Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2024, 07:04   #4741
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I think anything related to brake pad/disc or any complaints related to braking will not be accepted under warranty.

But why do you want to take this risk? Are you looking for better brake pads/discs or trying to save cost?
No no. I got my annual service done yesterday and also got the brake pads changed at Jeep ASC. I was a bit ticked off in the morning yesterday given how much they quoted for my regular service and the brake pads ~ INR 36k and INR 15k respectively. And they were adamant about sunroof cleaning for INR 5-6k or else my warranty would get void and blah blah.

For once it did cross my mind about getting the pads changed from outside. Apparently the service costs have gone up (e.g., engine oil is now 7800 + 28% GST + labour).

Anyway, the final amount I paid for the service at Jeep including the brake pads was INR 31k which is okay I feel. Car has run 38,710kms.

P.S.: I am an out and out ASC guy and have not had great experiences at FNGs but I hate when service centre guys push you around.

Last edited by Pancham : 16th September 2024 at 07:09.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 10:39   #4742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, if I get the brake pads and discs changed from outside, will that void my warranty? If yes, warranty for which part of the car ?
Yes it will void the warranty. I just got my 3rd service done yesterday as well & got the front break pads changed from the service centre itself and the cost was 7.6 K. For the Engine Oil i was charged 6945 this is the cost without the taxes though

Last edited by AbhishekMushran : 16th September 2024 at 10:42. Reason: adding some parts
Old 16th September 2024, 14:56   #4743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Yes it will void the warranty. I just got my 3rd service done yesterday as well & got the front break pads changed from the service centre itself and the cost was 7.6 K. For the Engine Oil i was charged 6945 this is the cost without the taxes though
Yes it’s around 7.6k plus 2.2k labour plus GST. There is room for discounts though on labour.
Old 19th September 2024, 12:00   #4744
BHPian

Finally, after taking test drives of XUV700, Alcazar and (multiple)TATA Safari, I booked a JEEP Compass Model S. For the first time, I felt a car was driving better than my old sold Ford Figo. However, the only intriguing thought is about a 2025 model, which might come next month and may offer ADAS.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2024, 13:30   #4745

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
Finally, after taking test drives of XUV700, Alcazar and (multiple)TATA Safari, I booked a JEEP Compass Model S. For the first time, I felt a car was driving better than my old sold Ford Figo. However, the only intriguing thought is about a 2025 model, which might come next month and may offer ADAS.

Nice!! I am in the same boat and trying to make a decision soon. What discount did you get on ex-showroom? Is it 4x4 or 4x2?
AWD_4X4 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2024, 13:58   #4746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD_4X4 View Post
Nice!! I am in the same boat and trying to make a decision soon. What discount did you get on ex-showroom? Is it 4x4 or 4x2?
4x2 - 4L+ discount on on-road price
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2024, 20:15   #4747

Quote:
Congratulations Div!!! I got my 4x4 Green guzzler last week Friday. Took delivery in Pune and drove it back to Hyderabad overnight and dropped it in Autopia, Hyderabad for some serious skin care regimen i.e., llumar valor PPF. A good way to loose the savings earned from dealer discounts .

I drove Tucson for some time and felt ADAS might be helpful in city traffic but not very much in offroad situations or while doing spirited driving on highways, which are the core strengths of the Jeep. So, you may not loose much here. but that's my take, it may be wrong as per your intended use.

On the other side, what you may loose with the new version is all the discounts you are getting now and the VFM proposition of Compass as Stellantis usually increase the price for every new release.

Last edited by crowbrows : 19th September 2024 at 20:29. Reason: Missing few more details and added them
crowbrows is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2024, 00:11   #4748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
In my opinion, it would be better to replace the tyres. Or get it checked at a good tyre shop and get their feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Attachment 2642809
Found this single steel thread sticking out from the rear tyre of my Compass.
Update
Finally got new shoes for the Compass. The tyre shop guys told I can continue using them for around 4000-5000kms or more if I am careful, but I was very uncomfortable with the idea.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_2662.jpeg
Anyway these had run 42000+kms and there was no point taking a risk.

Asked around the nearby tyre shops for a couple of weeks for options in the stock size of 225/60 R17. Firestone Le02 was available for around 9500. Bridgestone Turanza T001, some other Bridgestone series, Yokohama Earth 1 were all quoted around 10000-11000. The Goodyear AT silentrac wasn't available anywhere in the stock size and I didn't want to upsize. Finally went ahead and got the Continental Crosscontact AX6. They cost me 46000 for a set of 4. Looks quite nice on the compass, gives the vibes of an AT tyre. Also, they are rated 99V whereas all the other ones I looked at were 99H rated. These are quite silent when compared to the stock firestones, rides and handles well too. Overall quite a nice upgrade I feel.

Last edited by Night Raven : 23rd September 2024 at 00:18.
Night Raven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2024, 00:51   #4749
BHPian

Quote:
4x2 - 4L+ discount on on-road price
Thanks for the update. The 4L discount you mentioned is for which variant? I am considering base diesel Sports and Dealer is not offering a penny as discount except freebie of seat cover and mud flap. His asking stands final as 19 lakh plus state registration charges. I will get my own insurances from outside.
What should be my counter offer for the dealer?
Old 24th September 2024, 01:12   #4750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticHermit View Post
Thanks for the update. The 4L discount you mentioned is for which variant?
Mine is Model S 4x2.
Old 29th September 2024, 14:17   #4751

It's time to replace tires on my Compass Model S. I'm inclined to upgrade to Michelin's from stock Bridgestone's, however, only Michelin Primacy 4ST (235/50/R18) seems to be available in the market right now. Latitude Sport 3 is not available here in Chennai. Anyone have any feedback on the Primacy 4ST?
Old 30th September 2024, 04:25   #4752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Yes it’s around 7.6k plus 2.2k labour plus GST. There is room for discounts though on labour.
I don't own a Jeep but this is news to me that they have separate labour charge on oil charge during regular service! I never paid for any labour charge separately for oil change during regular service so wondering about this practice from Jeep.
Oil change is part of the service and labour should be in built in the periodic maintenance charge, isn't it? At least that's how it has been on all my cars and 2w from various manufacturers.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th September 2024 at 04:44.
Old 30th September 2024, 06:58   #4753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I don't own a Jeep but this is news to me that they have separate labour charge on oil charge during regular service! I never paid for any labour charge separately for oil change during regular service so wondering about this practice from Jeep.
Oil change is part of the service and labour should be in built in the periodic maintenance charge, isn't it? At least that's how it has been on all my cars and 2w from various manufacturers.
This is for change in brake pads and not engine oil. For parts, I believe they quote separately - cost + labour + GST.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2024, 20:22   #4754
BHPian

First long drive in my new Jeep FWD AT Model S

I had a long drive in my newly purchased Jeep from Bangalore to Mangalore, Mangalore to Maravanthe Beach and also Mangalore to Kasargod. Total distance covered is close to 1300 Kms.

Day 1

Bangalore to Mangalore via Shiradi Ghats - we reached Sakleshpur in 3.5 hours including a breakfast stop for 20 minutes. Distance covered was 240 kms and average speeds ranging from 70 to 80 km on an hourly basis. The roads, as some of you may be aware, are excellent and was a pleasure to drive the mini tank.
From Sakleshpur to Mangalore, the distance is only around 110-120 kms, but the time taken is again close to 3.5 hours, thanks to the roads, which are non existent for 20-25 kms overall. The heavy build up of Petrol tankers, the non existent roads, the diversions and the topography being a hilly region, eats up fuel and time anyway.
When I reached Mangalore, I was happy to see an improvement in mileage from around 8kmpl in Bangalore (initial 200 kms before this long trip) to almost 13.5 kmpl!
In Mangalore, I got my Greyhound cleaned at the City Centre Mall and they did an excellent job.

Day 2 - Spent idling at in laws place and meeting family members

Day 3 - Mangalore to Kundapura and then to Maravanthe beach. I did a little bit of soft roading close to the beach. It was excellent. The suspension and handling do wonders to your confidence. Having upgraded from robustly built Skoda Fabia, Rapid, and Kushaq, the Jeep Compass is definitely an improvement in suspension, comfort and handling. Mileage stayed strong with good roads except for a tiny stretch near Udupi. This is a European/American car capable of handling our roads, or the lack of in some cases, with least discomfort!

Day 4,5 - Time spent with family again doing errands, visiting relatives

Day 6 - Trip to Northern tip of Kerala. We had a trip to Kasargod and covered 4 temples. Road was bad in patches, and we were glad we were in the Jeep. Rear seat passengers could even get sleep, highlighting the comfort!

Day 8 - Return trip to Bangalore. We covered the distance, 10 kms, short of Sakleshpur in about 2.45 hours. Then we got stuck in a 5 km jam caused by lorry overturning at a bad stretch, recently impacted by landslides. We spent close to 2 hours in the traffic jam! Really pity the truck drivers in these stretches. It seems a thankless job really as they have to wait and wait! Lunch done at Sakleshpur and then the butter smooth roads to Bangalore from there ensured a rapid progress! I was in good company with some spirited Innovas, XUV500s and XUV700s playing catch me if you can!

Overall very happy with my purchase. Car has performed up to and beyond expectations. Transmission is slow compared to DCT ( I have the new Verna as well), but the comfort, handling and suspension make up for it and once you are on the highway and cruising, the beast in this wakes up and is a delight to drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5868.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5997.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_6021.jpeg  

Last edited by PeteKing75 : 30th September 2024 at 20:37.
PeteKing75 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2024, 23:29   #4755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnysaltbrick View Post
Hi. I've been strongly considering the base model Jeep Compass. The Sport variant, manual. While it ticks off most of the requirements, I am worried about the fact that it ships with only 2 airbags and also Jeep's aftersales-service.

I know Stellantis isn't leaving India but what if Jeep is pulled out? Is it a safe idea to spend that money into the Compass? Or do I send that money to someone else? Our driving needs are mostly weekend trips to the farmhouse about 80km, front and back and to random roadtrips of choice during holidays (I would have added trips to the university but that chapter's slowly closing in my life so)

So, here are my questions: -

1. Is it recommended to buy a diesel car today? Considering the hard-set battle against diesels on a legal scale?

2. If yes, is it safe to keep the car unused for long spells?

3. Is it a wise idea to consider the Compass in its base model or look elsewhere?

4. What to keep an eye out for in the Compass and Jeep's service in general?

5. Any alternates in the 20-25L region that can seat 3 at the back with no issues? For context, the purchasing region is in Salem, TN.
1) No, I personally wouldn't recommend having the diesel at least in today's times unless your usage is really very high.
2) It is not recommended to keep any car unused for a long time unless it's a jap. Also, these modern cars have many electrical features which if left open to the conditions of Indian climate are prone to be damaged.
3) When you're spending such huge bucks, one expects a sense of safety and creature comforts which unfortunately the base model won't be able to provide. More importantly rather than features in today's time providing just 2 airbags at that price point is simply unacceptable.
4) What I believe is that it is different and varied from region to region as you must read on our forum itself wherein few members have had great experiences while few cannot reciprocate the same.
5) I don't the exact prices in your region, but I would definitely recommend checking out the Thar Roxx and the ScorpioN as it will perform very well for you during your farm trips while also letting you enjoy various creature comforts. Plus, Mahindra has a larger dealer network and are made specifically for our Indian conditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks