Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2022, 12:47   #3541
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Mediocre gearbox
Least space in the back seat.
Rattling reported by lots of members.
SC inability to fix the rattles in major cases.
Overpriced.

And Jeep says we are a premium brand, only premium in cost is what it seems like. I was in between intrigued to buy a compass, now I won’t even look at it.

The rattling dislike should be updated in the main review also, it’s a big deal breaker for lot of people, I personally would go crazy if I hear rattles from a brand new car.

Last edited by AtheK : 30th April 2022 at 12:49.
AtheK is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 16:44   #3542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post

The rattling dislike should be updated in the main review also, it’s a big deal breaker for lot of people, I personally would go crazy if I hear rattles from a brand new car.
I hope so too. They claimed they fixed the rattling this time. The same sound coming from the same spot at about 60plus speeds again. We don’t have tar macs in this country or autobahns for that matter. Best we get is some toll highway. If the car makes noise in every highway, then how do we call it a highway cruiser anymore?

Between the noise coming up again and the dent and scratch to my bonnet, my frustration levels are at a whole new level.
sheelapratosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 13:17   #3543
Team-BHP Support

During the media event of the Jeep Meridian - I took up this rattle issue faced by Compass facelift owners.

I was informed that the recent 2022 updates of the Compass have improved on most of the reported complaints. I believe they are not bluffing here as our arun.josie had informed me about this earlier as well. The issue has visibility at the highest management levels (we talked to them directly) and is being ironed out.

We did hear of couple of squeaks and rattles from our media car, but it was abused around the offroad track like 99.9% owners will never do! My car is from the updated batch, has run 3k kms and has the odd squeaks but no irritating rattles yet, and hope it remains that way. Fingers crossed

That said - there is no way to believe if the claim is true. Don't shoot the messenger. The final verdict on this will only be from Team BHP's long term ownership reports. I'll also update on my car as I cover more kilometres.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st May 2022 at 13:50.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 20:06   #3544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
My car is from the updated batch, has run 3k kms and has the odd squeaks but no irritating rattles yet, and hope it remains that way. Fingers crossed
My Compass is from Jan 2022 and has also covered 3k km. However it has now developed a third rattle - driver right side dashboard

On the positive (??) side, the Compass does not have top class NVH and the cabin has of plenty of road/tyre noise. So the rattles are not as annoying as they would have been in a quieter cabin.

Last edited by timuseravan : 1st May 2022 at 20:14.
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 09:53   #3545
BHPian

Quote:
My car is from the updated batch, has run 3k kms and has the odd squeaks but no irritating rattles yet, and hope it remains that way. Fingers crossed
Ditto ! My Jeep has clocked a shade over 4000 km. 2022 version.
The odd squeaks - but not anything that seems to be worrying.
There was that "some loose part jumping around the hollow of the tailgate" problem, for about a week after delivery. Now that has stopped. I am guessing it is that rivet head that is meant to break off (irritatingly inside the body) when the number plate is rivetted. That has probably got stuck someplace: Good riddance.

Aslo a rattle some place behind the mid part of the Dash. Gone now.

Nothing to report now.

I must say I am pretty pleased so far.
CLIX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 09:45   #3546

Mine is Nov 21 mfg batch, its run 4K including a long trip to Goa and back from Mumbai. Touchwood no rattles yet, this Compass has been the best car I have owned/driven (my past cars include Toyota Camry/Nissan Altima/Nissan Rogue/Liva).
My drive to Goa and back was the most comfortable one ever that too without cruise control! Drove straight 7 hours without a single break through ghats, rough patches and highway without an inkling of pain. Below is my post from Mumbai-Goa forum.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5276103

The only trouble I have is the unpredictable behavior of the U connect app/Android auto combination, because of forum discussion I tried to listen to any rattles / any drop in battery voltage but haven't faced this so far.
When I ran over a speed breaker at high speed I even checked out my car at the Landmark service center for any damage, they were courteous enough to do that free.
rebelsmashers is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 17:31   #3547
BHPian

I have booked a Creta DCT SX(O) which have a waiting period of 8-10 months. It is costing me ₹21.7 lacs on road (post price hike by Hyundai).

At the same price, I will get the JEEP Compass Petrol Manual Sports 1.4. My question is since the AT gearbox in Compass is underwhelming, will it be better to get the Compass Petrol Manual Sports 1.4 at the same price? Or should I go with Creta only since apart from the NCAP rating, Creta is quite good from features and the DCT gearbox engine combo and also rear space comfort for 3 people on long drives.

One more question is how is the cost of long term maintenance and spare parts compared to Hyundai. It will be costly for sure but by what ratio on an average..

Last edited by souvikjana83 : 4th May 2022 at 17:35.
Old 4th May 2022, 17:52   #3548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvikjana83 View Post
I have booked a Creta DCT SX(O) which have a waiting period of 8-10 months. It is costing me ₹21.7 lacs on road (post price hike by Hyundai).

At the same price, I will get the JEEP Compass Petrol Manual Sports 1.4. My question is since the AT gearbox in Compass is underwhelming, will it be better to get the Compass Petrol Manual Sports 1.4 at the same price? Or should I go with Creta only since apart from the NCAP rating, Creta is quite good from features and the DCT gearbox engine combo and also rear space comfort for 3 people on long drives.

One more question is how is the cost of long term maintenance and spare parts compared to Hyundai. It will be costly for sure but by what ratio on an average..
If you can stretch for the longitude version of the compass, i would recommend it. As for the auto box, it isn't as slick as the VW/Kia DCT but it felt quite smooth for sedate city driving - I actually booked it myself. But yes, if you don't need the extra features, the manual is quite slick. I wish they offered petrol manual in higher trims. Personally I don't find the creta a car waiting 8-10 months for.

If you haven't already, I would recommend you test drive the compass auto and manual both.
sid3091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 20:48   #3549
BHPian

Quote:
My car is from the updated batch, has run 3k kms and has the odd squeaks but no irritating rattles yet, and hope it remains that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Ditto ! My Jeep has clocked a shade over 4000 km. 2022 version.
The odd squeaks - but not anything that seems to be worrying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsmashers View Post
Mine is Nov 21 mfg batch, its run 4K including a long trip to Goa and back from Mumbai. Touchwood no rattles yet,
Can you post what variant of the Compass do you own? In the pre-facelift version, it was the top S trim which had the most rattle complaints - is it still the case?

Also do you keep your car in covered parking?
I don't have covered parking. I have observed that rattles are present if the car is outside in the hot sun for a long period. Today I went to office early morning before the car had chance to heat up - and there were no rattles at all!
Old 4th May 2022, 20:52   #3550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Can you post what variant of the Compass do you own? In the pre-facelift version, it was the top S trim which had the most rattle complaints - is it still the case?

Mine's a Compass Longitude .
95% of the time parked in in shade.
CLIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 23:33   #3551

Quote:

Mine is Limited Diesel manual, yes keep it in covered parking.
rebelsmashers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 07:27   #3552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can you post what variant of the Compass do you own?
Limited(o) 2.0 MT.
Covered parking.

Not that mine is rattle-free or anything. There are a couple of squeaks and the occasional rattle, but nothing irritating yet. If it is affected by heat - wonder if it's something related to the adhesives or clips used to hold the wiring in place!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 10:37   #3553
Senior - BHPian

Man, I am jealous of you all. All of you have covered parking and I dont and that too in a place like Gurgaon.

With temperatures soaring above 42 degrees in NCR and dust all around, my 6 month old black Compass sits in the open and is almost always covered in dirt/dust by 12 noon despite a morning wash. I am still trying to find someone who can rent me a covered spot in the society - in fact I did, but soon realised that the Compass wont fit in there.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 11:18   #3554
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Went about exploring backyards of Bannerghatta, around Ragihalli. There is this one stretch marked in red which is downhill from Ragihalli would make a good offroad trail. There was loose sand and slope was quite steep, i think uphill climb would be adventurous, didnt try fearing the low lip might take a hit, which already has on another occasion.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220503_114258.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220503_115256.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220503_115927.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220503_142232.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220503_145622.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-capture.png  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-capture1.png  

bullitt1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 11:30   #3555
BHPian

Mine is a D-MT Limited (Bought in December 2021 however, it's an October 2021 make). Driven about 8.6k kms.

I guess it was inevitable for the rattles to come up. But they are not a constant feature.

Identified three places:
(1) the right side dashboard towards the windshield;
(2) left side dashboard near the place where the door meets the dashboard; and
(3) right side front seat, seat belt area (right next to the ear).

I have a covered parking at home, however, it's out in the open at work/courts (where it collects dust by the killo! By the end of the day, it feels like it's not been washed for a month - thinking of using a car cover). Is it the dust that collects leads to these kir-kir/kich-kich type sounds. Music does help in covering that up!

Anyone who's found a solution?

Last edited by AshwinRS : 5th May 2022 at 11:31.
AshwinRS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks