Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2023, 12:31   #4366
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtriplover View Post
Has anyone else faced this problem before? Also, in cases when car is idle for a long time, what is the best method to start the car without harming the engine?
I think your battery drained, it may be the reason why it took multiple attempts to start the car and initially, the warning light glowed up.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 15:47   #4367

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
I think your battery drained, it may be the reason why it took multiple attempts to start the car and initially, the warning light glowed up.
Could be, the car had been sitting idle for nearly 15 days. I am wondering if it is okay to crank the car (with push start button) in these situations? If not, is there any alternative?
Old 30th June 2023, 19:41   #4368
BHPian

Quote:
Could be, the car had been sitting idle for nearly 15 days. I am wondering if it is okay to crank the car (with push start button) in these situations? If not, is there any alternative?

When you on the Ignition the glow plug sign comes up. Wait for it to disappear. Also you could check the vehicle battery voltage before cranking it up. Its there in MID. Just need to cycle through. If its low better to jump the vehicle. I just fired my Model S after 10 days of inactivity as I was driving a petrol i10 teaching my kid brother driving these last 10 days.

That aside I have a question. Just sold my Thar Crde which had an awesome light setup. 110 W x2 Headlamps on a relay and Ceramic holders along with 100 x 2 Hella Lamps and 55 x 2 Hella lamps = more than 500 Watt of upfront Halogen. The compass Model S with its LED Projectors seems underpowered in the dark. I know I cannot add lights like before due to warranty issues but was thinking of putting a Hella LED Bar and plugging in the Cigarette Lighter port. 35 Watt it is and port is rated 120 W so should do the trick. Only I am interested if anyone has a better idea. And any route to route that wire from the front into the cabin. Or any better ideas.
Old 30th June 2023, 20:01   #4369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_MNC_SK View Post
. I know I cannot add lights like before due to warranty issues but was thinking of putting a Hella LED Bar and plugging in the Cigarette Lighter port. 35 Watt it is and port is rated 120 W so should do the trick. Only I am interested if anyone has a better idea. And any route to route that wire from the front into the cabin. Or any better ideas.
If you add an auxiliary light which comes with its own wiring , switch etc and will not involve messing with stock wiring , why would there be any issues with warranty? The only challenge here is how to wire it to the high beam , so that the stock headlight switch can be used to activate it, if a signal can be obtained without cutting the wire , that would be good. It's not convenient to drive with a 'driving beam' that cannot be dipped at will.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 19:02   #4370
BHPian

Quote:
When you on the Ignition the glow plug sign comes up. Wait for it to disappear.
Above does not apply to a petrol engine.

Quote:
Only I am interested if anyone has a better idea. And any route to route that wire from the front into the cabin. Or any better ideas.
This is illegal where I live in India. And could turn out to be most inconvenient / inconsiderate to other road users.

Quote:
It should be able to start itself after 15 days or even 30 days. I once started a 4 pot Chrysler that was sitting with battery connected for 6 months untouched out in the snow and it started up in a single crank in the peak of winter. Jeep should be also likewise in similar conditions, impressive power management to say the least. The only problem noted was the car was struggling to move as the brakes and rotors were frozen solid with rust and ice after 6 months of sitting. If your battery is dead, it's dead, nothing is going to happen to the car itself if you crank with a dead or dying battery apart from flashing multiple errors on screen that may seem to make no sense.
Old 4th July 2023, 19:12   #4371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Above does not apply to a petrol engine.

This is illegal where I live in India. And could turn out to be most inconvenient / inconsiderate to other road users.
I couldn’t make out it was a petrol in his case. My apologies. Point i wanted to put was he could check the voltage prior to cranking. I even had installed a voltmeter to a vehicle for the very same reason which didn’t have option in MID.

Regarding the lights, why would it be illegal to have a driving light installed below the level of headlamps? Seems the local scenario is too bad in your place making cops deem all illegal. In hills it’s essential to have good lights and it hardly causes inconvenience to others if it’s properly levelled and you know where to use it.
I am looking at ideas to route the wire thats it.

You were lucky to fire a Chrysler after 6 months in sub zero temperatures battery all the while connected to the car. Perhaps the battery was very new and well up to its mark or the day was good. We have issues in sub zero here if we park for a few weeks in the open irrespective of vehicle.
Old 5th July 2023, 23:29   #4372

Thank you for the suggestion. I guess in my case, it is going to be a bit easier consider Jeep provides the voltage directly on the instrument cluster. I missed to check it last time during this incident.

Quote:
Point i wanted to put was he could check the voltage prior to cranking.
Old 12th July 2023, 02:47   #4373

Hi fellow jeep compass owners,

Context: This is related to the MID for Jeep Compass 2021 Model S. In the MID, there is an option to customise a "favorite" menu for quickly glancing through key vehicle related information. There is even a dedicated button on the steering wheel to bring up this favourites menu. Within this menu, there are options to set the number of tiles and what information each tile should display. As you can see in the image attached, I have set the tiles to display:
  • Tile 1: Mileage
  • Tile 2: Tyre Pressure
  • Tile 3: Navigation
  • Tile 4: Trip B Data

Question: Does anyone know why Tile 3 is blank? I can modify this tile to show Trip A or Trip B, but it does not show any information if I set it to "Navigation". The tile remains blank even if I enter a destination on the inbuilt maps on the multimedia screen.

Any information around this will be helpful. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_1709.jpeg  

roadtriplover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 10:24   #4374
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I bought my jeep compass in December 2019. So far, i have not faced any issue during monsoon. Recently, i realized that water is coming inside (only at rear left passenger side).
Also, i checked the the boot and found that there is water accumulated on the left side corner.
What could be the reason. Any suggestions please.
With regards
Subrat
Old 20th July 2023, 21:54   #4375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Jeeper View Post
Harsha, how are the tyres holding up?. Interested to know your feedback after using them for 6 months.
Hi,
@Rookie_Jeeper You didn't tag me correctly, So I didn't get notified.
Tyres are holding up superbly. Grip is excellent, comfortable ride and very minimal tyre noise. I used to constantly loose tyre pressure with Bridgestone Turanza, but no issue till now. I've driven around 7,000 km since changing it.
It's the best upgrade to anyone with a Compass, since the stock 225 is under-profiled in my opinion.
Harsha89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 08:54   #4376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG View Post
1. How can a fuel pump can go bad so soon, the car is less than 22k on the odo?
2. I have the warranty so I know that the pump would be changed under warranty. However I want to escalate the issue, so please help me with any emailids, twitter account etc. so that I can escalate it and they act upon on my case quickly.
3. Any other suggestions/advise?

P.S.: Seeing my car getting towed on the tow truck was such a depressing feeling that I can't explain in words.
It is indeed sad to see a car on a flat bed. Regarding your queries:
Fuel pump going bad prematurely could be due to bad quality fuel or a poor quality part. Have you checked that Hyundai i20 is suffering from fuel pump failures as well. Could this be a similar event?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...l-engines.html (Fuel pump failures in Hyundai-Kia vehicles with the turbo-petrol engines)

Tips: Try to refuel when the fuel levels reach one third. Do not wait for the reserve light to appear. Try to find a reputed fuel station, especially a COCO one.

Hope this was a one off case and it wont come back again. Regarding escalation, try to check for contact details of Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar with Jeep owners active online (if Mr. Mangesh is still working in Jeep). He was the lifeline for all of us Fiat owners whenever we were facing serious issues with the service.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 09:13   #4377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any other suggestions/advise?
Before you go onto social media and email all of FCA, give them a chance to attend and fix your issue. Its a Fuel Pump. They can fail.

You resort to all other means only if FCA and the Dealer are not doing their job.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 11:29   #4378
BHPian

Quote:
A horrible experience!

It was such a nightmare, we are lucky that no physical harm happened to us, although it was mental harassment.

I need some help from the experts on this forum:

2. I have the warranty so I know that the pump would be changed under warranty. However I want to escalate the issue, so please help me with any emailids, twitter account etc. so that I can escalate it and they act upon on my case quickly.
I am really sorry that you had a bad experience but glad that it was fixed quickly.

But you mentioned 'Mental harassment', could you shed some light on that part. The reason I am asking is because basis what you shared the things were pretty quick and I don't see any harrasment part here. Is there something which you have not mentioned?

Also, what do you want to escalate here? You got all the services in time i.e. RSA and Pump replacement in a day. I don't see any point in escalation if I were in your place I would have sent an appreciation that things were identified on time and fixed as well.

Whatever you have shared here does not sound to me to be escalated. I would suggest you to accept it and plan your next trip to Ranthambore soon, all these things are sometimes a part and parcel of travelling on our own that's why we purchase warranty, RSA and insurance.
Sahil00090 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 11:29   #4379

Quote:
A horrible experience!

I own a 2021 Petrol AT Jeep Compass. It was run less than 22000 km till 10th June 2023. I was on a trip to Ranthambore with family from Gurugram. We started around 8 am from Gurugram. After driving for around 180 km, the car suddenly stopped accepting throttle input, and then a warning message "Oil Pressure low" appeared on the cluster for 2-3 secs and the engine was shut off automatically. Imagine you are cruising on 90-95 kmph on Delhi - Mumbai expressway with family and all of a sudden the engine is shut off in the middle.
I faced similar situation twice with my 2021 Compass 4x4 AT Diesel.
First Time:
My Compass refused to start on Tirumala Hills. They took my car to VTK Jeep, chennai. They said fuel pump at the diesel tank failed. They said they changed it under warranty. But they lied. They just cleaned it and it started. I even asked them why it is not in the bill. They lied again saying warranty parts won't be in warranty.
Second time:
After two months again broke down but this time in my home town. This time RSA took my car to the place where I purchased it from. They checked the history and told me fuel pump not replaced in Chennai. This time they changed it in front of me and the part appeared in the bill too. All this mess happened from 11000kms - 14000kms on the odo. Now I nearly drove around 30K kms and no issues till date. I am happy for now.

There are two fuel pumps. One is near the fuel tank under the rear seat and other is in the engine (High pressure pump). In your case I think it is High pressure pump. Make sure they change it in front of you and the part appears in the bill. Brands other than Indian and Japanese are very sensitive to fuel quality. Try to fill fuel only from company outlets or reputed ones.

Anyways all brands now a days are having some or other issues. No brand is better. Don't worry. It will be fine after the part is changed. I advice to take extended warranty. Cheers

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd July 2023 at 12:24. Reason: quote content trimmed
TChandraShekar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 15:59   #4380
BHPian

Writing on behalf of my colleague who own a Jeep Compass Ltd Edition 2019 and recently facing an issue with sunroof motor. He is an active reader of this forum but not a member and seeking suggestions from fellow bhpians.

Hi,

I really appreciate your expert opinion on the below unfortunate instance so any leads / guidance would be of great help. Thanks in advance!

I am a proud owner of JEEP COMPASS and have always received top-notch services until now, however the recent instance has just shattered my confidence. I have provided a synopsis of the same below: .

~ Issue: JEEP Compass Sunroof not opening
~ Detail: Sent it to JEEP workshop (Mayapuri, West Delhi) on 17th July'23. They informed that as per their inspection, Sunroof motor has malfunctioned thus have sent it to their Warranty team for approval
~ Expected Response: Fix the sunroof under warranty (moonroof is functional)
~ Actual Response: Denied the repair stating Sunroof motor isn't covered under the Warranty, & asking approx 1 lakh rupees
~ Car specifics: JEEP COMPASS Limited Plus | Diesel MT 4x2 | Registration - Sept 2019 | ODO - 36K

Kindly advise if the Sunroof motor should be covered under Mopar extended warranty or not. In either case, please help me to escalate this case properly, if any specific email IDs or forums or contact etc, and any other assistance in this regard would be really appreciated.
Maverick Avi is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks