Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2020, 21:50   #661
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Does anybody else also hear any rattle from the rear left side of the car?

Could be a twisted / improperly tucked seat belt. The metal clip may be brushing against the plastic panel on bad roads.
drivingme.crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 22:09   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
Could be a twisted / improperly tucked seat belt. The metal clip may be brushing against the plastic panel on bad roads.
Checked that. It's held properly.
Old 12th March 2020, 06:46   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ok so I found something interesting.

Above post from Wildon has a VW Tiguan build sheet. If you scroll down in build sheet it has this:
Thanks VId6639 . This was the build sheet for my car. The dealer also mentioned that normal BS4 Diesel would be fine and it will run well under BS6 fuel also. Considering your Kodiaq engine has EU5 norms and you didn't have any issues with BS4 diesel until now, this shouldn't be a problem I guess.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 13th March 2020 at 01:23. Reason: Shortening quoted post
baskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 14:25   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Thanks VId6639 . This was the build sheet for my car. The dealer also mentioned that normal BS4 Diesel would be fine and it will run well under BS6 fuel also. Considering your Kodiaq engine has EU5 norms and you didn't have any issues with BS4 diesel until now, this shouldn't be a problem I guess.
For what I can tell, the Tiguan has a different tune than the Kodiaq. The Tiguan here has the 143ps tune, which was carried over from the previous generation. Globally the Tiguan has a 150ps tune, which is the same as the Kodiaq. This probably explains why it's Euro 4 vs Euro 5.
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 19:11   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
For what I can tell, the Tiguan has a different tune than the Kodiaq. The Tiguan here has the 143ps tune, which was carried over from the previous generation. Globally the Tiguan has a 150ps tune, which is the same as the Kodiaq. This probably explains why it's Euro 4 vs Euro 5.
Hi , Does the same engine with different tune can have difference in emissions standards ?
Since it is the same engine , can I use BS6 fuel with no issues ?
Old 13th March 2020, 00:21   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
The Tiguan here has the 143ps tune, which was carried over from the previous generation. Globally the Tiguan has a 150ps tune, which is the same as the Kodiaq. This probably explains why it's Euro 4 vs Euro 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Hi , Does the same engine with different tune can have difference in emissions standards ?
If we see the build sheet of Octavia in the same thread which is Oct 2019 manufactured and has the same tune as Tiguan, that also has EU4 mentioned. So yes, the 143ps tune engines in India are apparently EU4 while 150ps is EU5.

Attaching the build sheet uploaded by bhpian Wildon of the Octavia. On the second page you will find PR code 0GG which mentions emission standard to be EU4.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TMBBJHNE8KA008031.pdf (303.6 KB, 173 views)
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 07:02   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
From what I've read there will be no issues. At most, your injectors will have to be replaced a year or two early due to the lack of sulfur.

Quote:
If we see the build sheet of Octavia in the same thread which is Oct 2019 manufactured and has the same tune as Tiguan, that also has EU4 mentioned. So yes, the 143ps tune engines in India are apparently EU4 while 150ps is EU5.

Attaching the build sheet uploaded by bhpian Wildon of the Octavia. On the second page you will find PR code 0GG which mentions emission standard to be EU4.
That makes sense. I didnt realize this was the same engine in Ocatvia. Explains the different states between the Kodiaq and Tiguan. I really woud have liked that extra 7hp
Old 13th March 2020, 07:41   #668
Senior - BHPian

From all accounts, the oil companies are compensating for the low sulfur via additives for the lubrication, so I don't see any issue with the new fuel. It might be worthwhile to write to and get an official response from VWI if they recommend any additive for every tankful - at present they advise the opposite.
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 11:21   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Does anybody else also hear any rattle from the rear left side of the car?
.. looks like it's the seat or the door trim on the rear left.
This may be due to the curtain airbag module rubbing against the body shell. The gap between the body shell and the module needs to be as per specifications. If not please get it checked.
You can put a spacer too between the module and the bodyshell( you shall have to gently prise a bit of the headliner).

Regards,

Last edited by HsekarK : 13th March 2020 at 11:51. Reason: maybe
Old 14th March 2020, 06:40   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
From all accounts, the oil companies are compensating for the low sulfur via additives for the lubrication, so I don't see any issue with the new fuel. It might be worthwhile to write to and get an official response from VWI if they recommend any additive for every tankful - at present they advise the opposite.
Thats good news from VW.

I've been using an additive every 2500-3000 kms depending on my type of usage with all my cars. More highway kms and I wait a little longer. Keeping those injectors clean!
Old 16th March 2020, 13:26   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ok so I found something interesting.

This is for a new car with production as December 2019.

For my Kodiaq (Oct 2019) with the same engine this is mentioned in the build sheet.

This means the Kodiaq has an engine that meets Eu5+ emission norms but the Tiguan only meets EU4 norms.

Moreover an engine that meets EU5+ needs to run on ULSD (BS6 fuel).

However EU4 norms are for regular diesel and not ULSD.
The fact that the VW Tiguan's engine is BS4 compliant & Kodiaq's is BS6 (or EU5) compliant could be due to the fact the VW engine could be imported from Mexico or Algeria & the Kodiaq engine is probably imported their Czech plant in Kvasiny, but how does one explain the compliance difference in the 2 litre diesel engines of Octavia and Kodiaq ? The only thing I can think of is the kits of Octavia are probably older and manufactured at their Mlada Boleslav plant and the Kodiaq comes from the newer Kavsiny plant. But still this revelation is really mind boggling.
Old 18th March 2020, 22:32   #672
BHPian

Is there any way to keep the wing mirrors open with the car locked?

While putting the car cover on, I would have preferred to have wing mirrors open as the fit of the cover is much better that way. However, as soon as i lock the car the mirrors fold in.
Old 19th March 2020, 09:51   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any way to keep the wing mirrors open with the car locked?

While putting the car cover on, I would have preferred to have wing mirrors open as the fit of the cover is much better that way. However, as soon as i lock the car the mirrors fold in.
You can adjust this in the settings. There is an option to switch off folding of mirrors upon locking.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 19th March 2020 at 10:32. Reason: spacing in quoted post
shaktisarangi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 11:56   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Tiguan to come in its BS6 Diesel avatar soon.

Quote:
What Knapp confirms though is that the Tiguan SUV which was on sale till recently with a 2.0L BS IV diesel engine, will make a comeback in BSVI avatar. That may take a “couple of months”

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 23:54   #675
MVM
BHPian

Hello Guys
I recently purchased a Volkswagen Tiguan in the month of November. One problem that I also faced in my Vento which I had previously is that the gauge/instrument cluster plastic scratches very easily due to improper cleaning procedures.
Please let me know how I can remove these scratches without replacing this piece. It is a huge hindrance while driving and the scratches are clearly visible especially when the sun falls on it.
Thank You

Last edited by MVM : 29th March 2020 at 00:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks