Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2019, 11:39   #2116
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post

I got news that Tata nexon price will be increased about 25K from April. Concorde says they will try to invoice in March and delivery in April, I told them to provide in writing which they have agreed. However its been 8 days I have booked and still don't have VIN number allocated.
Other dealer has red in stock though our colour of choice is Grey and red is just acceptable.
The problem is with increase in price we will have to pay the TCS as well. so the net increase will be higher than 25K.

Is it wise to invoice in March and wait for delivery or take what is in stock
This has happened to a friend’s Nexon too. They obtained delivery only after about a month but they could get the vehicle in the colour and date of their choice. Is the red colour really a deal breaker?
If you really cannot digest the colour, you can get the roof wrapped from outside at less than 25K.
Do consider this point; it really improves the looks of the Nexon.
artemis_fowl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:43   #2117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, need help,

I got news that Tata nexon price will be increased about 25K from April.
Is it wise to invoice in March and wait for delivery or take what is in stock
Yes, this will effectively increase your price by a considerable amount. Better to take whats in stock and make peace with the colour (which in my view is not a very significant compromise given that the car itself remains the same mechanically). This is the issue with March end bookings - dealers of popular models tend to run out of stock by the 4th week of the month, because cars are picked up at a quick pace due to either good discounts or in your case, insignificant discounts but impending price hike.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 12:59   #2118
BHPian

The issue is, Concorde motors have shared the VIN number allocated to me.
KHT motors say they have a grey nexon XZ+ and that was allocated to another customer and that customer is delaying delivery so we can give this to you.
Prerna motor say they have one in stock different colour.

That's a big confusion for me. Somehow not convinced with the KHT offer of giving someone else's car

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Yes, this will effectively increase your price by a considerable amount. Better to take whats in stock and make peace with the colour (which in my view is not a very significant compromise given that the car itself remains the same mechanically). This is the issue with March end bookings - dealers of popular models tend to run out of stock by the 4th week of the month, because cars are picked up at a quick pace due to either good discounts or in your case, insignificant discounts but impending price hike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis_fowl View Post
This has happened to a friend’s Nexon too. They obtained delivery only after about a month but they could get the vehicle in the colour and date of their choice. Is the red colour really a deal breaker?
If you really cannot digest the colour, you can get the roof wrapped from outside at less than 25K.
Do consider this point; it really improves the looks of the Nexon.
The big confusion for me,
1. Concorde motors have shared the VIN number allocated to me but non commitial on price protection
2. KHT motors say they have choice of variant and color, it belonged to another customer who is delaying taking delivery and they can give that car to me. As per VIN it is Feb 2019 model, unlikely to be a TD vehicle. They are asking to invoice today itself, which I felt fishy.
3. Prerna has red in stock.

Wife not convienced with KHT motors so I am stuck.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th March 2019 at 13:59. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 25th March 2019, 13:52   #2119
BHPian

From what i understand, the prices for Nexon won't go up by 25k. The news is for the brand and not for Nexon. My guess is that 25k will be hiked on higher priced models like Hexa and Harrier. While, the Nexon will see a jump of 10-15k at max.

But anyways, it is always advisable to beat the price hike if someone is already considering buying the product. I think you can go for the red color option being offered by Prerna if it is not a deal breaker. IMO Nexon looks best in Blue or Red.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 14:18   #2120
BHPian

Hello All!
I've been a Nexon XZA+(P) owner for the last 8 months. On 17th March 2019, I was travelling from Mathura to Delhi when after driving just a few kilometres I noticed that the car wasn't upshifting from 3rd gear. I then pulled over and tried restarting the car but the gearbox just died on me. It just wouldn't shift from Neutral to Drive and neither would it transfer to manual tiptronic.
I called Tata Roadside Assistance and asked them to tow the car to the service centre and then called myself a taxi to drop me to the airport. I returned yesterday and asked for the status of my car. The TASS (Nawal Motors, Mathura) informed that they couldn't fix the issue and have wrote to their superiors and now some Tata engineers from Pune would come to repair the car.
I'll update this post as I get more information.

Have their been any previous cases of the gearbox failure? Please also advise on what I should do on my part.
PapaKiloSierra9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 14:50   #2121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
From what i understand, the prices for Nexon won't go up by 25k. The news is for the brand and not for Nexon. My guess is that 25k will be hiked on higher priced models like Hexa and Harrier. While, the Nexon will see a jump of 10-15k at max.

But anyways, it is always advisable to beat the price hike if someone is already considering buying the product. I think you can go for the red color option being offered by Prerna if it is not a deal breaker. IMO Nexon looks best in Blue or Red.
The problem is even if it is a 20K hike, then TCS comes in the calculation and the total hit will be 35K
Old 25th March 2019, 15:09   #2122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The problem is even if it is a 20K hike, then TCS comes in the calculation and the total hit will be 35K
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post

The Petrol XZA+ Dual tone is currently 9,88,000 ex-showroom. Even 12k increase will see it breach 10L ex-showroom bringing in higher tax bracket+TCS for bangalore folks. But then I feel they will try to restrict it at 9,99,999
Old 25th March 2019, 15:12   #2123
BHPian

My Nexon completes one year in another week and insurance renewal is due.
What is the IDV that one should expect and what is the premium amount?
Can one bargain for raised IDV?

Mine is diesel XZ+
Old 25th March 2019, 15:21   #2124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
What is the IDV that one should expect and what is the premium amount? Can one bargain for raised IDV?
Your new IDV will be 90% of the last year's IDV. There is no point in asking for a higher IDV because the value is based on the ex-showroom price of the car, depreciated in fixed steps. Even if you get some one to give you higher IDV, you will only end up paying a higher premium but in the event of a full claim, you wont get the full increased IDV amount.
Old 26th March 2019, 21:50   #2125
BHPian

Finally moved our booking to another dealer as they have a car in stock for our Variant and color. XZ+ (D) Grey.
Saw the car and it seems to be fine albit a bit dirty asked them to clean it thoroughly. If no hic-ups we hope to make payment tomorrow and take delivery by 28_march.

I noted we are getting Goodyear tyres, did not check date of mfg, and I am not too glad about it. Good year are noisy.. I have seen few folks shifting to Michelin any other options that we have for Nexon standard size
Old 26th March 2019, 22:15   #2126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I noted we are getting Goodyear tyres, did not check date of mfg, and I am not too glad about it. Good year are noisy.. I have seen few folks shifting to Michelin any other options that we have for Nexon standard size
Had bad experience with goodyears. Had them on Santro. First one had side wall cut in 6 months. Others had multiple punctures in 2 years. Noise was not so much but I replaced them two years ago with michelins. They too had two punctures last year but in both cases the nails were massive in size. No complaints about michelins. Good choice to go for. Nice road grip and reduced braking distance.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 15:54   #2127
BHPian

Re: Cosmetic Mods

Hi Guys,
Painted the Whites in my Glasgow Grey Nexon and also debadged the rear.
The side and fog panels now match the matt black of B/C pillars and the rear is now Gloss Black.
This was done by Concorde, Andheri.
Let me know what you think.

Here's how it looks now:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-new-front.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-new-front-side.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-new-black-rear-side-nexon.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-new-black-rear-nexon.jpg

Some Monochrome:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-monochrome-1.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-monochrome-2.jpg

Rear at night:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-night-black-rear.jpg
driveanddrive is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 16:02   #2128
BHPian

Re: Cosmetic Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Hi Guys,
Painted the Whites in my Glasgow Grey Nexon and also debadged the rear.
The side and fog panels now match the matt black of B/C pillars and the rear is now Gloss Black.
This was done by Concorde, Andheri.
Let me know what you think.

Here's how it looks now:
Looks Fab. I am keen on doing the same probably at 3M. Just waiting for my Grey Nexon to be delivered.
I had similar ideas but the execution here looks good. Will show this to wife hopefully she will agree to this.

I was wondering if there is any other colour we can use say chrome line instead of white.. but black does look fab
Old 27th March 2019, 17:51   #2129
BHPian

I recently purchased a diesel XZA+ AMT which has now done 400kms.Everything feels good except for the annoying Android auto disconnection problem which I am yet to figure out.
I have also noticed a slight left to right rocking motion of the engine when I accelerate up to 40 km per hour. It is very faint that I assume most people would not notice it. I am wondering if it is due to the nature of the AMT implementation or is it due to the pistons which are tight and need to bed in. Has anyone else faced this issue?
Old 27th March 2019, 18:56   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Had bad experience with goodyears. Had them on Santro. First one had side wall cut in 6 months. Others had multiple punctures in 2 years. Noise was not so much but I replaced them two years ago with michelins. They too had two punctures last year but in both cases the nails were massive in size. No complaints about michelins. Good choice to go for. Nice road grip and reduced braking distance.
Only issue is price. Was checking with tyre dealers, they are quoting 26K post buyback of stock tyres for set of 4. This is for Michelin 3ST. That's quite pricey.
Other is Yokohama which will cost about 22-23K not sure if it is worth spending that much now.

Will yokohama earth 1 suit nexon (215/60/r16)

Last edited by aniyo : 27th March 2019 at 19:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks