Team-BHP - Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/190607-volkswagen-tiguan-official-review-56.html)

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TSI 5-seater spied testing in India . Likely to be assembled in India. Launching in second quarter of 2021.

Quote:

a Tiguan base variant with a front-wheel-driven, 150PS 1.5 TSI is also being considered for India.
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-2021vwtiguan1.5tsiindia1.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-2021vwtiguan1.5tsiindia3.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-2021vwtiguan1.5tsiindia2.jpg

Quote:

has now been spotted testing in India wearing an updated styling comprising of pulled back headlights with a sharper outline and more prominent daytime running lights and LED projector-beam lamps and a new front bumper with a sportier air intake design. The rear end gets mildly revised detailing for the taillights, reprofiled bumper design and a new spaced lettering format for the Tiguan badging. The side profile continues to have the clean, straight lines, but the alloys don a different design.
The model makes a comeback with a 2.0 TSI capable of delivering 190PS, similar to the engine seen in the larger Tiguan AllSpace. It will come with the 7-speed DSG automatic with paddle shifters, mated to VW's 4MOTION all-wheel-drive.

Link

Is The Tiguan likely to be re launched in 2021 as a 5 seater?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHorse (Post 4984706)
Came across an issue with rear left grab handle. The spring and support plastic knob came apart which makes the grab handle dangling (doesn't soft close)

Seems like a known issue:https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewt...=5629&start=20

VW SA mentioned entire part needs to be replaced which would cost 4500/- INR including tax and labor.

Rest of the world is saying replaced and covered under warranty. Writing to VW India Customer Service for the clarification

Anybody faced this issue?

Even my 2018 tiguan has the same issue. Front Left side hand grab is not closing though its not come off. Please do let know if volkswagen replaces this under warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle View (Post 4995645)
Even my 2018 tiguan has the same issue. Front Left side hand grab is not closing though its not come off. Please do let know if volkswagen replaces this under warranty.

It was a marathon to get this replaced under warranty. Write to VW service about the issue and refer to those VW official documents and websites for them to understand, basically educate them.

Thanks to fluidicjoy for sharing the document which clarifies the issue and instruct the workshop to replace under warranty

My Tiguan had a trouble of showing airbag error. Sadly it was a rat bite, on front driver side sensor wire did cut, and VW Rajajinagar able to fix it within a day with wiring done. Luckily the rat bite was only with that wire, it would have been much more difficultly situation if other electronics were damaged.

The cost of repair was 3k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHorse (Post 4995678)
It was a marathon to get this replaced under warranty. Write to VW service about the issue and refer to those VW official documents and websites for them to understand, basically educate them.

Even my car rear left handle had broken and in last service they did order the part and during this visit they fixed it, under warranty. Overall it was trouble free replacement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokii_83 (Post 4954189)
I notice that when engine is ON, the tailgate doesn't close smoothly (unlike closing smoothly, locking with small delay, the tailgate moves/closes and locks without delay, ending with a small thud), its consistent behaviour. However when engine is OFF, it works as expected almost all times, rarely able to reproduce this. This I noticed post last service.
Did anyone else encountered same, should I be addressed this urgently?

Thank you.

At service center, we have tested this again in 2 Comfortline Tiguans and we observed same observations as I posted above. However with a Highline model, we could not see this behaviour, it worked as expected.

The SA failed to provide an explanation nor a promise of a solution for now. I too said that, will ask this with few more Tiguan owners. Can anyone here check this behaviour.

Friends, need urgent help. Looking to grab a pre owed 1 year old Tiguan TDI highline, 14k odo. How much should I pay for it? Also, I have a concern about the ride quality. Can something be done to improve it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudo_coder (Post 4996717)
Friends, need urgent help. Looking to grab a pre owed 1 year old Tiguan TDI highline, 14k odo. How much should I pay for it? Also, I have a concern about the ride quality. Can something be done to improve it?

Hello,

I have been using my vehicle since a year and it is now 13,000 km on the odo. Ride quality is very good and I have not felt any sort of discomfort. With regard to the price, what are the prices being quoted? If it is a 2019 model, anything upto Rs. 25 lakhs is a good price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokii_83 (Post 4996630)
My Tiguan had a trouble of showing airbag error. Sadly it was a rat bite, on front driver side sensor wire did cut, and VW Rajajinagar able to fix it within a day with wiring done. Luckily the rat bite was only with that wire, it would have been much more difficultly situation if other electronics were damaged.

The cost of repair was 3k.

During the lockdown my Tiguan has suffered rat intrusions on multiple occasions. I have got ABS & ESP warning lights, my front and rear washers had stopped functioning, once the brakes had got locked and on yet another occasion the ignition button failed. All of this was fully or partially ascribed to the rat by the endearing service centre team. And altogether, I must have paid Rs. 20,000 for all of this. And got the car onto a flatbed at least twice, including me pushing it in raging monsoons onto the towing vehicle. At my end, I tried to repel the rat by sprinkling essential oil of mint on each of the 4 tyres and placing rat poison cakes daily, but what worked was the society resuming its lapsed pest control contract. Basically the car did not let me sit still during the lockdown. clap:

Hi All: Just an update from my side.
My stock hankook tires was nearly worn out after 37 K KMs. Would have done a few K KMs, thought of replacing it as I generally don't compromise on tires and brakes. When I checked in the market for replacement (stock size 215/65/r17 - Comfortline), I couldn't find any for the stock tires in Bangalore. The closest upsize was 235/60/r17 and only Michellin was available and costed around 18.5 K per tire. Finally chose Pirelli Scorpion 225/65/r17 for around 13.9 K per tyre. It's not ideal but below the +-2% error.
What I heard from all dealers is that apart from Yokohama no other big manufactures has stock due to the regulatory policy in India.
The comfort has increased from earlier. Noticed some decrease in the agility with which the car picks up the speed. Not too much, but yes, it's noticeable.

This is now confirmed on the VW india website as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhalu (Post 4995587)
Is The Tiguan likely to be re launched in 2021 as a 5 seater?

VW has just launched updated Tiguan in Australia. At present it comes with only one engine option and it is 1.4l TSI engine. I thought they have discarded 1.4l in favour of 1.5l globally.

https://youtu.be/0SiJYf-Kz0M

As per VW Indian website, Indian 5 seater is going to come with 2l TSI engine. I hope they come out with 1.4 or 1.5 l TSI engine also. I think it can be a great compromise between power and efficiency.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raz0405 (Post 5033424)
Hi All: Just an update from my side.
My stock hankook tires was nearly worn out after 37 K KMs. Would have done a few K KMs, thought of replacing it as I generally don't compromise on tires and brakes. When I checked in the market for replacement (stock size 215/65/r17 - Comfortline), I couldn't find any for the stock tires in Bangalore. The closest upsize was 235/60/r17 and only Michellin was available and costed around 18.5 K per tire. Finally chose Pirelli Scorpion 225/65/r17 for around 13.9 K per tyre. It's not ideal but below the +-2% error.
What I heard from all dealers is that apart from Yokohama no other big manufactures has stock due to the regulatory policy in India.
The comfort has increased from earlier. Noticed some decrease in the agility with which the car picks up the speed. Not too much, but yes, it's noticeable.

Thanks for the info Raz. It looks like the Pirelli's are the only brand readily available in even a close size (I checked in Chennai). It would be good to see if Yoko comes out with one soon too. Keep us posted on how the tires perform as they break in. The extra width may hinder agility but will help braking and overall handling hopefully.

Quote:

Originally Posted by showboat (Post 5039400)
Thanks for the info Raz. It looks like the Pirelli's are the only brand readily available in even a close size (I checked in Chennai). It would be good to see if Yoko comes out with one soon too. Keep us posted on how the tires perform as they break in. The extra width may hinder agility but will help braking and overall handling hopefully.

Thanks @showboat. I just did a highway drive after fitting in the new boots and yes there is a difference in comfort and braking with the wider tires. Handling is something I need to assess more before I come to a conclusion. Hope you are enjoying the possession of your Tiguan :)

My battery gave up at 16 months from purchase and 15k on odo !!! Went to the nearest battery shop and they have recommended the 64DIN one... They said with the 74DIN , the bottom clamp cannot be fitted and the battery will not fit well. Also I did not see multiple slot options in the battery tray ! What is the ideal battery to replace ?

Cheers
Amith

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amukherjea (Post 4948900)
Hi, sorry for the wrong number. It is 74DIN. stupid:
It fits in battery tray perfectly.
There are 3 slots for the clip depending on the battery length.
This EPiq 74 used the last slot.
The Original battery used one step smaller.

So long the car is not hybrid or shuts down and restarts on its own at stop signal, these batteries are fine.
I suspect the Kodiaq battery tray will be the same as Tiguan. Even the Yeti had taken the longer battery happily. Only the original felt cover for the battery did not fit anymore.

Hi, my car was bought in Aug 17. And the battery tray as I mentioned took the 74DIN quite happily.
Unless the tray design is changed it should fit.
Did your battery guy actually try it on?
I ca t provide a photo just now as due covid I am stuck indoors. Car is lying in a garage 4 buildings away.
So far quality of battery is concerned I can only comment on the 74DIN. It is working very well. Has survived the inactivity due covid very well.