Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2022, 18:48   #3766
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Hi,

Anyone using 265/60R18 on their Compass? Stock size is 225/55R18. Calculator shows a massive difference of 9% to 15% in various parameters.

The reason for asking is I am being offered brand new Bridgestone Duller 265/60 from a Hilux as the said person wants to retain his BGF from his Isuzu which he is “exchanging “. So he takes my 225/55 for his Isuzu, I get brand new Dullers but in 265/60 and he keeps his BGF.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-7ea1a6eed2ef43d781b5016ef6aca1c0.png  

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th August 2022 at 06:38. Reason: Editing for capitalising where required + proper spacing & paragraphing for readability.
docted is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th August 2022, 19:17   #3767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docted View Post
hi,
anyone using 265/60R18 on their compass, stock size is 225/55R18.
Calculator shows a massive difference 9% to 15% in various parameters.
Not recommended.

A: these tyres may not fit your existing alloys and you may need to upgrade.
B: these tyres may not fit your wheel well - fouling with the wheel well on turns and undulations + may require spacers
C: your speedometer would have some massive errors.
D: Bye Bye Warranty
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 21:02   #3768
BHPian

Jeep Compass 1.4 MT petrol: A small drive review after a 112km monsoon drive from Pune to Lavasa and back....

Having returned back to India just a couple of days ago, i was eager to drive the car myself. It was two Adult humans (me and the wife) and 2 adult canines with minimal luggage required for a day trip.

For those not familiar with this route it is mainly some city stretches, some 2 lane countryside roads with typical village traffic and three ascents and descents of twisty ghats two of which have abrupt and extreme angled turns with a fair bit of steep angles, a total of 56km one way. The roads to Lavasa used to be pretty well maintained till 2016 but by now there are lots of potholes and gravel. Today saw some almost continuous rain and a little bit of fog.

I found the power quite good and at times even a bit spirited on even roads. Where the car simply shines is on the potholed bad stretches. I found myself eager to tackle the rough roads and getting that happy feeling of the suspension soaking up even the roughest patches. The steering though a bit on the heavier side is precise and handling on twisties was confidence-inspiring Car simply remains planted at all times.
When it came to the steep inclined sharp ascents the car managed them with ease in 1st and 2nd gear though it was a little strained in 2nd gear in a few turns. Still at no times there felt any lack of power, that too in the first 2 sharp inclined ghats. However ,on the return trip on the Ghat from Lavasa to the entry gate, which does not have as sharp turns as the first two ghats ,there was one turn where the car just lost power during gear shift from 3rd to 2nd gear and would not launch even after putting in 1st gear, eventually stalling. just before stalling I had noticed that the RPM had dropped to 900 RPM.

So it appears that the loss of power is random and erratic or very sensitive to pedal input. I did manage some quick overtakes effortlessly and felt that the maximum surge of power I felt was around 3000 RPM and beyond.

The A-pillar location causes a big blind sector especially felt during turns and the steering wheel sometimes tilts under the effects of going over some deep potholes.

I have got a constant TPMS warning light after going over a deep pothole and the tyre readings showed 33 in both rear tyres, 35 in front left tyre, 33 on front right tyre. I stopped at a gas station and got the air measured. It showed 35 at both rear tyres and 40 in both front tyres. Will be getting that checked soon to see if the TPMS readings are correct or faulty.

Overall, I can say that the car was a pleasure to drive with sufficient power on tap that is very sensitive to pedal input.

Some of the overtakes I managed in MT would not have been possible on the compass AT DCT petrol due to the sluggish gearbox. In my opinion there is a world of difference in the responsiveness between the MT and AT petrol variants.

I feel the TPMS is not accurate. Fuel efficiency as per MID was 8.8 km/litre. Adding some pictures of the car on today's drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220815_184318.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220815_184147.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220815_184105.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 15th August 2022 at 22:25. Reason: Spacing
argchoff is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 21:16   #3769
Senior - BHPian

I知 sorry if I知 literally spamming this thread with too many posts. I知 seeking feedback on the Jeep Compass Petrol automatic, especially its fuel efficiency in bumper to bumper traffic conditions, like in Bangalore. I intend to drive around 35kms everyday in peak hour bumper to bumper traffic and the occasional long drives, probably looking at 15k per year and not more. I keep coming across a lot of negative feedback on the Compass Petrol automatic, especially on its low fuel efficiency and also about its rather slow DCT gearbox. During my two test drives I found the DCT gearbox to be rather quick and actually enjoyable.

I would have loved to pick up the Jeep Compass Diesel automatic if not for its steep price of nearly 35lakhs on road, Bangalore. My only other option is to either book the XUV700 Diesel AT and wait it out, I have no problem in waiting for an year or so. However, I just want to add that I found the Compass a lot more to my liking than the XUV700.

I intend to keep this car with me for the next 6 years minimum, so I was also leaning a bit towards petrol due to any potential emission regulations. In a normal scenario, the diesel compass should fetch a better resale value 6 years down the line, however I知 not sure what the government would actually end up doing.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 12:44   #3770
BHPian

Jeep is all set to increase the prices across all the models from 1st September 2022.

Received this from the dealer over whatsapp.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep-price-hike.jpeg
northstar* is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 14:18   #3771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I知 sorry if I知 literally spamming this thread with too many posts. I知 seeking feedback on the Jeep Compass Petrol automatic, especially its fuel efficiency in bumper to bumper traffic conditions, like in Bangalore. I intend to drive around 35kms everyday in peak hour bumper to bumper traffic and the occasional long drives, probably looking at 15k per year and not more. I keep coming across a lot of negative feedback on the Compass Petrol automatic, especially on its low fuel efficiency and also about its rather slow DCT gearbox. During my two test drives I found the DCT gearbox to be rather quick and actually enjoyable.
We own the 1.4 DCT. I know that a lot has been said about the gearbox, but I find it good enough. It's a supremely capable highway cruiser, munching roads like no one's business. Where it catches you out are situations which require you to slow down and then accelerate out fast - the gearbox tends to take a couple of seconds to find the right gear. But if you are a steady driver like me (not slow, but not overtly aggressive as well), and like to cruise between 100-120, the Compass DCT is a great option.

City driving is decent as well, but does require a few tweaks to your driving style. Since you will come across situations where you need to slow down and accelerate quickly more frequently in the city, the gearbox lag will be more noticeable. But drive it in a relaxed manner and its an extremely comfortable place to be in.

Fuel Economy - My MID shows a fuel economy of 12 KMPL at the 10,000 KM mark with mixed usage(60% city and 40% highways). Inside the city, I have seen it fall to 6-7 KMPL in bumper to bumper traffic and settle down around the 8-9 KMPL mark on an average per tankful within the city. I've heard Diesel Compass owners reporting similar numbers so I think its more of a Bangalore traffic issue

Cheers!

A pic with my beast from a recent trip:
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-8031ae702082468b81a5f98d0221ff3d.jpeg  

TwentyDeewar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 14:31   #3772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
the Jeep Compass Petrol automatic, especially its fuel efficiency in bumper to bumper traffic conditions, like in Bangalore.
Jeep Compass Petrol Auto (2022) - BLR
- Bumper to bumper 75% of the time : 8 to 11 km/L
- Highway : 13 to 15 km/L [Not entirely very light foot on gas. I enjoy the power, handling and the open roads.]
- AC on all the time. Windows always closed.
- Loading : 2 or 4 with boot full.
- Done about 7800 km. [mentioning because some posts talk about better efficiency after engine settles in.]

Hope that helps.
CLIX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 14:58   #3773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Jeep is all set to increase the prices across all the models from 1st September 2022.

Attachment 2346996
Similar comms from SA at PPS/MPS motors in HSR Layout, Bangalore. 3-5% increase is being communicated to prospective customers and ones who have already booked.
Old 16th August 2022, 15:35   #3774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Jeep Compass Petrol Auto (2022) - BLR
- Bumper to bumper 75% of the time : 8 to 11 km/L
- Highway : 13 to 15 km/L [Not entirely very light foot on gas. I enjoy the power, handling and the open roads.]
- AC on all the time. Windows always closed.
- Loading : 2 or 4 with boot full.
- Done about 7800 km. [mentioning because some posts talk about better efficiency after engine settles in.]

Hope that helps.
I'm getting 7-8 in Delhi. Mine's done about 3k Kms. And this is with the engine start/stop on for the most part.
What fuel are you using and do you keep start/stop on?
Old 16th August 2022, 23:30   #3775

Re: Rain Sensing Auto Wipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Can you share the video recording of this issue?

If it is under warranty / extended warranty, then better to report this issue at the service center.
I bought a used car from Skinny. When I throw water from a bottle/tap the sensor , it works but it never works in Auto mode in the recent drizzles which we had in Bangalore. However, polo's wipers used to work perfectly.
Old 17th August 2022, 07:43   #3776

Hello guys,

I've booked a Compass Model S Petrol (Green colour) and getting the delivery next week.

1. I need help from fellow Compass owners to decide what all accessories to opt for

2. I also want to understand whether I should get the PPF coating done by the dealer or somewhere else (in Mumbai)

3. Things to check/ensure while taking the delivery

4. Any other advice

Thanks a lot.
neeravp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 09:04   #3777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravp View Post
Hello guys,

I've booked a Compass Model S Petrol (Green colour) and getting the delivery next week.

1. I need help from fellow Compass owners to decide what all accessories to opt for

2. I also want to understand whether I should get the PPF coating done by the dealer or somewhere else (in Mumbai)

3. Things to check/ensure while taking the delivery

4. Any other advice

Thanks a lot.
You could opt for the following things as per your requirements.

1. Get the Jeep Slush floor Mats. They are moulded to the exact floor contours and are really good.

2. Get the brown Color car cover from Jeep, particularly if you park outside.

3. Get the official sun shades, they are really good and require no holes or sticking. They are magnetic and provide great insulation from light and heat.

4. You could invest in a DashCam. Viofo and 70mai cameras are available on Amazon and also from the distributor names nexdigitron. Just google the name.

5. Buy a tyre puncture kit and a good tyre inflated if you go on long trips.

6. Buy a small OBD diagnostic tool, it will come in handy if you even need to diagnose any error lights etc.

7. In my opinion a good ceramic coating is also a good alternative to PPF. It protects the paint and original gloss much better. However if your concern is to protect against brushes etc then PPF.

8. Buy a Jopasu duster and a good microfibre cloth for cleaning the car.

9. Get a good leather cleaner spray bottle.

10. Jeep Compass used to come with small rubber blocks to stick behind the number plates so that they don稚 touch the car. Try to have them fixed so that the plates don稚 touch and rattle with the body of the car.

11. Buy two cans of DEF fluid and keep them at home, they will come in handy. I am assuming your car is diesel.

12. Similarly buy the windshield washer fluid bottles also. The quality of the original fluid is really good.

Well I think that痴 along list for you!! Happy Jeeping.
Traveler is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 13:03   #3778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_drives View Post
I bought a used car from Skinny. When I throw water from a bottle/tap the sensor , it works but it never works in Auto mode in the recent drizzles which we had in Bangalore. However, polo's wipers used to work perfectly.
It should work. I had a similar issue in my previous car Linea and they had to replace the sensor to fix the issue. If you have the video clipping of the issue, then upload it in youtube and share the link here. You can also get it checked at the service center.
Old 17th August 2022, 13:15   #3779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post

Attachment 2346996
Previously manufacturers used to compete to see 'who can give more value'. Now they are competing to be 'who is more expensive'.
These price rises are no more surprising now, Tucson pricing gave them opportunity to increase further.
Old 17th August 2022, 13:17   #3780

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
It should work. I had a similar issue in my previous car Linea and they had to replace the sensor to fix the issue. If you have the video clipping of the issue, then upload it in Youtube and share the link here. You can also get it checked at the service center.
Here is the link.

Please ignore the background kid's noise

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks