Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2018, 20:30   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor : Official Review

The Tata Tigor now gets a new colour shade, Titanium Grey, which replaces Striker Blue.

Pics courtesy Ankur Sharma & Shivam Chauhan on Facebook.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th February 2018 at 20:31.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 16:47   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

One more pic of the Titanium Grey Tigor during day time:

Tata Tigor : Official Review-fb_img_1519211670740.jpg

Thanks to Prashant Kumar for sharing.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 14:33   #168
BHPian

Tata seems to be making sure customers are refunded handling charges. First it was the Nexon owner last month, now is a Tigor owner.

Were any Tigor owners here charged handling charges by their dealer? If yes, time to mail customer care / Tata CEO.

via Rushlane
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tigor : Official Review-tatatigorhandlingchargerefund1.jpg  

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tatatigorhandlingchargerefund2.jpg  

mayanksabharwal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 11:52   #169
Senior - BHPian

Feb-2018 compact sedan sales numbers (source:autopunditz)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tigor : Official Review-3.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 14:03   #170
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Feb-2018 compact sedan sales numbers
Frankly the Tigor is the only true worthy competitor to the Dzire of the lot right now. But if a TATA and a Maruti both are almost on par we all know which one would sell in India.

The Dzire is great value, feature loaded, spacious and now even looks good. Tigor almost has the European look and feel but looks smaller and size of the car matters in India.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 19:54   #171
BHPian

No news of Tigor jtp? Or was it just for the auto expo?

On another note, today I test drove the AMT. I could not stretch its legs as I was driving through traffic.

Observations: 1st to 2nd gear is definitely notchy and gave the typical head nod. 2nd onwards it was much better. The NVH levels are perfectly acceptable for its price. The ride quality was good. I could not really try the manual mode, but whatever little I drove in M mode, the 2st to 2nd still felt jerky. Brakes were good. Turning radius is fantastic. Overall fit and finish feels good and there are zero sqweeks and rattles. One more thing, the M mode lever is very sensitive to pushes, I wished it had some tactile feel to it. If one is not used to driving it, one can push it more than ones thinking the first time nothing happened, and that can lead to a jerky experience. A tiny click feeling to it would have helped.

Overall, I feel it's a brilliant VFM package. I'm looking for an automatic that would recently seat 5.

I drove Baleno CVT and I'm not sure why but it's ride was more harsh than my Ritz. Definitely didn't like it. Plus I don't know why, but I just couldn't connect to that car the way I felt connected to Tigor. Might be the build or I don't know.

I'm planning to travel to Nasik for a function where I'll test drive the Tigor AMT on open roads, something that I cannot do in Mumbai due to heavy traffic. Let's see how it goes.
Dieselritzer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:37   #172
BHPian

There is one more observation that I forgot to mention, the AC blower noise is a lot right from speed 2 itself. Mind you, it was super chilling and effective, but when there are 4 people on board, speed 1 would not be enough. Noise at speed 2 should have been contained for a more pleasant experience.

Ofcourse this can be diluted by playing music from that awesome system but many a times I have an habit to drive with NO music at all. I just want to drive peacefully, I am thinking of something constructive and for my driving is like meditation and I'm ok with no music at all when I am in the car and during such drives, the blower speed would be noisy.
Old 23rd April 2018, 15:59   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Observations: 1st to 2nd gear is definitely notchy and gave the typical head nod. 2nd onwards it was much better.
Try to drive it in Sport mode, if you have not already.
It reduces the Head Nod effect to greater extents, at least in Tiago.
Old 23rd April 2018, 17:01   #174
BHPian

Yes i did try and it helped. The only aspect of the car that i have not been able to try are as below:

1. Ride and acceleration with 5 on board.
2. Acceleration towards triple digit speeds.
3. Sustained speeds and NVH.

I am in love with this car and hence was eager to see when the JTP versions would roll out but i think its still some years away. I find the car to be a brilliant VFM product for the features and dimensions it provides. If the engine is = or even marginally better than Ritz Diesel, i'll be a happy customer.
Old 5th May 2018, 07:34   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad to see Tata still trying to promote the Tigor ( one would feel they might be tempted to focus only on the Nexon now which is the new flavour of the season). I was just seeing the video of the new song "Tareefan" from the upcoming movie Veere Di Wedding and the last scene features a Tigor which I assume has been shown as the lead actor's personal car.
Old 28th May 2018, 14:17   #176
Senior - BHPian

Booked Tigor XZA few weeks back, taking delivery this friday!

Tata seriously need to let people know about their latest offerings, when I told my friends that, I have booked Tigor from tata, most of them had no idea of how the car looked or in which segment it falls!

Without proper exposure, sales will not improve much, even with all the digital marketing, product may not reach the target audience.

Hyundai on the other hand, has displayed the new Facelift Creta on all popular malls! and it's not even a new product which needs introduction.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 15:16   #177
BHPian

Don't know if this has been reported already here. I saw a Tigor Buzz version at Concorde, Pune showroom on Saturday. As per the SA, Tigor Buzz is based on the XM variant and gets a similar treatment like we saw on Tiago buzz (or some similar variant) a few months back.

Roof is blackened and does not come with alloy wheels. The Tigor was in berry red colour.
Old 29th May 2018, 08:18   #178
Senior - BHPian

With Zest finding taxi market and Indigo phased out, Tata have to promote Tigor aggressively. It has the looks. Only, I wish Tata to provide a more powerful engine as it's perceived weak point is it's engine.
simplyself is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 15:19   #179
Senior - BHPian

Scoop !! Tata readying TIGOR BUZZ Edition.

• Will be based on XT Variant.
  • Gets Gloss Black Mirrors & Roof
  • Buzz Badge on Bootlid.
  • Red Accents on Dashboard.

Tata Tigor : Official Review-img_20180602_151341.jpg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-img_20180602_151344.jpg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-img_20180602_151347.jpg

Source
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 21:43   #180
Senior - BHPian

Have taken delivery of my beautiful looking Tigor XZA in Copper dazzle color! No clear pics since it started raining. Never driven an AMT extensively before, still reached home in one piece

Is there any whatsapp group for Tigor owners in Chennai? PM me if there is any!

Initial impressions:
  • Built quality is just amazing! and car looks stunning, engine has slight vibrations (will it go away?).
  • pickup is decent within city limits. Don't plan to do any sprinted highway driving, so this seems to be good enough.
  • Too early to comment on FE and other aspects, space is weird, I mean it's spacious for four, but car feels like its built around the passengers.
  • Turning radius is just okay for a car of this size.

My scooter's simplicity made me get a automatic car, hope this one is as easy to live with and will help me get more work done in a day.

Most Viewed