Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2020, 10:27   #2941
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Has any owner here tried to install after-market (AliExpress ) auto-dimming IRVM in their Nexon? Its something I'm thinking of doing since some days as my next update on the already modded up car. Will be a very useful thing to have. I'm not too happy with the flippy mechanism as when coming back to "day mode" - the mirror position changes and I have to adjust it back!
Didn't the original Nexon have an auto-dimming IRVM? Can the parts for that be used instead? I'm somehow happy with the rear mirror of the car (not used an Auto-dimming one yet so have no idea what the benefits are)
Old 12th February 2020, 10:31   #2942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriks View Post
Didn't the original Nexon have an auto-dimming IRVM? Can the parts for that be used instead? I'm somehow happy with the rear mirror of the car (not used an Auto-dimming one yet so have no idea what the benefits are)
Nope, just the manual day-night one. Same as the one I have now. It would have been quite disastrous if Nexon had it, since even the Harrier/Hexa didn't get it from launch. Harrier gets it now with face lift.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 10:45   #2943
BHPian

Can the xza steering be fitted on the xma? I'm asking for the 2020 models. Cannot imagine buying a 9+ lac rs car with no steering mounted controls.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 12:44   #2944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Nope, just the manual day-night one. Same as the one I have now. It would have been quite disastrous if Nexon had it, since even the Harrier/Hexa didn't get it from launch. Harrier gets it now with face lift.
So - I have bitten the bullet and ordered a piece for 3.5K INR from AliExp. Let's see. I hope I don't get any freebie virus from China with it. Next little DIY surgery for my precious.
The same item is retailing anywhere between 11 to 30k on Amazon.in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Can the xza steering be fitted on the xma? I'm asking for the 2020 models. Cannot imagine buying a 9+ lac rs car with no steering mounted controls.
It will need the buttons, black plastic fascia & wire pig-tail to be sourced. Wheel itself can stay as it is. Generally after a few months these parts will become available on boodmo.com also and one can do a DIY for this change.

If Tata hasn't spent money on "removing" the remote switch connectors from the stock music system, this will work. I don't think they'd have removed it, the ICE seems unchanged in the new XM also. Might be worth checking it out once using a good contact in service center perhaps before taking the plunge.

And yes - even I'm surprised that Tata thought it was wise to remove these from the XM trim. Much cheaper cars get these now. It must be something to do with numerology or stars that if they give projectors in XM, steering mounted controls need to be sacrificed.

Last edited by Reinhard : 12th February 2020 at 12:45.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 11:27   #2945
BHPian

Guys wanted to share some news and numbers with my fellow BHPians about the FE on Nexon Petrol. Everyone is complaining about low numbers so i decided to try out the TankFul method.

My Nexon Petrol manual XZ+ is about 18 months old and ODO reads at 14k at the moment as it's not my daily driver. So i filled up to Auto Cut Off limit with 34.5 litres of fuel. Drove in City mode as always. All the drive was within the city only with different traffic conditions ranging from no traffic to heavy traffic. AC was ON with temperature set at about 27 degrees thanks to cold weather in our location. With windows rolled up all the time and occasional load of 2 to 3 people on board i drove for around 433 kms before refueling at the same fuel station at around the same time. It again filled up around 34 liters thus giving an average FE of 12.55kms in city traffic conditions. MID however showed 13.8kms as FE thus a variation of about 1.3 kms. I have tried this method a few times and got almost identical results keeping the driving conditions almost same. However the change in numbers will be felt when the tyre pressure is not perfect or we can say less than what is prescribed. The only figure which was accurate was DTE if i used the aforementioned actual mileage i.e 12.55 kms.

Now my question is that is 12.55 kms in city traffic acceptable using the City drive mode in Nexon Petrol or i am a bad driver who can get so much better FE in city driving conditions. What is the average other Nexon Petrol users are getting in city traffic. Some feedback would be really appreciated.

Last edited by Syed Monis : 13th February 2020 at 11:29.
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 12:01   #2946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Now my question is that is 12.55 kms in city traffic acceptable using the City drive mode in Nexon Petrol or i am a bad driver who can get so much better FE in city driving conditions.

For me 12.55 is excellent figures considering the traffic conditions. My humble Wagon R(F10D) gives something between 9 to 11 in these conditions. Other Nexon owners listed single digit FE in Banglore B2B traffic.
K_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 12:17   #2947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Now my question is that is 12.55 kms in city traffic acceptable using the City drive mode in Nexon Petrol or i am a bad driver who can get so much better FE in city driving conditions. What is the average other Nexon Petrol users are getting in city traffic. Some feedback would be really appreciated.
That's great buddy. My Tiago gives me little above 13KMPL in Bangalore's famous B2B traffic and MID shows >14kmpl. For heavy car like Nexon 12.55 is amazing.
Question to Petrol Nexon MT owners in Bangalore: What is your observation in daily B2B city drive?
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 19:59   #2948
BHPian

Guys! My 5month old Nexon XZA+ (D) just completed about 12k Kms. But today morning, while at the petrol pump I noticed a slight bulge on the sidewall of the rear-left tyre.

Here's a pic of the bulge:
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20200215_100559.jpg

And here's the culprit:
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20200215_101426.jpg

For now, I have replaced the tyre with the stepny since all of them are same size 215/60 R16. As of now I have the damaged tyre in my stepny.

So, what do you folks advice? Should I replace the tyre or is it Ok to have it just in the stepny, usage of which would be almost nil.

Regards
Saurav

Last edited by Thumping Soul : 15th February 2020 at 20:00. Reason: alignment
Old 15th February 2020, 20:02   #2949
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post

So, what do you folks advice? Should I replace the tyre or is it Ok to have it just in the stepny, usage of which would be almost nil.

Regards
Saurav
No way you can use the tyre (even as a stepney). The sidewall is a major functional component and even the slightest of bulges or tears will warrant a replacement.

Get the tyre changed in the interest of safety
vishy76 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 08:26   #2950
BHPian

I had a quick trip to Madurai from Bangalore to attend a wedding.

Total distance covered 890KM
Total Trip FE 21KMPL
FE from Bangalore to Madurai: 22.06
FE from Madurai to Bangalore: 20

Filled up at shell on Friday night. Had got my 3rd free service on Thursday so did not check the fluids.For records the 3rd service costed me 2300 and i had some scratches which the SC painted for 2K. as of now happy with the paint will keep updating on this bit. Also noticed a small chip in the glass near the temp sensor. SA told nothing to worry about unless it develops into a big crack.

Recharged the SBI Fastag through an agent. I am unable to re-set the password as the OTP is not being triggred. Have tried calling FASTag helpline multiple time with no resolution. Am also chasing KHT but no resolution till now

Original plan was to start at 5:00 on Saturday and we started at 5:30 a.m.
Drive was super smooth and the car performed flawlessly. Fastag helps a lot in cutting down toll times.
We stopped at a place called Anandas near Salem, the food was really good and I would recommend this place. The coffee was esp. good.
Road were really nice and we could reach Madurai by 11:50. We would have reached early just that my wife wanted to break for coffee again, we halted briefly at a place called Temple city hotel.
Total time to reach 6 hours 20 mins. Total distance 437 KM.

We were put up a place called Tamil Nadu hotel. It was decent, large rooms, but this being a government run place the maintenance was lacking. Thankfully the wedding was right opposite to this hotel.

In the evening before the reception we and few of wife's friends decided to go to Madurai temple. Big Big mistake. I would suggest everyone not to got there in evening. Its super crowded and super mismanaged. Touts roaming freely and offering to take to darshan directly for 500 per person put me off completely.

We enquired with locals and they suggested to come early morning. The ticket agent refused to refund our money. We left the place sad.

Next morning me and wife left early as no one was ready to get up in morning. We reached the place before 7. We used the previous night ticket and it worked. No one stopped. The whole process took less than an hour. The darshan went well.

One thing to note the car parking is pathetic. We could not find a car park and kept roaming for 20 mins in the evening and finally parked roadside.
Next morning we did not take the car and took an auto instead. Very peaceful option.

After darshan we had breakfast at Marriot which was surprisingly reasonable. Breakfast buffet costed us 1000 bucks for 2 people including taxes.

Filled up at TVS BP, no shell available. I still had a range of 420KM when I was filling up, but I did not take chances and filled up..
Started at 11:30 a.m. and it was hot as hell by that time. Our first stop was at 2:00 P.M. and 240KM later at Sarvana bhavan before Salem and to our utter shock they did not serve coffee at that time. We had a heavy breakfast and were not keen on eating anything. we left the place without having anything.

Our second break was near some place 30 KM before Krishnagiri. The hotel was decent, coffee was decent. Onion bhajji was good and fresh. We had covered 320KM before we got our first coffee.
Started there at 4:30ish and reached back home at 6:00 non-stop.

The drive was awesome, Nexon performed without any issues. Both of us came out decently fresh both side of the journey. Only my knee started to hurt by the time I reached home. Mostly my bad seating posture to blame.
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 08:38   #2951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Guys! My 5month old Nexon XZA+ (D) just completed about 12k Kms.
Such a huge bulge at 12K kms is not normal. But since a huge nail has gone into it at an angle, it might have damaged the sidewall. Get in touch with your service center and raise a complaint. If you're lucky, you may get a replacement at a discount.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 17th February 2020 at 08:42.
Old 19th February 2020, 19:02   #2952
BHPian

I've booked the facelift XMA-Petrol and have decided to go for the 2+3 extended warranty. Do you guys think that an additional investment in gold AMC will be worth considering my annual run of 8-12k kms? I feel like the P2P plan should suffice. Thoughts?

Last edited by k.sumit : 19th February 2020 at 19:04.
Old 19th February 2020, 19:18   #2953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I've booked the facelift XMA-Petrol and have decided to go for the 2+3 extended warranty. Do you guys think that an additional investment in gold AMC will be worth considering my annual run of 8-12k kms? I feel like the P2P plan should suffice. Thoughts?
I see no value in AMC. Considering your drive per year you do not need any AMC. Any genuine issues should be covered in super extended warranty.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 21:19   #2954

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Do you guys think that an additional investment in gold AMC will be worth considering my annual run of 8-12k kms? I feel like the P2P plan should suffice. Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I see no value in AMC. Considering your drive per year you do not need any AMC.
Agree. Also to my understanding, AMC primarily covers labour and scheduled services. Any issues (& most parts) are not covered. So E.warranty + P2P (for wear-tear parts) brings best value.

How much does it cost for +3 EW? and P2P?
ascii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 22:05   #2955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post
OT How much does it cost for +3 EW? and P2P?
3 years EW for XMA Petrol is 21500 inclusive of GST and I am yet to get a quote for P2P. I feel the EW priced is a little on the higher side but will be worth the investment.
k.sumit is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks