Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 23:04   #3601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Surely. But first let me see if its as good as it is in the pic. Else, you'll curse me It looks sturdy, yes. And it sticks to the headliner with 3M tape. Let me check the gumming and revert
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Thank you for posting this. Can you please share a link for the same? This has been a pain point for me. My daughter hates the darkness at the rear seat. I tried a couple of cheap products from Amazon but they just fall off after a drive or so. This looks sturdy. Does this stick to the headliner carper using a double sided tape (if yes, then if might also fall off pretty early)?
Old 8th January 2021, 07:05   #3602
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon - XMA(S) Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
Hey Naveen, When are you expecting your car to be delivered? Maybe the three of us (You, me and Nadigar)can connect and work out deals with various vendors for our required accessories.
Mine could arrive only around Feb end. Will keep you updated.
Old 8th January 2021, 18:20   #3603
BHPian

Nexon is raking in higher numbers MoM, helping Tata motors to become the third-largest carmaker in the country behind Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai.

Ever since the facelift, Nexon sales have improved and shown an impressive upward trend!
I am guessing the numbers and market share will further improve once the DCT gearbox is offered in the next few months. Onwards and Upwards! Vocal for Local!

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-car-sa...-12389306.html
Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 19:21   #3604
Senior - BHPian

That's a great achievement. If the DCT is introduced in Diesel, I might even upgrade to that. This time, a true top-end with all the bells and whistles, (like sunroof etc). I really hope they bring in a panoramic sunroof to this segment first (Instead of just following the trend others set)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
I am guessing the numbers and market share will further improve once the DCT gearbox is offered in the next few months. Onwards and Upwards!
Old 9th January 2021, 00:49   #3605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
That's a great achievement. If the DCT is introduced in Diesel, I might even upgrade to that. This time, a true top-end with all the bells and whistles, (like sunroof etc). I really hope they bring in a panoramic sunroof to this segment first (Instead of just following the trend others set)
I'd rather a torque converter. Unless its a wet-clutch DCT, I see no point in coupling a dual clutch unit with a torque loaded diesel engine. Best to go for a reliable, sufficiently fun torque converter instead. DCT is okay-ish for petrol engines IMO.

For the dimensions of a Nexon - I think panoramic Moon-roof is what is possible. For a Sun-roof - where would the glass really retract? There won't be much space left for the mechanism towards the rear of the roof. Especially since the actual roof ends somewhere around middle of the parcel tray. Afterwards its just the plastic spoiler extension on the outside.

On a lighter note - given the daily dose of "Nexon topples, all passengers safe" news - I'd opt for a regular one still, with a proper in-roof cross member instead of a fragile glass up there.

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th January 2021 at 00:50.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 20:29   #3606
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I received the product from Furper, but the box wasn't sealed. The finish is quite good, and the light is adequate. Looks posh. Here is the link
https://www.furper.com/products/base...ding-light-led
Quote:
Thank you for posting this. Can you please share a link for the same? This has been a pain point for me. My daughter hates the darkness at the rear seat. I tried a couple of cheap products from Amazon but they just fall off after a drive or so. This looks sturdy. Does this stick to the headliner carper using a double sided tape (if yes, then if might also fall off pretty early)?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_4991.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_4993.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 20:43   #3607
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I received the product from Furper, but the box wasn't sealed. The finish is quite good, and the light is adequate. Looks posh. Here is the link
https://www.furper.com/products/base...ding-light-led
Thank you. This surely looks posh. The pricing is still around 2.5k. Just need your feedback on its grip with the headliner. If that is ok, I will order this right away. The product has been beautifully designed
Old 9th January 2021, 21:00   #3608
Senior - BHPian

I'm just back from the airport, but fixed it right-away. It's holding the headliner very well. One time fix only. If you pull, it wont come off. Plus; The magnetic back ensures you can use it as torch. Check out the brightness in Step1, its remarkable! Step2 is even brighter. I'm happy with this one.
Quote:
Thank you. This surely looks posh. The pricing is still around 2.5k. Just need your feedback on its grip with the headliner. If that is ok, I will order this right away. The product has been beautifully designed
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_4996.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 21:56   #3609

[First post] Hello! I've been stalking this thread for a while now and the conversations are very informative and interesting. Thanks to this thread and my TD'ing the car, I've cancelled my booking for a Sonet in favour of a Nexon Petrol for my first car.

I must admit I was impatient when I booked the Sonet, and a bit biased because even though I didn't get to TD the car for more than a week, I fell for Sonet's charm and features, and decided it was going to be worth the wait. Moreover, my family, whom I took along for the TD, which came after a week, reported the rear comfort was poor for three members and cramped for the tall ones. Similarly, the ride quality was marginal at best on tarmacs and poor on concrete roads. Yet, I decided to go ahead and book the car. In the meantime, I ignored all the calls from TATA.

Anywho, fast forward two weeks, my uncle forwards me this news about a broken engine mount bracket, which lead to some lukewarm conversations, followed by me agreeing to TD Nexon. "I'm doing this for him and no harm in TD'ing a car", I thought to myself. But man was I wrong. On TD'ing the car, which came from the neighbouring state (~60 km far), I immediately liked the car. The ride quality was good (marginal on concrete roads) and the rear occupants (including the tall ones) too reported positively on the ride comfort for three members. The transmission, however, was worse than the Sonet's. But that is something I can live with.

Contrary to my interactions with ARAS Kia's sales executive, Derik TATA's executive was (and is) very forthcoming and friendly. I could even negotiate on the insurance and freebies! Having said that, I'm yet to get an estimated delivery date (EDD) in writing from him (verbally, it's 7 to 8 weeks). Still better than Kia, since their SA flat out rejected my request for an EDD in writing. Paid Rs. 21000 towards booking of Nexon. Thought it was 11,000.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot-20210109-202152.png

Here's hoping the wait is short and first of many similar posts!

Cheers!
uyscuti is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 22:04   #3610
BHPian

Quote:
I'm just back from the airport, but fixed it right-away. It's holding the headliner very well. One time fix only. If you pull, it wont come off. Plus; The magnetic back ensures you can use it as torch. Check out the brightness in Step1, its remarkable! Step2 is even brighter. I'm happy with this one.
Perfect. They have a new customer in me. Thank you so much again
Old 10th January 2021, 01:00   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
[First post] Hello! I've been stalking this thread for a while now and the conversations are very informative and interesting. Thanks to this thread and my TD'ing the car, I've cancelled my booking for a Sonet in favour of a Nexon Petrol for my first car.

Cheers!
First congratulations and welcome, you have made a fabulous and a very wise decision by cancelling the sonet and booking the nexon, too many quality issues with kia recently and very questionable build quality. Nexon is a fabulous car, the white colour is my favorite too keep those posts coming.
yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 07:01   #3612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
[First post]
Here's hoping the wait is short and first of many similar posts!

Cheers!
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the 5* rated car.

Get the Tata seat covers, you can choose from a range, it's worth the 6/7k they charge for it.

Get an online insurance quote and ask the dealer to match it, most Tata dealers do.

All the best.
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 10:58   #3613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only issue could be, during hot summer as roof heats up, will the glue melt and this unit could fall down ?
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 18:18   #3614
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, that's a possibility. I know what you mean. I'll watch out for that
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Only issue could be, during hot summer as roof heats up, will the glue melt and this unit could fall down ?
Old 10th January 2021, 19:24   #3615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the 5* rated car.

Get the Tata seat covers, you can choose from a range, it's worth the 6/7k they charge for it.

Get an online insurance quote and ask the dealer to match it, most Tata dealers do.

All the best.
Thanks. This might be considered off-topic, but I've been doing some research on the options available to me as far as insurance policy is concerned, but I haven't gotten any clarity on which provider to choose and (or) what add ons are worth their premium. This is the online quote I got from HDFC Ergo for the comprehensive package (1 year own damage + 3 years third-party liability) + zero dep + PA cover (3 years).

Name:  Screenshot 20210110 191046.png
Views: 2579
Size:  22.3 KB

The insurance quote provided by the dealer is also a comprehensive cover, but I don't know who provides the insurance or what add on covers are included. The SA initially quoted ~Rs. 34,000 for the same, but brought it down to ~30,000 since I'd mentioned I might get the insurance outside. Might have to make some calls.

Thanks for the recommending the seat covers, I'll make sure to add them to the list of accessories to purchase.
uyscuti is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks