Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 09:16   #4351
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
The compass has a firm suspension setup with limited travel, enabling its off-road nature - this Latitude Sport 3 with its soft compound, neutral-ish tread pattern and generous sidewall size helps offset some of the Compass’s low speed jiggly ride on rough surface and undulations.
Harsha, how are the tyres holding up?. Interested to know your feedback after using them for 6 months.

Last edited by Rookie_Jeeper : 19th June 2023 at 09:17. Reason: Fixed few typos
Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 15:03   #4352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek2684 View Post
What are some things to look for when going for a pre-owned Compass? Should it be avoided altogether?

Any help/insights will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. ��
In short, I would avoid buying a petrol variant of the Jeep Compass. The diesel variant is efficient, offers better drivability and that is the reason you find very less used diesel variants for sale. There are a few, but the selling price is inflated.
madhukarmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 08:15   #4353
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Jeep might launch the compass with a decent petrol engine option, the US market just got a 2.0 turbo petrol with 221bhp/300Nm. The transmission is an 8 speed, not sure about the supplier. Here's the C&D article,
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/
avira_tk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 13:19   #4354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Jeep might launch the compass with a decent petrol engine option, the US market just got a 2.0 turbo petrol with 221bhp/300Nm. The transmission is an 8 speed, not sure about the supplier. Here's the C&D article,
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/
The Compass always had a bigger petrol option internationally, though for some reason India got the 1.4l MultiAir. Maybe for the on paper economy figures. With the new engine, guess Jeep can use economies of scale as the same engine is used with different tuning/ extra turbo in the CKD Grand Cherokee.

The 8 speed auto is said to be sourced from Hyundai.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 15:29   #4355
BHPian

So I had this issue with a knocking sound when accelerating or decelerating in gear 1 and 2. The Jeep service Center claimed the issue was due to clutch assembly and changed it.

A year later the sound came back with an irritating jerk added to it.

A third party mechanic shop checked out the vehicle and identified the issue to be this guy — engine Mount (or is it transmission Mount?). It seems to have taken it really bad. Any related parts that i should check for premature damage considering this ones condition?
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-9cc47c81b390410da4543058736e238d.jpeg  

Last edited by di1in : 23rd June 2023 at 15:39.
Old 25th June 2023, 12:05   #4356
BHPian

Guys I've had the Compass, Limited Plus 2.0 for 2.5 years now, the white / grey leather seats seem to be getting dirty now. How do I clean them? I also won't mind taking it to a car spa, if there's a recommended on in Gurgaon?

Thanks, in advance, folks
Old 26th June 2023, 05:27   #4357
BHPian

Hello, fellow BHPians!
I have a question for the forum, I got a good offer (around 2-2.5 lakhs discount) on a new Jeep Compass Sport 1.4 DCT, it is from the last lot produced by Jeep before its discontinuation, should I go for it considering it is now almost 1.6 lakhs cheaper than base manual Jeep Compass Sport Diesel. I was looking for petrol due to my low running, preferably automatic, and this car meets both these criteria. So is it worth a shot!, or should I look at other options?

Kindly advice! Thanks.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 06:34   #4358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Hello, fellow BHPians!
I have a question for the forum, I got a good offer (around 2-2.5 lakhs discount) on a new Jeep Compass Sport 1.4 DCT, it is from the last lot produced by Jeep before its discontinuation, should I go for it considering it is now almost 1.6 lakhs cheaper than base manual Jeep Compass Sport Diesel. I was looking for petrol due to my low running, preferably automatic, and this car meets both these criteria. So is it worth a shot!, or should I look at other options?

Kindly advice! Thanks.
I would advice to go for it if the discounts are good. I bought my Jeep Compass Petrol in Jan 2023 and am really happy with it. Dont have any niggles so far (there was a hill assist query I had but cant seem to reproduce it anymore) and just got my first service done. Seems easier to drive in the city after the first service.
Old 26th June 2023, 06:38   #4359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks4077 View Post
I would advice to go for it if the discounts are good. I bought my Jeep Compass Petrol in Jan 2023 and am really happy with it. Dont have any niggles so far (there was a hill assist query I had but cant seem to reproduce it anymore) and just got my first service done. Seems easier to drive in the city after the first service.
If you don't mind, could you please tell me which model you have and how much it cost on-road?, I see you are from Bangalore, so the prices would be similar.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 06:46   #4360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
If you don't mind, could you please tell me which model you have and how much it cost on-road?, I see you are from Bangalore, so the prices would be similar.
I have the Limited version and it cost me around 32l on road in Bangalore. I took insurance externally, but there was only a few 1000s difference in the quotes from the showroom.
sparks4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 10:51   #4361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
So I had this issue with a knocking sound when accelerating or decelerating in gear 1 and 2. The Jeep service Center claimed the issue was due to clutch assembly and changed it.

A year later the sound came back with an irritating jerk added to it.

A third party mechanic shop checked out the vehicle and identified the issue to be this guy — engine Mount (or is it transmission Mount?). It seems to have taken it really bad. Any related parts that i should check for premature damage considering this ones condition?
I had the similar thunk sound in reverse and first gear - got it checked at the Jeep service centre and found that the same part (Engine C Mount) was worn out. Unfortunately I didn't think of taking a pic of the damaged mount

Apparently there are 3 such mounts (A, B & C) - while replacing the damaged mount, they checked the other two also and said they were okay.
Old 26th June 2023, 18:17   #4362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Guys I've had the Compass, Limited Plus 2.0 for 2.5 years now, the white / grey leather seats seem to be getting dirty now. How do I clean them? I also won't mind taking it to a car spa, if there's a recommended on in Gurgaon?

Thanks, in advance, folks
I was also planning to get the interiors cleaned and was quoted 5-6k, but then came across this cleaner. Worked like a charm, there are many videos online demonstrating how to use it, definitely worth a try.
Attached Images

Old 26th June 2023, 20:16   #4363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
I was also planning to get the interiors cleaned and was quoted 5-6k, but then came across this cleaner. Worked like a charm, there are many videos online demonstrating how to use it, definitely worth a try.
Do make sure you are using a Leather cleaner on the leather seats.
This products looks like an all-purpose interior cleaner which is not suitable to clean leather.
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 08:11   #4364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Do make sure you are using a Leather cleaner on the leather seats.
This products looks like an all-purpose interior cleaner which is not suitable to clean leather.
This is indeed an all purpose cleaner, but the seats are fabric in the middle and leather only at the edges. Have used mostly on fabric, but will go for leather cleaner for the rest, thanks.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 11:52   #4365

A couple of days back, I faced an issue with my Jeep Compass Petrol Model S.

- After 15 idle days (I was on vacation), I tried cranking the push start button and the Compass failed to start. The dashboard started showing weird errors (Service Airbag etc).

- The 2nd attempt to start also lasted around 10-15 seconds with no visible signs that the car will indeed start. I had mentally prepared myself to call the RSA, however, the 3rd attempt did lead to the engine starting, but it died soon after. I also noticed that the coolant temperature was at the coldest (the digital coolant temperature bar was basically empty)

- The car finally started on the 4th push start button.

Has anyone else faced this problem before? Also, in cases when car is idle for a long time, what is the best method to start the car without harming the engine?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks