Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2024, 23:26   #4681

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Ok, above 12v is good. Any chances of rat bite?

I don't have any idea about 6th Mile. Since you did the service there, you can get their opinion before going to Jeep service center.
I checked for rat bite but did not find any. Yes I'm going the tomorrow. The obd port reader they have is not able to clear the service message too.
Old 6th August 2024, 08:53   #4682
BHPian

Hi fellow members. Has anyone here got a damping upgrade done for their compass?

Also, any leads for 3rd party/aftermarket front brake pads would be greatly appreciated! I have about 1500-2000KM left in mine and need to get it switched. Jeep is asking around 8k which I feel is overpriced.
Old 6th August 2024, 11:25   #4683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Hi fellow members. Has anyone here got a damping upgrade done for their compass?

Also, any leads for 3rd party/aftermarket front brake pads would be greatly appreciated! I have about 1500-2000KM left in mine and need to get it switched. Jeep is asking around 8k which I feel is overpriced.
So 8k is for a pair or is it for one pad ?
Old 6th August 2024, 11:28   #4684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
So 8k is for a pair or is it for one pad ?
It's for a pair, I believe.
Old 6th August 2024, 11:31   #4685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
It's for a pair, I believe.
Is this your first set? How long did the pads last? Also, how are the discs holding up? 8k for a pair seems reasonable no ?
Old 6th August 2024, 11:38   #4686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Is this your first set? How long did the pads last? Also, how are the discs holding up? 8k for a pair seems reasonable no ?
Yes this is my first set. My car's around ~27000 Kms so feel it's a bit early to be needing to change them.
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 17:52   #4687

Quick update:

Completed 4,000 kms last weekend.

Engine light popped up on the instrument cluster on my way back from Pune last weekend. This was totally unexpected as the first time I saw Engine light on my Polo GT TDI was after about 7 years. Fully shocked and shaken , I finished my drive back home and parked the car safe. I got my Jeep home only recently in May 2024 and this happened on 4 August 2024.

Few things I noticed:
1. While the car didn't stall, RPM was struggling to go above 2,000
2. Acceleration above 80/90kmph jeep was struggling a little. While on cruise control it worked just okay.

Sent the car to service center today on 6 August 2024:
1. Got the fix by evening. I am told it was an issue with regeneration and a software update that was due.
2. On my earlier post about acceleration behavior, the service center fellow told me its a normal behavior and its not something to worry about
3. Service center guys also took it for first service (well after only driving for about 3 months). Since this is 2023 model and I bought in 2024, I am told the service is still very much over due and its advisable to do so.

Any tips/feedback on how to deal with the engine regeneration issue (if there is any way if it occurs in future) would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Chetan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSEW-Compass View Post
Finished one month with my Jeep Compass - Limited 4*4 Diesel Auto (2023 model).

Here are a few takeaways:

1. Completed some 2,200 kms and absolutely love the drivability. Did multiple trips between Mumbai-Pune and drove a lot in Mumbai+Pune traffic. Enjoying every drive. While I do miss the manual gear shifts but moving from a manual car (Polo GT-TDI) to an automatic car is a different world transition, love the power and punch Jeep Compass possesses.

Regards,
Chetan
Old 17th August 2024, 06:58   #4688
BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_2624.jpeg
Found this single steel thread sticking out from the rear tyre of my Compass. These are the firestones that the car came with and they have done 40,000kms so far. I have had only one puncture so far and I am quite happy with these. I feel there is sufficient tread for another few thousand kms but this has got me worried. Does this mean the tyre has a structural weakness inside? What are the options in 225/60 R17 size?
Old 17th August 2024, 10:37   #4689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Attachment 2642809
Found this single steel thread sticking out from the rear tyre of my Compass. These are the firestones that the car came with and they have done 40,000kms so far. I have had only one puncture so far and I am quite happy with these. I feel there is sufficient tread for another few thousand kms but this has got me worried. Does this mean the tyre has a structural weakness inside? What are the options in 225/60 R17 size?
In my opinion, it would be better to replace the tyres. Or get it checked at a good tyre shop and get their feedback.

I have tried Yokohama Earth 1 and GoodYear Wrangler AT SilentTrac. Earth 1 is on the softer side and silent than Firestones. If you are looking for AT then you can check GoodYear Wrangler AT SilentTrac. This is much better than Firestones.

I have comes across good reviews on MRF Markus as well.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 10:53   #4690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
In my opinion, it would be better to replace the tyres. Or get it checked at a good tyre shop and get their feedback.

I have tried Yokohama Earth 1 and GoodYear Wrangler AT SilentTrac. Earth 1 is on the softer side and silent than Firestones. If you are looking for AT then you can check GoodYear Wrangler AT SilentTrac. This is much better than Firestones.

I have comes across good reviews on MRF Markus as well.
Thanks a lot Arun. I was actually hoping to get a reply from you when I posted.
I am planning to visit the tyre shop on the way back from work today. I have an upcoming “God’s own Jeepers” event next month so I am more inclined towards replacing these.
How is the wrangler ATs on road performance? I remember you saying the braking distance has increased after putting them. My compass is a sport petrol and I don’t do any serious off roading. My preference will be towards better highway performance. I don’t want to compromise on handling and braking.
Night Raven is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 11:33   #4691
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Thanks a lot Arun. I was actually hoping to get a reply from you when I posted.
I am planning to visit the tyre shop on the way back from work today. I have an upcoming “God’s own Jeepers” event next month so I am more inclined towards replacing these.
How is the wrangler ATs on road performance? I remember you saying the braking distance has increased after putting them. My compass is a sport petrol and I don’t do any serious off roading. My preference will be towards better highway performance. I don’t want to compromise on handling and braking.
Regarding the braking performance and comfort, Yokohama is better than GoodYear. And when you compare GoodYear with Firestones, I would say GoodYears are better even on the braking performance. The main plus of GoodYear is, they are better on bad roads when compared to other options.

I think for your requirement, you can stick to Yokohama. Check for MRF as well.

Michelin has 235/60/17 (Primacy SUV), but it is very expensive.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 11:56   #4692
BHPian

I am planning to buy a new Jeep Compass Model (S) 4 x 2 AT by September 1st week.

I have a couple of questions for the Jeepers here

1. Dash-cam: I want to know if getting a dash-cam is a prudent move. I am in Bangalore and it has become difficult to drive manuals. I will be selling my Kushaq Manual and I never had the need in it for dashcam. But many of my friends and colleagues who have bought new cars have got dash-cams installed. With the rising cases of road rage, is it a prudent decision? I am also worried about dealer opening up the plastic for the wire insertions and ruining the fit and finish?

2. PPF: I am getting a grey color compass; Folks say that for lighter colours PPF might not be required. Its an investment of close to 80-90K. Is it worth the investment/ hassle?
Old 25th August 2024, 02:19   #4693
BHPian

Dash cam is very useful especially in Bangalore traffic and the road rage incidents you see on u tube. Getting it at the dealer will be very expensive. You can either go the DIY route or at some accessories shop.
PPF is a personal choice. It is very expensive. I never felt the need for one. Good wax polish every 3-6 months is good enough.
AW1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 12:38   #4694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
I am planning to buy a new Jeep Compass Model (S) 4 x 2 AT by September 1st week.

I have a couple of questions for the Jeepers here

1. Dash-cam:

2. PPF:
1. Dash-cam: Use USB Powered simple one like I have DDPAI Basic one. No screen distraction. Discrete and wires can be tucked in roof liner. No need to hardwire to void warranty. Doesnt foul with electronics and warranty. Decent job done. Light on pocket. Takes 10 mins to install yourself. Has worked flawlessly for 1 year for me.

2. PPF: Never a fan of PPF. A well polished car will maintain its shine without PPF also. If you live in areas where lot of bird droppings or cats or small scratches on a parked car is evident then PPF is good else its more of a hype cause trust your sense. If it gets dented then most likely ppf wont save the paint. And you have insurance for that. Except minor ones which is not worth the price. For 80000 you can wash and polish your car professionally 80 times so once in 3 weeks i.e for 4 years. :-) It will stay clean also. No offence to the ones who have done PPF.
Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 14:29   #4695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_MNC_SK View Post
1. Dash-cam: Use USB Powered simple one like I have DDPAI Basic one.

2. PPF: Never a fan of PPF. A well polished car will maintain its shine without PPF also.
Thanks, for the suggestions. Really appreciate it. My car will arrive at the dealer location by tomorrow. Is there a PDI checklist that you can suggest? Any areas to focus on specifically or it is better to get the Team BHP PDI checklist.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks