Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2023, 21:01   #4396

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
What was the price + fitting charges for OEM dashcam (front & back) + sunfilm? I am planning for the same.
Sorry for late response, as I just got my Jeep back.

Price & fitting charges (inclusive of GST) are as below:
  • Sunfilm - INR 14000 (wurth make)
  • OEM Dashcam - 34872 (front & back - not sure of model though)
  • Screen Guard - INR 772
  • Door Edge Guard - INR 2590
KartAttack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 12:35   #4397
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I am in a big dilemna and I could use some advice.

I have a 8 year old Linea T Jet. While a great car, it.is showing signs of age and my left leg is screaming for an automatic.

So, am on the lookout for a new car.

Driving a T Jet sort of spoils you.

So, Jeep Compass is on my radar. I am absolutely besotted by the looks. The driving dynamics are there.

I had test driven the petrol a couple of months back and was disappointed. The engine just didn't have the grunt.

My running is about 1800 -2000 km a month and am based in Delhi.

Does the diesel make sense with all the uncertainty regarding diesels in NCR.

Secondly, I am also bothered about the depreciation.

The problem is I don't see any other alternatives either.

Octavia and Superb are not available.

I don't find Harrier/XUV700 though very good cars, very interesting.

I don't want to cross the 40 lac barrier.

Compass fits the bill - I think I can live with the lethargic gear box too. It is the Diesel question that is bothering me.

Please advise.
locopoco777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 13:11   #4398
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post
Hello Friends,

I am in a big dilemna and I could use some advice.

I don't want to cross the 40 lac barrier.

Compass fits the bill - I think I can live with the lethargic gear box too. It is the Diesel question that is bothering me.

Please advise.
Hello, Do check out Hyundai Tucson. Take the test drive, and you might like it. Also, check out Tucson owner reviews on the Forum. Similar to Jeep, Tucson Petrol is also underpowered on paper, but it will get the job done. Besides there limited are options for Petrol like Tiguan, and Kodiaq (expensive). For NCR Region and your monthly running requirement, maybe you can consider EVs too such as IONIQ 5 which is 10-12 over 40l budget, but it is a worthy option.
aseem23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 22:01   #4399
BANNED

Jeep Compass is now dearer by up to Rs. 43,000. Good Strategy by Jeep to increase sales.

Source: https://www.carwale.com/news/jeep-co...p-to-rs-43000/
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot-20230802-21.59.45.png  

aseem23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 15:06   #4400
BHPian

I own a 2022 Jeep Compass manual diesel. Recently i decided to do some damping (DIY) to get better speaker output from the stock speakers. I assumed it would be a simple job after watching some you tube videos of other cars. There was none for Jeep compass. Once i opened the outer door panel, i realised it was going to be a tough job. There is an inner door panel which houses the speaker and the power window set up. So unless you remove this panel, there is no way you can access the outer door panel. And to remove this panel you have to remove the glass. In the process of fitting back the window, i ended up breaking a bolt and that became another headache.

I had no intention of taking a video of the job as i was not even sure if i could accomplish it. Moreover, i had no help for taking the video. Finally got some assistance from my wife. The video is shot mostly backwards, that is fitting back the panel. The quality of the stock speaker is very basic. No brand name and very light weight. The inner door plastics are of very good quality and the wiring is very well taped and harnessed, so there is no movement or noise. I hope this video can be useful to anyone looking to do something similar.

The link to the you tube video is here below

AW1972 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2023, 22:49   #4401
BHPian

Hello everyone, I have a query. Recently I saw one post in a WhatsApp group that connectivity dongle is now available for sport models. My SA also confirmed it is possible to add. The cost was mentioned around 26000. Anyone here has any information or experience doing this?
Old 13th August 2023, 00:52   #4402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Hello everyone, I have a query. Recently I saw one post in a WhatsApp group that connectivity dongle is now available for sport models. My SA also confirmed it is possible to add. The cost was mentioned around 26000. Anyone here has any information or experience doing this?
My Model S came with it not installed. It was in a box in the dashboard. It did not work when plugged in because the app was unable to be registered, there was some message displaying invalid VIN or something around those lines. Pinnacle Jeep helped me to get in touch with Jeep customer care and they paired the module IMEI with the car VIN on their system. It then got registered on the app and started working after that. It should be the same process for other models of Compass assuming the plug in module can be sourced separately. I understand the cellular connectivity of this is provided by Jio. So coverage should be a non issue.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 13:03   #4403
BHPian

The Jeep Experience - The two sides of the coin

We own a 2021 Jeep Compass petrol, and the vehicle itself has been nothing short of amazing. We have done multiple road trips in the last 2 years and we keep wanting to do these more. I have posted before about my love for the machine, and it keeps growing.

The after-sales experience though is a completely different story. And this in Bangalore, where supposedly it's better than the rest of the country.

Year 1 service: It was supposed to be a plain vanilla experience - no complaints, just regular oil and air filter change. To collect the car, I arrived at the time the SA asked me to come, and then was made to wait for an hour. Apparently, the car was in the queue to get cleaned!. Bored, I went through the JeepLife app and saw that earlier that day the car had been taken on the roads and a couple of high speed sorties (much above legal speed limits) had been done. I called the manager and the SA and raised hell. Reason given was they were checking for rattles. I asked them - did I complain about rattles? And what happens if there is a traffic challan, or worse? No response. Manager gave a verbal commitment that they would not take the car out in the future without taking explicit approval.

Year 2 service: Again, supposed to be a painless experience - or so I thought as I had no complaints from my side. Just asked them to check the battery as I had heard about the battery dying randomly on other Jeeps. Now here comes the interesting bit. The battery has a 2 year manufacturer warranty, and the date of the service was a couple of days before my 2 year delivery date anniversary. As it turned out, the battery SoC was at 55%, and the SA recommended that it be replaced under warranty as it was under 70%. Sometime later, the SA called back and said that Warranty cannot be raised as the battery warranty is from the date of invoice and not date of delivery (???). Spoke to the service manager, Chethan, and explained to him that the car was invoiced in the middle of the 2nd wave of Covid (booking was before the wave hit), and hence the delivery happened a month or so after, when things opened up. So asked him to raise an exception and get a goodwill warranty. I agreed to get the battery replaced, pay for the battery, take back the car and get a refund later (that's a story for another day - checking and replacing the battery took 3 days, and I did not want to leave it in the workshop for any longer). It's been 2 months since - from saying that they will cover part of the cost, to saying they have approval for the full cost, to saying the refund is stuck somewhere. I keep following up and I just hear requests for more time. The job card for the service meanwhile is still open (ever heard of SLAs Jeep?).

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but its just very frustrating. Especially when I compare the after-sales experience of our other car - a 12 year old Maruti Swift - which has been very efficient (just as after sales should be).

@Jeep India: Great job sabotaging what is an excellent car. I know people keep complaining about the lean product portfolio and the price - but what will drive you out is your after-sales experience which is anything but premium. Make that right, and my next car will also be a Jeep - else, there's plenty to choose from.
TwentyDeewar is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 15:49   #4404
BHPian

Any news about the Jeep Avenger coming to India?
Old 17th August 2023, 19:07   #4405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
My Night Eagle came with one. First I thought it is just a gimmick. But it is worth having.

It has to be set from dealer level. This needs activation, will take 1 or 2 days.

Works fine. Good thing is, you can check status of your car, you can locate car real time especially when given to someone else or when given to service. All activities like speed , route all recorded and can be accessed remotely in your phone.
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 19:15   #4406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyDeewar View Post
The Jeep Experience - The two sides of the coin

The after-sales experience though is a completely different story. And this in Bangalore, where supposedly it's better than the rest of the country.
In some happy news, very glad to share that the whole situation around the battery goodwill warranty is finally resolved and I got a refund of 80% of the price I had paid towards the same.

For anyone who is in a situation where they are not too happy with the after-sales and/or are following up with the service centre directly - something which worked for me was to raise a formal complaint with the Mopar customer care number: 1800 266 5337. Things moved infinitely faster for me once a ticket was assigned.

While this ended well for me, it took many follow-ups over 2 months, a formal complaint and a Team BHP post. Jeep should do the right thing by the customer by default, and not as damage control. However, the fact that they are keeping tabs on the customer sentiment gives me hope that they are willing to take customer experience seriously.

For now, back to enjoying the beast!
TwentyDeewar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 07:44   #4407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
My Model S came with it not installed. It was in a box in the dashboard...
I choose to get mine S(O)4x4 without this and they didn’t have a problem with that. Wanted to ask what features are available with this that I can control remotely for the car? Other than location and geofencing?
Old 24th August 2023, 19:27   #4408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_MNC_SK View Post
I choose to get mine S(O)4x4 without this and they didn’t have a problem with that. Wanted to ask what features are available with this that I can control remotely for the car? Other than location and geofencing?
1. From a remote control stand point, not much. You can lock, unlock, turn on the blinkers and sound the horn (useful to find your car in a crowded parking lot).
2. Gives you information on fuel %, battery charge and coolant temperature
3. Gives you live location and driving history. I find the driving history particularly useful, especially if I'm giving the car for servicing or to the valet.
4. Driving score - fun feature but not very useful.
5. Some other miscellaneous features like booking your service, though I am not sure if you need a dongle to do this.

Overall, though not as fancy as some of the other manufacturers (like remote starting the car, pre-A/C cooling etc), still been very nice to have!
TwentyDeewar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 11:32   #4409
BHPian

Choose to do a trailhawk inspired hood decal in matt black at a local sticker shop. The design was precut and applied. Charged me 1900 ₹. The official accessory was 12 Grands and not customisable either. How does it look?
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_8435.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_8432.jpeg  

Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 12:50   #4410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_MNC_SK View Post
How does it look?
This is very nicely executed. Looks good too on the silver colour.

There is a slight difference in execution (cutting) when compared to OEM and that is attributed to the limitation of precutting the decal. I am not listing the point because I dont want you to notice it. What you have got is as close to OEM as possible.

If that could have been addressed then one cant even make out that its not OEM.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 26th August 2023 at 12:51. Reason: Typo :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks