Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2023, 11:12   #4486
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Another Jeep Compass added to the family. Brother took delivery of S 4x4 AT yesterday from PPS. He was exploring Seltos, Taigun and Harrier and lastly Compass. One long drive in Compass sealed the deal and I also did my small part to hypnotize him in getting the Compass.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20231130wa0004.jpg  

bullitt1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 14:04   #4487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaumik View Post
So either we need to discard the wireless apple car play wi-fi connection or disable the car play option in the car. So finally, the solution which solved this was to deactivate the "Enable Car Play" option under the Jeep Compass phone menu. And now every time I need to connect to the dashcam, I have to first disable this option and then connect. Not a likable solution, but I guess have to live with it.

As I could not find this covered in any of the threads here (excuse me if I have overlooked, was very stressed at that moment), thought of keeping a log of my experience.
I have learnt this the hardway too. Connection and seamless transfer of the captured video happens only when i disable the apple carplay.
Mr.Independent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 22:09   #4488
BHPian

Would like to know if there aftermarket wheel options in 17” for Compass with matching PCD and centre bore.

I feel the wheel design in my new 4X2 AT longitude could have been better, or at least in a darker colour to suit my white Compass.

Has anyone got good experience with aftermarket wheels or will it be a better option to paint the stock wheels to a darker shade of grey or black? Or should I leave them as it is? Please advise!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_6893.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5962.jpeg  

Old 3rd December 2023, 21:32   #4489
BHPian

Hello,

I hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy during these uncertain times. I'm unable to create a poll due to my lack of privileges, so I'm reaching out with a question instead:
  1. Do you use the default tyre size (225/55 R18) for your Jeep Compass? Please respond with either "Yes" or the size that you use.
  1. Also, if you have experience with the default size (225/55 R18), which tyre model would you recommend? Please choose from the following options:
  • Bridgestone
  • Yokohama
  • Pirelli
  • Other (please specify)
Thank you for your time and input.
Old 4th December 2023, 11:41   #4490
BHPian

Jeep launches its first e-vehicle Avenger. Reboot to thier efforts in India. I read it here. https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...nger/105530089
Old 4th December 2023, 19:14   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post

Bridgestone Turanza T001 - These are the stock tyres that came with the car.

Vredestein Ultrac Vorti - New brand on the block, not much feedback available but was reviewed well online.
Hi, it's been more than a year so how are the tyres holding up? Since you are one of the few who have used both Turanza and Ultrac Vorti it would be great if you can share your experience with the forum. Thanks
Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 19:23   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthdmaniar View Post
[*]Do you use the default tyre size (225/55 R18) for your Jeep Compass?
Yes, have been using 225 55R18 Bridgestone Turanzas for more than 2 years now. I feel they're decent tyres. 225 55R18 don't have a lot of options. The only other one worth considering is probably Vredestein Ultrac Vorti. Vredestein is owned by Apollo.

Most of the others like Pirelli are over priced as they need to be imported. So I don't think there are a lot of good options unfortunately.
Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 21:25   #4493
BHPian

I drove my cousin's 4x4 D AT for 2500 km in MP and Gujarat and I have to say this is one commendable car. I started driving my new Hyryder Hybrid and instantly missed the Compass.

*The steering is light for the city and confidence-inspiring for the highways.
*Suspension takes all the potholes hits perfectly, even at high speeds.
*Feature-rich car- I loved the auto tailgate system.
*Powerful engine- I loved the acceleration on the highway.
*Smooth as butter gear shifts.

This is an amazing car but it comes with critical problems.
*When the gear downshifts, many times the RPM increases by 500 for some reason.
* Last year there was an Auto wiper error which came on every time we used the wipers.
Gave the car to the center and they fixed it but the car came back with a leaking sunroof.
* This year when we press the horn, 1 out of 10 times another error comes up with a ding ding sound stating " auto start and off unavailable, driver seat unbuckled"
* Front USB and type C chargers don't work.

There is some serious electrical problem with the car that the SC isn't able to solve and this is the only reason I stay away from these types of cars including VW and Skoda.

They give the ultimate driving experience but are very hard to maintain.
Old 5th December 2023, 14:27   #4494
BHPian

A close friend of mine is looking for Jeep Compass. What can be the best offer we can get considering the year end.

The variant we have finalised in Model S Diesel Automatic. I had an initial discussion with the local dealer. At first he straight away refused any offers and claimed the production to be stopped for this year, but came back later with offers of around 1L.

Is this the best we get ? Anybody recently availed anything better or any further points to negotiate ?
Old 6th December 2023, 15:58   #4495
BHPian

Hello Guys

The battery in my 2 Year old Compass has deteriorated. ASS is suggesting replacing the battery and quoted 12K for an Exide DIN 70 EFB battery. Exide dealer is quoting 8K for the same battery, that too for at home installation.

So my question is:

1) Is it OK to get the battery replaced by an Exide dealer and not JEEP ASS? The SA was saying Auto start/stop may not work and may lead to warranty issues of electricals etc..

2) Is there a better alternative for the above make and model of the battery, considering my running is less and the vehicle sometimes stays parked for a month?
Old 6th December 2023, 16:56   #4496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvaddi View Post
Hello Guys

The battery in my 2 Year old Compass has deteriorated. ASS is suggesting replacing the battery and quoted 12K for an Exide DIN 70 EFB battery. Exide dealer is quoting 8K for the same battery, that too for at home installation.

So my question is:

1) Is it OK to get the battery replaced by an Exide dealer and not JEEP ASS? The SA was saying Auto start/stop may not work and may lead to warranty issues of electricals etc..

2) Is there a better alternative for the above make and model of the battery, considering my running is less and the vehicle sometimes stays parked for a month?
I have just changed in my Compass, same specs from Exide dealer, no problems, start/stop works perfect, infact bought the upgrade that carries a 60 month warrantee. And ASS cannot void warrantee if battery specs are the same to my knowledge.
scooby05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 12:58   #4497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthdmaniar View Post
  1. Do you use the default tyre size (225/55 R18) for your Jeep Compass? Please respond with either "Yes" or the size that you use.
  1. Also, if you have experience with the default size (225/55 R18), which tyre model would you recommend? Please choose from the following options:
  • Bridgestone
  • Yokohama
  • Pirelli
  • Other (please specify)
Thank you for your time and input.
I am currently on the stock tyres on the stock rims of 7 inch width on my S 4x4. Intend to change these to 235/55 R18 Michelin Latitude SUV when possible. Width wise 235 will not be a problem. The international spec Compass 4xe S comes with 235/45 R19 on 7.5 inch width rims as standard. But this tyre spec has a slightly harder ride in my experience, it just crashes through broken patches. The combination of higher sidewall provided by 235 on the R18 and more sidewall flex offered by the 7 inch rim width should provide a better cushion than the R19 wheels.

The only real consideration in using 235/55 R18 could be the overall circumference change causing a slight speedo error when compared to stock but as I have noticed, the stock speedo is calibrated slightly optimistically anyway, so a lower speedo reading with the new tyre size should bring the speedo reading closer to the actual speed. Not sure if this holds true across the entire speed range though.

I am really very hesitant to move away from the Michelin brand, though I would like to try others as well but tyres are not something that you can change on a whim. Most Michelins are excellent in all areas; comfort, noise, efficiency, longevity, grip are all a step ahead of other brands. The difference is quite evident. I have used Primacy, Energy, Pilot Sport; quite a long distance ahead of Bridgestones, Yokos and Hankooks in terms of everything.
Old 12th December 2023, 15:38   #4498
BHPian

Greetings folks !

I recently renewed my Jeep Compass insurance.
Went with ICICI Lombard.

As part of the insurance package they provide a vehicle tracker with a SIM to the customer. They say they will send their technician to install the tracker dongle in the OBD port of the Jeep.

Does anyone else have experience with this device? Basically, doesn't this void warranty?

I look forward to your feedback on this if any.

Thanks in advance !
Old 12th December 2023, 15:47   #4499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Greetings folks !

I recently renewed my Jeep Compass insurance.
Went with ICICI Lombard.

As part of the insurance package they provide a vehicle tracker with a SIM to the customer. They say they will send their technician to install the tracker dongle in the OBD port of the Jeep.

Does anyone else have experience with this device? Basically, doesn't this void warranty?

I look forward to your feedback on this if any.

Thanks in advance !
If your insurance policy is per km driven, then this is how they track your usage. OBD is not designed to be always transmitting data so do keep a lookout. OBD trackers are one of the main reasons for cars to breakdown unexpectedly.
blogslogger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 14:00   #4500
BHPian

Seeking/collecting advice on Modifications and Accessories for a Jeep Compass

I have a Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 from October 2017, and I've completed my 6th year of ownership. It had its ups and downs (considered selling the vehicle at one point), but got through the downs with the help of fellow TBHPians and am loving the vehicle.

This is my first car that I bought with my own earnings, I'm planning to keep the car for as long as possible.

Are there any recommended sources for modifications and accessories that I can add to freshen up the car a bit? Couldn't find much discussion about it other than in some segments of the review thread so I figured I'd start one here to keep it together in one place and help save time of any future JC owners who get the same itch

Some that I found:
1. Dashcam: 70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro Plus A500. Its wiring is just right to route from the cigarette lighter to the black box housing the rear view mirror (via behind the steering wheel, and under the side and roof lining). I kept it right next to the mirror. I bought this in 2021 before I did the trip from a beach in Thrissur (Kerala) to Graham village and Manali in between the COVID waves. It sure was useful during the trip, and helped shoo away bikers seeing an outstation vehicle and trying to hit us to cause a scene or make some cash. The device allows you to get videos immediately on your phone without having to remove the onboard microSD.
2. Car seat: Evenflo Tribute LX. Its height is just perfect to fit in to just inside the rear seat headrest after fixing with ISOFIX. Doesn't move an inch in any direction once the latches are tightened. It was a good seat and my daughter still uses it, but I feel that it could do with a little but more cushioning. More details at this thread here ("Child Seat" for Babies & Kids).
3. Instrument Cluster & MID Upgrade: I loved this one and am on the fence about trying it out if I can source the cluster. More details in this thread by tbhpian commander.sri (DIY Project | Jeep Compass monochrome MID upgraded to a 7" multicolour one).
4. Head unit upgrade: I had been searching for this in the initial years to get the 360 cameras, but got turned off after the drilling requirements. Later, once I got used to the vehicle, I realised I didn't need the cameras anymore. But if you do, check out this thread by tbhpian vsrivatsa (Operation Jeep Compass : Foxfire Android Head-Unit with a 360-degree camera).
5. Sidestep: Got this fitted from the showroom itself a few years after buying the vehicle. It's super solid with no flex. Help little kids and elderly with getting in and out, but personally for me it is too close to use as a step and actually makes me have to reach out further than usual when I try to bypass it when stepping out of the vehicle.
6. Tire pressure and temperature sensors: I got the Sensairy internal TPMS sensors and they have been great for the most part except when once the cause of the puncture was the sensor's own stem valve. It connects to the app, so no ugly head unit to bother with. The app also sends out push notifications if the air pressure goes above or below a threshold (which we can modify too).
7. Tires: Changed them to Yokohama Earth 1s. Not really happy with it, wish I had gotten something quieter.
8. Wheel lug nut: The chrome covering on the stock lug nuts were a headache at every tire/wheel related service so I changed them to black nuts without the covering. There was a discussion here with tbhpian arun_josie (Jeep Compass : Official Review).
9. Wipers: I almost changed them to Bosch's premium ones before I saw a large number of people taking about the degraded quality and juddering 6-9 months after their swap. I'm currently planning to replace the wiper assembly next year from Jeep itself (though it costs around ₹5k for the front).
10. Headlights: I didn't do the headlamp upgrades because the stock HIDs are good enough so far, but there's a good discussion here (Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review) on those.

Do add to the thread if you have any suggestions.

I'm currently researching on a Diesel Tuning Box, and carpets for the dry season to replace my slush floor mats (is AliExpress still a reliable source?).

Last edited by di1in : 17th December 2023 at 14:09.
di1in is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks