Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2017, 16:24   #346
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post

Regarding mileage, I think I'll get better figures if I go with private vends like Shell. Dealership advised me to use diesel from Govt bunks like HP/BP (and avoid additives which Shell/Essar could be using in their mix). They say the engine will get used to the premium fuel and might be problematic when I'm out on the highway with the inferior fuels. Do you follow this?
They told the same to me and so did many other friends. Hence, I use only HP in my Hexa. I had asked a similar question in one of the threads, and was told that there should be no major difference apart from the higher price in shell! Sticking to HP/Indian Oil for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Weird!! But this explains my observations as I saw them lit in a XZ+ but the others were XM and hence, unlit.

For the lower models, the 'half' tail lamp looks quite small and I am concerned how would be the visibility in fog.
You do have a rear fog lamp which is bright and hence is more visible during fog. With newer designs entering the market, I guess the rear lights may gradually tend to become more sleek and linear than the conventional halogen bulb setup.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 20th November 2017 at 16:25.
Old 20th November 2017, 16:38   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
You do have a rear fog lamp which is bright and hence is more visible during fog. With newer designs entering the market, I guess the rear lights may gradually tend to become more sleek and linear than the conventional halogen bulb setup.
The lower variants don't have it, if I am not wrong. Brezza doesn't have rear fog lamps at all, across all the variants.

Sleek LEDs might look beautiful but my concern is regarding form over function.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 09:04   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
This is something I've always suspected to be the case, in all cars that display the FE figures in the MID.
I used the Manza for about 4.5 years and am using the Zest since 3 years. Both have these errors, but they were much smaller. The Manza showed an excess efficiency of 1.5 KMPL while the Zest shows less efficiency by 1.2 KMPL.

In all three cases, the error is consistent. So I don't have a problem knowing the real efficiency through the MID. I consider this a minor irritant. However, I shall report it during my first visit to the service center later this week.

Last edited by Enobarbus : 21st November 2017 at 09:07.
Old 21st November 2017, 16:53   #349
BHPian

Hello friends,

Here are a few pictures that i captured today, either the sunroof is custom done by the owner or now being offered by Tata Motors?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-1.png  

Attached Images

mahen_narang is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 18:16   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Fresh spyshots from earlier today, courtesy my good friend Autospy at Pune.

He observed that the first test mule (first 2 pics) was an XMA variant, riding on XZ alloys.

The second test mule (next 3 pics) had dual-tone exteriors - white-coloured body with black roof.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-2.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-3.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-4.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-5.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 21st November 2017 at 18:18.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 19:44   #351
Senior - BHPian

Wish the sunroof was offered on XZ+, would have been nice to have. However hardly see any clear 'sky' in the city these days so may not be that bad after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
the sunroof is custom done by the owner or now being offered by Tata Motors?
Old 23rd November 2017, 02:18   #352
BHPian

This is a little OT, but thought of sharing here since this is related to Nexon and should be interesting.

Got a call today from Tata Motors and was informed that a Nexon Skill Arena will be organised in Bangalore in this coming weekend (25-26 Nov).
The link to register is here.
In case you are interested in buying the Nexon (or just checking it out) then I think this should be a good experience to have.

Regards,
Ayan.
ayankm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 20:53   #353
Senior - BHPian

Venue of Bangalore Nexon Skill Arena
Ezone Club Marathahalli
Dates: 25-26 November
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexonskillarena.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 21:17   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors has announced an exclusive association of it's Nexon SUV with Disney India, ahead of the release of Disney's much awaited film in the Star Wars franchise - Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

Official Press Release:

Quote:
Through this first-of-its-kind campaign, Tata Motors has strategized to aggressively increase awareness of the Nexon in the country by joining forces with the Star Wars franchise.

Similar to the Star Wars franchise, Tata Motors has a long legacy of celebrating fan engagement and unparalleled brand experience over the decades. With its epic galactical adventures and space battles, Star Wars has been fueling the imagination of millions with path-breaking innovation in storytelling. The feature loaded Nexon with its LEVEL NEX Design, Performance, Technology and Comfort has fueled a similar level of excitement among auto enthusiasts.

According to Mr. Vivek Srivatsa – Head – Marketing, PVBU, Tata Motors –"We are very excited to associate the Tata Nexon with the Star Wars brand which is a huge franchise globally. Nexon has been one of the most talked about recently, just like the ‘The Last Jedi’ has been for the movie buffs. Fueling the force within you, the Tata Nexon takes driving to LEVEL NEX which has resulted in a culmination of a radical shift in thinking about our products. Nexon promises to deliver an experience beyond the next level which will change the norms of what you can expect out of a car just like the Star Wars movies. We are sure that this association will definitely prove to be a real treat for fans of both the brands."

Customers will experience the best of both worlds at every level in this innovative campaign. Under this association, the two brands will collaborate across various platforms, from test drives to showrooms to the Nexon Skills Arena. It will offer an immersive and engaging experience that Star Wars fans would love and relate to the technologically-advanced Tata Nexon. Exciting Star Wars merchandise will also be available at the Nexon Skill Arenas.

The Nexon has empowered the customers with exciting new technology features to experience best-in-class driving on road. The Moroccan Blue and the Vermont Red colors of the Nexon – are symbolic to the light and dark side of the Force in the Star Wars galaxy. These unique colours depict a sense of empowerment and world’s best experience and driving pleasure. With cool tech features like the Wristband Key, Floating Navigainment Touchscreen with Voice Control and the 8-Speaker Sound System, Nexon is sure to become a favorite amongst this target group. Also with the Superior 6-speed Transmission, drivers are in for a real-life demonstration of the force.

The Star Wars franchise witnesses huge fan following and the movie is expected to release on December 15th 2017.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 11:52   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata Motors has announced an exclusive association of it's Nexon SUV with Disney India, ahead of the release of Disney's much awaited film in the Star Wars franchise - [i]Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
That is a perfect match!
I was following a red Nexon this morning on the way to work. The ceramic thingy on the rear looked quite odd, but it did seem familiar.
If they only add various colours to it, we could have lightsabers

Edit: hey, maybe they can make them ceramic thingies as removable lightsabers; that would be cool
selfdrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 13:06   #356
Senior - BHPian

I saw a few nexons on road and I found them to be very good looking. Even XM variant was looking good due to the fab wheelcaps. It didn’t look like a cut cost base variant.

At the same time I think Tata needs to look at QC of headlamps and taillamps. I was following a brand new XZ+ yesterday and it had LED tail lamp conked off on one side
Old 24th November 2017, 14:11   #357
BHPian

This is a situation that I would like to confirm from other Nexon owners. This is for the ones with the floating color screen.

1. Open door from Passenger side using the request sensor.
2. Press the Start/Stop button to turn the accessories on especially the radio.
3. Press Start/Stop to turn off accessories. The radio will stay on.
4. Normally, when you are in the driver's seat, the radio will turn off the moment you open the door. But since you have now entered from the passenger's seat, opening the passenger door does not turn off the radio.
In fact you can get out of the car, close the door and the radio will continue to play (potentially draining your battery down if you don't notice it). To remedy this you have to open the driver door.

Why would I want to enter through the passenger door?. Well.. I agree its a non standard situation. I was just being lazy and did not want to walk around the car when I wanted to test out some new songs from the pendrive.
Kommandogerät is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 15:02   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandogerät View Post
In fact you can get out of the car, close the door and the radio will continue to play (potentially draining your battery down if you don't notice it).
Does this mean the radio plays even after you lock the car ?

Did u wait for 5 minute after locking to see whether the radio gets switched off automatically ?
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 16:42   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Does this mean the radio plays even after you lock the car ?

Did u wait for 5 minute after locking to see whether the radio gets switched off automatically ?
Hexa has a one hour mode where the infotainment shuts off post that time duration. Happens when you get in and switch on the infotainment without ignition key. There could be similar arrangements in the Nexon.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 18:12   #360
BHPian

This is a bold and good move to buy a New Gen TATA Product after WV product.

I had owned Innova, Scorpio, XUV 500, Optra Magnum, TATA Indigo, Maruti 800, K10 Alto, Fiat Palio etc in different point in time.

Surprisingly TATA's after sales support was the best (Concorde,
Diary Circle, Bangalore) when compared to the support from others.
The worst was from Chevrolet.

So, Jithu, I think you may not be disappointed. All the best !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Booked Nexon on this Sunday. Diesel xz+ grey color.
We didn't liked the color of TD vehicles - blue and red (Or rather Maroon)

They have promised to deliver within a month. Lets see!

Will be selling my Vento 1.6 d to make space for Nexon. (Though people have already started asking why upgrading to a car from Tata and that too from a VW. )

And my answer is always,its good vehicle and I like it.period!
If they are still confused, I will add on things like
  • Loads of torque
  • Nice tractability
  • Grand view of the road from driver side
  • High seating position, which will be a boon in the night drives
  • Backseat legroom
  • Better ride comfort when compared to Vento
  • Massive Ground Clearance
  • Better after sales service when compared to VW. (comparison w.r.t the existing Tiago, Hope it improves furthur)
  • And the best thing - a very LIGHT clutch (especially when compared to Vento 1.6D).

Attaching the price list I got from the dealer Trivandrum Motors, Trivandrum.
Tornado is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks