Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2018, 15:52   #196
BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor : Official Review

As per a news report on Rushlane, an updated Tata Tigor 2018 variant has entered production at the plant in Sanand in time for the Festive Season

The updated features include a 7inch touchscreen system, a shark fin antenna and a revised front grille.

Source : https://www.rushlane.com/new-tata-ti...-12281765.html

Cheers
Uday
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tigor : Official Review-tatatigortiagotouchscreennexonlaunchindia3.jpg  

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tatatigortiagotouchscreennexonlaunchindia4750x430.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 16:16   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
The updated features include a 7inch touchscreen system, a shark fin antenna and a revised front grille.
I had always thought that a shark fin antenna would have made the Tigor look more sportier. Will deploy one on my Tigor when this hits the market!
k88k is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 22:51   #198
Senior - BHPian

I think there will be matte silver border around the projector headlamp bulb. I am not sure it will come in updated model or not but i have seen Tigor with this type of headlamp in Tata Motors Factory 2 Months back.
Old 21st September 2018, 09:51   #199
Senior - BHPian

CarToq.com has an article showing a render of Tigor Cross by our very own SRK (here)

Tata Tigor : Official Review-1.jpg

Quote:
Tata Motors just launched the Tiago NRG, a cross version of its bestselling car. India’s loves cars with butch looks and high ground clearance. We won’t be surprised if Tata Motors decides to give the ‘Cross’ treatment to the Tigor compact sedan as well. Here’s what a Tigor Cross could look like, if and when built.

As the render indicates, the Tigor Cross is likely to get body cladding all around, and this is what will give the car a crossover-ish look-and-feel. Ground clearance could go up by a few mm as well, just like how it happened with the Tiago NRG, which got a 10-mm additional ground clearance.

The Tigor Cross is likely to get 15-inch alloy wheels as standard. Many blacked out bits are likely. The wing mirrors, the front grille, roof and door handles are likely to be blacked out. In other words, the Tigor Cross is expected to be a Tiago NRG with a boot.

If launched,the Tigor Cross will sit at the top of the variant line-up, just like the Tiago NRG. Expect it to command a price premium of Rs. 30,000 over the regular variants. In fact, such a variant could be a good move from Tata Motors to give sales a boost considering the fact that the Tigor is a much slower seller compared to the Tiago.

While it’s unusual for automakers to build crossover-ish variants of their sedans, exceptions do exist. The Volvo S60 Cross Country is one such example. If brought to the market, the Tigor Cross could be the first such car in the affordable segment in India.

As for mechanicals, expect no significant changes. The Tigor is currently offered with two engines – a 1.2-litre petrol with 84 Bhp-115 Nm, and a 1.1-litre turbocharged diesel with 69 Bhp-140 Nm. These engines get 5-speed manual gearboxes as standard while the petrol motor also gets an AMT option.

Tata Motors has planned new variants of the Tigor for India. The JTP version, which will add a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine (108 Bhp-150 Nm) to the range, will be launched soon. There is an electric variant of the car that’s also being prepared for launch.
AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 08:05   #200
BHPian

I am looking for a Tigor petrol and in Hyderabad almost all dealers are having 2017 model. What can be a best price for a 2017 June XZ(O) .
Old 30th September 2018, 12:58   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
I am looking for a Tigor petrol and in Hyderabad almost all dealers are having 2017 model. What can be a best price for a 2017 June XZ(O) .
How is this possible ? It's almost 2019! With facelift rumoured to be launched soon, even the 2018 ones might have good discounts, better to go with this year's model as one and half years might be a bit too much for the car to be stationary.

If you are going for it, then do see if it was a display piece, they might not inform you about it unless you ask more details and where the car is right now. You can ask insurance for free and at least 20K cash discount.
Old 30th September 2018, 14:19   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Unbelievable!

As far as I know, Tata Tigor is doing good (I had to wait for more than one month to get delivery).

There seems something suspicious when dealers are pushing a 2017 model car.

Please check thoroughly, before committing anything.
Old 1st October 2018, 08:11   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
How is this possible ? It's almost 2019! With facelift rumoured to be launched soon, even the 2018 ones might have good discounts, better to go with this year's model as one and half years might be a bit too much for the car to be stationary.

If you are going for it, then do see if it was a display piece, they might not inform you about it unless you ask more details and where the car is right now. You can ask insurance for free and at least 20K cash discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Unbelievable!

As far as I know, Tata Tigor is doing good (I had to wait for more than one month to get delivery).

There seems something suspicious when dealers are pushing a 2017 model car.

Please check thoroughly, before committing anything.
I don't think these are demo vehicles as there are more than 5 Automatics available with some dealers. I am looking for Manual and some dealers are having 4 manuals as well. I inquired with almost all dealers in Hyderabad (Malik, Concorde, Orange and Venkataramana ) and all of them are having the Tigor stock. Interestingly, Orange started their operation in November 2017 only, still they are having one manual and multiple automatics in their stock. Seems like some bad planning happened for Tata in this aspect.
Old 3rd October 2018, 15:37   #204
BHPian

New Tata Tigor Teased, launch slated for festive season.
New Color and new LED tail lamp cluster shown off.

Quote:
This festive season, dazzle the world with your confidence! Bestowed with white crystal effect on the crystal inspired LED tail lamps, the #AllNewTigor is coming soon to mesmerize your senses. Keep watching this space for more!
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 4494
Size:  184.3 KB

Source
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 19:12   #205
BHPian

Another teaser leaks, this time its the headlamp cluster.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 4366
Size:  233.8 KB

Mods kindly merge both these threads.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 19:18   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

A deep colored Tigor will sure look very hot now. I hope these changes along with the new engine options can do some wonders for this car. It sure is a looker from every angle except, the car looks narrow from the rear.
Old 4th October 2018, 18:11   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Updated Tigor teaser takes on Ford's Aspire head-on!

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 09:40   #208
BHPian

New Tata tigor spotted inside Magarpatta city, Pune for AD film shoot. I took these pictures while driving to office. Unfortunately I couldn't take pictures closer as the security guys set up a large perimeter.
Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor_02.jpg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor_01.jpg

Last edited by pranavGTI : 5th October 2018 at 09:41. Reason: Add plural.
pranavGTI is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 15:03   #209
Senior - BHPian

Hilarious to see Tata taking a dig at the car that I should have bought instead of their Tigor

Just two months into the ownership, I found that car has a serious issue of foul burning smell seeping into the cabin at high revs, we do have whatsapp group too and many owners confirmed that issues has not been resolved for most of them (issue seems very common), took mine to the dealership to get it checked, but no luck!

Burning smell comes only after 4K rpm, but car already feels very slow at the topend, one has no other go, but to rev it to max of at least 4.5K rpm on single lane highways to overtake.

Now I feel like having a car which only has good built and nothing else going for it, if I could at least use very little of performance that is available I would be happy enough to hold it for few more years.

Mine is a XZA petrol variant for reference.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 5th October 2018 at 15:04.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 15:21   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Just two months into the ownership, I found that car has a serious issue of foul burning smell seeping into the cabin at high revs, we do have whatsapp group too and many owners confirmed that issues has not been resolved for most of them (issue seems very common), took mine to the dealership to get it checked, but no luck!
Mine is a XZA petrol variant for reference.
What's the mileage on your car? Has the clutch been inspected? Any wear/glazing on it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks