Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2017, 12:50   #211
BHPian

Oh yes, sorry you are correct. I miss took you for RavenAvi. Thanks for the reply.
Old 28th October 2017, 18:14   #212
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Pic Courtesy - My friend Ranapratap RajkumarNaidu

Attachment 1689742

Edit - Suspiciously, even at higher triple digit speeds, the pic was showing an instantaneous FE of 30 kmph and I noticed the same shown in all the pictures, from low to high speeds. Anyone else noticing the same?
In Tiago how the inst. FE bar works is based on the amount of acclerator input applied, so since the same mid is used in Nexon, I think that the inst FE bar was reading 30 cause he must have taken his foot of the acclerator to take the picture, else it definitely would be at 3/4th position or lower.
Sam_GTR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 21:03   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Are there any pics anywhere of the different colors in dual-tone combination ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Meanwhile, he is also munching miles at a very fast pace, with almost 6500 kms on the odo already.
@CD, any feedback on how the car is during extended city runs in regular-to-heavy traffic ?
Old 28th October 2017, 21:47   #214
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Are there any pics anywhere of the different colors in dual-tone combination ?
BHPian Enobarbus's Moroccan Blue dual tone Nexon. This colour pops out very well under the sun. It kind of stands out on the road, it's a very unique blue. @Enobarbus Congrats bro !
Name:  20171028 21.29.16.png
Views: 14404
Size:  505.7 KB

The media car of our official review in Vermont Red dual tone.
Name:  20171028 21.29.41.png
Views: 13115
Size:  539.5 KB

AFAIK only these two colours are available with the dual tone option.

Last edited by OSH : 28th October 2017 at 21:49.
OSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 21:57   #215
BHPian

Forgot to do PDI on the manual. Just one of the Tata niggles.
Just in case it is not clear, the cover is bound the wrong way.
Old 29th October 2017, 10:40   #216
Senior - BHPian

Pretty detailed feature review of XT variant (in Hindi)
Latheesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 15:30   #217
BHPian

Took delivery of my Glasgow Grey XZ+ . Here are a few pics and observations.

Pic1 and 2.: Owners Manual with covers bound the wrong way. #TataNiggles
Pics 3 to 6: Car Pics
Pic 7: Tata Marketing and Engineering don't talk to each other. Glasgow Grey is Sky Grey here.
Pic 8: Gear lever fouls with phone if the phone is kept in a certain way.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171028_214254.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171028_214409.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171029_091333.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171029_091405.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171029_094633.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171029_101039.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171029_142806.jpg  

Attached Images

Kommandogerät is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 18:27   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandogerät View Post

Pic 7: Tata Marketing and Engineering don't talk to each other. Glasgow Grey is Sky Grey here.
Congratulations on the purchase! Some excellent observations there.

I guess you should get the manual exchanged.
Old 30th October 2017, 08:19   #219
BHPian

Quote:

Hello Kommandogerat, Congratulations for your new car.

You seem to have forgotten to photoshop "team-bhp" on the front number plate in the third picture as equivalent to the Owners manual having cover bound the wrong way should I say. Nevertheless, what's wrong stays wrong.

Which location is this? Glasgow Grey is what is used in all marketing brochures, adverts etc. Cant be anything specific to your location. If you are referring to the stickers then the car is also called Ospery there, which was the earlier codename for Nexon. These would therefore be old stickers.
What does your Booking receipt and Invoice state? Also what would the Registration documents state?
I hope you wanted this same color when you booked, if so, then it means that the marketing and engineering and delivery team talk to each other.

Your observation regards the phone, well, why would you place it that way and publicize that it is fouling? It is not meant to be placed that way.
IMHO this is irrelevant to be posted and perhaps you should remove it. This brings bad publicity to the Car for no reason.
mahen_narang is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 08:24   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your car. This seems to be the favourite colour in the forum I guess. Will be good if you can share detailed decision making process before selecting the Nexon and of course the XZ+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Your observation regards the phone, well, why would you place it that way and publicize that it is fouling? It is not meant to be placed that way.
Kind of agree with you. With different phone sizes and various positions in which it can be placed, this kind of a problem can possibly be replicated in almost any car ! Understandable if that was the only place to keep the phone AND it was narrow enough to place the phone lenghtwise only. That doesn't seem to be the case
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 08:37   #221
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Kommandogerät. Awesome color. Infact I like the Nexon in all the colors except Silver. wish you many miles of merry motoring.

I keep my phone on the sliding door; it is the perfect place for the phone.

Last edited by Enobarbus : 30th October 2017 at 08:43.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 08:39   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Classy sliding shutter covers this storage box. Opening handle of the sliding lid falls below the center armrest - a design flaw. Makes it inconvenient to reach. You'll find yourself lifting the armrest to open the compartment:

Space in the storage compartment is enormous! It has two cupholders and the grooves you see inside are intended to act as adapters for future fittings (Tata said so). Big hands will find this space to be too deep & narrow:

That is not really a design flaw. With the current setup, you have both the arm rest and a cubby-hole with sliding cover.

The other options were:
1) Keep Arm rest. Close out the rear part of this storage ( the section of the storage that overlaps with the arm rest). This would reduce the storage.

2) Keep the arm rest and retain the storage as it is now. Re-design the sliding cover. Any other design of the sliding cover would have meant that the cover does not retract fully. And a partially opening cover would have been criticized.

The only other option could have been to let the cover move from front to back, but we dont know what is there under-neath the console below this section which could have prevented this kind of realignment. A front to back movement would have been natural too.

Now for a car that has been thought out so well, I will give the benefit of doubt that there was some issue cause of which this re-alignment was not opted for. No delcaration from my side Unless the design team owns up to this . Till then, for me, it is only a possible design flaw.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 09:49   #223
Senior - BHPian

I'm perfectly comfortable keeping my phone on top of the Tambour door. Doesn't foul in any way. Co-passenger uses the bin. Picked up two phone holders in Dubai which I plan to use on the dash/AC louvres. Bought original sparco door sill protector/steering grip as well. Will post pics soon.

Mis-printing/binding is really a mistake and not Niggle as tagged. But a mistake is a mistake, no doubt. Anyways, the car is brilliant and niggle free. That should count!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
That is not really a design flaw.

Last edited by bblost : 30th October 2017 at 13:31. Reason: fixed quote tag.
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 09:53   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here's a solution for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm perfectly comfortable keeping my phone on top of the Tambour door. Doesn't foul in any way.
@Sebring, that's simple !
Old 30th October 2017, 10:30   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Hello Kommandogerat, Congratulations for your new car.

You seem to have forgotten to photoshop "team-bhp" on the front number plate in the third picture as equivalent to the Owners manual having cover bound the wrong way should I say. Nevertheless, what's wrong stays wrong.

Which location is this? Glasgow Grey is what is used in all marketing brochures, adverts etc. Cant be anything specific to your location. If you are referring to the stickers then the car is also called Ospery there, which was the earlier codename for Nexon. These would therefore be old stickers.
What does your Booking receipt and Invoice state? Also what would the Registration documents state?
I hope you wanted this same color when you booked, if so, then it means that the marketing and engineering and delivery team talk to each other.

IMHO this is irrelevant to be posted and perhaps you should remove it. This brings bad publicity to the Car for no reason.

There is no Sky Grey color option available for as far as I know. The other greyish color is Seattle Silver. This is probably the color name used by the engineering team, who continue to use the Osprey code name for the car too. Marketing changes too many things at the last minute. The picture is of a stray sticker lying in the car and was probably used to tag the chassis during painting. These are minor things and don't really take away the fact that the Nexon is in-fact a great vehicle. All my documents say Glasgow Grey.

I also did not pay too much attention to the fouling part, but when I connect to Android Auto using the cable, I find that the phone naturally resting to approximately that position, unless I purposefully arrange it horizontally, in which case I have to wrap the cables neatly. I agree this is probably nit picking but I found myself realizing that the phone is fouling about three over the last two days. It is especially bad with the Samsung S8. While it is not a design fault as you rightly said, it is something that you need to be aware of.

As condor says, A front to back movement of the tambour mechanism would have been ideal and it would have allowed us to slip the phones in the storage area when it is connected via a cable.
I guess I will get used to keeping the phone in a way that the fouling does not occur.
Overall the car is great. Even the eco mode really does not feel bad in normal traffic. It is pretty capable on the highway, though I did not push it too much as I will wait till the run in period is done.
I had people looking inside the car at signals and on the highway. A lot of head turns by bikers and car passengers. Curious enquiries at food malls and parking lots.
There was a guy who was like "Tata!!?" and went to the back of the car see the logo to verify that it was indeed a Tata.

The delivery experience was okay. I did not want to rush things so opted for a delivery after Diwali, however the accessories I had asked for could not be sourced on time, so I took the delivery without the accessories and will pick them up once they come in. I have been told that it would take 3 to 4 hours to get the accessories fitted.

I would definitely recommend this car to anybody. Any criticism is aimed to help Tata improve. Have quite some Tata Motors shares.
Kommandogerät is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks