Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2024, 19:25   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
You got the Alpha’s original camera?
We used an aftermarket camera. But in your case, at least talk to another accessory shop.
- Or your electrician at MASS to do it on a personal basis outside work hours.

That splicing that this shop guy is saying is not adding up
Old 10th October 2024, 20:02   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
That splicing that this shop guy is saying is not adding up
Maybe I didn't frame my question correctly.

Splicing of wires is just an option and I'm not for it. 100% I am going with the connector fitment (like plug & play) and the accessory guy too suggests the connector fitment only.

I just felt that the charges mentioned for the connectors to be steep i.e. ~ 1k, whereas the camera costs 1.5k. I am not sure of the camera model though as I checked the car hatke site and it shows 3 different camera options.

Quote:
We used an aftermarket camera.
Which camera model did you get? Will help me to select one when I got for the fitment.

Quote:
We used an aftermarket camera. But in your case, at least talk to another accessory shop.
Aside, I spoke to other accessory guys and they quoted higher prices for the entire set-up in the range of 3.5k to 4k. Again, not sure about the camera model.
Old 10th October 2024, 22:26   #1113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Which camera model did you get? Will help me to select one when I got for the fitment..
Sorry, dont remember. It was a generic type of name. Not one of the regular brands like Blau etc.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2024, 19:26   #1114
Distinguished - BHPian

Update regarding ride quality, esp for all those who say the ride is bouncy:

185/65 with 32/30 psi and ride is smooth. No bounciness at all. Did upto 77-78 kmph today, and no sign of discomfort at all.

So if you have upsized to 185/65, or planning to change tyres - then you can safely try this out.
Old 13th October 2024, 01:18   #1115
BHPian

Hi ashvek3141,

I too own a Apr'23 Ignis Zeta BS6 and I have installed a rear camera after facing a lot of reluctance from the Nexa folks to install the camera at the OEM position.
I wanted the camera on the hatch instead of drilling the bumper and declined it at the time of car purchase when the showroom was offering it for free.
Somehow I failed to understand the reason why Nexa folks do not want to install the camera at the OEM location when
1. There is a cut-out for the camera on the hatch
2. The HU is the same as the Alpha and is compatible to support the camera
3. It is a simple plug and play installation.
4. The customer is willing to pay for the OEM parts and installation.

If you check the hatch, it has a slot or the camera that is covered with a dummy right beside the number plate lights. All we need to do is source the camera, the harness and the rest is a plug and play.
Please note that the out-market cameras require a camera activator to connect to the HU while the OEM camera doesn't need any such thing.
I sourced the camera and the harness form the following links and got the installation done at an accessory shop.

1. Ignis Alpha OEM Camera.
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-camera_assy-38163084/
2. Ignis parking camera harness
https://kwidcarsolution.in/product/m...iring-harness/

While it is a slightly costlier setup than what you can get at the Nexa accessory store or out-market, it saves the bumper from an unnecessary puncture and retains the OEM look and feel with it's neat installation.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Shubham
shubham7799 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2024, 08:58   #1116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham7799 View Post
Somehow I failed to understand the reason why Nexa folks do not want to install the camera at the OEM location ..
I believe it is the problem in routing the cable from the camera to the HU in a concealed way. It is a big problem to conceal the cable when installed in the hatch door, but much easier when in the bumper (from bumper it can go below the carpet edge.
Quote:
Please note that the out-market cameras require a camera activator to connect to the HU while the OEM camera doesn't need any such thing.
Then where does the OEM camera connect to ?

Last edited by condor : 13th October 2024 at 09:01.
Old 13th October 2024, 10:05   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
I believe it is the problem in routing the cable from the camera to the HU in a concealed way. It is a big problem to conceal the cable when installed in the hatch door, but much easier when in the bumper (from bumper it can go below the carpet edge.
I would beg to differ here. It was equally simple to conceal the wiring behind the left side A pillar and then taking it through the roof liner to the hatch.
It just took some effort to get the cable in and out of the rubber covering at the hatch door, primarily due a connector at one end. Other than that, it was just pry and hide.

More likely, it was a part vs accessory thing. While the Alpha trim camera comes as a Maruti Genuine Part(which probably the service center team can dole out to an Ignis Alpha), the bumper camera is sold as an accessory(which can be a fit for any variant).

Quote:
Then where does the OEM camera connect to ?
The camera does connect to the HU for display. What I meant there was that out-market camera requires an additional camera/video activator.

For the OEM camera, the connection goes like
Camera -> Connection Harness -> HU
The out-market one connects like
Camera -> Wiring Harness -> Video Activator -> HU.

Regards
Shubham
Old 13th October 2024, 10:28   #1118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It just took some effort to get the cable in and out of the rubber covering at the hatch door, primarily due a connector at one end.
What about the section from the camera location (near number plate) to this rubber ?

Quote:
Camera -> Connection Harness -> HU

Camera -> Wiring Harness -> Video Activator -> HU.
Where do these go on the HU ? Different ports / connection points ?
Old 13th October 2024, 11:55   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
What about the section from the camera location (near number plate) to this rubber ?
We need to tape the camera harness to a steel guide wire and pass it through the metal section.

Quote:
Where do these go on the HU ? Different ports / connection points ?
There is a single port on the HU, meant for the camera. Either of these options can be connected to that port.
Old 14th October 2024, 13:00   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
Hello,

I would appreciate suggestions from the members.

I'm looking for a second car that will be primarily used within city limits. Our primary car is a Seltos 2023 GTX+ Diesel AT. I wanted to buy an S Presso, but today, we went to Nexa to check for discounts on the Ignis.

A 2023 Ignis Alpha White (my preferred colour) Manual Petrol model is in the showroom. The final price has been quoted at ₹ 7.9lacs, including 3-year extended, full matting, and window shades (I was particular about these accessories). There is no story behind why the car has been in the showroom for so long other than the mandatory stock that the dealer has to lift from MSIL monthly.

I will do a thorough PDI or hire Zekardo to do the PDI, and then I will proceed.

If everything goes well, do you think I should proceed, or is there room for more discount?

Thanks
Took the delivery of a June 2023 Ignis Aplha*MT on the day of Dusshera, 12th October 2024
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ignis.jpeg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-pxl_20241012_044852192.mp.jpg

The total on-road price came up to ₹7,66,000. I haven't opted for an extended warranty; the default warranty is 3 years / 100,000 km.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-quote.jpeg

The first thing I did post-delivery was to get the tyres exchanged. I went ahead with the Bridgestone Turanza 6i. I liked these tyres. I have recently bought them for my seltos, and they are on par with the Continental UC6 or Michelin Primacy series.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-pxl_20241012_055646308.mp.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-pxl_20241012_055657620.mp.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-pxl_20241012_055725706.mp2.jpg

The original price of these tyres was ₹7,000 each, but after the exchange, I got them for ₹3,000 each. Tyre pressure is set at 33psi.

The tyres come with 3 year, unconditional warranty.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-tyre-warranty.jpeg

This car is purely city-run, but since we couldn't get the local RTA (lack of proof of address), we took the delivery in Hyderabad. We did a highway run yesterday to drive to my hometown (170km). We were 2 adults, 1 kid and we had 3 suitcases. The mileage shown on MID was 23km/l (I failed to take a photo)

When we took the delivery, the Odo had 113 km and is now 386km. The mileage shown on MID is 20.8 km/l.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-odo.jpeg

This morning, I took the car for service. Since it has been sitting idle since June 2023, I changed the oil and oil filter. This is purely OCD and for my peace of mind, which came at a cost of ₹1,950

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-bill.jpeg

There was also an error message "Service parking sensors" which I got it checked as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks