Old 14th February 2024, 16:28   #4531
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Independent View Post
Hi Folks,

I own a model S 4x4 Diesel-auto.

Couple of my observations around the driving ergonomics/comfort in Compass-

Incidentally, my brother has the same two issues after using the same variant for couple of months. The pedals are surely closely spaced, more apparent in manual with an additional pedal. On top of it, the dead pedal is placed at an awkward angle. I drive Longitude manual variant and always felt the same. In my other car, Ecosport AT I feel pedals are reasonably spaced.

1. On the seat adjustment, I felt in S due to electric adjustment, the seat adjusts differently compared to my car. Manually, the seat moves up and front together diagonally. While in S, the base kind of rotates with back as centre.

2. On the throttle response, some part is to be blamed on box tuning. In manual, slightest of pedal input pushes the car forward.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 04:23   #4532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
1. On the seat adjustment, I felt in S due to electric adjustment, the seat adjusts differently compared to my car. Manually, the seat moves up and front together diagonally. While in S, the base kind of rotates with back as centre.
Manual or Electric, I think seats always move 'up and front' or 'down and back' in most of the cars .

Last edited by aah78 : 16th February 2024 at 05:06. Reason: Quote trimmed, period.
Mr.Independent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 08:11   #4533

Completed 2nd year of troubling free running and 2nd service, it was due @ 30,000 kms but my car has run only 14K. SA reported that during inspection they found the battery was weak and on it's last leg so they replaced it for free of cost as it was under warranty, if I had gone a week later it would be out of warranty and I would have to shell out $$ for the battery. OF/AF/PF/FF oil and brake oils were replaced cost me almost 20K
Anandltx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 17:46   #4534

Hi Everyone

I am new here and this is my first post. I am really excited to be a part of this community. I have a 2024 Jeep Compass Diesel Automatic purchased in December 2023 and have 3000 Km on the ODO.

There are some quirks which I have noticed with my car -
  1. Whenever I slow down, the RPM sometimes jumps by around 500.
  2. Earlier the car used to upshift quickly and the RPM used to drop to around 1400. Now more often than not the RPM stays in the range of around 2000 and the upshifts are delayed.

I don't know if this is expected behaviour or if there is some issue with my car.

Attaching few pics of my car.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_2276.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_2264.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 29th February 2024 at 16:37. Reason: Minor typo correction
vaisin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 15:56   #4535
BHPian

A question to fellow Jeep Compass (Diesel manual) owners: What's the crawling speed of your car in 1st gear without touching the throttle?

In 1st gear, my Jeep Compass creeps at 8 km/h with RPM below 1000, and no throttle input. Is that speed and RPM normal?

I recently had my car's clutch replaced at 76K kms (2017 Limited Diesel). It was a bit stiff, and the service center suggested changing the pressure plate and later the flywheel.

Now I'm wondering if the crawling speed in 1st gear has decreased after the replacement. Not sure if it's a real change or just in my head, as I do not have the data from earlier.
Old 1st March 2024, 00:28   #4536
BHPian

Yes, the crawl speed is 7-8 kmph. When you say reduced - what is the speed now? Also appreciate if you could share the cost details
AW1972 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 08:53   #4537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW1972 View Post
Yes, the crawl speed is 7-8 kmph. When you say reduced - what is the speed now? Also appreciate if you could share the cost details
Thanks. The speed now is 8 kmph, I don't remember the speed before the job, it was just a feeling that speed is low now.
And the job cost about 60k.
Old 1st March 2024, 09:01   #4538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
Thanks. The speed now is 8 kmph, I don't remember the speed before the job, it was just a feeling that speed is low now.
Its around 8Kmph only. So, nothing to be worried about.

Quote:
And the job cost about 60k.
Whats the flywheel cost? I heard that the price of flywheel has come down to 28K from 40K.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 10:21   #4539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Whats the flywheel cost? I heard that the price of flywheel has come down to 28K from 40K.
Yes, the SA told it was higher earlier. Actual part cost shown in the bill is 26K for flywheel. Plus 27K for pressure plate, clutch actuator and kit. The job was done at KHT prime Mahadevpura.
motorsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 18:05   #4540
BHPian

I have a dilemma. I own a Crysta VX Diesel Manual purchased 2.5 yrs back and run just 20k kms. The car is excellent in space, comfort, and reliability. But drawbacks are manual transmission, lack of 4WD, and not a driver's car.

Last week, I was passing by a Jeep dealer, and casually walked in to enquire on discounts though I had no real plans of purchasing. The dealer has a Limited (O) 4x4 Diesel AT, Dec 2022 manufacturing vehicle, for which the discounts are around 3.5 lakhs. So the on-road cost comes to around 33 lakhs in Bangalore. Now this is tempting me to swap my Crysta for the Jeep.

I definitely would prefer an AT for Bangalore traffic (in fact Crysta is hardly run 20k kms for 3 yrs since I don't take it to the office, it being a MT). Compass being a driver's car with 4x4 and 6 Airbags is an added advantage.

I am not sure if we can compare Crysta with Compass, but still, the price point is more or less similar. And Crysta having a good resale value is all the more pushing me to take the call.

Question is should I go ahead! Any suggestions or recommendations ?

Suresh
Old 1st March 2024, 23:24   #4541
BHPian

I think it's a very good deal. Once you drive the Compass you will not go back to Innova. Innova is a great people carrier but not fun to drive. Driving it is the most boring. With jeep you will find reasons to take it out on long drives. But then it also depends if you have a passion for driving. Resale value is bad. But if you love and live to drive who cares. 95% of our population is looking for value for money cars. They don't really care how it rides. Before my Jeep I had a Fiat Linea. Some questioned my choice about what was special about the car.
So in short if you love to drive go for it.
AW1972 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 23:26   #4542
BHPian

Quote:
I think it's a very good deal. Once you drive the Compass you will not go back to Innova. Innova is a great people carrier but not fun to drive. Driving it is the most boring. With jeep you will find reasons to take it out on long drives. But then it also depends if you have a passion for driving. Resale value is bad. But if you love and live to drive who cares. 95% of our population is looking for value for money cars. They don't really care how it rides. Before my Jeep I had a Fiat Linea. Some questioned my choice about what was special about the car.
Yes, that is exactly why I am inclined towards Jeep. Even I had a 2013 Fiat Linea MJD for 7 yrs before going in for Crysta due to family requirements. Now I miss the ride quality and the control of Linea.

Offtopic: Today, are there any sedans out there that could rival Linea? VW Virtus, maybe ??
Old 4th March 2024, 23:56   #4543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKannan View Post
I have a dilemma. Now this is tempting me to swap my Crysta for the Jeep.

And Crysta having a good resale value is all the more pushing me to take the call.

Question is should I go ahead! Any suggestions or recommendations ?

Suresh
Hello Suresh,
I am someone who owned a Punto for 7 years. It was my first car. I had vowed to myself I won't buy another Fiat/Jeep. Not because of the car or service issues, in fact both were great. Because I was tired of hunting for service centres, they just kept closing one by one. In spite of all my pledges I went ahead and bought a Jeep Compass 2 years back because all it took was one test drive to fall in love. Still I would tell you to think ten times before doing what you are thinking of doing. It takes a lot of conviction and determination to do that. And the resale value is going to make you cry. I sold my Punto after 7 years for 1.4lakhs where as my wife's i10 which we bought for 8 lakhs we sold for 5.3 lakhs at the end of 4 years. Still hurts me
Night Raven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 12:05   #4544
BHPian

Quote:
Just got information (through alternate sources) that the Limited 4x4 9AT which is being offered a discount of 3 lakhs is a showroom display vehicle and it has been driven between their dealer showrooms and stalls. But this information has still not been shared with me by the sales guy. Should I still consider this? If yes, are any specific checks to be made ?
Old 6th March 2024, 19:54   #4545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKannan View Post
Just got information (through alternate sources) that the Limited 4x4 9AT which is being offered a discount of 3 lakhs is a showroom display vehicle and it has been driven between their dealer showrooms and stalls. But this information has still not been shared with me by the sales guy. Should I still consider this? If yes, are any specific checks to be made ?
I wouldn't buy a showroom vehicle, especially from Jeep. They do not go easy on their vehicles while on test drives. Frankly, you should be able to get around 3 lacs off on a newer, unused vehicle as well. Just ask around multiple dealers, and even call ones out of state. I live in Delhi, but I got a quote from the Agra dealership and used that to get a better deal from the Delhi dealership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks