Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2019, 16:02   #301
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
The car was brought from the stockyard to the dealers place to facilitate the PDI for me, which was around 20 kms. The dealer says that they want to avoid the ODO showing above 50kms when they go for registration and that's the reason they disconnected the odo in this case and they normally don't do this for all vehicles. Since the vehicle is Oct manufactured I assume this would not have been used as test drive vehicle. Fingers crossed.
With regards to cars, even if there is one single doubt then it is better to stay away. You may ask them to allot a new car and even if it requires to change your colour preference.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 16:03   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post
No, it's definitely not the usual practice. When I did PDI for my Dzire VXI, ODO showed around 20 kms. I have also done PDI for a few friends' Baleno, Ecosport, Nexon etc. and the ODO was never disconnected.
That's what i too thought. But they say they disconnected just to make sure the ODO doesn't cross 50kms while car goes for registration. They told me they will connnect it now and i can check the odo personally. The car will be in dealers place for a week till registration. I am planning to check again with the odo connected today.
Old 26th November 2019, 17:04   #303
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to check again with the odo connected today.
AFAIK, There's no restriction of 50kms from RTO. Most probably your car has been used as a Test Drive vehicle with the ODO disconnected. It's ultimately up to you to decide if you want a accept a car with unknown history.

It's also strange for a high selling car like DZire that an October manufactured vehicle is offered at the fag end of November. Was it a readily available or did you have a waiting period after booking?
DaptChatterjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 17:51   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer says that it's usual that they disconnect the mid/odo and will only connect before delivery or RTO. Is that the case? Can anyone please confirm?
Dealers are able to re-set the ODO in newer cars up-to a certain reading for one time. This helps them in avoiding any need for disconnecting ODO.

Since it is an OCT manufactured car, you need not worry about long term usage as test vehicle, hence mostly they may have used the vehicle for regular errands. A Hyundai sales guy who used to be my brothers neighbor told about cars used to ferry him and his roommates (all colleagues) to their room from work, they had the ODO disconnected. However, this was not a process which company higher ups were aware of due to the risk involved in any accidental damages with the car.

It was something which these guys were doing and the immediate higher-ups turned a blind eye to.

To make sure this car is not used that way, do check for obvious usage marks. On ABC pedals, tyre threads and all.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 18:52   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Dealers are able to re-set the ODO in newer cars up-to a certain reading for one time. This helps them in avoiding any need for disconnecting ODO. .
Actually in this case the MID was not displayed when i did PDI and hence i couldnt check the ODO reading. On insisting they enabled the MID today evening and the ODO is at 11 kms. The distance from Yard to dealer is 20 kms one way and i assume they had disconnected the ODO before that drive. The car looks new inside and outside and tyres as well. So i have decided to go ahead with the same car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post
It's also strange for a high selling car like DZire that an October manufactured vehicle is offered at the fag end of November. Was it a readily available or did you have a waiting period after booking?
They say that cars take 20 days at least to reach Chennai yard from the plant. So this car would have reached Chennai only around Oct end or Nov first week and the chances of it getting used as a test drive vehicle is less.
pisthpeeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 16:25   #306

Finally went with Triber, for space and convenience for elderly. It is not as refined, powerful or luxurious as Dzire though. 7 seats, slightly higher driving position, higher ground clearance and auto steering return seem to be some of the plus points over Dzire.
Old 26th December 2019, 16:24   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Actually in this case the MID was not displayed when i did PDI and hence i couldnt check the ODO reading. On insisting they enabled the MID today evening and the ODO is at 11 kms. The distance from Yard to dealer is 20 kms one way and i assume they had disconnected the ODO before that drive. The car looks new inside and outside and tyres as well. So i have decided to go ahead with the same car.
Anything that raises suspicion of car being used as test drive vehicle should be dealt with seriously. ODO being disconnected is quite a strong reason IMHO. Even 50-60 kms on odo should be fine to customers as long as its justified. Disconnecting ODO does reflect some wrong doing and puts a question mark on the dealer's credibility. I have been a victim where a TD vehicle was allotted by dealer. It looked brand new with all the check boxes ticked from checklist. The only thing that gave it away was that I clicked a pic of the VIN from window sticker as the TD vehicle was of the same variant and color I had booked. The TD vehicle had ODO of 100+ and the car they showed me was at 16. So invariably they are able to tweak ODOs. I then had to fight a long battle to get this fixed.
Old 12th February 2020, 21:25   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

How Maruti has planned to take on the Aura challenge:

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-dz.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 17:50   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Mid-Life facelift of Dzire rumored to be planned for mid 2020. Redesigned front bumper and rich feature list distribution to the mid variants are in the offing.

Quote:
The mid-spec variants are expected to get features from the top-end variants and the equipment list of the range-toppers will likely be brimmed with the latest SmartPlay touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and cloud-based connectivity functions including live traffic, vehicle alerts and voice recognition as in the soon-launching facelifted Vitara Brezza and Ignis.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/exclusive-202...cted-in-april/

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th February 2020 at 17:52.
Old 16th February 2020, 13:28   #310
BHPian

Will the dzire come now with 1.5 ddis or solely as a petrol car since 1.3 ddis is out of production?
Old 16th February 2020, 17:50   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
Will the dzire come now with 1.5 ddis or solely as a petrol car since 1.3 ddis is out of production?
Maruti Suzuki hasn't been successful in upgrading the 1.5L ddis to bs-6. So, none of their cars would have a diesel variant from April. It's rumoured that the bs-6 1.5L could be ready by Festive season/December. But, as per earlier statements of Maruti, Dzire has slim chances of getting it as cost would be considerably higher. Ciaz, Ertiga, S-cross and Brezza are the models in consideration.

Expecting Maruti to aggressively launch CNG versions (of all variants) for Dzire, Swift and Baleno.
DaptChatterjee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 16:32   #312
BHPian

Got some information that a facelift is being launched.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Dzire : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200320-4.26.43-pm.jpeg  

Maruti Dzire : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200320-4.26.43-pm-1.jpeg  

subhro1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 16:42   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhro1988 View Post
Got some information that a facelift is being launched.
Well, we even have a thread for it.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4752976 (Rumour: Maruti Dzire facelift could be launched in April 2020)
Old 30th April 2020, 14:29   #314
BHPian

Owners and experts please help.
Time has come to say goodbye to my 10yr old wagon r k10. I have two choices. The dzire and the amaze. Now I find that the top manual petrol model Vx of the dzire is at least 60000 bucks cheaper than dzire zxi+. It has all the goodies like cruise control and rear camera. The difference between dzire zxi and zxi + comes to around 90000 just for the additional cruise control and rear camera i think. But the k12 engine appears to be much sweeter than the honda 1.2.
Can you please help me with my decision?
Old 30th April 2020, 15:22   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Owners and experts please help.
Time has come to say goodbye to my 10yr old wagon r k10. I have two choices. The dzire and the amaze. Now I find that the top manual petrol model Vx of the dzire is at least 60000 bucks cheaper than dzire zxi+. It has all the goodies like cruise control and rear camera. The difference between dzire zxi and zxi + comes to around 90000 just for the additional cruise control and rear camera i think. But the k12 engine appears to be much sweeter than the honda 1.2.
Can you please help me with my decision?
Talk of throwing a rock on the hornet's nest! That's one tricky question and you'll get partisan views surely. I'll try with a neutral opinion since I don't own either of the two but have both in close circle.

I'd suggest to go for the DZire. Looks far better from ALL angles. The Amaze looks smashing from the front and then there are some angles (rear 3 quarters for instance) from which it seems hastily finished. Dzire looks very nice & proportionate. I'll go as far as saying its the best looking sub4m hatchback on sale. Also - I somehow don't like how Honda has placed the gear lever on the floor. It looks very rudimentary and 90s like. Reminds me of Mahindra's utility vehicles like Bolero / the Chevy Tavera.

The K12 in a light weight Maruti car is a hoot to drive and the combination is unmatched for mileage & driving pleasure generally. Nor is the Amaze built exactly like a tank in comparison.

In general, Maruti long term service costs tend to be much lower than Honda. I have both in family so know pretty much for sure.

Within the DZire - I think the ZXi is a good package overall. The premium asked for by the ZXi+ is pretty much justified for overall extra goodies that you get with it. But then - it all comes down to whether you really care about those extras. If not - ZXi is good enough. The "V" trims in Maruti have become much low on feature lists over last decade. If one can stretch, Z is the one to pick. V only if the budget cap is hit.

Last edited by Reinhard : 30th April 2020 at 15:27.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks