Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2022, 18:46   #3736
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Finally did the TD of the new Jeep Compass Model S Diesel AT . The other car am considering is the upcoming Tucson. Coming to the Compass, it somehow just touches the heart. My current car is a Punto Evo 90 hp and I felt immediately at home with the driving characteristics. Its truly an upgrade for anybody in the Fiat ecosystem. It is so agile and spirited. Somehow once I sit in the Jeep , my brain says don't slow down for potholes and the car responds and handles with no fuss. But, once I came back to the rear seat all the fun I had while driving went away. Space is really at a premium compared to Tucson (old one). My brain is not able to justify the back seat at almost 38 lakhs. But keeping that aside the compass is a "Drivers SUV" . Everything now depends on the Tucson's price reveal on 4th August.
Also, any idea if there are discounts for Jeep Compass in Bangalore?

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 29th July 2022 at 19:10. Reason: Added the model of the TD car
ChetanM6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 19:02   #3737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
at almost 38 lakhs.
Pricey. Which variant?
Old 30th July 2022, 09:13   #3738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Pricey. Which variant?
38 lakhs on road I think is meridian not compass but seeing his location (Bengaluru) I won’t be surprised 😀
techfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 09:33   #3739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Pricey. Which variant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
38 lakhs on road I think is meridian not compass but seeing his location (Bengaluru) I won’t be surprised 😀
It is the second in line model of the Compass, below the range-topping Trailhawk. And yes, it is ₹ 38+ lac on-road here in Bangalore, thanks to the atrocious road tax. Trailhawk tips the scale at ₹ 40 lac on road
cool_dube is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 09:47   #3740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Since the government has spent so much of public money to create off road tracks throughout the city , they feel they need to levy higher taxes here in Bangalore .
Anyways , yes the 38 lakhs is for the model S diesel AT. At 38 lakhs this car doesn’t make sense . Attaching the latest price list from Bangalore for anyone who is interested.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NEW PRICE LIST 1ST JULY 2022.pdf (128.3 KB, 505 views)
ChetanM6 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 10:12   #3741
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
At 38 lakhs this car doesn’t make sense.
Tax is applicable to every car, so none of these cars make sense in Bangalore. I just couldn't believe the new Brezza is 17.5 lakhs in Bangalore now, with an old-school automatic and NA petrol combination.

Either ways, at this point, it would make sense to wait for the pricing of the Tucson as well. The diesel-AT combination of the Tucson could be much superior to the 9AT combination on the Compass.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:12   #3742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
It is the second in line model of the Compass, below the range-topping Trailhawk. And yes, it is ₹ 38+ lac on-road here in Bangalore, thanks to the atrocious road tax. Trailhawk tips the scale at ₹ 40 lac on road
Bangalore prices shock me every time. I paid 29.3L for the Diesel AT Limited here in Kolkata and it’s not even been a year. Model S was around 31.3L I think.
Old 31st July 2022, 07:41   #3743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Bangalore prices shock me every time. I paid 29.3L for the Diesel AT Limited here in Kolkata and it’s not even been a year. Model S was around 31.3L I think.

Road tax in Bangalore is the highest in the country, even more than metro city Mumbai.
Which means every car on-road costs more than any city in India.

I bought Compass Sport AT in 25 lacs rupees in Bangalore, in the same amount I could buy Longitude AT in my home town. But that's the sad reality. Cops won't let me live with with a outstation number

But now I think, BH series can solve this problem, one can buy vehicle from their home state and renew the taxes.
RealAbhinavRajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 13:21   #3744

Yesterday morning , I took my jeep to the Thane workshop for the 15000 kms (1 year service). Because it was a Saturday, there were a lot of jeeps waiting to get serviced and by the time I got my jeep back, it was almost evening.

My jeep has the following two issues which I wanted them to address:
  • Fogging in both tail lights.

All four sections of the tail lights(two on the boot lid and two on the body) have developed internal cracks in more or less the same position. Could this be because of some alignment issue with the boot lid?

According to the SA, the fogging was a result of these internal cracks. The tail lights will have to be replaced to fix the fogging issue. Thankfully, the replacement will be covered under warranty as the cracks are internal in nature.

However, the SA did point out to one of the sections where I had applied a little fevikwick and said it may cause problems with replacement under warranty. As a precaution, I had applied a little fevikwick externally to prevent the cracks from widening and letting the water in during the monsoons. I asked the SA to scrape off the fevikwick in case they wanted to ascertain the cracks were internal in nature.
    Hopefully, the fevikwick jugaad wont cost me. While i dont understand the logic behind a simple fix voiding warranty, I have learnt my lesson and henceforth, I will take the vehicle to the service centre before attempting any fix.

It wasn’t possible for them to get the lights replaced yesterday because of the workload. So they will arrange for a pick up on Tuesday and get the lights replaced.
  • some discoloration of the paint in internal sections of door and boot areas. (While the issue couldn't be fixed yesterday, the SA took photographs and said he will speak to people concerned and get back to me.)

The service cost was slightly higher than expected. Apparently, the price list was revised few months back. Attaching a screenshot of the price invoice for future reference.

Overall the experience was pleasing and the SA was quite helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-smartselect_20220731120512_drive.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2022 at 21:36. Reason: Typo
starhash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 14:04   #3745
Senior - BHPian

BHPins,

Does anybody have any birdie info on the Compass ‘cheaper diesel 4x2 AT’ that’s been touted by a few here? I am in line to replace my close to 8 yr young Jetta, and no way want to spend upwards of 30 lacs OTR on Compass diesel AT, neither do I have any need for 4x4. An AT convert now, don’t think I can live with manual car (my Jetta is manual)

Else, I’ll go with Safari or XUV by year end. Both of these are far better VFM.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 20:48   #3746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starhash View Post
Yesterday morning , I took my jeep to the Thane workshop for the 15000 kms (1 year service). Because it was a Saturday, there were a lot of jeeps waiting to get serviced and by the time I got my jeep back, it was almost evening.

The service cost was slightly higher than expected. Apparently, the price list was revised few months back. Attaching a screenshot of the price invoice for future reference.

Overall the experience was pleasang and the SA was quite helpful.
The service costs look pretty normal and not very high. The total amount got jacked up due to the underbody treatment and other TLC items you got done.
Old 31st July 2022, 23:40   #3747

Hi Fellow Bhpians,

I recently purchased a used Jeep Compass Limited Plus Diesel Manual. However, I noticed that the Auto Wiper doesn't start during drizzles etc. I have tried it putting it in both the "A" intermittent settings but to no avail. Am I missing something?
Old 1st August 2022, 14:03   #3748
BHPian

Anybody changed the stock headlights. I drive MY22 Longitude 2D variant and after recent drives in rain and night, find the lights to be grossly inadequate. They scatter a lot with the tiniest of rain and glare.
Old 1st August 2022, 21:23   #3749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starhash View Post

Overall the experience was pleasang and the SA was quite helpful.
Any issues with the fuel filter assembly? The standard practice is to change the fuel filter alone and not the fuel filter assembly. The fuel filter costs around 3K.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 00:36   #3750

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Any issues with the fuel filter assembly? The standard practice is to change the fuel filter alone and not the fuel filter assembly. The fuel filter costs around 3K.
I wasn't aware that usually only the fuel filter is changed. Thanks for pointing this out. Next time I go to get my car serviced, I will check with the SA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks