Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2020, 20:42   #3106
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks to Krishna Chand K. C. for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts
Wow! That is great attention to detail! Kudos to TML for implementing such a smart feature; I thought it was just a "dumb" switch to instantly crank-up the air-con to full blast and lower the driver-side window. In my part of the country where it is pretty hot and humid, this would definitely come in handy.

On a lighter note, let's hope that this feature is here to stay and TML's feature-deletion axe spares it in the future!

Last edited by ram.iyer95 : 30th July 2020 at 20:44.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 12:40   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I have experienced this 2-3 times in my XZ+ D (MT). Software updates to the latest versions (15.20 is what I have now) have not resolved it. However - were you using Android Auto during this occurrence? Over the last six months I have been keeping an eye and most of the software glitches that I have faced with ICE/BCM have been triggered by Android Auto related anomalies. ... I use a Xiomi Redmi 6Pro, which isn't the best out there for software stability.
Had totally missed seeing this earlier! Yes I WAS using Android Auto at the time and from the same mobile brand as yours...

The plot thickens !
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 12:47   #3108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Had totally missed seeing this earlier! Yes I WAS using Android Auto at the time and from the same mobile brand as yours...
The plot thickens

This got resolved for me finally. Some research on the web & some fiddling with the phone made it possible. Turns out - the "Battery optimization" in Android / MIUI causes this. Disable the power/battery optimization for ALL the apps that are even remotely related with Android Auto. Let them work without any battery optimization & Android Auto will work fine with the head unit. It seems when the OS tries to optimize the apps in the background - it spooks Android Auto. Usual suspects -
  1. Google Maps
  2. Spotify
  3. Prime Music
  4. Google News
  5. Any Podcast / feed apps you have linked with Android Auto

Give unrestricted battery usage to these apps and you'll find a smoother Android Auto experience. I have not faced a single such issue since I did this back in February. Of course - the running has also been lesser since then.
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 03:40   #3109
osp

I've had a strange experience on my Nexon - the rearview camera feed just rotates by 180 degrees and stays there!

Often resolves on its own after restarting the infotainment system (sometimes have also had to restart the car), and once it resolved after the ASS guys kept the battery disconnected for around 5 mins. Other times, just resolves on its own. Just like that. The frequency of this problem has reduced, but I'm not sure when it'll come up again.

Posting it here in case anyone has come across this kind of issue and has managed to make sense of it.

Old 8th August 2020, 09:58   #3110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by osp View Post
I've had a strange experience on my Nexon - the rearview camera feed just rotates by 180 degrees and stays there!
What's the software version currently deployed on your head unit?
Old 8th August 2020, 10:59   #3111
osp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
What's the software version currently deployed on your head unit?
The version is R15.20 dated 23 July 2019. This would be after (I think) the second update made to the system in 2019.

Yes, a bit dated (mea culpa), don't have the heart to give it over to the ASC without me being there, since software updates apparently can happen only on weekdays, for some reason.
Old 9th August 2020, 14:38   #3112
BHPian

Why is Tata not displaying the 5 star GNCAP rating anymore in their brochure and website, after the introduction of the facelifted model !?

Is there any mandate from GNCAP that requires a re-test for facelifted models?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20200809142623__01.jpg  

Old 10th August 2020, 09:18   #3113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan_N View Post
Why is Tata not displaying the 5 star GNCAP rating anymore in their brochure and website, after the introduction of the facelifted model !?
Is there any mandate from GNCAP that requires a re-test for facelifted models?
This was discussed earlier a few months ago also. As far as my knowledge goes - not all face-lifts need a re-test. However in case of the Nexon 2020 - there are structural changes & not just cosmetic changes to plastic parts. The car has new bumpers, new bonnet as well as bonnet placement. New roof structure (sun-roof addition). So we had anticipated it long ago that officially the car cannot claim 5 star safety till its re-tested by GNCAP to certify. There is very little chance that the car won't score 5 stars again (mostly with higher points thanks to more safety features getting added). However - officially can't be claimed on documents just yet.
Reinhard is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 16:54   #3114
BHPian

Thinking to buy a 2017 Tata Nexon XM Diesel from a friend, which has run 25,000 KM. The vehicle seems to be in good condition though I have observed two issues.

1. the clutch pedal seems to be too high and the left foot pains after a certain amount of time. Pointed out to my friend and it was reiterated by my friend's wife. Is it my assumption ?

2. When the car is in 3rd/4th gear and in between 1700-2000 rpm, the vehicle gives a jerk like it lost the fuel for a microsecond and then behaves normally. It occurred both in city and sport mode.

Shall be thankful for any pointers/remarks for the above problems !
Old 13th August 2020, 20:14   #3115
BHPian

Audio preset - default options

In the Nexon XZ+ I use, a couple of issues:

a) After every time engine is switched on and I switch on the audio, it starts in radio, rather than BT which was the last mode before switch off. Do we have an option to set this to start the last selected mode (BT in this case)?

b) I normally use the User audio preset (equalizer), but after the engine is switched on, the "Speech" audio preset is selected. Can I set this to use the previous used preset than the "Speech" one?

Thanks
skumare is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 15:39   #3116

I just purchased a Tata Nexon BS6 diesel XZ+ S variant 2 weeks ago. Since the day of delivery I am experiencing a strange behaviour from the engine, it always feels sluggish and stressed on lower rpms and even on lower gears. Secondly again on lower rpms the engine behaves powerless in intervals of few seconds! However the car feels breeze on highers speeds and higher gears but it feels awkwardly sluggish and stressed each time u get back on the throttle pedal after leaving it to lower speeds and gears.
I told about the same to the SVC guys during the first service but they said, they did not find out any issue.
Any help regarding this will be a great help.
Old 14th August 2020, 19:03   #3117
Senior - BHPian

On behalf of a friend's one week old Nexon.
Any clue on this issue? Not cranking.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20200814wa0003.jpg  

Old 14th August 2020, 19:10   #3118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
On behalf of a friend's one week old Nexon.
Any clue on this issue? Not cranking.
I found the Nexon user manual in the internet.
[ATTACH=Nexon-BS-VI_543858409905_Rev_00_10.01.20.pdf]2042793[/ATTACH]

As per that it indicates that the engine is unable to crank.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20200814190554_drive.jpg

Apart from this there is no other mention about this error. Maybe your friend should call RSA. It must be really frustrating when such niggles come up on a new car!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nexon-BS-VI_543858409905_Rev_00_10.01.20.pdf (4.72 MB, 2651 views)
nagr22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 19:44   #3119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
I found the Nexon user manual in the internet.
[ATTACH=Nexon-BS-VI_543858409905_Rev_00_10.01.20.pdf]2042793[/ATTACH]

As per that it indicates that the engine is unable to crank.
Attachment 2042794

Apart from this there is no other mention about this error. Maybe your friend should call RSA. It must be really frustrating when such niggles come up on a new car!
As I understood this comes on when someone cranks the engine without waiting for the cluster to complete the error check run cycle when the ignition is on. We should wait for a few second to allow the system to run the error check. (The rpm meter goes one complete cycle to the highest value and return to zero.)
BKB999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 20:04   #3120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post
We should wait for a few second to allow the system to run the error check. (The rpm meter goes one complete cycle to the highest value and return to zero.)
So now incase if that was how it occurred, doesn't it get resolved in the next start cycle and having waited for error check to complete? It still didn't it seems. Or once if it occurs, it needs the service technician to come over and fix it?

A service visit is scheduled for tomorrow however. Strange if it indeed breaks down like this for the reason that you said.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 14th August 2020 at 20:18.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks