Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2021, 15:58   #676
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Ignis is one of the better cars from Maruti's stable, and it's sort of a sleeper. We had 10k on the ODO when we picked it in Nov 2020. The car was 2019, September model and had 5 years of extended warranty and we got 1 year warranty from TrueValue. We paid 5.2 lakhs for the vehicle.

Cheers!
Thanks for the response! This will serve as a good benchmark for our search.
rachitarora1985 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 13:01   #677
BHPian

Hi guys,
Have a weird situation going on with my car wherein the km/l reading only hovers between 16.3 and 16.2 not more not less with 100% AC. Be it whatever octane of petrol, or however heavy/light my foot is, city/highway irrespective. Was wondering if everyone is getting similar-ish mileage figures or there is something to ponder upon?

(Background- Jan 2020 Ignis Delta Petrol, 15k now, on synthetic)
Old 5th June 2021, 13:32   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam.dino View Post
Hi guys,
Have a weird situation going on with my car wherein the km/l reading only hovers between 16.3 and 16.2 not more not less with 100% AC.
(Background- Jan 2020 Ignis Delta Petrol, 15k now, on synthetic)
May I know when did u last reset the MID reading? If you haven't for the 15k kilometers that you have mentioned, I see nothing wrong in your reading. The readings don't change much if you leave the setting untouched for a longer period of time(read mileage).

Last edited by Emvi : 5th June 2021 at 13:43. Reason: Rephrasing
Old 6th June 2021, 21:30   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
May I know when did u last reset the MID reading?....
Hey, thanks for replying!
I reset the Trip A every month, is that what you're referring to?
Old 6th June 2021, 21:55   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam.dino View Post
Hey, thanks for replying!
I reset the Trip A every month, is that what you're referring to?
I was referring to the fuel average reading in the MID and not the trip meter reading. You can reset the fuel average reading by long pressing the toggle switch(the same way you do with the trip meter reading), in case you are unaware of it.

Last edited by Emvi : 6th June 2021 at 21:59.
Emvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 23:10   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
I was referring to the fuel average reading in the MID .. in case you are unaware of it.
Could not have been more unaware of it, will reset and check it out. Thanks a ton!!
arindam.dino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 19:12   #682

This BS6 Maruti Suzuki Ignis AMT runs on CNG

Just a few days ago, one of my friend asked me to suggest him a new small car as his father was planning to upgrade from his Alto 800 to some new Maruti. As he strictly wanted a Maruti Suzuki car that too with an automatic transmission, I suggested him the Swift and the Ignis as these two cars would perfectly fit in his budget.

However, later he asked me that if he can fit aftermarket CNG in them. I wasn't really sure if aftermarket CNG can be installed in automatic cars or not as I live in Guwahati and we don't have CNG here. So, I started my online research but couldn't find any examples from a trusted source. But, today he himself sent me this link of Cartoq where there is a BS6 Maruti Ignis AMT running on CNG.

Source - https://https://www.cartoq.com/marut...ignis-amt-cng/

This aftermarket sequential kit on the Ignis seems good and viable in today's situation as fuel prices are constantly increasing. My friend and his father found this video to be useful. Just wanna ask if any other Team-BHP members are using their BS6 automatic cars on CNG and how's their experience?
shakti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 11:48   #683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhillon View Post
Hi, you have definitely made the car look more sexy. I specially like the front tow hook. I also have an Ignis Delta and planning to go for wider tyres. Can you tell me how much the impact on mileage is with your 195 shoes?
Thank you so much. She is now sporting a tow strap too.

With the 195 tyres, I get an average of 14.5 in city driving. Most of the time in office hour traffic. Car runs in 2nd and 3rd gear mostly. Highway drives return an average of 19 at moderate speed.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_7388.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_7386.jpg  

rdas81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 18:49   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdas81 View Post
Thank you so much. She is now sporting a tow strap too.

With the 195 tyres, I get an average of 14.5 in city driving. Most of the time in office hour traffic. Car runs in 2nd and 3rd gear mostly. Highway drives return an average of 19 at moderate speed.
Thank you for the reply. My car is already on 13.5 in city with AC on. So I believe sticking to OE tyres is a good idea considering the petrol price.

The strap definitely looks good. Where did you attach it though? Doesn't seem like it attached to the grill. What part of engine bay is it attached to?
Dhillon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 17:12   #685
BHPian

Quote:
The strap definitely looks good. Where did you attach it though? Doesn't seem like it attached to the grill. What part of engine bay is it attached to?
There are two rubber knob like things on both the sides of the bonnet latch where they tie garlands to during delivery. May be it's attached there.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 21:16   #686
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
There are two rubber knob like things on both the sides of the bonnet latch where they tie garlands to during delivery. May be it's attached there.
Its a pretty regularly seen motorsport accessory. OMP made pull strap. It comes with a metallic mounting point on one side with a couple of bolt holes. So it can be bolted into any secured screw/bolt on the flat surface behind the grille under the bonnet, using any existing bolt that is used to secure the grille or other myriad of things mounted on the top cross member.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 18:16   #687

Quote:
Thank you for the reply. My car is already on 13.5 in city with AC on. So I believe sticking to OE tyres is a good idea considering the petrol price.

Its fixed to the bolt holding the ac pipe.

And she's a RS version now.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_2243.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_1264.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_0724.jpg  

Old 1st September 2021, 23:24   #688
BHPian

Recenty acquired an Ignis Sigma variant in Nexa blue colour. I was initially looking to buy Spresso vxi+. But after the consumer offer and the exchange bonus for my old Nano, Ignis with its sweet 4 cylinder engine and much better build came lower than Spresso it was then a no brainer for me. Installed an mga fog light at the time of delivery itself. A good music system and speakers is next in my list. Shortlisted Sony XAV AX 5000/5500 and Blaupunkt New york 750. For front door speakers I thinking of getting either JBL A352HI coaxials or Infinity refrence REF-6522ix coaxials. A few pics taken during PDI and delivery are attached below.

The very first time we met.
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210814_142601.jpg

During PDI. Yes, it had IJL lighting. After going through Leoshashi's XL6 thread, I was particularly looking for IJL lighting in my car as well.Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210814_143246.jpg

Odometer showed 9km during pdi.
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210814_142823.jpg

Tyres all around including spare were manufactured in either 23rd or 24th week of 2021
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210814_142443.jpg

The bare-bone interior of the Sigma variant. PDI checklist downloaded from Team-BHP can be seen in my hand.
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210814_142803.jpg
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210814_142758.jpg
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210814_142917.jpg

That sweet 4 cylinder K12M engine. This engine is so smooth and silent.
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210814_143230.jpgMaruti Ignis : Official Review-20210814_143236.jpg

My sister accompanied me to take delivery.
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210828_170059.jpg

On the hydraulic ramp.
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210828_171945.jpg

I love this photo very much. Maybe because of the camera angle, in this photo the rear end of the Ignis looks so proportionate and handsome.
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210829_14001322.jpg
sole_rider is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 18:06   #689
BHPian

Has anyone tried to change the projector LED headlight bulb in the ignis? Is it completely sealed? I would like to change the white h4 LED's to 4300k yellow LED's.
Sman999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 18:55   #690
BHPian

Hi guys! Need your help regarding an issue.

So my Ignis's touchscreen infotainment system stopped responding to touch inputs one fine day.

The capacitive buttons on the sides were working but not the on-screen ones.

The music was playing but I could only control it via the phone and steering controls.

I tried to switch on/off the infotainment system but nothing happened.

Then I switched off the car engine and turned it on after sometime and it responded as normal.

At first I ignored it as one off case but it happened twice in 3 days and so I need a solution that whether is this a common issue? what should I do? take it to MASS or let be and use the engine on/off as the only solution?

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks