Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2019, 16:08   #1906
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I have a basic question.
Will the 215/60 R16 fit on the Steel rims of XM model? You gave me a good idea.
You need to find the width of the Steel Rim
Refer this- https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/c...rim-size-chart
Quote:
What tire widths fit to my wheel/rim?
When replacing OEM tire with a wider aftermarket tire, width of the rim should be taken into account because each rim width corresponds to only a few tire widths.

For example, appropriate tire widths for 6.0" rim are: 175 mm, 185 mm, 195 mm and 205 mm. The minimum tire width 175 mm designates the safe tire width, 185mm and 195 mm are ideal tire widths and 205 mm is the maximum tire width. The maximum tire width is not ideal because the tire tread is wider than the inside rim bead. Equivalency table presented below may help you to make a rational decision about tire dimension you need for a given wheel/rim dimension.

Tire widths for a wheel/rim size chart - Equivalency table
Tire widths for a wheel/rim size chart shows what tire widths fit displayed wheel/rim sizes - shows tire width range for a given rim width: minimum, ideal and maximum tire widths (e.g. for an 7" wheel/rim, following tire widths can be fitted: 195, 205, 215 or 225).

For more rim dimensions and adequate tire dimensions (not just recommended tire widths) try out our Tire size for rim size/width calculator which tells you what tire sizes to pick - for any rim size.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20190111153205_chrome.jpg
Mounting wider or narrower tires outside of min/max values presented in this chart is not recommended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
(Michelins)Only drawback is the deep grooves...small stones get stuck every now and then... This causes irritating noise until you stop and remove them with something (typically the car key ).
Exactly !
I thought i was the only one doing this.
Lost count of how many times i have used my car keys to remove pebbles from the grooves of my XM2s

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobliss View Post
I believe the XM model comes with smaller rims which may not accommodate the 215/60. At least, this is what I was told by the sales guy in one of the show rooms in Chennai some time back. He also said warranty may get void. I didn't enquire further.
Usually the Warranty should be fine upto usage of 215/60/r16, if the Steel Rim width is 7.0 inches which can accomodate 215 comfortably.
Although regular Sales and Services guys have a habit of mostly discouraging modifications by using words like "MAYBE" very casually and without certainty.
So long as you are within the limits of Company Spec tyres for Higher Variants, it is within safe range to upgrade lower variants to that limit.
It is unlikely that the suspension setup would be tuned differently across Different variants of Mass Market cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Please check and let us know if it's only a light or does it also beep once after 80kmph and continuously beep after 120kmph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
And I also found out another feature in my car, not sure if it was there in earlier models - a HIGH SPEED warning light shows up on instrument cluster (right bottom) whenever car speed crosses 80kmph.
+1
My Nexon pops this SPEED LIMIT warning on MID with a single Beep on 80 Km/Hr and continuous Beeping after 120 Km/Hr.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20190108_161529.jpg
Didn't check how long it keeps beeping, as i just reached those speeds for few seconds to check. Will keep restraint until the first 1000 Km

As in the case of Driver and Passenger Seat Belts Warning, the Beeping STOPS after 2 mins.
Haven't checked if the same applies for Speed too.

P.S. Above Speedo Pic -
Silver Surfer cruising smoothly at 120 Km/Hr in SPORTS Mode at 2400 Rpm in 6th Gear. The Avg. FE is 19.8 and Instant FE is at Max 30.
How Cool is that ?

Silver Surfer Update:
Accessorized with Door Guards and Bumper Protectors
Parting with few shots.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20190111161426_gallery.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20190111161358_gallery.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20190111161315_gallery.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20190111162016_gallery.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20190111161116_gallery.jpg

Last edited by JS Kwt : 11th January 2019 at 16:15.
JS Kwt is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 14:53   #1907

Dear Patrons,

I have booked a Calgary White XZA+ with VIN MAT627165JLP51255.
I am yet to take delivery. I need you to tell me if this is a Five Star model and also guide me on what I should do for Pre Inspection before Delivery.

Also what are the do's and dont's before taking delivery and what checks should I carry.

I am also interested in knowing on what accessories that you recommend for dealers!
prashiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 18:04   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Quoting directly from the GNCAP website " This result is valid for all Nexon units produced as from December 7th,2018 (from VIN MAT627165JLP51255)".
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashiee View Post
I have booked a Calgary White XZA+ with VIN MAT627165JLP51255.
I am yet to take delivery. I need you to tell me if this is a Five Star model
This is the same VIN car mentioned on the GNCAP.
You must be getting the first 5 Star Nexon
Old 12th January 2019, 20:38   #1909

MAT627265JLN50440 sorry this is my VIN.
Calgary white XZA+
Old 12th January 2019, 21:09   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked a Calgary White XZA+ with VIN
I am yet to take delivery.
I need you to tell me if this is a Five Star model
Quote:
MAT627265JLN50440
... this is my VIN.
This vehicle is November 2018 make. Not a 5 star vehicle as per GNCAP notification.

To decode the VIN, follow this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post

Manufacturer: Tata Motors

VIN Characters: 17 (beginning with MAT...)

Decode:

10th character represents the YEAR of Manufacture
12th character represents the MONTH of Manufacture

An Example:

If your 10th VIN character is A, then it represents the Year - 2010
If your 12th VIN character is G, then it represents the Month - July
Quote:
Also what are the do's and dont's before taking delivery and what checks should I carry.
For the PDI info follow these threads -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-kulkarni.html (New Car PreDelivery Inspection List Part I, II, III and IV (by Kishor kulkarni))

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...heck-list.html (ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...car-india.html (ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India)

Quote:
I am also interested in knowing on what accessories that you recommend for dealers!
Chrome Strips and Mud Flaps.
I found the Front and Back - Chrome Strips worth taking from the dealer. As the original Chrome strip maintains its shine and quality better than aftermarket ones.

Seat Covers, if you like. Although its advisable to have a look at aftermarket options before fitting the limited Dealer choices.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd January 2019 at 10:42. Reason: trimming quoted post
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 22:20   #1911
Distinguished - BHPian

Took delivery of a Nexon XZA+ for my brother in law today. Apart from some back and forth on the colour choices, the whole process was pretty smooth. We had booked the red+grey dual tone and the cars in the yard, like the car in the review had the white stripes seperating the red and grey which personally we did not like. Fortunately looks like Tata has dropped that from the Dual Tones. So it is just the red and grey which makes it looks much better.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190112_172854.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 20:10   #1912
BHPian

My Nexon XZ+(Manual Diesel) arrived 2 days back and am completely awestruck with the initial Avg. Mileage with AC On.

1. Overall Kms Driven - 200 (mix of ECO and City Mode)

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_1245.jpg

2.Took for a Highway Ride in ECO Mode - 80kms

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_1244.jpg

Last edited by Johnnny : 13th January 2019 at 20:23.
Johnnny is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 00:44   #1913
BHPian

Do confirm those FE numbers through tank to tank method. Not saying that Nexon is bad at it but it's MID numbers are known to be quite ambitious.
Old 14th January 2019, 08:20   #1914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
My Nexon XZ+(Manual Diesel) arrived 2 days back and am completely awestruck with the initial Avg. Mileage with AC On.
Over promoted numbers. Check you FE after a few hundred kms and with a tankful- to tankful method to get the realistic numbers, which in all likelihood will be quite a bit lesser than what your MID shows.
Old 15th January 2019, 09:35   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Touched 22,000 Kms on the odo! Time for a checkup. The Concorde guys at Dairy Circle messed up my friend Arijit's gear throws after his last service, poor guy had to drive using only two gear options, 1st and 4th . Hope I'm lucky! Besides that, I have started taking our Nexon to exclusive bespoke events. And even now, I make it a point to park it myself and not give it to the valet.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7819.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 09:43   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
[/ATTACH]
As others have pointed out, don't go by the MID numbers as Nexon is very optimistic. My Nexon is nearing the 25k kms mark and i have measured the FE (T2T) at every tankful.

My conclusion: the MID is optimistic by 20% in my case. So, if the MID shows 25kmpl, i know its 20kmpl. I get anywhere between 16-20kmpl depending on my route, traffic and AC usage and i am perfectly fine with the mileage as it is a powerful engine, plus, the car is heavy.
Old 15th January 2019, 09:51   #1917
BHPian

Tata Nexon Kraz White colour launched – Delivery starts
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20190115101803_chrome.jpg

Launched exclusively in Tromso Black colour in September 2018, the Tata Nexon Kraz Edition now gets a new color called Calgary White.

Features on the Tata Nexon Kraz Calgary White will include 10 styling upgrades inside and out as is seen on the Tromso Black edition. On its stark white color scheme, it will also continue to sport new green accents across its exterior and interior makeup with dual tone roof on the exterior and a sonic silver roofliner inside. Exteriors will also sport Neo Green color on its ORVMs, wheels and front grille while Kraz or Kraz+ badging will be seen on its boot lid.

The Neo Green color scheme continues to its interiors with stitching on seats while the dashboard in piano black also sports Neo Green accents along with accents on its air vents. The doors, console and steering wheel is finished in piano black.

One of the first owners of the Nexon Kraz White colour.
Nexon Kraz Calgary White edition gets a 4 speaker Harman system, steering mounted controls while features also include automatic AC controls with vents at the rear and reverse parking sensors. There is no infotainment system offered on the Nexon Kraz.

Source

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd January 2019 at 10:43. Reason: minor formatting
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 09:52   #1918
Senior - BHPian

I tend to agree with you. My car showed 30KMPL on my last highway drive, so I know its between 25 and 27 KMPL. One guy's has got 32-35 KMPL on mid, in my 'Nexonites' group But since the figures - by themselves are impressive, I still have my grin intact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
My conclusion: the MID is optimistic by 20% in my case
Old 15th January 2019, 11:58   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I tend to agree with you. My car showed 30KMPL on my last highway drive, so I know its between 25 and 27 KMPL. One guy's has got 32-35 KMPL on mid, in my 'Nexonites' group But since the figures - by themselves are impressive, I still have my grin intact!
Isn't the MID limited only till 30 kmpl?

Atleast it was that way in mine.

My tankful calculation too is typically 75% of the MID reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Even I am of the opinion that Mid is limited to 30. But somebody in the group put up these figures, with pics and all (a month back). I'll see if I can retrieve those images.
I remember seeing a 42 kmpl MID during early Nexon days (late 2017) in one of the WhatsApp groups, but never raised with Tata Service guys.

Old 15th January 2019, 12:06   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Even I am of the opinion that Mid is limited to 30. But somebody in the group put up these figures, with pics and all (a month back). I'll see if I can retrieve those images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Isn't the MID limited only till 30 kmpl?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks