Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2022, 20:38   #826
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Hello Ignis owners,

I am an owner of the 1st Gen Ignis (2018 model) Petrol AMT. I have been observing an issue with cold starts. The car stutters for the first few 100s of metres after a cold start. The movement from my parking slot till a few metres into the road are jerky. I complained about it during my services, but the issue still remains. The service guy told me, this is a common issue with AMTs. Is it the case? Starts after driving for some distances are pretty smooth.

I try to rev it a bit after ignition on to eliminate the stutter/jerks. It doesn't work always. Any suggestions / recommendations? Thanks for the advice.
Yes I have seen this issue but not often, it happens sometimes. I have a 2017 Model of Ignis. This issue comes in intermittently. Never told this to the service guys. Wondering if its too big an issue to be corrected. Need advice.
harbinder_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 21:17   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Yesterday my ignis amt's engine switched off suddenly while driving through the Velachery flyover ramp.
Any update on this? It sounds quiet worrying
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 14:05   #828
BHPian

A trip to East Sikkim from Kolkata via Gangtok, October 2022
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-psx_20221006_162200_copy_4096x3072.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-psx_20221106_103408_copy_4096x3072.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-psx_20221006_154350_copy_4096x3072.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-psx_20221006_164804_copy_4096x3072.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-psx_20221006_165719_copy_4096x3072.jpg  

SourabH007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 10:15   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Any update on this? It sounds quiet worrying
Thanks for asking. Nexa Khivraj checked the vehicle and claimed to find no issues except for a slightly loose connection at the battery terminal which they tightened. I took the vehicle for a 800 KMs trip to Trichy and Pillaiyarpatti post the check and the issue has not recurred so far (touch wood)

For the judder at cold start, I also face the same. It is perhaps due to clutch getting released at higher RPM at start. I am able to overcome it if I allow the RPM to settle to 800 revs before moving the vehicle to D or manage it with a very slow release of the brakes.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 05:50   #830
BHPian

Has anyone tried retrofitting the new front grill on the old Ignis? If anyone has done so, please share it here as I would love to go for the new toothed grill looks. Thank you.
Old 10th November 2022, 08:44   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelinf View Post
Has anyone tried retrofitting the new front grill on the old Ignis? If anyone has done so, please share it here as I would love to go for the new toothed grill looks. Thank you.
The whole front bumper needs to be changed and from photos and various posts it can be done.
archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 12:22   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelinf View Post
Can be done easily - and some service centers allow to claim insurance also if the bumper is scratched etc. They said minimum charges for Insurance would apply but both front and back cannot be done in one go. Will require multiple claims.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 21:17   #833
BHPian

So we started searching a car for our family with in a budget of 7L INR, This car is basically for my brother who lives abroad and will be using it when he comes to India, The remaining period of time it will be used by me and my family
Cars which were considered

S-presso: We went to check out the s-presso at a dealership which is nearby and once we arrived there was a white S-presso vxi+ standing. It has decent features for the price but the car felt really compact and the build quality according to me was below average so we decided to drop it .
Celerio:This car was also standing at the same dealership and then we had a look at it at the same time when were checking out the s-presso. The celerio felt spacious and the build quality felt better and the interiors were also superior when compared to the s-presso but my family didn't like the looks of it and it was dangerously priced closely to the Swift lxi.
Wagon-R: Personally I am not a fan of how the new generation wagon r looks but my mom is a big fan of the wagon r so she just wanted to check that out and she liked it and tried to convince my brother for this one but me and my brother both were not in a mood to purchase the wagon r because in NCR it has that taxi image which doesn't go well with us.

Now after having a look at these cars we were not happy and felt that these cars are not upto the mark and we felt that we need to increase our budget to get a car to fulfill our requirements.
Next day my brother asks me to check the on-road price of the new baleno sigma and asks me if it fits in our budget. I tried contacting a nexa dealership in noida and bulandshahar (UP) both send me a quotation of 7.5 INR and i happened to share it with my brother. We tried negotiating with the bulandshahar dealer and he told me that he is coming to meet me and he will come in an ignis. If you don't want to spend 7.5l on a baleno you can definitely have a look at the ignis. Me and my father took a test drive and surprisingly we found it spacious , the engine was quite refined it pulled nicely and ingress and Outgress was a lot easier when compared to other cars. I asked the sales executive to share the quotation of ignis zeta, Delta and sigma. We came back and i texted my brother saying do you like ignis? To which he said yes it's a decent car to which I told that i have taken a test drive and i liked it and i shared the quotation of all the three variants with him. Ignis sigma was within our budget and we thought if my mom likes it we will book it the same day. The sales executive came with the ignis again my mom checked out the car she liked it and after negotiating with the dealer we got a very good deal. Now the waiting period begins and we wait for the delivery of the vehicle which is scheduled on 1st of december and i will try to update this thread once we receive the vehicle

Forgive me if you find any grammatical error or spelling mistakes. This is the first time i am writing on team-bhp.
zaid qazi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 12:10   #834
Senior - BHPian

Folks is there a facelift expected on the Ignis anytime soon? There were some rumors that it would get launched during the Dasara timeframe, but nothing seems to have happened.

A friend of mine is looking to buy one but not in a hurry and if there is a facelift happening anytime soon, he would rather wait than picking up the current model.
Old 13th November 2022, 15:33   #835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Folks is there a facelift expected on the Ignis anytime soon? There were some rumors that it would get launched during the Dasara timeframe, but nothing seems to have happened.

A friend of mine is looking to buy one but not in a hurry and if there is a facelift happening anytime soon, he would rather wait than picking up the current model.
I would suggest buying the current one. I don't think there is a facelift in the pipeline considering the car has already seen a facelift once. It will most probably be the Dualjet engine being introduced which will drive prices up by 70-80K.

Although the Dualjet will have better fuel economy, overall performance has been reduced. It's better to get the current Ignis in my opinion.
vishy76 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 21:05   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
I would suggest buying the current one. I don't think there is a facelift in the pipeline considering the car has already seen a facelift once. It will most probably be the Dualjet engine being introduced which will drive prices up by 70-80K.

Although the Dualjet will have better fuel economy, overall performance has been reduced. It's better to get the current Ignis in my opinion.
Thanks for clarifying. The reason to wait would possibly not be for performance vs mileage but possible improvements in AMT tuning if any as they do keep improving it.

Had you driven an older Ignis from the 2017 Series and did you find any improvement in the AMT tuning in the post BS-VI re-tuned Ignis? I am curious to know if you have any feedback on this aspect.
Old 13th November 2022, 21:29   #837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Same here. After deliberating and TDing the Alto, Spresso, Celerio and WagonR, back to square one on the Ignis.

And since we are looking at the AMT, it is one thing that is holding us back. The lack of hill-hold in the Ignis. Heck, the Spresso even gets ESP in the AMT variants. And just like Spresso and WagonR, expecting Maruti to spring a surprise with the dualjet updation in the Ignis, alongwith hill-hold in AMT. But hoping against hope. Maruti being Maruti may even phase out the Ignis.

Having driven the dualjet WagonR, don't really mind the 3-4kmpl increase in the ARAI figures that would come with the dualjet. Afterall we are looking at the AMT version.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 13:14   #838
BHPian

Trip to Bhimashankar in my Ignis Zeta P MT

Hello Bhpians, this my first detailed post on this forum so apologies if I miss out any details.

After almost a year of no road trips (last one in Dec. 2021) and close to 2 months of planning, finally we decided to visit the Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga on 19 November. My Ignis was fueled up the previous night and all set for the trip. We were 3 of us and I was at the wheel for the entire journey as the other 2 have less experience with cars. They mostly travel on bikes. We left from my home in Yerwada at 9 am on the 19th and took the below route:

Home (Yerwada) -> Vishrantwadi -> Dighi -> Dehu Alandi Rd. -> Nashik Highway -> Donde Rd. -> Pangari -> Chas -> Bursewadi -> Mandoshi -> Rajpur -> Bhimashankar

Since this was our first time and I wasn't familiar with the route I was relying on Google maps for navigation. On a safer side I had downloaded offline maps of the location and it came in handy as there were network issues in between. Originally the route on google maps would take you through Alandi. However, there was a palkhi on that day so we were diverted at Dehu Phata. At Yewale Amrutalay, we had to turn left on Dehu Alandi Rd to reach the highway. After hitting the highway, we faced traffic jam at Nanekarwadi and Chakan since those are major junctions with a signal. Government seriously needs to consider building a flyover and both these places. The highway is fairly good and I was maintaining 80 km/h.

After crossing the Torrent gas CNG station, we exited the highway at Donde Kadus Phata and took a left. From here there are multiple bad patches of road right until the final 2-3 kms since it passes through multiple villages. Concrete roads have been laid on the last 2-3 kms leading to the temple. We halted for close to an hour for breakfast at Swayamvar hotel. My friends ordered butter masala dosa and I ordered Meduwada sambar. The dosa and wada were tasty but sambar was just ok ok. After breakfast, we resumed our journey and reached the temple at 1:30 pm. We had to park around a km away from the temple as there was a jam at one spot due to the road being narrow.

It was almost 4:30 by the time we got done with darshan. Crowd was pretty large since it was a weekend. It was almost 5:30-5:45 by the time we had our meal and left for our return journey. We were coming back by the same route but got diverted somewhere on Wada Rd. I'm unable to remember the exact spot since I asked my co-passenger to on navigation in his phone as Jio was working but Vodafone wasn't and he was guiding me. However, the diversion got us back to Donde Rd. and we joined the highway again at Donde Kadus Phata. Once on the highway, we were able maintain 80-100 km/hr again and halted at the very first dhaba for refreshments (can't remember the name). Had an energy drink since I was slightly exhausted from the driving. After a short 10 minutes halt, we resumed the journey to Pune. Google maps this time got us through Alandi but the road blocks were still there and we had to take multiple diversions this time to reach Alandi Dighi road. This added another 30 minutes to the trip and we finally reached home at 9:30 pm.

The car was absolutely stable on the highway handled pretty well even on sharp turns thanks to the stiff suspension setup. However, ride was to bouncy on the bad patches after exiting the highway at Donde Kadus Phata and every single bump was felt in the cabin. Overall, the car returned a mileage of ~17.5 kmpl. But it easily goes upto 21-22 if it's a constant highway journey. Signing off with some shots from the journey:

Myself and my Ignis with the Bhima lake in the backdrop
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20221119_115559.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20221119_115538.jpg

With my buddies
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20221120wa0004.jpg

At the temple
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20221120wa0003.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20221120wa0001.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20221120wa0002.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20221120wa0000.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20221119_160050.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20221119_141726.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20221119_171842.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20221119_161716.jpg
yatesh.92 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 19:17   #839
BHPian

Wanted a quick advice from all the experienced members of this forum.
I am planning to take my ignis delivery on 1st of december and i will be going to do the PDI by 30th November.
So the problem is the dealer is asking me to do the entire payment of the car before hand and is asking atleast 48 hours cushion time for the paper work which I feel is a bit too much and i think asking the entire amount 48 hours before delivery isn't a right demand.
What do you guys suggest? Should I do the entire payment on 30th after the PDI Or should I do part payment and make the remaining payment on the day of delivery.
Old 28th November 2022, 10:52   #840
BHPian

Dear Bhpians:
I have a delta variant where there are no tweeters; wanted to add them and don't want to fiddle with the stock looks. So checked boodmo and ordered front door garnishes and tweeters. I ordered with the correct part numbers for both front left garnish and right garnish. But when the order was recieved, both of them were of different part numbers; but both turned out to be right side ones. I tried contacting boodmo; they were of no help - only asking to go for a return and not helping me to get the left side garnish. Is there any other way to get? Thank you. I am attaching the photos.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-tweeter-garnish-2.jpeg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-tweeter-garnish-3.jpeg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-tweeter-garnish.jpeg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks