Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2021, 22:21   #3616
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
Thanks. This might be considered off-topic, but I've been doing some research on the options available to me as far as insurance policy is concerned,
Check the prices on policybazaar, then talk to their agent and bargain to get the price down. Every major insurance company is good with a decent service, i have taken 4-5 claims till now from different companies and haven't faced any issue till now eg Liberty Videocon, tata aig, new India, iffco tokio, future generalli etc.

Regarding insurance from the showroom, you can them about all the covers which they are providing and they'll let you know. I don't any difference between insurance from showroom or insurance from outside, just check whether the insurance you are purchasing from outside has cashless facility or not.

But if you want to go with the showroom insurance, just check the insurance online, select the add ons which i have mentioned, and then ask the showroom guys to match the online quote.

Recently i have been going with Go digit, they are new player but their services are good, moreover their sales representatives are very professional and never anything. Check go digit's website, they have explained all the add ons in very simple terms.

Some of the important/good add ons are,
Zero depreciation
Consumables cover
Road side assistance
NCB protection
Return to invoice
Tyre cover
Engine and Gearbox cover, if you have frequent rains in your area
Keep the IDV as high as possible

Even if you find the digit insurance quote to be value for money, check the quote on acko insurance (it's another new entrant with low prices) and then tell the digit insurance's sales person about the acko insurance quote and ask them to reduce price. This is the best way to bargain, by quoting the competition.

Feel free if you want more help

Last edited by yesyeswe : 10th January 2021 at 22:26.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:58   #3617

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Some of the important/good add ons are,
Zero depreciation
Consumables cover
Road side assistance
NCB protection
Return to invoice
Tyre cover
Engine and Gearbox cover, if you have frequent rains in your area
Keep the IDV as high as possible
Thank you yesyeswe, appreciate the support. Having done some further research and making some calls, Ergo's quote was ~Rs. 40,000, similarly Digit reduced their prices to under 40k when I mentioned HDFC's quote for all the aforementioned add ons except for the engine/gearbox cover.

Yet to get a response from the SA on what add ons are included and the provider for the ~30k quote. Will update here when I get a response.

[all prices inclusive of 18% GST]

Last edited by uyscuti : 11th January 2021 at 13:02. Reason: clarify on what's included in the cost
uyscuti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 21:21   #3618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm just back from the airport, but fixed it right-away. It's holding the headliner very well. One time fix only. If you pull, it wont come off. Plus; The magnetic back ensures you can use it as torch. Check out the brightness in Step1, its remarkable! Step2 is even brighter. I'm happy with this one.
Ordered on the 9th and received it today. It surely looks beautiful. Hope my long standing grouse gets solved with this
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20210112_211511.jpg  

tarik.arora is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 21:23   #3619
Senior - BHPian

It's sold out now. Yours was last piece. Few of my friends were disappointed on not finding one
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Ordered on the 9th and received it today. It surely looks beautiful. Hope my long standing grouse gets solved with this
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 22:25   #3620
BHPian

Quote:
It's sold out now. Yours was last piece. Few of my friends were disappointed on not finding one
This is what I have from amazon,

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks very nice. Can select the color of light -- White, Blue or White & Blue.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-3.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-2.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-1.jpg  

Attached Images

Shrey_1520 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 10:02   #3621
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
This is what I have from amazon
Looks very nice. Can select the color of light -- White, Blue or White & Blue.
While on the topic of additional cabin lights - sharing information about what I have installed. Its a very similar light to the ones you have shared. I procured it around 400 INR only courtesy AliExpress.com, before things went sour with them. The same item retails at around 1600 INR on Amazon.in.

I have installed it on the left C pillar. So it gets charging point permanently & is easily accessible to my son from his own seat in the back when needed. Light is very good.

More information for reference (along with links & pictures) if needed - in this post (Story of Ironhide - My Tata Nexon XZ+ Diesel).
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 10:22   #3622
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I've seen those. And they're very nice. Post AliXpress not operating in India, found it very tough to source such lights cheap. The ones I bought are classy, (at least), compared to what's currently available in accessory shops - so I paid up . Sorry, didn't check Amazon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Its a very similar light to the ones you have shared. I procured it around 400 INR only courtesy AliExpress.com, before things went sour with them
Old 13th January 2021, 19:06   #3623
BHPian

Hello All,

Wanted to provide a quick update on my Nexon booking.
I had booked XZ+ Blue (P) from Prerna Motors Lalbagh on 3Nov2020.

Today I got update that vehicle is billed and allocated to me.

However it required lots of followups from SA, GM and TSM.

Few suggestion for those who are waiting for there car, try to contact TSM of BLR region,
He is the one who billed cars to the dealership and He is very cooperative.

Initially I had booked Tectonic blue but latter now I had changed it to White, as Blue Nexon waiting was still 20 days+ , Green and White color are easily available.

Thank you, Waiting for PDI, Finger Crossed
im_chandan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 08:29   #3624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_chandan View Post

However it required lots of followups from SA, GM and TSM.

Few suggestion for those who are waiting for there car, try to contact TSM of BLR region,
He is the one who billed cars to the dealership and He is very cooperative.

Thank you for sharing this info im_chandan. Had a few questions?
How do you get in touch with the TSM?
Did you already pay for the car? If not, when did the showroom ask you to pay? Has there been a change in price since last year?
Also, How long after allocation will you actually get the car? I was told 10 days after allocation and was told to pay somewhere after allocation. So wanted to cross check.
Old 14th January 2021, 09:36   #3625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenp View Post
Thank you for sharing this info im_chandan. Had a few questions?
How do you get in touch with the TSM?
Did you already pay for the car? If not, when did the showroom ask you to pay? Has there been a change in price since last year?
Also, How long after allocation will you actually get the car? I was told 10 days after allocation and was told to pay somewhere after allocation. So wanted to cross check.
Hello naveenp

1. You can get TSM contact from your SA, he can share you happily.
2. I have not yet paid, but now since the allocation is done , they are asking to initiate the payment process, have to complete in few days.
3. 7 to 10 days.

Dear Reinhard

Thank your for you all previous post related with Nexon, really helpful, Request your kind help in below query.

1. I like the fabric seat cover of nexon very much, specially the facelifted fabric seat cover and hence not planning for any seat cover changes, will it be a good decision, I feel more comfortable on fabric seats.

2. Pls suggest a good 12V mobile charger for Nexon.
im_chandan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 10:04   #3626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_chandan View Post
I like the fabric seat cover of nexon very much, specially the facelifted fabric seat cover and hence not planning for any seat cover changes, will it be a good decision, I feel more comfortable on fabric seats.
I am in the same boat. The fabric seats are really good and I am not planning to get any seat cover at the beginning. If needed, we can easily get them at a later stage, may be during a "midlife upgrade".

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenp View Post
Did you already pay for the car? If not, when did the showroom ask you to pay? Has there been a change in price since last year? Also, How long after allocation will you actually get the car?
I am also happy to share the news that our Nexon XM(P) is allocated now. It is in transit with scheduled unloading at Kolkata in the early next week. We had booked it on Nov 9, 2020. I have paid 20 percent of the amount after the allocation. I need to pay the remaining amount after PDI but before it's sent to RTO for the registration.

Cheers,

Last edited by gmhossain : 14th January 2021 at 10:13.
gmhossain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 13:47   #3627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
I am in the same boat. The fabric seats are really good and I am not planning to get any seat cover at the beginning. If needed, we can easily get them at a later stage, may be during a "midlife upgrade".
Apologies for asking this noob question out here but I always believed that seat covers are required as an additional layer of protection for stock seats.

I believe the fabric seats are a cover above the foam seats and any damage to the fabric seat covers might directly hamper the foam inside as well and that is why seat covers are essential. Am I missing something here?
Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 14:16   #3628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
Apologies for asking this noob question out here but I always believed that seat covers are required as an additional layer of protection for stock seats.... Am I missing something here?
A recent trend has been to remove that OE fabric seat also and install the seat covers directly on the foam. I dont prefer this, but many are.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 15:40   #3629
BHPian

Quote:
Apologies for asking this noob question out here but I always believed that seat covers are required as an additional layer of protection for stock seats.

I believe the fabric seats are a cover above the foam seats and any damage to the fabric seat covers might directly hamper the foam inside as well and that is why seat covers are essential. Am I missing something here?
It's not required. In most cases, OEM seat covers are much better in quality and way more comfortable than many budget seat covers. Personally, I find Nexon fabric seats are quite good. Of course, maintaining fabric seat covers may require more efforts.

Here is the Team BHP thread on the issue of seat covers:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...rs-yes-no.html (Seat Covers - Yes or No?)

Best,
gmhossain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 16:30   #3630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In my previous (Tata) Car - I used the stock fabric upholstery for 10 years & it was as good as new when I let go of the car. Only in the last year of ownership I installed PU leather seat covers because of my 2 year old son being in the car. However - after that - I made a decision that I'll never use seat covers . I used to sweat like a shower on those covers. Both my current cars are running stock fabric upholstery and I have no plans to put covers on them. If you want just for safety layer - just get another cheap set of fabric seat covers over the existing seats and thats good enough. If you want real premium feel - genuine leather is the only viable option and they cost a bomb.

Everything else you get in regular shops - is artificial / PU leatherette. It is not breathable & in our hot/humid climate it is very impractical. It gets hot, sweaty & sticky.

I stick to the fabric seat covers and get the 3M / Wurth interior cleaning & enrichment treatment done once or twice an year. Keeps things visually as well as hygienically clean and as good as new.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks