Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2021, 14:53   #2431
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Do note both these are known to be gas guzzlers. In a typical bumper-bumper traffic be ready to see figures as low as 5KMPL. In cities with light traffic, you can expect 8-9KMPL.
The mileage on the Crysta in city particularly will depend a lot on your driving style. If you are NOT looking for quick acceleration in lower gears, it will easily give you above 10kmpl. I am consistently getting over 11kmpl in the city with a moderate foot. Go for the Toyota if you want a reliable fuss free experience. However if you are looking for more punchy all round performance, the Compass should be better. You can read up more on my thread if it helps

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ol-review.html (Garnet Queen: My 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta GX MT Petrol Review)
sid_deb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 15:30   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshnag75 View Post
One new query. I hope that my wife who is comfortable driving the Vento in the city will be equally comfortable with the Compass.
Yes she will be comfortable with Jeep Compass. The turning radius may not be the same, but she can pick up the knack with in few days and should not be an issue

Quote:
I gathered that from many reviews. But for my really low usage, will the price premium on the diesel be justified? Also, I confess that I am more of a sedate driver for whom thrilling acceleration and torque don’t matter too much.
Ventilated seats is an useful feature across most of India given the heat and Humidity. On the other features I wont call it an eye candy and is dependent on your personality. I have not used the cruse control feature in my car efficiently unless I drive during nights. Many of the forum members have found it extremely useful. But otherwise I feel Jeep is good replacement for Vento. I am waiting for the 5 seater pricing and the delay in Jeep delivery is assisting my cause and hence not complaining.
On Innova- the additional space may be used by your grandchildren as Innova is set to be around for next 10-15 years

Last edited by BlackPearl : 6th May 2021 at 17:12. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 17:08   #2433
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs everyone.

The Bottomline

A sane, objective mind says go for the Innova Crysta.

The heart screams for the Compass.

Let me take a TD of both and let the missus decide!
Old 6th May 2021, 17:14   #2434
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The heart screams for the Compass.

Let me take a TD of both and let the missus decide!
Always go for what the heart yearns for. If you listen to your head, every time you see a Compass you will get a heartache. If you listen to your heart, you can always convince your head to accept it.
BlackPearl is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 21:07   #2435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Always go for what the heart yearns for. If you listen to your head, every time you see a Compass you will get a heartache. If you listen to your heart, you can always convince your head to accept it.
I know most folks at tbhp love Crysta, but I’ll not go for it. To me, it’s a V-A-N and unless I have a distinct need for people mover en masse, why will I buy it over Compass?

Reliability etc is important but I think Compass will be ‘reliable enough’ for you to take the plunge. Just my + 2 cents!
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 22:05   #2436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The heart screams for the Compass
Why would you cross-shop across these segments? Innova is an out and out people mover, whereas Compass is a great mid-size SUV. If you do not need a 7-seater vehicle, a Compass is bound to bring a much wider grin to your face every time you are behind the wheel. That's a given!
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 23:31   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I know most folks at tbhp love Crysta, but I’ll not go for it. To me, it’s a V-A-N and unless I have a distinct need for people mover en masse, why will I buy it over Compass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Why would you cross-shop across these segments? Innova is an out and out people mover, whereas Compass is a great mid-size SUV. If you do not need a 7-seater vehicle, a Compass is bound to bring a much wider grin to your face every time you are behind the wheel. That's a given!
I took a TD of both, with the family. For my present needs, Crysta seems to win handsdown - 3 votes for it (no voting rights for me ). Even the teenagers in the family were happy to trade the sunroof of the Compass for the roomier and more comfortable second row of the Crysta.

I guess the Crysta is the preferred family car for now. The young heart trapped in a middle aged body will have to wait a few years for the kids to go to college, and my bank balance to level up again; then I’ll get my sights back on a performance vehicle!
ganeshnag75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 00:09   #2438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I took a TD of both, with the family. For my present needs, Crysta seems to win handsdown - 3 votes for it (no voting rights for me ). Even the teenagers in the family were happy to trade the sunroof of the Compass for the roomier and more comfortable second row of the Crysta.
I am sure one day you will be able to follow your heart and get that dream car! All the best!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 20th July 2021 at 10:59. Reason: Post edited.
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 00:51   #2439
BHPian

What is the ideal price for a 2019 used Jeep Compass Limited Plus Diesel MT if we purchase considering the new one is priced at around ₹28L?

This particular car is sold by Jeep dealer, who is also the dealership for Land Rover and Honda, but it’s not a TD vehicle and the previous owner of this car had exchanged this for Range Rover and the dealer is quoting ₹19.5L and the car has run 21k Kms!

And, the dealer isn’t willing to reduce the price as well!

We are planning to replace our 10 year old pre-owned Innova with a 5 seater crossover as we don’t need a 7 seater anymore and we are considering Jeep Compass (new or used) as the next car along with Seltos/Creta!
Old 9th May 2021, 04:30   #2440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
What is the ideal price for a 2019 used Jeep Compass Limited Plus Diesel MT if we purchase considering the new one is priced at around ₹28L?

This particular car is sold by Jeep dealer, who is also the dealership for Land Rover and Honda, but it’s not a TD vehicle and the previous owner of this car had exchanged this for Range Rover and the dealer is quoting ₹19.5L and the car has run 21k Kms!
I bought a 2000km done 2019 Limited Plus MT last year. You should expect at least 2-3L more to come off the asking price.

There is no comparison with Seltos and Creta. Compass is far superior in every manner and at delicious pre loved prices, an absolute steal.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 9th May 2021 at 04:32.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 07:13   #2441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post

And, the dealer isn’t willing to reduce the price as well!

For a Limited Plus, 19.5L is not a bad price. But you can still try to negotiate for 17-18L.

You can also check the below thread, bhpian ramnaresh_2000 bought 2019 Limited model for 16.5L.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ip-review.html (Red Phoenix - My Used Jeep Compass Limited (D) MT : An Ownership Review)
arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 21:44   #2442
Senior - BHPian

I was just checking out some pre facelift Compass's in pre owned. I remember the later variants received a cruise control. But I don't see any Compass with Cruise Control. Can someone please confirm when the Compass pre facelift received Cruise Control?
Old 12th May 2021, 22:06   #2443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I was just checking out some pre facelift Compass's in pre owned. I remember the later variants received a cruise control. But I don't see any Compass with Cruise Control. Can someone please confirm when the Compass pre facelift received Cruise Control?
It is only the automatic variants that had/has the cruise control.
Old 12th May 2021, 22:09   #2444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
It is only the automatic variants that had/has the cruise control.
Yeah. But even not all automatic variants have had the cruise control. I saw some car's listed that were automatic, but didn't have cruise control. Also I am talking about the limited plus variant. Cruise control was added later. But when is my question?
Old 12th May 2021, 22:53   #2445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Yeah. But even not all automatic variants have had the cruise control. I saw some car's listed that were automatic, but didn't have cruise control. Also I am talking about the limited plus variant. Cruise control was added later. But when is my question?
The current AT versions gets Cruise control. Limited plus 2019 variant didn't get this feature.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks