Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2023, 17:51   #4381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Writing on behalf of my colleague who own a Jeep Compass Ltd Edition 2019 and recently facing an issue with sunroof motor. He is an active reader of this forum but not a member and seeking suggestions from fellow bhpians.

Hi,

I really appreciate your expert opinion on the below unfortunate instance so any leads / guidance would be of great help. Thanks in advance!

I am a proud owner of JEEP COMPASS and have always received top-notch services until now, however the recent instance has just shattered my confidence. I have provided a synopsis of the same below: .

Kindly advise if the Sunroof motor should be covered under Mopar extended warranty or not. In either case, please help me to escalate this case properly, if any specific email IDs or forums or contact etc, and any other assistance in this regard would be really appreciated.
What exclusions does the warranty papers state? If it doesn't explicitly state that sunroof motors isn't covered, worth chasing for the replacement under warranty.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 20:20   #4382
BHPian

Hi, I was just wondering what the game plan of Jeep India is. I inquired about the price list and there are literally just 4 Compass models on sale!! Model S, Limited, Sport and Nighthawk : all manual diesel - and 2 AT: Model S and Limited, both 4x4. A total of 6 variants. Makes me think should I even consider the Jeep. I love the car but the price and lack of variants makes me think if this is the end game for them and if I’ll get stuck with lack of spare parts/service options very soon. That and the ticking time bomb on diesel cars too. Any thoughts from the Jeepers here?
Old 23rd July 2023, 04:47   #4383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
Hi, I was just wondering what the game plan of Jeep India is. I inquired about the price list and there are literally just 4 Compass models on sale!! Model S, Limited, Sport and Nighthawk : all manual diesel - and 2 AT: Model S and Limited, both 4x4. A total of 6 variants. Makes me think should I even consider the Jeep. I love the car but the price and lack of variants makes me think if this is the end game for them and if I’ll get stuck with lack of spare parts/service options very soon. That and the ticking time bomb on diesel cars too. Any thoughts from the Jeepers here?
Compass has always been a niche product in the Indian market. It's target customer is looking for driving dynamics, safety, build quality, premium interiors and brand value. In that category, I think it still triumphs.

I do consider it a 'value for money' product.
It offers great value compared to every other product in it's segment and even punches a segment above. So it's a case of high price, higher value.

I have no idea what their gameplan or product pipeline is. They were supposedly working on an all new sub 4 meter product but that was later shelved.

Having said that, number of variants can not be a reason for any kind of speculation.
vinodvaddi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 06:36   #4384
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you need to experience good diesel cars the time is now. I agree they are a dying breed. Look at Compass, Harrier, Safari, XUV7OO, Tuscon etc.

As regards to Compass, I think you have all the options except the Manual 4x4. But tell me is that what which is holding you? I doubt.

My suggestion: See what you need and find something which meets all of them or the one which comes closest. There are no two ways about it.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd July 2023 at 20:24.
ampere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 14:34   #4385
BHPian

Globally Jeep have updated the Compass with a new 2.0L turbo petrol engine. Maybe they will introduce it in India as well.
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 17:43   #4386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
What exclusions does the warranty papers state? If it doesn't explicitly state that sunroof motors isn't covered, worth chasing for the replacement under warranty.
Thanks for the input! Yes, sunroof exclusion is NOT mentioned in the Non-coverage section of the warranty(snapshot attached). Neither there’s any mention of sunroof in ‘Non-coverage’ section or in ‘Coverage’ section(snapshot below) of the extended warranty though it states that it’s similar to the main JEEP warranty. So main warranty till 3 years should be referred in conjunction for any such exception, where it’s clearly mentioned that ALL FCA parts are covered except Tires and Batteries. Therefore, I believe that it should be covered and this case can be contested further with FCA India.

Any escalation contacts, emails, forums etc that should help get the concern routed in right direction?
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20230722wa0006.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20230723wa0001.jpg  

Maverick Avi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 12:09   #4387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Thanks for the input! Yes, sunroof exclusion is NOT mentioned in the Non-coverage section of the warranty(snapshot attached). Neither there’s any mention of sunroof in ‘Non-coverage’ section or in ‘Coverage’ section(snapshot below) of the extended warranty though it states that it’s similar to the main JEEP warranty. So main warranty till 3 years should be referred in conjunction for any such exception, where it’s clearly mentioned that ALL FCA parts are covered except Tires and Batteries. Therefore, I believe that it should be covered and this case can be contested further with FCA India.

Any escalation contacts, emails, forums etc that should help get the concern routed in right direction?
IMHO, since "Coverage" section lists specific items that are covered by the Warranty, unfortunately FCA might have a case in not covering something not mentioned.

However, I'm not a lawyer, and it's probably worth pursuing them on this since it is a major component that affects the usability of the car (e.g. if the sunroof gets stuck open due to the motor failing, etc)
Old 24th July 2023, 16:27   #4388
BHPian

The Jeep Compass "VIK" completed 1 year last week.
On 20th July 2022, did the Pooja and murti installation after car was back from workshop 12 days later.
9th July( Second day of ownership) -19th July had been an absolute nightmare , captured below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...back-home.html (My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home)

Started with a very rocky start - and not the off road kind.
But looking back, 1 year and almost 21000 kms later - No regrets
What an adventure its been.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230720-09.32.03.jpg  

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 24th July 2023 at 16:27. Reason: edit
vinitbhavi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 17:27   #4389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
The Jeep Compass "VIK" completed 1 year last week.
On 20th July 2022, did the Pooja and murti installation after car was back from workshop 12 days later.
9th July( Second day of ownership) -19th July had been an absolute nightmare , captured below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...back-home.html (My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home)

Started with a very rocky start - and not the off road kind.
But looking back, 1 year and almost 21000 kms later - No regrets
What an adventure its been.
Congratulations Vinit, I know its been a rough start for you. But now all settled down and working well for you.

"VIK" looks stunning even after 1 year.
sameerpb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 21:28   #4390
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I was just wondering what the game plan of Jeep India is.
I visited PPS Jeep showroom last week and SA mentioned that they have an upcoming training at FCA plant next month, which they anticipate to be of the Diesel FWD AT. He also said that there no plans to introduce a new Petrol engine or ADAS by Jeep anytime soon. Also, a 2% hike is on the cards from next month. I'll take the news about Diesel FWD AT with a pinch of salt and believe only when an official announcement is made.
kronos596 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 01:04   #4391
BHPian

I am a happy owner of the 2022 Jeep Compass. Mine is the base 1.4 sport Manual, completed 26000kms about a week back. I have had 2 niggles so far. First one was a loose connector to the wipers, causing them to stop working at random. Second one was when the coolant reservoir developed a small crack resulting in a leak. Luckily I noticed the small hissing and gurgling sound after turning off the engine and it was quickly replaced under warranty by Jeep ASC before coolant level went low enough to throw any overheating warnings.

This is how the leak looked

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_2092.jpeg

A short video showing the crack and leak.

So far I have been immensely happy about my decision. Sometimes I feel I should have extended my budget and got a higher variant, especially looking at the way they have been increasing prices. My wife keeps telling me whenever we upgrade her i10, she won't settle for anything but a Jeep. My 3 year old son keeps putting me in embarrassing situations by showing off his "Jeepie" to cousins and friends

About two months back we took part in an off-road event organised by God's own Jeepers and supported by Jeep India. This was the one time I strongly felt I should have opted for a 4x4. Out of the 21 Jeeps that attended the event there were only two 1.4 P sport models. Me and the other guy in a petrol automatic. We both were so tensed we almost thought of giving up even before the trail started(some other non 4x4 jeep owners actually did also) But we managed to complete the trail and come out unscratched with the other more capable ones. No burnt clutch, no underbody damage, not even a rattle. To be honest, I started respecting my Compass much more after the trail.

Adding a few pics of the unforgettable experience.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_2171.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-pxl_20230521_054103690.jpeg

The official videos from GOJ

Enjoying the Kerala Monsoon after a short drive visiting relatives.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_2290.jpeg
Night Raven is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 16:14   #4392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Sometimes I feel I should have extended my budget and got a higher variant, especially looking at the way they have been increasing prices.
The base petrol variant offered terrific value for the price. It is really appreciable that Jeep equipped the base variant with all four disc brakes and electronic parking brake.
vinodvaddi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 17:16   #4393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post

About two months back we took part in an off-road event organised by God's own Jeepers and supported by Jeep India.
Nice! I would love to be a part of this next time 😃

Was this by FCA itself, or another club?
di1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 20:02   #4394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartAttack View Post
I have given my nighteagle (petrol auto) for the 1st year free service. I requested the service center to equip the jeep with the OEM dashcam (front & back) + sunfilm + door edge guard + touchscreen guard.

What was the price + fitting charges for OEM dashcam (front & back) + sunfilm? I am planning for the same.
Old 30th July 2023, 21:22   #4395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Nice! I would love to be a part of this next time 😃

Was this by FCA itself, or another club?

It was organised by “God’s own Jeepers”, the official Jeep owner’s community in Kerala recognised by Jeep India. I got the notification and details of the trail from the JEEPLIFE app only. Contacted the organisers and then paid the required amount. It was a well planned and conducted event.
Night Raven is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks