Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2024, 19:00   #1051
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_shen View Post
Hi Ultimatechamp.

This issue may be due to a number of reason, like faulty motor, switch gear. But since your car is new, this most probably may not be the reason.

I had the exact same problem in my previously owned WagonR. We used to park it in the open. Over some time, leaves, dirt would get accumulated in the beading. When washing this dirt and grime would move down the beading. Glass moving down was not a problem, but it sometimes would not move up. I just asked my local trusted mechanic. He opened the door inside panel and cleaned it thoroughly. Worked like a charm. If you are good with tools and have the patience you can do it yourself. Or a quick visit to your local garage will solve the issue. May be half an hour to an hour tops.

If this is a faulty wiring, solenoid, switchgear or motor issue some repair may be needed. But dirt getting accumulated is the most common issue.
Thanks a bunch for a very helpful guidance . Point is, this is not my first car, I have been buying Maruti Suzukis since 2003 and I have seen this in all my cars but not this soon. I have a covered parking at home, but yes it is true, that at the hospital where I work, I have to park under trees and in the open, like other doctors and leaves fall on the car all the time. But then why should it happen to a single door. Again you are right, in the way, that the window is easily going down, but refrains from coming up at times, today it did come up smoothly while returning from my workplace though.
One more point I would like to make here is, I use Garware Ice Cool tints on all my glasses in my every car, and there have been folks who say that these tints can cause problems with glass going up or down ! Now my question is, again is it because of dirt/grime/leaves like you said, but then why a single window ? Is it because of titnts, then again why it is affecting a single window ? Is it inherently bad motor in the car, but then it worked well for last 2 years, but then suddenly it is creating problem.
Just want to know, if anyone else is having these issue in their Ignis ?

I understand that I need to take it to the local car service to sort it out, but not getting time in the weekdays due to my schedule and on weekends, most service centers are so full up to their brim, that they ask customers not to come
Old 20th July 2024, 19:09   #1052
RRU
BHPian

MSL added ESP and Hill Hold assist plus made the IGNIS E20 and RDE compliant in its February 2023 update...sales folks are mostly ill informed about many features and aspects of the cars they so aggressively try to sell.

The Alto K10 does not however get Hill Hold and ESP.
RRU is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 00:02   #1053
BHPian

My mistake. Alto doesn't have hill hold. Spresso has. Since both are priced almost similarly with same engine, I guessed it too has. My humble apologies.
mm_shen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 11:32   #1054
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuser View Post
I'm considering buying either Ignis or Tiago NRG.

For Ignis, I have heard again and again about the (1) steering lightness and instability on highway higher speeds and (2) stiff suspension causing uncomforting backseats.

Being confident in highway and long trip comfort is important for me.
I would like to ask Ignis owners about the same - would really appreciate your real life experience on this.

I can say steering is light compared to some cars say WagonR as we have both, I have cruised on decent highways at 80 to 120kmph speeds and it will stay planted below 100kmph, but at 120 or above it's not that confident. For example, an unforeseen pothole or an uneven patch will make it feel unsettled. So I don't think it will be that big an issue. 120kmph is a very unsafe speed on our roads anyway and you will achieve those speeds very rarely except on the newly built highways. And yes, suspension is stiff but if you drop tyre pressure to 30 PSI, it's okay.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th July 2024 at 14:47. Reason: Please use proper spelling and punctuation, and proofread posts before submitting. Thanks.
DhinaStark94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 15:55   #1055
BANNED

Ever since i had bought my ignis sigma last year from True value i had a list of accessories/wishlist in my mind. The car came with foglamps, seatcovers, silver wheelcaps, and audio system + Remote key unlock as accesories from true value side. It lacked the black wraps in b,c pillars, no black wheel paint for stock steel wheels(they were in silver), no roof rails.

Immediately after taking delivery i wrapped the pillars in black and got the wheel caps painted in black along with the steel wheels.

This was the easy part , any decent paint shop can do it, the hard part eas sourcing an quality roof rail. Tried several from Amazon and MGT brand from boodmo and they were all small. Finally sourced one for 2600rs from PreethAuto parts in Chennai from india mart of all places. They fit well and look similar to the OE roof rail. We have to apply 3m paint primer and use the 3m double sidded tapes to fit them.Had them wrapped in black also along with the Addidas strips in the rear quarter panel.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20240707170434.jpg
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20240707170429.jpg
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20240707170413_1.jpg

Have to see about long term durability though as they are merely getting holded by the primer and the double side tape only, my paranoid mind is thinking about the rain seasons and the hot summers and if they will ruin the tapes. Only time will tell. Please ignore the mess you see in th grille, its big story
DhinaStark94 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 22:33   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
I am having an unique problem with my Ignis Alpha 2022 model, having around 17k+ on the odometer. The passenger side glass of the front door is giving undue headaches recently. If the glass is lowered, it seizes to go up. The car is completely driven by me as I do not have any driver, and in my hospital parking or anywhere else, I do not purposefully give the keys to anyone else. Rest of the glass windows are normally working. The passenger side glass, if it is rolled down, at times seizes to go up, not always, but recently this has started and is happening quite frequently since last 1 week. What may be the reason ? I take very good care of my car named Snowy and its not that old, if you know what I mean . Anyone else is having this problem ? Please let me know, thanks in advance
I had the exact issue in my 2020 Ignis alpha. I had the driver side switch changed under warranty as it is the master switch.
nitinmurali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 11:09   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Now my question is, again is it because of dirt/grime/leaves like you said, but then why a single window ? Is it because of titnts, then again why it is affecting a single window ? Is it inherently bad motor in the car, but then it worked well for last 2 years, but then suddenly it is creating problem.
Just want to know, if anyone else is having these issue in their Ignis ?
One can own X number of four door cars with 4X number of window panes and yet one fine morning, one window may say "I ain't gonna work today, mate!"

It is not a car specific issue. Ignis may be more susceptible to it but this happens all the time. Your best case scenario is whatever the issue is, it gets resolved on its own. Your worst case scenario is, a faulty motor change or a switch assembly change (basically, one of two of the electronics) and considering it is Maruti, the cost is too low! The practical scenario is, something is stuck and any good mechanic can open up the panel, remove whatever is stuck, clean all the dirt and grime, and put back everything. Shouldn't take long.

Also, if the tint is an obstacle, then the tint should have been rolled up at either ends. Those are some obvious signs which you'd have definitely not missed.

Last edited by TheVDR : 22nd July 2024 at 11:12.
Old 22nd July 2024, 20:28   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVDR View Post
One can own X number of four door cars with 4X number of window panes and yet one fine morning, one window may say "I ain't gonna work today, mate!"

It is not a car specific issue. Ignis may be more susceptible to it but this happens all the time. Your best case scenario is whatever the issue is, it gets resolved on its own. Your worst case scenario is, a faulty motor change or a switch assembly change (basically, one of two of the electronics) and considering it is Maruti, the cost is too low! The practical scenario is, something is stuck and any good mechanic can open up the panel, remove whatever is stuck, clean all the dirt and grime, and put back everything. Shouldn't take long.

Also, if the tint is an obstacle, then the tint should have been rolled up at either ends. Those are some obvious signs which you'd have definitely not missed.
Tints are absolutely fine. The issue with the glass not going up didn't happen today, but then again the problem is still there. I guess I need to take her to the Service center the coming Sunday to check what's wrong and get it sorted . Thanks to all
Old 27th July 2024, 10:48   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Dear Ignis Owners

Has anyone upgraded/changed the stock headlights ?

Mine is Zeta model and I feel the headlight throw is not adequate. Specially during rainy/foggy nights.

My requirements are actually quite simple:

1. Need to replace stock halogens with stronger intensity ones, but the wattage should be within legal limits and In accordance woth the Motor vehicle Act rules.

2. Is there any particular advantage of upgrading to LED for low beam (while keeping high beam as Halogen) ? Is it even possible in the Ignis' setup ?

3. The replacement should be exactly plug and play with absolutely zero need of any rewiring.

4. Where to get and where to get it installed. I am based in Delhi NCR.
Old 27th July 2024, 12:37   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Has anyone upgraded/changed the stock headlights ?
I drive an Ignis Delta 2020 facelift one. Soon after buying, had changed the stock bulbs to Osram Night Breaker 200 H4. At that time it was Osram's brightest halogen. Here's the link
https://www.osram.com/ecat/NIGHT%20B...GPS01_3495633/

It's plug and play. The high beam is quite good, has a cooler tone. The low beam is satisfactory as any good halogen goes. My preference is halogen and not LED.

Night Breaker H4 comes in two models, subject to correction - 150 and 200. Go for the 200 one.

Last edited by driver52001 : 27th July 2024 at 12:38.
driver52001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 17:32   #1061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Yes, got it done on wife’s 2017 Ignis Zeta amt, you need to change the base frame and the plastic height adjust lever. It is a direct fit. .
Thanks for this. Something we are thinking of.

One other question: How have the seat cushions aged ? The cushions feel soft, and am wondering if these will last sufficiently, or will sag and become uncomfortable. Considering that you have the car since 2017, I think you would be in a good position to answer this Q.
Old 31st July 2024, 18:20   #1062
BHPian

The seats have not changed much since day 1, although they are not as supportive as the leatherite seats of my 2019 Creta SX(O), even the cloth seats of my father’s Brezza offer a better support. But they are like this since day 1, there is no sagging as such, and the level of comfort has not changed much, even after covering around 57000km.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks for this. Something we are thinking of.

One other question: How have the seat cushions aged ? The cushions feel soft, and am wondering if these will last sufficiently, or will sag and become uncomfortable. Considering that you have the car since 2017, I think you would be in a good position to answer this Q.
gsratta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 19:10   #1063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
The seats have not changed much since day 1, although they are not as supportive as the leatherite seats of my 2019 Creta SX(O), even the cloth seats of my father’s Brezza offer a better support.
Good to know that there is no sagging. However I am a bit confused about the leatherite and cloth parts there. These are seat covers. I do plan to get seat covers from outside, and not what the showroom has on offer.
Old 31st July 2024, 19:17   #1064
BHPian

I never put any seat covers on any of my cars, the Creta got the factory fitted ventilated leatherite seats, in the Brezza and Ignis also these are the default cloth seats, with no covers. The original seats last long, if taken care of, that is not placing any sharp objects etc, they are more comfortable as such, rather than with the seat covers. Also the aftermarket seat covers can never match the fit and finish of the factory seats, whether you get it from the showroom or the market. That is my opinion.
Quote:
Good to know that there is no sagging. However I am a bit confused about the leatherite and cloth parts there. These are seat covers. I do plan to get seat covers from outside, and not what the showroom has on offer.

Last edited by gsratta : 31st July 2024 at 19:23.
Old 31st July 2024, 20:17   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@condor: Go for the seat covers.
I have an alpha MT and I got the seats done from Shiva @ Imperial.
Let me know if you need to see some pics - I can share.
Cheers
starter is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks