17:31   #3713
BHPian

Hello everyone! Though I have been a long-time lurker of TeamBHP, I became a member only a few years back and this is my first post, albeit to ask for some help. :P

My father bought a Foliage Green Tata Nexon XZ+(O) from Dulichand Motors in Kolkata in the December of 2020. I was the one who had test-driven the vehicle, negotiated with the dealership, and done everything regarding the transaction. My father's engagement was limited to going to the showroom and handing the SA the cheque for the booking amount. However, I had to come to Pune urgently for some work in January, and it looks like I won't be able to be there when the car is delivered.

In such a situation, I am a little apprehensive about a thorough PDI being done by my father. The help I require thus, is for someone to accompany my father or driver to the yard, and assist them in doing a PDI - up to TeamBHP standards of course. :P

My car is scheduled to be delivered sometime within the first two weeks of February. Help would be much appreciated!
Old 30th January 2021, 23:02   #3714
BHPian

Hello everyone. Follow up to what I wrote regarding dirt smudges left on the interior by the guy who cleaned my car on the day it was delivered. I wrote a message in Facebook and the response was immediate. They offered to drive my car to their centre clean everything spotless and return it at my doorstep. However, I went there myself. I am still not satisfied. The smudge near the sun visor is still there. Adding to my woes is the full white interior with generous amount of fabric material on the door. How do you guys take care of your interior (DIY). Especially the fabric on the door pad and headliners. Would be really grateful for any suggestions or help here.
Old 30th January 2021, 23:24   #3715
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, Yes I received Nexon with HSRP .
I did my PDI on 22nd, Registration process started on 25th i.e. Monday, 26th was Republic Day holiday, I received number sms on 27th and took delivery on 28th.
Congratulations alphasri and im_chandan and wish you a great experience and unlimited safe miles with Nexon.
I'm still waiting for my XZ, 4 weeks are over. Anyway, I plan to take the delivery only in first week of March due to some dependencies.

HSRPs are included in the price (as part of RTO charges) right? Did you get a windshield sticker as well?
Please keep us posted on the accessories you got from the dealer and outside.
Old 30th January 2021, 23:39   #3716

Hi All,

I had booked Nexon XZ from Prerana motors in Rajajinagar Banglore on 17 th Nov 2020, so far have had no update on vehicle allotment ,neither SA has any clue ..Is it TATA motors allocating vehicles or the dealer?

Has anyone got delivery from above dealer who had booked after Nov 16th?
Old 31st January 2021, 07:12   #3717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satiks View Post
Hi All,

I had booked Nexon XZ from Prerana motors in Rajajinagar Banglore on 17 th Nov 2020, so far have had no update on vehicle allotment ,neither SA has any clue ..Is it TATA motors allocating vehicles or the dealer?

Hi. I booked my car on 20th November from Prerana BTM. Took delivery on 28th Jan.
alphasri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 10:24   #3718
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Hey Satiks,

I have booked my car on December 10th from Kropex Motors, Singasandra and haven't received any update so far. However, yesterday I had called my SA and asked him the status. He didn't give any concrete answer so I told him this is the 8th week since I have booked and I need delivery on 16th Feb as it is an auspicious day.

He then asked for me a couple of days to revert and told me that he will get my name added in some priority list to make that happen. I am waiting for his revert tomorrow. Will update once I hear back.

Additionally, I also confirmed that all Tata vehicles exceeding 30 day booking period will get an extra year of warranty by default.
Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 11:57   #3719
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Quote:
Hey Satiks,

I have booked my car on December 10th from Kropex Motors, Singasandra and haven't received any update so far. However, yesterday I had called my SA and asked him the status. He didn't give any concrete answer so I told him this is the 8th week since I have booked and I need delivery on 16th Feb as it is an auspicious day.
Hi Satiks, Varun_G,

I would suggest you both send a tweet to Tata motors handle on twitter. My friend had a similar issue with his Altroz Diesel booking(booked on 8 Jan) with even the dealership being clueless on when they can get a 2021 car. He tweeted to Tata and the Regional manager at Tata responsible for allotting cars to dealers called him and billed his car in the next 24 hours to the dealership.

My friend had to resort to this as he was promised the car in 3-4 weeks while booking (same waiting period quoted for Nexon as well) but got no update even after the third week. His car will be reaching the dealership sometime during next week.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 14:26   #3720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi Satiks, Varun_G,

I would suggest you both send a tweet to Tata motors handle on twitter. My friend had a similar issue with his Altroz Diesel booking(booked on 8 Jan) with even the dealership being clueless on when they can get a 2021 car. He tweeted to Tata and the Regional manager at Tata responsible for allotting cars to dealers called him and billed his car in the next 24 hours to the dealership.

My friend had to resort to this as he was promised the car in 3-4 weeks while booking (same waiting period quoted for Nexon as well) but got no update even after the third week. His car will be reaching the dealership sometime during next week.
Hi Shanksta, I tweeted Tata Motor Cars on Friday. They responded to the tweet within a few hours and told me that they have forwarded the request to the concerned team and i would be contacted. I visited the showroom on Saturday morning and spoke to the manager there(Adishakti Cars,Bangalore). He opened an allocation sheet and checked if any car was allocated. Nothing was allocated to me yet. He then told me that they are receiving 20 more allocations over the weekend and would let me know by Monday.

Also, by evening i received a call from Tata Motors asking if my query was resolved. I said not and asked for the TSM contact. I emailed the TSM and asked him to help. I received a response and the TSM mentioned that the billing would happen before end of Feb which is like 3 months from my booking date (Booked on 4th Dec)!

I dont think Tata is able to scale up its production to meet the sudden surge of demand in the last few months. And it is showing in its deliveries now. When i went to the showroom, a Nexon booked in last week of October was getting delivered on 30th Jan - which is like 3 months!

Also, when i spoke to the showroom manager, i was being arm twisted to go for the insurance from the showroom itself. I told him the quote that i have from outside was markedly different and i need a quote good enough from his team to go ahead. I was told that his team would cooperate for insurance claims in case i happen to have claims. For outside insurance claims, i would have to do all the work etc etc. Does anyone have any recommendations in terms of insurance from showroom or outside? Should i go with showroom based or my own insurance quote from outside? Please help.
I see a difference of 14K between showroom quote and a quote from outside. The insurance is from National Insurance and i am transferring my NCB from previous car insurance to the new one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks