Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2019, 09:05   #1321
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Problem is going to be the price if we go by the reports or their existing lineup. You or anyone else will think a zillion times before plonking 27 lac on this vs say 32 lac on Endeavour or Fortuner. The kind of road presence or feel large vehicles have to offer makes a tough call picking up something smaller.
Totally agree with this point.

However, a caution. While in some Indian states the Endeavour (and Fortuner) might be priced closer to 35 OTR, in states with high taxes like Karnataka, they are almost 42 L OTR. Even when I bought 3 years back, it was 39 OTR.

So if Jeep is about 32 OTR, then the difference is super huge. Will swing in favor of Jeep for many.
nareshtrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 09:46   #1322
Distinguished - BHPian

Captured during a breakfast drive yesterday. With ODO at 1K+, I pushed the pedal little bit more and had a nice experience.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-bfd1.png
I missed to remove the temp regd sticker

Jeep Compass : Official Review-bfd2.png

Pic courtesy: Sujith

Planning to change the number plate, is it better to go online or is there a good direct dealer in Bangalore?. I am looking at something similar to German font with black frame/border.
arun_josie is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 09:59   #1323
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Also sent a pic of my Jeep offroading. FCA replies back saying "Nice, but that's a Mahindra ".
Pretty rich coming from a company that's one year overdue on its stated launch date. You could also have said - "Yes, but customers in India can actually buy a Mahindra!"

This is agnostic of automobiles but I could never respect a company / individual that trashes their competition. In my view, a true sign of self confidence and maturity is when you can recognise the competition for their worth, appreciate them for their positives and still be able to distinguish or sell your own product or service.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th April 2019 at 10:00.
Axe77 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 10:15   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Planning to change the number plate, is it better to go online or is there a good direct dealer in Bangalore?. I am looking at something similar to German font with black frame/border.
No HSRP in Bangalore yet? In some states they've started issuing challans for non-compliant vehicles.
Old 15th April 2019, 17:28   #1325
BHPian

Spotted the new trailhawk on test at kodaikanal hills this past Thursday. Mods please move to relevant thread. Attaching a pic of the same
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot_20190415172701.png  

windrider is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 14:31   #1326
BHPian

I need quick help. I took a test drive of Jeep Limited 4x4 yesterday in Gurgaon. Now, I am getting an offer of about 23L on the road including the extended warranty for a 2018 model (August Manufactured, Limited 4x4, Silver Color). So, about a discount of 2.5 lakhs. Is this a good deal?

Its been about 25 days since I booked my duster AWD and because of this, I am having second thoughts.
Old 21st April 2019, 15:33   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I have always said the same..... The X1 top end (non M sport) costs around 44L OTR Delhi. A 12L discount takes that figure....
Care to explain how, when and where these discounts exist, please?
Old 21st April 2019, 18:22   #1328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mechanic View Post
Care to explain how, when and where these discounts exist, please?
Check out the new price check thread. Members across the country keep updating that thread with latest discount figures they come across at various dealerships. I myself was offered 8L off the price for X1 during a 2 minute casual chat during service. And this was last year. The discounts would only increase now with the year change.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 22:29   #1329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankjain16 View Post
I need quick help. I took a test drive of Jeep Limited 4x4 yesterday in Gurgaon. Now, I am getting an offer of about 23L on the road including the extended warranty for a 2018 model (August Manufactured, Limited 4x4, Silver Color). So, about a discount of 2.5 lakhs. Is this a good deal?

Its been about 25 days since I booked my duster AWD and because of this, I am having second thoughts.

The discount is similar in Bangalore. If you take the insurance outside, then you can save more.
Old 22nd April 2019, 13:58   #1330
BHPian

So, I took a test drive of the Compass Sport the last weekend.

My short test drive review of the Harrier can be seen here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4576858 (Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs)

This will be a short 2 cents review of the diesel compass sport that I drove.

The compass sport is pretty much a bare bone kind of a variant when compared to the Harrier top end that I drove last weekend.

I like the looks of both Harrier and the Compass. Although the red color compass does pull the strings of my heart. On the inside, nothing much to say on the compass, pretty hard plastics, extremely small head unit and some of the AC controls does look like they have been lifted from the Duster. I did like the shiny gear shift though. The outside rear view mirrors have some kind of coating or something that it felt a bit odd. Loved the steering wheel as it is meaty to hold. The seats are firm and good.

Contrary to what has been mentioned in our official review, I did find the clutch to be hard, but the gearshift is smooth and slots beautifully. The car feels rock solid and the suspension soaks all the road undulations without transferring it inside the cabin. The car picks up speed nicely and I did not feel any coarseness when I revved the engine hard. In one word, I loved driving this vehicle. Amazing engineering.

If I were in the market to buy a new car for me, this would be on top of my list. Between the Harrier and the Compass, I would go for the compass any given day or night, irrespective of the price difference.
drvhplyevraftr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 15:50   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Check out the new price check thread. Members across the country keep updating that thread with latest discount figures they come across at various dealerships. I myself was offered 8L off the price for X1 during a 2 minute casual chat during service. And this was last year. The discounts would only increase now with the year change.
Somehow these discounts seems to be of the elusive kind. Last year when I was buying the Compass somebody told me to look at the Audi A3 as he read that there was a 8L discount on the car. I called up the dealership only to be told that they had 2 demo cars which they already sold and they only had a 4L discount on the A4. Then I heard about discounts on the Merc A class, called up, only to hear a denial. Maybe I called at the wrong time, or these purported discounted cars are very few and only the lucky ones really get them.

However, it is worth noting that I got the Compass on a 1.5L discount.
Old 22nd April 2019, 16:16   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Somehow these discounts seems to be of the elusive kind. I called up the dealership only to be told that they had 2 demo cars which they already sold ...
I had a similar experience when the BSIII to BSIV switch happened. Everyone seemed to be getting insane discounts on Superbikes but every dealer I called said no discounts. When I went to buy my car I realized these "Too good to be true" discounts come out only after a personal visit to the dealership and the sales person has got a whiff of hope that there is a possible sale. I don't think the real discounts come out over the phone.
Old 25th April 2019, 21:03   #1333
Distinguished - BHPian

A nice drive review my Overdrive, especially the drive on the rocks of Jawai (3:18) and on sand dunes, Rajashtan.

arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 11:46   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniraghu View Post
A warranty, by definition, is a promise to repair / replace in case of a defect.

Though it is mentioned that electrical / mechanical breakdown would be covered, the exact scope needs to be known before this is truly an Extended Warranty, or more of a glorified Road-side Assistance.

I opted for an Extended Warranty on my Fiat, but under the name of mechanical failure, it was only engine damage that was covered as part of fine print, and other suspension related aspects were not.
Got details from Jeep Hyson Mannuthy, Kerala.

This is what it does not cover:

Non-Coverage
Incidental Losses not covered
The Mopar Extended Warranty coverage will not cover any incidental losses such as:
a) Downtime, All Indirect Losses & Inconvenience
b) The loss of use of your vehicle
c) The loss of personal or commercial property
d) The loss of revenue
a) OE Components like Tyres & Batteries.
b) Misuse or abuse resulting into the failure will not be covered under Extended Warranty.
c) Shock Absorbers, Catalytic Converter, Chrome Plated Parts like Emblems, Front Grill, FCA genuine accessories, Lenses (Head Lamp, Fog Lamp, Tail Lamp), Mirrors – Internal & External, Mirrors, Wind Shields, Backlit Glass and Window Glasses, Suspension Rubber Mounts, Weather Strips, All Interior Trim including Dashboard.
d) Wear and Tear Components like Clutch Assy, Brake Pad, Brake liners. Consumables – Filters, Bulbs, Fuses, Spark Plug, Wheel Alignment, Wheel Balancing, and remote key batteries ,Wiper Blades, Axle boots, Suspension struts, all type of Hoses, Ball joints engine mounts & any rubber parts, Drive & Accessory belts, Fuses & Filters are not covered.
e) Any claim falling beyond the expiry date shown in the Mopar Extended Warranty Certificates or the completion of the Kilometer as specified in the Mopar Extended Warranty Certificates whichever occurs earlier and as applicable from the date of 1st sale.
f) The Mopar Extended Warranty coverage will remain valid, subjected to the vehicle being Serviced at only FCA Authorized Dealerships as per recommended service intervals as stated in the Owner’s Manual provided at the time of
New Vehicle Delivery.
g) The Mopar Extended Warranty coverage will remain valid, subjected to the usage genuine parts & accessories recommended Oils & fluids as stated in the Owner’s Manual provided at the time of New Vehicle Delivery.
h) Routine maintenance service jobs, which includes cleaning, polishing, minor adjustment, engine tuning, carbon cleaning, AC Servicing, calibration / reconditioning of diesel equipment’s including injector / nozzles and high pressure fuel pump etc.
i) Inconsequential aspects such as noises, vibrations, moisture entry and sensations that could not lead to dismal product function or performance.
j) Loss arising out of accident or loss caused by external impact.
k) Damages as a result of use of non-genuine coolant or lubricating oil.
l) Damages to engine due to Hydrostatic lock. Corrosion, rusting, and painting.
Modifications Not Covered
a) Installing non-FCA components, or equipment (such as a non-FCA radio or speed control);
b) Using special non-FCA approved fluid, materials or additives.
c) But your warranties do not cover any part that was not on your vehicle when it left the manufacturing plant or is not certified for use on your vehicle. Nor do they cover the costs of any repairs or adjustments that might be caused or needed because of the installation or use of non-FCA India, components, equipment, materials, or additives.
d) Performance or racing parts are considered to be non-FCA India parts. Repairs or adjustments caused by their use are
not covered under your warranties.
Examples of the types of alterations not covered are:
• Applying non-approved rustproofing or other protection products; or
• Using any refrigerant that FCA India has not approved.
• Changing the vehicle’s configuration or dimensions, such as converting the vehicle into a limousine or for any other purpose.
• Disconnecting, tampering with, or altering the odometer will void your warranties, unless your repairing technician follows the legal and / or FCA India requirements for repairing or replacing vehicles odometers.
• Attaching any device that disconnects the vehicles odometer will also void your Mopar Extended warranty.
Environmental Factors Not Covered
a) Your Mopar Extended warranty do not cover damage caused by environmental factors such as airborne fallout, bird droppings, insect damage, chemicals, tree sap, salt, ocean spray, acid rain, and road hazards. Nor do your Mopar Extended Warranty cover damage caused by hailstorms, windstorms, tornadoes, sandstorms, lightning, floods, act of Terrorism and earthquakes.
b) Your Mopar Extended Warranty do not cover conditions resulting from anything impacting the vehicle. This includes cracks and chips in glass, scratches and chips in painted surfaces, rusting, corrosion or damage from collision
a) Your Mopar Extended Warranty do not cover the costs of repairing damage or conditions caused by racing, nor do they cover the repair of any defects that are found as the result of participating in a racing event.

This is what it covers:
Coverage
This Mopar Extended Warranty will cover the following parts,
Engine:
All internal components, including:
Oil pump, Crankshaft & Pulley, Big end & Main Bearings, Connecting Rods, Gudgeon Pins, Piston and Rings, Inlet and Exhaust Valves, Springs and Guides Cylinder Block and Cylinder Head, Cylinder Head Gasket, Camshaft, Arms and Shaft Rocker, cam followers, Hydraulic lash adjusters, Timing Gears and Tensioner Bearing, Idler, Turbo charger ,Inlet Exhaust Manifold, Oil Seals Crankshaft Seal, Camshaft Oil Seal, Auxiliary Shaft Oil Seal, Flywheel, EGR & EGR actuation system, EGR Cooler, Half engine Assy (If child parts are not serviced)
Manual Transmission
Gear box Housing, Gears, Shafts, Synchromesh Hubs and Rings, Selectors, Selector mechanism, Bearings, Transfer Gears, Gear Box Oil Seal, Drive Shaft Seal, Drive shafts, PTO, Differential assemblies, RDM, Propeller shaft & Rear Axle, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder
Automatic Transmission:
Shafts, Gears, Brake bands, Oil Pump, Bearings and Bushes, Valve body, Drive Plate, Transmission Gears.
Mechatronics control module, Dual mass flywheel, Dual dry clutch, transmission seals.
Suspension and Steering:
Electrical power steering (EPS), Rack & Pinion, Steering Column, Steering Box, Power Steering Pump, Reservoir, Swinging arm, Link Rod, Stabilizer bar, Prop lift gate & Power steering pressure pipes, wheel bearings, hub assemblies.
Braking System:
Master Cylinder, Brake Booster, Vacuum Pump, ABS Modules, ABS Sensors, Wheel Bearings, Wheel Hub. Brake system sensors, calipers, rear parking brake Electrical actuators.
Fuel & Injection System:
Mechanical and Electrical Fuel Pumps, Injectors, Engine speed sensors, ECU, Common Rail, Pressure Sensors, Glow Plugs, Electromagnetic solenoids, Fuel Injection Pump & Diesel Particle Filter
Air Conditioning & Cooling system:
Radiator, Compressor, Condenser, Evaporator Reservoir, Receiver Driver ,Thermostat Switch & Fan Motor, Heater Core, AC Switch, AC Blower , AC Pipes, Water Pump, HVAC Module & Integrate Central stack, HVAC Control Unit, Cooling fan, Heater core. HVAC Control panel.
Electrical System:
Starter Motor and Solenoid Switch, Alternator, Rectifier, Wiring Harness (except for external damages), Regulator, Ignition Coil, Cooling Fan Motor, Power Window Switches & Motors, Combination Switch, Electronic steering lock (Ignition Switch), Relay, Reverse Parking Camera, Thermostat Switch, Speedometer, Oil Pressure Switch, Temperature Gauge, Fuel Gauge, Infotainment System, Instrument Cluster, Horns, FOB Key, BCM, DTCM, Mode selection switch, selector switch, Entire sensors, Entire Control Modules, Electric lock Blue & Me, Radio Frequency Hub, Power distribution center.
Oil and Consumables:
a) All oils and consumables (lubricating oils, coolants, brake oil, battery electrolyte, AC gas oil) will be covered if required/necessitated to be replaced in connection with the replacement of a part falling under a valid extended warranty claim.
b) Repair requiring due to oil seepage will be covered including the consequential failures.
di1in is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 10:10   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
How is the rear number plate affixed to the Compass ? I have observed that the 2 screws at the top of the number plate used to fix the number plate are insufficient. The number plate vibrates and especially while closing the rear gate, it is very irritating. Am thinking of using 2 way adhesive tape on the lower side of the number plate to take care of these vibrations.
Is this the case all over or is it a dealer specific issue ?
Did you try the adhesive tapes? Is it working? I am facing the same issue. Once one screw came off during a drive and the number plate hanging from single screw made a nice scratch mark on the hatch.

For now has re-fixed the plate using two fat screws. Hopefully it will hold up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks