Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2021, 22:39   #661
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I took delivery of Ignis Alpha AMT yesterday.
Congratulations on your new car!

Since you are upgrading a lot of items, please let me know if you also manage to find these items as I'm unable to find it in the spare parts list.
1. Rear wheel well cladding
2. Engine Guard
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 11:37   #662
BHPian

^^ Thanks. Will let you know but I haven't come across these.

The dealer told me that mudflaps can't be fitted on the top trims of the ignis due to the plastic cladding. Can someone confirm if it is true?

Some initial feedback
1. The return to centre action is almost sorted though could be better. A big relief
2. Continental UC6 195/60 R15 has made a huge difference in the road noise, comfort levels and ability to handle pot holes
3. The vehicles ability to retain composure after going through a pot hole is very good.
4. Handles pretty good for a tall boy
5. Lovely K12 engine.
6. Better AMT than the one on the Celerio. Perhaps the 4 cylinder engine with better power makes the difference
7. Mileage per MID is around 13.5 with city driving
8. Pretty good AC.
9. Puddle lamp is a good welcome addition on the alpha trim
10. Excellent head lamps.
11. No styrofoam for tools and loose tools causing rattle.
12. Good visibility except for wide c pillar which causes an issue when merging onto highways from the entry ramps at an angle
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-psx_20210314_113038.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-psx_20210314_113332.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-psx_20210314_113105.jpg  

Sridhar K is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 23:05   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynike99 View Post
Apologies for very late reply @Torquesteer, was busy in work. I had ordered cable from amazon, posting link here.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08JHN8XLV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_S0WCSJZJ38X6PA1MQBMJ?_enco ding=UTF8&psc=1

If its out of stock on amazon, you can order from the parent website as well.

https://kwidcarsolution.in/product/c...inal-adapters/
I have attached one end to the music system and other end to original Alpha variant camera.
Thanks for your guidance, have sourced the cable from the above link. Looking forward for your DIY post.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:05   #664
Senior - BHPian

Needed help with the Cabin Light for the Ignis. Has anyone changed the Cabin Light of the Ignis to LED?
Will this Festoon Bulb fit? Link

I think there are bulbs available in sizes 31mm, 36mm and 40mm - not sure which one is the correct size for Ignis...
Also, are there choices from better brands?

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 22nd March 2021 at 13:07.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 20:33   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Needed help with the Cabin Light for the Ignis. Has anyone changed the Cabin Light of the Ignis to LED?
Will this Festoon Bulb fit? Link

I think there are bulbs available in sizes 31mm, 36mm and 40mm - not sure which one is the correct size for Ignis...
Also, are there choices from better brands?
I changed the cabin lamps, boot lamp and the puddle lamps to LED at the accessory shop. They told me that the bulbs were T10 and and were of the brand Super, apparently a roots company. I had used Super wiring kit for upgrading headlamps to 100/90W and found them frugal and abuse friendly.

https://www.amazon.in/Super-2828-Parking-Light-Bulbs/dp/B01HRD0I1S/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=headlight+parking+bul b+LED+super&qid=1616425374&replacementKeywords=hea dlight+parking+bulb+led&s=automotive&sr=1-2&vehicle=Bajaj%3ASuper

On my ignis, have done the following upgrades so far
1) Genous Nappa PU OE Seat covers
2) Genous original leather steering wrap
3) Top Gear 7D Mats
4) Cabin lamps, boot lamps and puddle lamps upgraded to white LED
5) Garware Articool sunfilms
6) Roof wrapped with Avery Dennisson black Vinyl
7) PPF for doors edges, mirrors and door handles
8) Continental UC6 195/60 R15 tyres

Last edited by Sridhar K : 22nd March 2021 at 20:41.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:46   #666
BHPian

Took Ignis for it's 4th year/ 40k service. Car has only done 21300km to date. Service was done at Popular Maruti, Choondal. Total bill came out to be Rs 6650 including wheel alignment and balancing.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-bill1.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-bill2.jpg

The car was used by BIL while I was out of the country. After he got ripped off at 'Suraksha Car Care HSR Layout', (Rs 7k for a 'check up' during Aug 2020), I have almost no issues with this bill. I can only see about Rs 350 worth of additions the SA made to the job card among which is the perfume card. I'm going to give him a pass on that as I was anyway planning on getting some kind of an air freshener. Credits to the SA for not pushing any other 'rip off' services.

Against my better instinct I went for Alignment and Balancing at the dealership. I feel something is off with the alignment data. The car was pulling slightly to the left before the service.While that is definitely gone, the data is off with the right wheel values. I have to admit that I might've missed it in my short ride home (2km). Only a longer drive can reveal any issues.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-wa.jpg
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 20:06   #667
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,
My Ignis has completed 3 years. Except for the light steering the car has been really good in terms of overall performance. I am planning to replace the air filter with K&N filter. I am not looking for any performance improvement. The main objective is to get a louder and sweet induction sound inside the cabin. Please shed some light on the suitable model for Ignis.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th April 2021 at 18:16. Reason: Typos and punctuation. Please proof-read posts before submitting. Thanks.
Old 1st April 2021, 11:45   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdas81 View Post
A few visual add-ons and I am in love with the white & red combination. Tyres are 195/60.
Hi, you have definitely made the car look more sexy. I specially like the front tow hook. I also have an Ignis Delta and planning to go for wider tyres. Can you tell me how much the impact on mileage is with your 195 shoes?
Dhillon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 18:01   #669
BHPian

Have driven my ignis for 970 odd kms including a highway trip to Pondicherry. One good news, rather a big sigh of relief is that the return to centre action of the steering is sorted out. Even my test drive vehicle from the face lifted version (early 2020) also did not have the return to centre action. Perhaps MSIL has taken the feedback and addressed the issue in the later batches. 195mm tyres also helps a bit in the steering feedback.

Continental seems to have got a gem with UC6 with its grip, comfort, noise levels that are on par with Primacy 4 ST. Only thing to check out is its longevity and abuse friendliness as Michelins.

Mileage was 18 KMPL for the highway with 3 digits speeds and with lower speeds was hitting 20s. The engine will open up post the run in period. Manual mode is fun to the drive on the AMT, a much better experience for me than the one on my earlier XUV300 diesel.

Ride quality is a bit stiff. Handles pot holes better than speed bumps.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:39   #670
BHPian

Our Ignis Sigma upgrades have finished after all around cladding by Suzuki Genuine accessories.
The Urban SUV look desired and advertised is now complete.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210407_163050.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210407_163011.jpg  

bhpindian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 15:43   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpindian View Post
Our Ignis Sigma upgrades have finished after all around cladding by Suzuki Genuine accessories.
The Urban SUV look desired and advertised is now complete.
Hi, I own a 2019 delta model and really wanted to get the cladding done but have not found any option till now here in Gurgaon. Can you share what was the total cost? Is the cladding fitted by making holes in the body?
Old 23rd May 2021, 15:50   #672
BHPian

Hello,

Posting this for a friend. Is it possible to install aftermarket cruise control in Ignis, AMT? we have checked and we could not find anything conclusive, while we got a couple of site selling the cruise control kit but not many details available.
Old 27th May 2021, 19:31   #673

I have developed a ligament injury in my right leg somehow. It would be of great help if any fellow bhpian throw some light on installing cruise control in Ignis.
Old 27th May 2021, 21:26   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Just did a quick weekend retreat to Auroville, Pondy in our recently picked up pre-owned Ignis Delta AMT. The drive was close to 350Kms in total.
Congrats for your pre owned ride. It is reassuring that the car performed beautify including on the highway. I'm looking for a pre owned car for my Dad. His previous ride was a Wagon R (blue eye) and Ignis is one of the contenders due to similar layout and ease of ingress and 1.2 engine. If it is fine with you, may I ask the price you paid and Km/MY of your car.
Old 29th May 2021, 13:24   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachitarora1985 View Post
Congrats for your pre owned ride. It is reassuring that the car performed beautify including on the highway. I'm looking for a pre owned car for my Dad. His previous ride was a Wagon R (blue eye) and Ignis is one of the contenders due to similar layout and ease of ingress and 1.2 engine. If it is fine with you, may I ask the price you paid and Km/MY of your car.
Ignis is one of the better cars from Maruti's stable, and it's sort of a sleeper. We had 10k on the ODO when we picked it in Nov 2020. The car was 2019, September model and had 5 years of extended warranty and we got 1 year warranty from TrueValue. We paid 5.2 lakhs for the vehicle.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed