Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2024, 08:29   #4666
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

I was always curious on how people manage to get mileage of close to 20 or even more on their Compass. I am not someone who is very gentle on the throttle so I usually end up with a mileage of 15-16 on my road trips.

Yesterday, I had to take Mysore Expressway which has a strict speed limit of 100kmph. Even though it was a pain to ensure that we were cruising below 100 on mostly empty roads, the mileage I got was the highest I had ever got on a stretch of about 150 Kms. Mine is a Diesel MT Compass and the mileage on the MID (which I have verified is quite accurate compared to tank to tank) was about 18.7. Looks like 80 to 100 is the sweet spot for maximum mileage.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-20240706_0852282.jpg  

Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 20:27   #4667
BHPian

3 year service update - Jeep Compass Petrol Automatic

After 2 years of pretty terrible service experiences ranging from the car being taken out to public roads and driven at illegal speeds to battery warranty not getting honoured, I finally had a really good experience at PPS Hosur Road, Bangalore for the 3rd year service last weekend. After panning them for the poor experiences in the past, I thought its only fair I call them out for making noticeable changes in their processes.

To be honest, I do not expect a royal after-sales treatment. All I ever really cared for was for the car to be well taken care of, no pushy up-selling and minimal waiting time at the service center. Happy to report that the car was delivered before the committed time, was immaculately cleaned and all requests taken care of. Had a quick word with the service manager and she mentioned they have made large scale changes both in personnel as well as their processes. Kudos

Now, if only Jeep can sort out their product strategy for the Indian market!
TwentyDeewar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 00:20   #4668
BHPian

Greetings,

It has been a while, and I hope the community members are safe, healthy and happily exploring new places in their beloved cars.

I wanted to share more photos of our Jeep Compass from its recent travels.

If anyone wants high resolution (or even RAW) files of the photos, please DM me.

Additionally, while I am not looking for followers, if you like a photo, you'll find its location and additional details on our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pacom_1stsfg/

Jeep Compass : Official Review-_nzf2559hdr_reduced.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-_nzf9599enhancednr2.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-_nzf95202.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-_nzf06302.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-_nzf0102.jpg
parthdmaniar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 00:47   #4669
BHPian

Looks like you have been to Ladakh region. Would love to know your experience
Old 21st July 2024, 01:30   #4670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Jeeper View Post
I was always curious on how people manage to get mileage of close to 20 or even more on their Compass. I am not someone who is very gentle on the throttle so I usually end up with a mileage of 15-16 on my road trips.

Yesterday, I had to take Mysore Expressway which has a strict speed limit of 100kmph. Even though it was a pain to ensure that we were cruising below 100 on mostly empty roads, the mileage I got was the highest I had ever got on a stretch of about 150 Kms. Mine is a Diesel MT Compass and the mileage on the MID (which I have verified is quite accurate compared to tank to tank) was about 18.7. Looks like 80 to 100 is the sweet spot for maximum mileage.
I drive a Diesel AT version. I drove an empty stretch of around 50 km in Odisha, knowing the road notorious for speed cameras and varied speed limits (60/65/80) and charging heavy fines. I maintained a constant speed of 60-65 kmph, and I was using cruise control. I got 20+ kmpl on screen. So the sweet spot may be somewhere in between 65-85 kmph, I believe. MT might calibrate slightly different, may be, few kmph more...
d2krish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 06:19   #4671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy View Post
Hello everyone,

Curious to know if anyone in our Jeep compass family has upgraded the tyre to 235/55/R18 from the stock 225/55/R18?
I would strongly suggest against upgrading the stock tyre size. This would mess up the odometer readings, and would unnecessarily increase the load on engine. The road comfort and driving behavior would also get impacted. The stock size is pretty much decent. I would suggest to go with AT tyres on stock size. Mine are 225/60/R17 and recently went with Goodyear AT, you can checkout details here (Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review).
Old 25th July 2024, 12:09   #4672
Distinguished - BHPian

My Compass after a 1500km drive. Precisely how a touring car should look. Maharashtra in monsoons is heaven.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_6607.jpeg
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 12:09   #4673

Thank you @ ramnaresh_2000 for your kind advice. I am going ahead with stock tyre size. Not sure though if AT would be better for this part of India where monsoon is pretty heavy.
Old 28th July 2024, 10:06   #4674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I would strongly suggest against upgrading the stock tyre size. This would mess up the odometer readings, and would unnecessarily increase the load on engine. The road comfort and driving behavior would also get impacted. The stock size is pretty much decent. I would suggest to go with AT tyres on stock size. Mine are 225/60/R17 and recently went with Goodyear AT, you can checkout details here (Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review).
I agree with all of the points you mentioned.
However, if you like to go for AT tyres, and if you have a set of 18 inch stock rims, you are basically stuck, as there is no AT tyre of the stock size in Indian market yet. Now, it is an irony if you have a 4x4 system in your car but you cannot have a set of AT tyres unless you spend extra to downsize your rims.
I hope I did not miss any of the available options in India.
d2krish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 10:48   #4675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy View Post
Hello everyone,

Curious to know if anyone in our Jeep compass family has upgraded the tyre to 235/55/R18 from the stock 225/55/R18?
As others mentioned, unless there is a specific reason I would suggest sticking to 225 55R18. There are 3-4 options in this size and I have mentioned few of them below. My pick would be Vredestein Ultrac Vorti if you primary have highway usage. It has better load and speed ratings compared to the other two - not saying that slight bump in speed and load ratings matters that much but the general feedback that I have seen for them on Team bhp has also been positive.
  1. YOKOHAMA Blue Earth RV02 98V
  2. VREDESTEIN Ultrac Vorti 102Y
  3. BRIDGESTONE Turanza 98V

These 3 should cost you around 15k per tyre. There are also few imported options like Pirelli which cost upwards of 20k and are not worth it.

If you are looking for AT, you'll probably have to downsize to 17inchers. ATs have their on downsides on turmac so read upon them and decide based on your usage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks