Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2023, 05:44   #4336
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Got delivery of my Model S 4 x4 2 days ago. Could see that second row has middle headrest with 3 point belt for middle passenger also and that rear seatbelt warning for all 3 passengers are in MID. Can’t remember seeing these in the TD vehicle or before.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_6502.jpeg  

Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 09:05   #4337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_MNC_SK View Post
Got delivery of my Model S 4 x4 2 days ago. Could see that second row has middle headrest with 3 point belt for middle passenger also and that rear seatbelt warning for all 3 passengers are in MID. Can’t remember seeing these in the TD vehicle or before.
This seems to be a new (welcome) change. Jeep idiotically deleted it from India models and that effectively made the compass a 4 seater SUV. Atrocious considering the price.

Abroad the Compass is sold with the middle headrest and seatbelt.

Are there offering this only in the top model? If so:

BTW: just passed Jeeps showroom at Panjim yesterday and it appears shut down/deserted. Not a single model on display, lights off and no staff as early as 6pm on a Saturday.

I think FCA / Jeep are not showing good signs for a brand in India. Looking at their sales numbers, not surprised

Last edited by Vandit : 4th June 2023 at 09:07.
Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 10:50   #4338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
Do you think that clutch plates were burnt and needed replacement.
From the looks of it, yes! But sounds highly unlikely given the fact that the car has run less than 5K km - not sure if that level of abuse is even possible The only other option I can think of - either the part was defective right from factory or it was not installed properly, so as to cause premature wear.

All said and done, good that they are replacing it free of cost.

Last edited by cool_dube : 4th June 2023 at 11:07.
Old 4th June 2023, 13:47   #4339
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Wish you all having a nice Sunday.

To bring up to date about my Jeep issue, the clutch plates assembly has been replaced free of cost. Car was taken to the Noida ASS, by RSA Jeep free of charges, minus toll, which was automatically deducted from my car at the toll gates. The car has been delivered at my place in Aligarh, and charged for this service. Learning:
  1. RSA- Talk to them, if need be their higher ups to reach a reasonable settlement. In my case, they were willing to take my car to the nearest ASS, which was Dehradun, which would have been very inconvenient for me, to collect the car post repair. So requested them to take it to Noida, which was only few kms farther vs. Dehradun. So little bit of reasonable haggling is required. They didn't provide any backup car or the taxi charges for taking the people home. They said they could pay for 80kms taxi charges. I feel, they should have provided full taxi fare. A reasonable expectation I suppose. Finally didn't avail their offer. So satisfaction level 60%. And yes, the outside contractor for the RSA took about 24 hrs to cover a distance of 300 kms. Also this rule of nearest ASS for towing and repair for an underwarranty vehicle and then charging for the delivery of vehicle at home is unreasonable. Its the job of the company to deliver the vehicle post repair to the customer be he is at Timbaktu, if the breakdown fault lies with the company for an under warranty product
  2. ASS- the Jeep ASS, diagnosis, repair and return time of three days was pretty good in my opinion. Satisfaction %100. Their explanation that the defect happened due to faulty driving habit doesn't sit well with me though. One thing of note is that last one thousand kms of Jeep were driven and clutch operated with a left lower limb prothesis. I usually have to keep the prosthetic foot on the clutch itself as keeping it down on the floor or the footwell rest feels very clumsy to me and sometimes the rxn time is longer than I am comfortable with. That said, I don't think it should cause the clutch burn as the clutch movement with my foot resting on it is minimal and there is no engagement of the clutch with the gears. Would like to listen to the opinion of experts.

Tha car is back home and I am happy and relieved. Overall my experience with the jeep support has been satisfactory.

Regards

Last edited by ampere : 19th June 2023 at 09:22. Reason: Formatted for readability.
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 10:01   #4340
BHPian

Hi all,

So a new issue popped up. We have a 2017 Compass Petrol Automatic that ran 32,500 km which is used by dad. Apparently, dad didn't change the oil from the last service back in 2021, he said he didn't do that since the car was driven just 4,500 km in the past 2 years. Now he had an accident recently and had to change the headlamps, windshield, bonnet, bumper and such but I understand nothing with the engine (total cost came to 7 lakh which we got claimed through insurance).

However, when I drove the car back after finishing the formalities, the oil check warning light popped up. When I went back they said the oil is old and bad since we didn't change for 2 years and needed to do that immediately which I had agreed (oil + oil filter). But even after that, the warning did not go. Then they tried a software update but had no luck. Finally, they check the 'Oil pressure switch' and said they need to see if that need to be replaced (costs around 14k) but will first check if there is any faulty wiring before making the order.

The wiring makes sense if rats or anything but it (not sure if the accident has any relation to this) but found it hard to believe that something like an oil pressure switch can get spoiled with a car that had run just 32,500 km. Not sure if the 'bad' oil spoiled it.

Just mentioning it here (along with the Jeep Compass Petrol Automatic thread) to get thoughts from anyone.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th June 2023 at 17:38. Reason: formatting; spellings
Old 8th June 2023, 16:56   #4341

Hi fellow members,
Just purchased a Jeep Compass Limited 4x4, automatic. Quick couple of question…
1) I use the Hold function all the time when driving and find it a really convenient feature. Are there any pros and cons for this?
2) Haven’t managed to get the front camera working, a step by step tutorial or a link would be of great help.
Any other tips by the veterans in the group would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Old 11th June 2023, 05:04   #4342
BHPian

Quote:
2) Haven’t managed to get the front camera working, a step by step tutorial or a link would be of great help.
Thanks in Advance
You may refer to the below video. It explains almost all functions of the infotainment system, including the camera controls.
d2krish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 10:46   #4343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Singh View Post
Hi fellow members,
Just purchased a Jeep Compass Limited 4x4, automatic. Quick couple of question…
1) I use the Hold function all the time when driving and find it a really convenient feature. Are there any pros and cons for this?
Thanks in Advance
1. The Auto Hold function is convenient in city traffic. But as it relies completely on the brakes, if the rotors are hot after a fast drive, holding the brakes may cause them to warp and later cause vibrations when applying brakes. I tend to avoid holding any car with the brakes and prefer the parking brake to do this once stopped.

2. Maybe it is because the vehicle does not come with a front camera? This facility was provided only on S and Trailhawk which are the top end trims for Compass. On the Meridian they have provided it on Limited trim and that is the top end.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 13:42   #4344

Thanks alphahere,
Will follow your advice on using the parking brake instead of the hold function.
As I recollect the front camera mode is in the car, recall the SA showing it to me, will check it out again. Appreciate your advice. Thanks once again.
Old 11th June 2023, 20:43   #4345
RDG

A horrible experience!

I own a 2021 Petrol AT Jeep Compass. It was run less than 22000 km till 10th June 2023. I was on a trip to Ranthambore with family from Gurugram. We started around 8 am from Gurugram. After driving for around 180 km, the car suddenly stopped accepting throttle input, and then a warning message "Oil Pressure low" appeared on the cluster for 2-3 secs and the engine was shut off automatically. Imagine you are cruising on 90-95 kmph on Delhi - Mumbai expressway with family and all of a sudden the engine is shut off in the middle.
The sign "D" on the gear was blinking and then "Automatically start/stop not available" flashed on the cluster. It was 42 C temperature and we were without the AC inside the car on the open highway, somewhere near Dhanawar (Rajasthan), just before Dausa.
My 10 yrs old son got really scared as it was the first time that he was experiencing this kind of heat and stopped on open road with nothing around other than open grounds/farmland.
Called up RSA and I literally struggled to make them understand where I was exactly on the road. And the link shared by them "Find me" did not work, how ridiculous! I explained the issue on the phone to the person on the other side, I do not think he listened it with full attention and said the car needs to towed to Jaipur as that was the nearest.
Waited for 1.5 hours and finally the tow truck came, a cab was also arranged to take us to Jaipur. The SA said its problem with the fuel pump and needs to be changed and it will take 3-4 days at a minimum.

It was such a nightmare, we are lucky that no physical harm happened to us, although it was mental harassment.

I need some help from the experts on this forum:
1. How can a fuel pump can go bad so soon, the car is less than 22k on the odo?
2. I have the warranty so I know that the pump would be changed under warranty. However I want to escalate the issue, so please help me with any emailids, twitter account etc. so that I can escalate it and they act upon on my case quickly.
3. Any other suggestions/advise?

P.S.: Seeing my car getting towed on the tow truck was such a depressing feeling that I can't explain in words.
RDG is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 23:21   #4346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG View Post
1. How can a fuel pump can go bad so soon, the car is less than 22k on the odo?
Adulterated fuel can cause fuel pump issues.
arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 18:36   #4347
RDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG View Post
2. I have the warranty so I know that the pump would be changed under warranty. However I want to escalate the issue, so please help me with any emailids, twitter account etc. so that I can escalate it and they act upon on my case quickly.
So the car was picked up and the fuel pump was replaced under warranty within a day at Gurugram Service Center. I hope the car runs without any issues now. the response was quick and I was kept updated on every step.
RDG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 11:32   #4348

Is there any chance that Jeep will re-introduce petrol variant in 2023 in India?
Old 16th June 2023, 11:38   #4349
BHPian

Hi!

I'm in the market for a second-hand car, so why not look for a Jeep Compass? After scouring through the market, I was able to find two cars I really liked:

1. 2022 Model S Petrol: 18,000kms driven w/ extended warranty: 23L
2. 2022 Model S Petrol: 7,000kms driven standard warranty: 24.5L

As this would be my primary car, which I would use to travel between Delhi & Gurgaon (~20kms one way), with the once-a-quarter out-of-station trip, I was wondering if either is a good deal and if I can use this car for the next 7-8 years.

What are some things to look for when going for a pre-owned Compass? Should it be avoided altogether?

Any help/insights will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th June 2023 at 15:14. Reason: Please only use the Team-BHP emojis, as others do not always render :)
Old 16th June 2023, 14:08   #4350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi_dl View Post
Is there any chance that Jeep will re-introduce petrol variant in 2023 in India?
Definitely not in 2023, it is uncertain for future too.
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks