Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2019, 16:51   #2836
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Yes you must. Most definitely recommended by me. The Primacy3ST are the best additions on my Nexon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
The first thing I notice is that she's wearing Goodyear shoes... Should I immediately update her to Michelins? My experience of changing over to Michelins in my old ride was a world of difference...
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 23:05   #2837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Should I immediately update her to Michelins?
Michelins are Highly recommended

Congratulations on your new ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post

You should consider to swap them with Michelin Primacy right away. This is the perfect opportunity for you to get the best buyback for those Goodyears.
My BIL too was very sceptic to go for the swap as it was costing 14k extra for the set of 4. But eventually i persuaded him to go for it, and we just had one ride from the showroom to home and back to the Tyre shop - but he was absolutely Wowed after the swap and agrees even today that it was worth every penny spent. The car became butter smooth and silent with much more grip, stability and handling.
Those Goodyears have some road noise which i thought was due to the noisy diesel engine. All that road noise was dead after the swap, better than even what i had expected.
After we swapped with Michelins - Just one full steering turn at standstill was enough to mark the difference, and the drive after that was absolutely satisfying.
You just have to do it to believe it mate.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4632549 (Tata Nexon : Official Review)
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 14:07   #2838
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I would like to upgrade the ICE on my Nexon XMA to a larger Touch screen panel, preferably without screwing up warranty and the dash! Anyone has done this yet? Any pointers?
Old 9th December 2019, 15:10   #2839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Guys, I would like to upgrade the ICE on my Nexon XMA to a larger Touch screen panel, preferably without screwing up warranty and the dash! Anyone has done this yet? Any pointers?
Go for an android headunit such as Hypersonic, I've it personally installed in both of my cars and it's worth the money. The fit and finish will be completely OEM in Nexon which other known brands like Sony or Pioneer won't be able to provide you. You can contact them for help and as I can see you live in Ghaziabad, you could just visit Karol Bagh market in Delhi on a day off to get it done. Let me know if you have any more questions.
shivamk11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 09:40   #2840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Go for an android headunit such as Hypersonic, I've it personally installed in both of my cars and it's worth the money. The fit and finish will be completely OEM in Nexon which other known brands like Sony or Pioneer won't be able to provide you. You can contact them for help and as I can see you live in Ghaziabad, you could just visit Karol Bagh market in Delhi on a day off to get it done. Let me know if you have any more questions.
That is right. Other than Hypersonic there are quite a few other options also now available with a custom fit panel for Nexon giving a factory fit-finish & look.

@roy_libran - Have a look on YouTube, there are quite a few videos available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
As for warranty - generally TML doesn't bother much for such installations. However - for your information, when technically going by the book of terms and conditions, whether wire is cut or not doesn't matter if the modification done is visible in clear sight. At places like Hyundai for example, even without a wire cut, if they see a new ICE installed - it is considered as an electrical modification & can be used to void the electrical warranty unless installed from Hyundai showroom. These are business gimmicks & totally depend on your relationship with the service team.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 12:33   #2841
BHPian

Had a Tank fill today. Nexon Diesel. Filled at Shell
FE as per MID: 20.4
FE as per T2T: 16 (error rate 27% approx)
FE as per mathematical calculation (Trip+DTE)/40.5: 16.2

Trip 478Km
DTE 177KM
Usage 100% city (average speed varying 14-20KMPL)
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 12:50   #2842
BHPian

Just gave my car for the First Service and waiting for it. The service rep was trying to sell me an underbody rust protection and a TATA Service protect plus. Are these worth it. The underbody protection is supposed to be for 4 years @3600/- and the Protect Plus @10k also 4 Years.

MOD NOTE:- Please do not put so many spaces between paragraphs / sentences.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th December 2019 at 10:01. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 11th December 2019, 10:15   #2843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriks View Post
Just gave my car for the First Service and waiting for it. The service rep was trying to sell me an underbody rust protection and a TATA Service protect plus. Are these worth it.
Underbody rust protection is surely worth every penny. I did that for my Safari when I bought the car. My car still has no rust underneath after so many years. The rubber paint also deadens sound.
Prowler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 09:42   #2844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriks View Post
Just gave my car for the First Service and waiting for it. The service rep was trying to sell me an underbody rust protection and a TATA Service protect plus. Are these worth it. The underbody protection is supposed to be for 4 years @3600/- and the Protect Plus @10k also 4 Years.
I have always got UB rust protection done on all my cars. Whether its really needed or not in our climate I don't really know. But it sure does its job. Never faced any rusting even after almost a decade of use. The coat is pretty thick & also provides good sound insulation as a byproduct which is really worth it.

The quote given is quite reasonable at 3.6k. Go for it. As for the ProtectPlus, does that mean P2P plan where they cover for many part replacements etc during those 4 years? A lot of fellow Nexon owners have opted for it & are very happy since their service bills remain very low.

I'm sitting on the fence about it so far. Looking at the part replacements being done on the cars of these Nexonites I have started suspecting that the P2P is being used by dealerships to unnecessarily change parts & get money from TML. Customers don't object & are happy with the replacements since they are pretty much "free" anyway. But I don't like things getting changed when they are not broken.

Mostly I'll opt for the P2P anyway, but only because I have a clear long standing relationship with the workshop staff & they generally are scared of touching my car for anything other than what I ask for.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 12:29   #2845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Underbody rust protection is surely worth every penny. I did that for my Safari when I bought the car. My car still has no rust underneath after so many years. The rubber paint also deadens sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I have always got UB rust protection done on all my cars. Whether its really needed or not in our climate I don't really know. But it sure does its job. Never faced any rusting even after almost a decade of use. The coat is pretty thick & also provides good sound insulation as a byproduct which is really worth it.

The quote given is quite reasonable at 3.6k. Go for it. As for the ProtectPlus, does that mean P2P plan where they cover for many part replacements etc during those 4 years? A lot of fellow Nexon owners have opted for it & are very happy since their service bills remain very low.

I'm sitting on the fence about it so far. Looking at the part replacements being done on the cars of these Nexonites I have started suspecting that the P2P is being used by dealerships to unnecessarily change parts & get money from TML. Customers don't object & are happy with the replacements since they are pretty much "free" anyway. But I don't like things getting changed when they are not broken.

Mostly I'll opt for the P2P anyway, but only because I have a clear long standing relationship with the workshop staff & they generally are scared of touching my car for anything other than what I ask for.
Yes got the underbody protection done on the car. Not to sure about the noise insulation. Didn't really feel much of a difference. Yes, its the P2P protection, was not really interested in it until I saw clutch mentioned in it. The guy said clutch replacement would normally come close to 20k and this is 9.4k. Was torn, considering Automatic clutch is supposed to be more expensive. Thought I will reconsider on the 6th month service.
Old 12th December 2019, 17:30   #2846
Senior - BHPian

Nexon ICE upgrade:

I did not want to mess with the stock HU, so went with a DSP setup. Items that went into this upgrade.

Processor : Pioneer DEQ-S1000A
Front : JBL GTO 609C Components
Rear : JBL GTO 629 Coaxials
4 channel amp : Focal Auditor+ AP4340 SI
Mono amp : Focal Solid 1
Subwoofer : Focal Performance Sub P 30
Damping : DrArtex Iridium
Wiring : Gladen

Iam totally satisfied with the upgrade, the difference between stock setup and this is day and night. Now the sound is crystal clear with tight punchy bass(not the jarring kind).

Some pics:
Tata Nexon : Official Review-1-1.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-1-2.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-1-3.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-14-rotated.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-15-rotated.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-1-6.jpg

DSP is tightly secured to the firewall and only heat-shrink wrap was used(no insulation tape).
Tata Nexon : Official Review-1-7.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-1-8.jpg

Amplifiers placed under front seats.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-1-9.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-1-10.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-d.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 13th December 2019 at 23:30. Reason: 2 x pictures rotated.
badboyscad is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 10:07   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Nexon ICE upgrade:
The set-up looks tempting. I own an XZ+ and i am pretty satisfied with the stock set-up. The only think that i miss is proper damping. The doors rattle a bit when the volume is raised and i totally hate it. Do you mind sharing cost for just the Damping? I am thinking of getting this done but have very limited knowledge on the subject. Any other Damping brands that you are aware of?
Old 13th December 2019, 19:04   #2848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
The doors rattle a bit when the volume is raised and i totally hate it.
You might wanna check the stock speakers too. The "surround/suspension" part on one of my stock speakers was already(my nexon is just 9months old) torn.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-anatomy.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Do you mind sharing cost for just the Damping? I am thinking of getting this done but have very limited knowledge on the subject. Any other Damping brands that you are aware of?
Damping costed me 1800 per door. Regarding brands, you could also try going with Dampmat Exceed.

Last edited by badboyscad : 13th December 2019 at 19:08.
badboyscad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 10:31   #2849
BHPian

Guys any clue what can be the best OTR cost for petrol xza+ of a 2019 end manufactured car in Jan 20'? A showroom in Andheri quoted me 11.50 on road.
Old 14th December 2019, 10:53   #2850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Guys any clue what can be the best OTR cost for petrol xza+ of a 2019 end manufactured car in Jan 20'? A showroom in Andheri quoted me 11.50 on road.
Is this petrol or diesel? If its Diesel then the price is excellent. Petrol I'm not too sure try to ensure you can get Dual Tone in that price. Also please goto the stock yard and see the car they are offering. Carry a checklist of the features and ensure they are as listed. Especially that 7 inch screen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks