Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 21:06   #3331
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
I think it is the Trailhawk version. You can see the Trailhawk logo on the silver coloured Jeep pic you shared.
I think the other versions also get it.

Here is a Limited version.

On a side note, I'm amazed by the amount of alloy wheel options the Compass comes with (In India and also Internationally)....
loki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 00:19   #3332
Senior - BHPian

The Trailhawk has hit the showrooms it seems. YouTubers have started posting Shorts already. Launching soon then.
Old 26th February 2022, 14:54   #3333
BHPian

Just got a new Jeep Compass Petrol auto Model S. Have driven ~250kms. This one is 2022 Manufactured.

- No AC problem. Actually Its really efficient for Bangalore weather. Need to keep it at the lowest otherwise its too cold for my comfort.
-No rattling noise so far but have already seen some issues with the infotainment system. May be all of it are not issues rather my lack of knowledge of how to configure and save settings etc.
- The infotainment system does not start every time automatically when you start the car
- Auto start stop - does not save the last settings
- This is for sure an issue - Memory settings for front seats not working - Dealership says its an software issue but does not look like an as in night these switches are not glowing

For city I am still getting on only 8.4 km/Ltr
Highway not done much but took it for a spin in Hoskote higway - and it showed around 12Km/Ltr

Compared to XUV - its a much refined vehicle. High speed composure is a class of its own. However missing the road presence and pick up of XUV.

Planning for a long trip - would share observation post the trip.
pgupta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 14:31   #3334
Senior - BHPian

The Trailhawk is here. Few changes I noticed:

1. It gets the Rock mode
2. 1 inch taller than the existing car
3. Different bumpers
4. Different tires and alloys.

Looks great in my view.

Pancham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 19:10   #3335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Does anyone here use 3D Kagu Beige colour mats? If yes, could you please post some photos or feedback on it.
I cant speak for the jeep, but I can speak for the beige kagu mats. I used them in my Vento in the past until I sold the car. The mats were beige because back then black wasn't an option. The dirt shows up noticeably and as it ages, it becomes evident. But the one thing I would give it is, the mats survived 6 years of abuse without breaking a sweat. Based on my experience, my next purchase will be black and their new premium variant.

Last edited by SR-71 : 27th February 2022 at 19:17.
SR-71 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 20:47   #3336
BHPian

Hi All,
I upgraded from Verna Petrol (after using it for 90k+ kms) to Jeep Compass Diesel in Sep 2021. It is now 6 months, and 6500 kms on the odo. Compass is a fantastic vehicle with much better stability being the most noticeable difference from Verna. Music system is very good. The speed alarm after 120 kmph is annoying, but that is true for any new car and so nothing much to complain about it. The boot space could have been slightly better (Verna trunk was a lot of space). AC definitely could have been better. Overall a great vehicle, and am very happy about it.

Regards,
Karthik Iyer
kiyer_2000 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 12:29   #3337
BHPian

Last weekend finally took a Test Drive of the Compass at Landmark Worli.
The cabin feel and space in the front is good and seats are really comfortable. Cockpit feel and premium cabin including soft touch is really awesome. The jeep drives well, AC is satisfactory, but definitely has a lag in the AT 9 speed.
The negatives I found are restricted second row space and small boot. For some reason, the second row seats also don't fold flat.

Coming from the XUV this seems to be a big upgrade on Quality , refinement, cabin feel.

The Space restriction in the second row and tiny boot are a let down.

This test drive has gotten me more confused than earlier.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 2nd March 2022 at 12:31. Reason: Format
vinitbhavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 17:21   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Hello All,

Yesterday late evening, booked Compass Model S Diesel. Now the wait begins

Thanks to all the reviews and posts here, was easier to decide. No other cars were evaluated nor test driven.

Guess a Jeep is a Jeep is a Jeep indeed.

Will post the ownership log after I receive the beast.
After the news of Trailhawk, changed my decision, and now have asked the dealership to deliver a Trailhawk.

They dont have any clue when the dispatches would happen for customers?

Any one here is aware of any news on that front?
srikanthpotluri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 11:41   #3339
Senior - BHPian

My Jeep completed 3100 Kms today. It will be 4 months tomorrow since I got it home. Out of these 4, the car was not driven for 2 months (COVID and COVID).

Overall, I am extremely happy with the decision to stretch and get this car. This is a solid well built SUV with enough comfort levels to keep you cocooned after a hard day at office. It could be in my head but the car has become a lot smoother over the last 1000 or so kms or maybe I have become more comfortable driving a diesel car.

On the TLC side, I have not been able to take care of the car much. I have an open (but safe - within the society) parking in my Gurgaon apartment and no matter what you do there will be a layer of dust every day on the car by noon. PPF is not an option perhaps a good detailing job every 6 months will help me retain the shine.

In the last tank full, I got 11.96KMPL - I drive mostly in Delhi and Gurgaon highways. I think its pretty okay.

Sharing some pictures from last Sunday's shampoo wash.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-145d8fbbdbc64e2cb37d5f9a3bfbe480.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-ff8390e85b4c4b1b8b35bbf646973871.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-3aa8efcda09a4583a017e09f7b993bee.jpeg  

Last edited by Pancham : 4th March 2022 at 11:44.
Pancham is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 12:45   #3340
BHPian

hi Jeepers,

For 2021 model how can we use the steering wheel button to change preset FM channels. Everytime I use it, its just tuning up or down, not jumping to the presets.

Also, is there any setting to turn off the DRLs ?
enj0y_ride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 18:38   #3341
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

So for sometime, I have been looking for a new car (preferably an SUV), and Jeep is on the top of that list. Today I got the quotation for Longitude Petrol from my dealer in Jaipur for registration under Bharat series and I seek your views on whether it is good enough or not. Here is the break up -

ESR - 2209000
TCS - 22090
Insurance - 88700
RTO - 50000
Fastag - 500
Discount - 80000

ORP - 2280290.

Please advise as to how much window do I have for negotiation and where is this possible? Because I am not very good at it and I had told him that I liked the vehicle, I think they are exploiting my liking towards the car.
Blacklisted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 00:37   #3342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
Hello Everyone,

So for sometime, I have been looking for a new car (preferably an SUV), and Jeep is on the top of that list. Today I got the quotation for Longitude Petrol from my dealer in Jaipur for registration under Bharat series and I seek your views on whether it is good enough or not. Here is the break up -

ESR - 2209000
TCS - 22090
Insurance - 88700
RTO - 50000
Fastag - 500
Discount - 80000

ORP - 2280290.

Please advise as to how much window do I have for negotiation and where is this possible? Because I am not very good at it and I had told him that I liked the vehicle, I think they are exploiting my liking towards the car.
The insurance costs are usually inflated by car dealers. Please get an insurance quote from outside, which will be noticeably lower, and ask them to match it. They will not refuse, you will save some money here.
As for the Cash Discount of 80,000/- I am not sure for this particular variant and dealer options your city but please refer to my earlier post (Jeep Compass : Official Review) it may be helpful to you in getting an idea.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 08:19   #3343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
Hello Everyone,

ESR - 2209000
TCS - 22090
Insurance - 88700
RTO - 50000
Fastag - 500
Discount - 80000

ORP - 2280290.

This is a 1.4L petrol. So insurance should be around 45k with zero dep. So you have another 40k there. Please get the insurance done from a reputed company outside. In addition to this, cash discount should be around 80k to 100k. Let us know the final numbers they offer you.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 09:17   #3344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
For city I am still getting on only 8.4 km/Ltr
Its the expected mileage. A colleague used to get around the same in Bangalore traffic in his petrol automatic.
Old 7th March 2022, 19:46   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
Sure I get your point. XUV700 customers may not be looking at Jeep Compass due to the price issues. But it does not deter, Jeep customers to look at XUV700 higher trims. Tata has silently taken over 10% of PV market share with in 2-3 years mainly driven by 3-4 product launches. None of us would have been able to conceive in 2010, that one of us would pay INR 15-20L to buy a TML car. One of the pain points of M&M SUVs have been handling and dynamics. The XUV700 seems to have sorted these matters and the test drives that were done on the test tracks where the car was cutting corners at 140 kms was spectacular to watch. I am sure that Fords exit from India would have given warning signals to FCA India team, that India/ China presence does not drive board level decisions in the new world and they have a job to keep. The 7 seater would also be priced upwards of 30 L for base trim. Jeep is selling close to 1k vehicles a month which is a good sign for FCA. I hope they consolidate the success and not let the initial gains wither away like they did in 2018/2019
When it comes to pricing absolutely right Jeep Compass owners can look at XUV700. However XUV has such huge waiting times that by the time of delivery price difference would have gone down considering Mahindra keeps increasing price every 2-3 months.

Eg Compass Model S OTR Delhi is 34L and XUV 700 AWD L OTR 29 L. Mahindra is saying this model will be delivered by end on next year, by then I am sure it would touch 31 L OTR types and similarly Compass also would have become expensive. So question is to get Compass at 34 now or XUV at 31 types in 2023.

Figures are assumptions but cross shopping can definitely happen.

Also At this price point there are so many choices across segments. Get these two or let's say Alturas G4 4×4 considering its getting discount of almost 3L. Nothing wrong with Alturas except it's competition is Fortuner but with discount competition becomes Jeep Compass. Plot keeps thickening.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, MS, T-Fort, ANHV, JC, Endy) when referring to cars or their makers. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Thanks for the support & understanding.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th March 2022 at 07:51. Reason: Mod note attached.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks