Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2017, 22:59   #346
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
4. The interiors are a pain to maintain. Have some stains already :(. Can anyone suggest a decent leather seat cleaner?
Meguairs would be a good choice - Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0009IQXG8/..._gy.WzbJ77HAAJ
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 00:31   #347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I'm actually curious as to why people decide to do this. I assume it is purely cosmetic, especially since we live in a tropical country with hot Summers.

When the Polo and the Brezza came with this options I thought no one in India would opt for this, but I was completely wrong.

Wouldn't the black roof make the car much hotter? Is this a trade off between looks of the car to outsiders vs the comfort inside the car?
As per my experience and understanding, I believe it's the glass area that allows-in and traps the heat, rather than a black roof /dark coloured car. The larger the glass area, the more the heat. And it's the front windshield that's the biggest culprit, in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A curious-looking Compass test mule spotted on the streets of Pune by my good friend Autospy

Why curious-looking? Look at the sticker on the rear windshield of this test mule - it reads "1.6 TD(120) -6MT-AWD LTD -UK-60K".

A variant lined up for exports?

Or a new 1.6L diesel mill being tested?
I'm not sure as to what FCA is trying to accomplish by camouflaging the Compass when the car is already on sale and on the roads?

If their intention is to hide the fact that they're testing a new engine / drivetrain, wouldn't they draw less attention to the car of they had left the bodywork as it is, instead of wrapping it in camouflage?

I'm sure the eagle-eyed enthusiast, who caught this car on camera, would have dismissed it for being a regular Compass, had it not been camouflaged!
suhaas307 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 15:38   #348
BHPian

Just took delivery of a red limited Compass today.
RedRaider is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 16:28   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing how much time it took from booking to delivery? In Pune, they have quoted me 8 weeks delivery time. But, not sure if real world delivery time is that long.
Old 22nd September 2017, 17:22   #350
BHPian

Booked o n 28th or 29th July. RTO registration done on 12th September. Took delivery now after the end of the inauspicious fortnight as per our Hindu calendar. Pre cess price. Had to pull some strings for early delivery. Basically, did this only after getting to know about the cess increase.

Longitude variant delivery should not take so long. Limited, probably yes.

Last edited by RedRaider : 22nd September 2017 at 17:45.
RedRaider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 19:41   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Jeep Compass (AT) still having issues - recall in Brazil!

Quote:
Fiat Brazil's Chrysler calls for recall Compass models 2016/2017, exclusively with 2.0 Turbo Diesel engine, for a recall to the transmission.
link
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 21:10   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Could that be the reason for delay in diesel AT launch here?
Old 22nd September 2017, 21:47   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

link
Recall details. As dug up from a link in the link above.
http://www.jeep.com.br/recall-carros-jeep.html#

Original text below from link above.

Jeep Compass Turbodiesel 2016/2017 Setembro/2017
A FCA – FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMÓVEIS BRASIL LTDA. convoca os proprietários dos veículos Jeep Compass, exclusivamente a versão Diesel, ano/modelo 2016/2017 para, a partir de 25 de setembro de 2017, agendarem o seu comparecimento em uma das concessionárias Jeep a fim de providenciar, gratuitamente, a substituição do Cabo Massa da Transmissão. A eventual falha desse componente poderá resultar no desligamento do motor com o veículo em movimento ou, se o motor estiver desligado, impossibilitará nova partida, aumentando o risco de acidentes, com consequentes danos físicos e materiais ao condutor, aos passageiros e a terceiros. O tempo de reparo é de aproximadamente 1 (uma) hora. Solicitamos que agende a sua visita em uma concessionária Jeep de sua preferência. Para consultar os números dos chassis envolvidos e obter mais informações, contate a Central de Serviços ao Cliente Jeep pelo telefone 0800 703 7150 ou acesse o box ao lado

Translated to English:
A FCA - FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMÓVEIS BRASIL LTDA. convenes the owners of Jeep Compass vehicles, exclusively the Diesel version, year / model 2016/2017 to, from September 25, 2017, schedule their attendance at one of the Jeep dealerships in order to provide, free of charge, the replacement of the Cable Transmission Mass. Failure to do so may result in the engine being switched off while the vehicle is in motion or, if the engine is switched off, will prevent restarting, increasing the risk of accidents, resulting in physical and material damage to the driver, passengers and third parties. The repair time is approximately 1 (one) hour. We request that you schedule your visit at a Jeep dealership of your choice. For the numbers of the chassis involved and more information, contact the Jeep Customer Service Center at 0800 703 7150 or go to the next box.

Btw there has been a previous recall for the Jeep Compass in March 2017. Again translated text from the link above.

Jeep Compass Turbodiesel 2016/2017 Março/2017
A FCA FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMÓVEIS BRASIL LTDA. convoca os proprietários dos veículos JEEP COMPASS, motorização 2.0 diesel, ano/modelo 2016/2017, equipados com o dispositivo de chave eletrônica (Keyless Enter-N-Go), para, a partir de 3 de abril de 2017, agendarem seu comparecimento a uma das concessionárias JEEP para que seja providenciada, gratuitamente, a configuração do sistema eletrônico de controle do motor dos veículos. Foi detectado que o dispositivo que permite o desligamento do motor quando a alavanca de câmbio estiver numa posição diferente de P (estacionamento) e a velocidade do veículo for superior a 8 km/h não está habilitado. Em caso de tentativa de utilização, pelo condutor, do referido dispositivo, o seu não funcionamento conforme previsto no manual poderá aumentar o risco de colisão, com consequentes danos físicos e materiais ao condutor, passageiros e terceiros. O tempo estimado de reparo é de 30 (trinta) minutos. Solicitamos-lhe que agende sua visita previamente na concessionária JEEP de sua preferência. Para consulta dos números dos chassis envolvidos e/ou mais informações, contate a Central de Serviços ao Cliente JEEP pelo telefone 0800 703 7150 ou consulte o box ao lado. Com esta iniciativa, a FCA visa assegurar a satisfação de seus clientes, garantindo a qualidade, a segurança e a confiabilidade dos veículos da marca JEEP.

Translated to English:
A FCA FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMÓVEIS BRASIL LTDA. convenes the owners of JEEP COMPASS vehicles, 2.0 diesel engine, year / model 2016/2017, equipped with the electronic keyless entry device (Keyless Enter-N-Go), to, from April 3, 2017, schedule their attendance at one of the JEEP dealers so that the configuration of the vehicle's electronic control system is provided free of charge. It was detected that the device which allows the engine to be switched off when the shift lever is in a position other than P (parking) and the vehicle speed is more than 8 km / h is not enabled. In the event of an attempt to use the device by the driver, failure to operate as prescribed in the manual may increase the risk of collision, with consequent physical and material damage to the driver, passengers and third parties. The estimated repair time is 30 (thirty) minutes. We ask you to schedule your visit beforehand at the JEEP concessionaire of your choice. For consultation of the numbers of the chassis involved and / or more information, contact the JEEP Customer Service Center at 0800 703 7150 or see the box beside. With this initiative, FCA aims to ensure the satisfaction of its customers, guaranteeing the quality, safety and reliability of JEEP brand vehicles. contact the JEEP Customer Service Center at 0800 703 7150 or see the box next to it. With this initiative, FCA aims to ensure the satisfaction of its customers, guaranteeing the quality, safety and reliability of JEEP brand vehicles. contact the JEEP Customer Service Center at 0800 703 7150 or see the box next to it. With this initiative, FCA aims to ensure the satisfaction of its customers, guaranteeing the quality, safety and reliability of JEEP brand vehicles.
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 03:35   #354

Quote:

Hey RedRaider,

Congrats for the new car.

By the way, even I've booked the same car, with the same variant and the same colour.
Are you planning to go for the roof wrap?
Do upload some pics, makes the waiting period a little easier to go through.
rishabharjai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 09:37   #355
BHPian

No roof wrap for now. Maybe a few years down the line, to change the looks.

Meanwhile, I really think the floor mats are worthless. Any good options in the market ? Also, options for rubber mat for the luggage space ?
Old 23rd September 2017, 11:01   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No roof wrap for now. Maybe a few years down the line, to change the looks.

Meanwhile, I really think the floor mats are worthless. Any good options in the market ? Also, options for rubber mat for the luggage space ?
I have ordered these for my compass through amazon and am waiting to receive them.
Elegant 3D Sportivo Black Car Foot Mats For Jeep Compass (Set of 5 Pcs) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B075JF16S4/..._PeFXzb9G8MEXR
I have used mats from Elegant both for my Laura and Yeti in the past and found them good quality.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 15:50   #357
BHPian

Guys,
Check out the 7 layered mats from autofurnish.com. They are totally fabulous. Am planning to order
Old 23rd September 2017, 17:45   #358
Senior - BHPian

Finally test drove Jeep Compass. This was 2.0 MJD 173hp 4x2 drive. Awesome power & torque at all gears! Engine doesn't have usual diesel clatter, was quite silent. Build quality is legendary. Proper SUV suspension, it can take all types of roads with plomb!
Interior is surprisingly bit compact, back space is lesser than Fiat Linea - can accommodate only 2 adults & 1 kid. 3 adults will be a struggle. Steering though EPS, had good feedback like HPS. Gearbox was nice & slick.
Overall, a great SUV to own at a right price point! Wish I was upgrading now...

Last edited by finneyp : 23rd September 2017 at 17:47.
finneyp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 11:20   #359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
As per my experience and understanding, I believe it's the glass area that allows-in and traps the heat, rather than a black roof /dark coloured car.
If you own a black car while living in a hot/humid climate, you'll change your mind. I owned a black Baleno in Manipal, and then bought a white GV with even larger windshield area. The GV stays lot lot cooler than the black Baleno, under exactly similar conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
If their intention is to hide the fact that they're testing a new engine / drivetrain, wouldn't they draw less attention to the car of they had left the bodywork as it is, instead of wrapping it in camouflage?
Bureaucracy! You are making a logical argument. But bureaucracy doesn't allow for logic. If the process says test mules must be camouflaged, then they have to overlook the stupidity and follow the process.
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 11:32   #360
Senior - BHPian

Google used well can answer almost any question.

A link to car colour and heating/air con efficiency: https://www.autotrader.com/car-video...n-video-242940

There are other links/studies as well.

The black roof is yet another unsuited for India thing that people will do for looks and looking cool - ironic in this case!

Actually, the glass house problem is also significant and a car truly designed for the tropics would have the roof extending forward and back a lot more, like the old Fiats/Ambassadors. With today's designs, even driving in shorts can cause sunburn.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks