Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2019, 06:42   #2146
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Not sure about deletion of features but as per official website the prices for XZA+ petrol dual tone remain same as of now(9.88L ex-showroom). Even I test drove the Nexon AMT mid March and the SA tried pushing me to book ASAP stating the prices would go up.

Congratulations on your new steed. Wish you many happy miles with it. It's an amazing all round product.

Only if it had a TC box nstead of AMT, would have landed in my garage as well
Thanks for your wishes.
Yesterday I went to Concorde to formally cancel the booking, I had to give the physical copy of booking receipt. Even they told they haven’t received any official communication for price hike.
I upfront told them they are the losers as they had confirmed for price hike. They lost a customer for this rumour.

The SA mentioned the insurance premium may go up this year again. I am sure with election nearing government will not allow this.
Old 3rd April 2019, 12:11   #2147
BHPian

[quote=skumare;4568890]Just long press the (middle of) volume knob to shut the radio. If you do this anytime before switching off the engine, it will not start the radio next time you switch on the engine.

Thanks, this was a pain point and i was looking for an answer from long
Old 3rd April 2019, 15:51   #2148
BHPian

Guys a few questions here for fellow Nexon users.

1. What is the use of rotary knob on the wiper switch. Twisting the knob starts the wipers and the speed can be altered with it which is fine but there is another small rotary knob on the wiper switch arm which i am not able to decide what its purpose is. Can anybody help here in this case. I had asked SA long time ago when i took my car for service and he was not sure himself and couldn't give any satisfying answer. I haven't used that knob since then just to see how it works but just yesterday it stuck my mind again what should be its use.

2. Another question i have is that why does only 1 light works normally if not used as fog light. If the fog lamp setting is off the light below the main console shows only 1 light illuminating and not both at the same time. Is it supposed to work like that or some malfunction has crept in.

Hope i will get some answers for the above questions.
Old 3rd April 2019, 17:22   #2149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Guys a few questions here for fellow Nexon users.

Hope i will get some answers for the above questions.
Ans to point 1:
That rotary knob is used to change the speed of wipe when you put it in intermittent mode. If you turn it to downmost position it will cause maximum delay between two wipes. Of course, you have to ensure that Wiper is turned on.

Ans to point 2:
That is a feature called Cornering Assist Light.
When your fog lamps are OFF and headlights are ON then whenever you turn your steering the single fog lamp corresponding to turning direction of steering wheel turns ON. This is to help you see some more area in direction of turn.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 18:41   #2150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
2. Another question i have is that why does only 1 light works normally if not used as fog light. If the fog lamp setting is off the light below the main console shows only 1 light illuminating and not both at the same time. Is it supposed to work like that or some malfunction has crept in.

Here is the answer quoted from the first post of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Foglamps with chrome surrounds and black housings look neat. They work as cornering lamps by lighting up in the direction of the steering wheel.
Old 4th April 2019, 12:02   #2151
BHPian

Guys anyone upgraded the Headlights for Nexon, the low beam seems inadequate. I was thinking Osram Nightbreaker 90W. Is this plug and play or we will need to split wires. Not keen on voiding warranty

Any other brands suggested?
Old 4th April 2019, 17:32   #2152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Guys anyone upgraded the Headlights for Nexon, the low beam seems inadequate. I was thinking Osram Nightbreaker 90W. Is this plug and play or we will need to split wires. Not keen on voiding warranty

Any other brands suggested?
You will need to put in a relay which is a plug and play affair. No wire cutting.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 13:18   #2153
Senior - BHPian

Finally took the plunge and bought a Tata vehicle for the first time. Primary reason for choosing the Nexon was obviously the safety rating and VFM.

Replaced the puny 6J steel rims and 195 tires to 7J alloys/Michelin primacy 215. More pics here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4572866 (The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!)

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190325_150421.jpg

vinyl wrapped b pillar and window pane.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nex01.jpg

3M anti rust treatment and Silencer coating treatment done.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190409_155635.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190409_155656.jpg

Last edited by badboyscad : 10th April 2019 at 13:21.
badboyscad is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 18:45   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKiloSierra9 View Post
Hello All!
I've been a Nexon XZA+(P) owner for the last 8 months. On 17th March 2019, I was travelling from Mathura to Delhi when after driving just a few kilometres I noticed that the car wasn't upshifting from 3rd gear. I then pulled over and tried restarting the car but the gearbox just died on me. It just wouldn't shift from Neutral to Drive and neither would it transfer to manual tiptronic.
I called Tata Roadside Assistance and asked them to tow the car to the service centre and then called myself a taxi to drop me to the airport. I returned yesterday and asked for the status of my car. The TASS (Nawal Motors, Mathura) informed that they couldn't fix the issue and have wrote to their superiors and now some Tata engineers from Pune would come to repair the car.
I'll update this post as I get more information.

Have their been any previous cases of the gearbox failure? Please also advise on what I should do on my part.
So, finally after 3 long weeks of waiting, I finally got the car back from the TASS. The issue was resolved as follows:
  • The TASS had no idea what the cause of problem was or where to start looking from as according to them, it was their first case of AMT failure in a Nexon. So they contacted their superiors at Pune and asked them to help out. They were told to change the baseplate and see if it works out. They were promptly sent the part by air and within 4 days had it installed. But it failed to resolve the issue.
  • The clutch didn't seem to disengage. So they replaced the clutch plate even though I told them the car is just 8 months old and the clutch plate would barely have any wear. But they changed it anyways. That didn't solve the problem either
  • With no solution in sight they decided to replace the complete AMT module. It took 2 weeks to arrive and costs Rs. 1,03,000 (not billed to me, obviously). They replaced the faulty AMT module and took a test drive. It worked out! They drove it for about 50km to check for any faults.
I got a call this morning to come and collect the car. Before signing the delivery form, I asked the Service manager to come with me for a test ride. And I was blown away. The gearshifts were butter-smooth. In fact, I felt that the gearshifts were smoother than they were when I first received the car new.

Overall, I had a positive experience with the Tata Service. I was hesitant earlier because I hadn't heard many good things about Tata Service. Also, due to Holi the service got delayed in the beginning. As a courtesy, Tata has offered me upto Rs. 1200 in
travelling costs per day if I produce the taxi receipts which is unheard of where I live.

I am attaching a photo of the faulty AMT module and the baseplate for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190410wa0010.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190410wa0011.jpg  

PapaKiloSierra9 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 20:36   #2155
BHPian

I got a call from K.H.T Motors today asking me to bring the car in to check for faulty wiper wash tank. They'll replace it for free if found faulty.

Anyone else got a similar call?
Old 10th April 2019, 21:11   #2156
BHPian

Quote:
With no solution in sight they decided to replace the complete AMT module. It took 2 weeks to arrive and costs Rs. 1,03,000 (not billed to me, obviously). They replaced the faulty AMT module and took a test drive. It worked out! They drove it for about 50km to check for any faults.
This sounds worrying to me, since I have observed my XZA P hesitant in downshifts from 2nd to 1st gear from last week. And today afternoon the amber check engine light turned on. I called up the toll-free assistance number since it was beyond the working hours of the service center. After 10 mins of waiting for technical help to come on the phone, I was told that it was a known software issue and nothing mechanical (which seems to have been the case a couple of instances in this thread).
I will be able to take the car to the service center only on the weekend and hope it holds up till then.
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 21:22   #2157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
This sounds worrying to me, since I have observed my XZA P hesitant in downshifts from 2nd to 1st gear from last week. And today afternoon the amber check engine light turned on. I called up the toll-free assistance number since it was beyond the working hours of the service center. After 10 mins of waiting for technical help to come on the phone, I was told that it was a known software issue and nothing mechanical (which seems to have been the case a couple of instances in this thread).
I will be able to take the car to the service center only on the weekend and hope it holds up till then.
This is how my trouble started. The car wouldn't upshift or downshift from 3rd gear. However, what was the cause of this failure is still unknown. This is a serious issue and I hope Tata would pay heed to such issues so that in future people can recognise the symptoms and get the issue fixed in time
Old 11th April 2019, 12:47   #2158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
This sounds worrying to me, since I have observed my XZA P hesitant in downshifts from 2nd to 1st gear from last week. And today afternoon the amber check engine light turned on.
Quote:
This is how my trouble started. The car wouldn't upshift or downshift from 3rd gear. However, what was the cause of this failure is still unknown. This is a serious issue and I hope Tata would pay heed to such issues so that in future people can recognise the symptoms and get the issue fixed in time
I got the time to get my car checked at service center today. This turned out to be a simple issue. Apparently the check engine turns on for a few hours if the car is cranked (by push button) 2 or 3 times without depressing the brake pedal. This is exactly what had happened when my relative had borrowed my car day before yesterday, since he was not familiar with key-less start.
In fact the check engine light was off when I started the car today morning to take it to service center, but I went for a check up regardless.
nma83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 13:46   #2159
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think you should be worrying much about this now. Tata sources the AMT module from Magneti Marelli, which it has been supplying to Maruti as well and the units are fairly reliable. Your's in a one-off case that is resolved now. Just enjoy your car and take the extended warranty, if you have not taken it yet.

I speak this from experience of owning a Tata Zest XMA for 3 years and 95k kms without any transmission related issue.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 14:28   #2160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Before signing the delivery form, I asked the Service manager to come with me for a test ride. And I was blown away. The gearshifts were butter-smooth. In fact, I felt that the gearshifts were smoother than they were when I first received the car new.
Does one need to check the date of manufacturing for each part of Tata vehicle now? People do check the VIN for 5 star Nexons but these type of issues and their resolution show the need for each and every part. The AMT you got as a replacement seems to be of an improved version. Otherwise how come you feel the gearshifts are better than the original part?
I am scared to consider Tata as my next car since I keep on traveling a lot and a breakdown at remote location may not have support like Maruti or atleast Hyundai.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 11th April 2019 at 14:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks