Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2018, 12:15   #856
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Hi! The delivery of my compass is scheduled for tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone has advice on what might be better tyres for it? Mine is NOT a 4x4 and all use will be on paved roads in city/ highways. During test drives I found the stock Firestone tyres to be a bit noisy, would love to hear what users have to say.

Thanks.
Old 21st February 2018, 15:21   #857
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Hi! The delivery of my compass is scheduled for tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone has advice on what might be better tyres for it? Mine is NOT a 4x4 and all use will be on paved roads in city/ highways. During test drives I found the stock Firestone tyres to be a bit noisy, would love to hear what users have to say.

Thanks.
I've clocked over 10k now and have no complaints against the Firestones. They are noisy in most surfaces but overall the tyres are good for on road use. If you are looking at silent tyres then I suppose you need to look at the Michelin's.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 22:37   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Unless there is an uneven tyre wear, alignment is not required at 5,000 kms. At best a wheel balancing is enough and can push the alignment to 8-10,000 km mark. Since you are in BLR, do check with Madhu's usually they have all the required data on their machines.
I have done wheel balancing and alignment at Madhu's on last Saturday, Looks to me it was done detailed and excellent job, The bill was Rs 1,650.
- Road Force Touch - Seems to be an interesting and first time I have experienced it, Specific weight applied when tires rotating and impact was measured by the system for further weight calculation.
- Tyre Rotation was done based on system recommendation
- Tyre Position Adjustment from alloy wheel was done based on system.
- Alignment

I feel it's required to do this every 5k kms, Considering our road conditions.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 22nd February 2018 at 22:40.
Old 23rd February 2018, 06:59   #859
BHPian

Got a call today saying that there is an ECU update now available for Jeep compass. They claimed it improves cold start issues, fuel efficiency and engine performance.
di1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:09   #860
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I feel it's required to do this every 5k kms, Considering our road conditions.
Being an enthusiast nothing wrong in keeping that schedule, having said that unless the vehicle is used heavily on bad roads OR has been subjected to heavy pot holes, no major damage would be done by sticking to a higher duration. Vehicles are designed with so much of tolerance.
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:01   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Being an enthusiast nothing wrong in keeping that schedule, having said that unless the vehicle is used heavily on bad roads OR has been subjected to heavy pot holes, no major damage would be done by sticking to a higher duration. Vehicles are designed with so much of tolerance.
Agree on that. Most cars used in normal city conditions should need alignment every 10k kms. Only if the roads are full of potholes on your everyday journeys it is good to check it every 5k kms. Wheel balancing also doesn't need to be done before 10k unless a tyre gets punctured. If the tyre is punctured it should be done after puncture repair.
Behemoth is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 19:09   #862
BHPian

Still not convinced with the stock Firestones, inetersted in Michelin Primacy SUV but thats available in 225/65/17 as opposed to the stock 225/60/17 - would it affect warranty?
ff1609 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 16:56   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Got a call today saying that there is an ECU update now available for Jeep compass. They claimed it improves cold start issues, fuel efficiency and engine performance.
I just read in FB group that Jeep is doing ECU programming for better performance. Few owners have already been contacted.

Did you get it done? If so, please post about difference in performance

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 24th February 2018 at 16:58.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 11:09   #864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I just read in FB group that Jeep is doing ECU programming for better performance. Few owners have already been contacted.

Not surprising. Global versions of the car seem to clock an under 10 second 0-100 performance for the Diesel. Whereas, the auto magazine tests available in India seem to indicate a near 12 second time for the same.
Old 25th February 2018, 11:28   #865
BHPian

Quote:

I'm getting it done in a week along with my first service. Will keep you posted.
di1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 15:44   #866
BHPian

What is the waiting period for Jeep compass Diesel and Petrol AT - Limited variant?

Also anyone in Mumbai who bought one, can you PM me your SA number with whom you had a good buying experience
Old 26th February 2018, 07:16   #867
BHPian

Quote:

Getting it done tomorrow. Two friends of mine who've already got it done are very happy with it. Both were bothered by the diesel clutter. It's gone with the update.
Shall update once it's done
jojoinassi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 10:41   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
What is the waiting period for Jeep compass Diesel and Petrol AT - Limited variant?

Also anyone in Mumbai who bought one, can you PM me your SA number with whom you had a good buying experience
Depends on the availability of the color.For example,the blue color is not available with them.However,they have red,grey and black in stock.

My SA informed me that blue AT Limited versions are mostly being exported and there are very few allocations to dealers in India.

The avg time quoted is around 30-45 days.
joy_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 12:07   #869
BHPian

Most engine manufacturers are moving away from diesel !

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/jeep-make...from=home-auto
Old 26th February 2018, 13:50   #870
BHPian

I think Jeep has started exporting Compass to UK. Even 1.6 diesel available in UK. Does Jeep has plan to launch 1.6 multijet variant here in India?

https://www.jeep.co.uk/car-configura...n/57680CA50000

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks